Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Curious:

Am I the only person who doesn't use any CC on their Sims? I think it stands out too much unless it is a retexture. All of those custom eyes and hair and stuff like that stands out too much unless you go through the whole town and change all of the Sims to have the CC.

Comments

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I don't use custom hair. Well, I do have a few custom hairs but they look like normal Sims-4 style hair. I can't use the other Sims-3 looking hair since I play on a laptop and it doesn't show up properly, but even if I could... I probably wouldn't. However, if I could use the "real" looking hair like in the Sims 3, on the Sims 3, I probably would. I don't personally like the CC eyes, to be honest. It seems like whenever people use CC on their sims, they don't even look like sims after a few CC's. I agree with you, having the over-the-top CC hair and eyes does make them stand out.

On the contrary, though, I do have some CC shirts that I love. They look like normal Sim shirts, though. They're just, well, custom.
    giphy.gif
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I like CC clothes. But I don't like things that make Sims look completely different from the pre-made sims.
  • NanviNanvi Posts: 7 New Member
    Hmm it basically is a question: Where's the line? Right? Some people use light cc: T-shirt's that look like in-game clothes, hair who have different mesh but textures are EAish, some just change nearly everything, skins and stuff like that.
    Personally i have loads of CC for CAS in my Sims 3 since i find sims 3 meshes, hair and skin awfully done + they don't really look realistic or natural enough for me. If we talk about Sims 4, i have some light CAS CC, 2-3 skins, different eyes that are default for all the Sims in the game and some basic shirts or skirts that are or retextured or slightly mesh and texture improved.
    It all comes down to how you like the look of your sims, how unique you want to make them for yourself etc. Just personal preference.
  • SholuNessSholuNess Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't use any myself. Only times I see it fit to use it would be for taking pictures, but not anytime else. It also makes the game way more laggy and buggy for me. Though, it is nice that cc makes the sims look more realistic, which alot of people prefer. Would be kinda nice if there was an Off-On switch for it like some other games have. Off for the ones that doesn't have a very good computer and On for the ones who got a decent computer, or if the person simply prefer it.
  • xMintxMint Posts: 175 Member
    edited October 2016
    I only use Maxis Match CC because I'm really uptight about the art style being consistent in my game, personally. I swore I wouldn't use CC at all for the longest time, but not enough new stuff was being released by Maxis and I got bored with what was in the game.
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    I love cc and try to use as much of them as I can. It's a fantasy world after all - I do what I want!
    positively Epicurean
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    xMint wrote: »
    I only use Maxis Match CC because I'm really uptight about the art style being consistent in my game, personally. I swore I wouldn't use CC at all for the longest time, but not enough new stuff was being released by Maxis and I got bored with what was in the game.

I agree with you. Hair that doesn't look like the base game hair stands out too much.
  • SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    I don't have any cc installed. Perfectly fine with what EA dishes out.
  • femalegamerxofemalegamerxo Posts: 57 Member
    Personally i love custom content, but currently don't use it much in either sims 3 or sims 4
  • youatemywaffleyouatemywaffle Posts: 41 Member
    Nothing looks tremendously appealing unless it's a hairstyle or some really interesting patterns to be honest.
    You catch more bees with honey than vinegar. That's why honey makes a poor facial moisturizer.
  • blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I don't use CC currently, but I've seen some CC that actually resembles TS4's style which I'm considering downloading. I've seen a lot of it on Tumblr. :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ReveryRevery Posts: 166 Member
    Places like this forum probably make it seem like a lot of sims players play with mods or cc, but I really think this isn't likely to be the case for the majority of players :smile:.

I would think that most casual players don't bother with cc at all. Online communities are probably not representative of the prevalent play styles when it comes to casual games; it seems likely that those who are invested in the game enough to spend a fair amount of their time searching for custom content would be in the minority. This forum is a very active place, but we're still only a fraction of all the people who have purchased a copy of TS4.

I use a lot of both mods and cc. When I found out about mods I was in my early teens and really couldn't resist :sweat_smile:. To be quite honest, I don't think I would have become a forum member at all if it hadn't been for cc... it basically took my relationship with the game to a new level. After a while, every game starts to get boring and an infinite online supply of fresh content was what kept me going.

On the topic of 'uncanny valley': I prefer a realitstic look for the game and go out of my way to make it happen with cc :smiley:. For me, sims start looking off when they have cartoony features (large eyes, head and unrealistic proportions) in combination with realistic looking cc. I think you can absolutely make very realistic and visually appealing sims with cc, it just takes some practice. :smile:
  • AzureMoiraAzureMoira Posts: 11 New Member

i love cc but I don't use it, or at least I haven't yet with Sims 4. Just because I remember my earlier Sims 2 days where I would just download and download and completely clutter up my game and my computer. it was just too much. plus, when sharing things on the gallery, i hate it when i see stuff i love, but once i download it, bloop. not the same. .missing this and that. so i personally figured, just play it as is for now. if i upload a lot, it'll make it so that i don't send people on a chase of where to find what. if i just absolutely NEED cc at some point, then maybe i will.
  • qMargotqMargot Posts: 36 Member
    I've got like five cc hair, they are all Maxis Match, but I still don't like that they have more color swatches than any original hair form the game, and so I don't like to use them, because I like when my babies are born and the genetics work - you know so the children have the same hair color as thir parents before them. With all the extra hair color options you'll never know.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited October 2016
    AzureMoira wrote: