Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will you be starting fresh

when the city living comes, will you be starting your game over all brand new, or will you be moving you're already played sims into the city.
and how many times have you started fresh and new. I have lost count how many times I have started over. ever time a new expansion or stuff pack comes out that I want. or I just get bored and start again. what about you??

Comments

• littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    I started many new saves when Get Together came out..but I had the idea to just make one save called sims story. And since then, I've been playing rotationally. I filled every world with certain venues and households. I make some connections between each world like grandparents living in Oasis Springs and their grandchildren in Willow Creek. However, I have another save just for building purpose. So, there is only two saves in my game. Plus, I think it's fun to combine all my sims into one save. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Hmm, I'll be saving my current household and start a new game. But this is just to make my save file smaller again. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm trying to decide on just that. I've played a continuous family line since the beginning and only started a new save once. That was after generation 7 because the game had started to lag and I got some really bad glitches on the largest lots. I saved all the sims and houses I wanted to keep and transferred them to a new save. Now I'm on generation 10, and the largest lots are starting to get some bugs again. It's not a big problem yet, but I'm thinking that the new EP would be a good opportunity to start fresh once again. It's just so much work when I want to transfer many of the families and houses from current save...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I start again all the time, not just when new packs come along. I don't know why. I guess I just get fed up of a story line, or something ruins it (like culling). I have MC mod now though, so it is my intention to just carry on with the families I'm currently playing. I will probably pick a premade or two from the city to add to my rotations.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    I have only one save, started two years ago but I'm thinking about starting a new save with a single sim to experience all the awesome new features of CL. Then I plan on moving my current extended family into an apartment building.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I plan to start a new save with a female YA sim moving to the city.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • mrBRAD91mrBRAD91 Posts: 33 Member
    I'll probably start a new save, plus visit the city with my current sims.
    Gallery:mrBRAD91
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    New save
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Kendra326Kendra326 Posts: 515 Member
    I always like to make a new sim right off the bat when there is new content so I can just go directly into seeing the new hair, makeup, accessories, clothes, etc. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    One of the things I've been loving about Sims 4 is that I don't have to start fresh. I have until now, though, with EPs. I started fresh with Get to Work not because of the EP but because of the new career assignment that came with it and broke my rotational save (which was solved a later when that stopped affected played Sims). I'm still playing that Get to Work save, though, and it's become a favorite save of mine (I was playing it yesterday: Princess Leia lives in Windenburg). I also started a new save for Get Together, so that I was set up to really take advantage of the new clubs system. That one's a rotational save that replaced my old, set-aside one.

This time I'm not planning to make a new save. I've got three saves I play, depending on my mood, and City Living will just expand all three. In my "Legacy Lite" save, I'll delete the premades (that save is premade-free) and move a few townies into apartments, then keep going; a later generation might move to the city, and I'm sure my Sims will enjoy the city's offerings.

In my rotational save, I'll pick which premades to keep in it, maybe move a few of my own Sims to the city, and expand the clubs; I might make a few new households to move into apartments too, especially ones with teens and children, which are my focus in that save.

And in my Celebrity Sims save, Princess Leia is working hard at being a spy - she aims to infiltrate all of Windenburg society and become a Diamond Agent. But then she's going to get restless and move to the city, where she will embark on becoming a politician :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well usually when I do buy a pack I have this Save where I test everything, mods and cc included, With my simself So no I don't start over...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @MasonGamer where does your signature vid come from??
    Kendra326 wrote: »
    I always like to make a new sim right off the bat when there is new content so I can just go directly into seeing the new hair, makeup, accessories, clothes, etc. :)

That's a good idea. I have so many of those stars in CAS, indicating stuff I've never looked at. :p
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Probably not. Every time I make a new save, I end up going back to this bloated save :sob:
    My file size is huge. I know if I just deleted a few sims it'd be way faster but my god
    I can't because I love my townies too :joy:
    My heir will go to the city since he's got nothing yet, but my save will be the same.
    I have 3 saves I usually use including my main one. One is my CC free save where I usually build and the other is my story save where I keep my clones for story telling purposes. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I don't really like starting fresh, but guess it depends on how rotational play is like when CL goes on sale. If it's not working I might start fresh or use my current save (depending what's going on there at that point), if it's working then I could even go back to my main save.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

One of my new Favorite TV Shows called, Lucifer. It's about the Devil, Lucifer Morningstar, the fallen angel that was cast into the Underworld, by his father. But it's not All biblical, nor is it based solely on the DC Comic Book.

He and His Demon sidekick Mazikeen decide to take a little vacation and Cross the Gates of The Underworld and wash up on the shores of Los Angles. The reside in this Nightclub/Penthouse called Lux. His new life as a immortal Human is pretty cool, Parties, in Sims terms lots of woohoo, and Juice. But it all Changes when Amenadiel, comes to town and wants to drag him back to the Underworld where he belongs; and Lucifer meets Chloe Decker, a detective and only human Lucifer has encountered who seems to be immune to his Power and Charms, and Something about her makes Him, Mortal.

I think its a great show especially, Season 2 just started, and someone broke loose from Underworld. Lucifer's Mother, and she's walking the earth.
    Actually you probably could do this story in the Sims, but you'd need supernatural of course.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Kendra326 wrote: »

Me too. I'll most likely make a couple (not a couple as in married/dating. Just a couple of room mates) to check out the city and play through them but eventually I'll play my old/existing save game there too. Don't most small town kids dream of growing up and moving to the city? Maybe my city kids will grow up and dream of moving to the small town peace and quiet. :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Reading through some of the responses again I'm a bit confused. My current game save was last saved around 10pm last night. If I load my game and create and move a new sim into an empty lot and then save, I'm assuming that when I play her again I'm still going to be able to see all the other sims in the game, even the one family I currently play? How do I set it up so that I can play a new sim and not see any of my existing sims? Is this starting a new game and will it effect my current save? Also, I have a lot of sims I've downloaded and classified as unplayed not in world and they show up as NPCs and I always see them walking around. If I start a new game will they be counted in the sim limit and possibly be culled?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2016
    @simgirl1010 you can create as many new saves as you want and as long as you don't delete your old ones they'll never interfere with one another. Just make sure you give them different names so they don't overwrite one another. :)

The culling, that's a good question though. Sadly, I know very little about it other than having seen a sim disappear once as he was culled. :/ He wasn't one of mine or one of my downloaded sims though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm really bad about making new saves for every little thing, so I'm 99% sure that I'm going to make a new one for this. I already have one where I created a new Sim and moved her into a starter house in Windenburg. I was going to play her a little bit and save up a little bit of money, and get some skills, but I'm not sure that I like her enough to play her in City Living. I may end up making a new Sim.

Simgirl, making a brand new save is one of the options on the bar at the upper right hand part of the main menu screen. I think it's a plus sign. When you do that, your other save won't be touched, it will still be exactly the same as you left it, and you will have a brand new save with all of the neighborhoods reset to how they were in the beginning, with just the premade Sims. You can make a new Sim or pick one out of the gallery to use, and none of your existing Sims (except for the premade ones) will be in that save.

I would suggest making backups of your saves, just in case, because it never hurts to do that, but your existing save shouldn't be affected at all :)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

One of my new Favorite TV Shows called, Lucifer. It's about the Devil, Lucifer Morningstar, the fallen angel that was cast into the Underworld, by his father. But it's not All biblical, nor is it based solely on the DC Comic Book.

He and His Demon sidekick Mazikeen decide to take a little vacation and Cross the Gates of The Underworld and wash up on the shores of Los Angles. The reside in this Nightclub/Penthouse called Lux. His new life as a immortal Human is pretty cool, Parties, in Sims terms lots of woohoo, and Juice. But it all Changes when Amenadiel, comes to town and wants to drag him back to the Underworld where he belongs; and Lucifer meets Chloe Decker, a detective and only human Lucifer has encountered who seems to be immune to his Power and Charms, and Something about her makes Him, Mortal.

I think its a great show especially, Season 2 just started, and someone broke loose from Underworld. Lucifer's Mother, and she's walking the earth.
    Actually you probably could do this story in the Sims, but you'd need supernatural of course.

I have him in my game, he's so hot.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I always use the current save.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    recently started fresh so I think I'll just move households into the city gradually
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I've just started a new save to prepare enough households and relationships for the new EP :)
    I'll move to San Myshuno some of their offsprings once generation 2 is finally born.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • YekeSimsYekeSims Posts: 16 New Member
    I'm playing a few different families so whichever one of them has a teen or young adult, I'll probably have that Sim move to San Myshuno. That way she can always go back to visit her family in the previous towns.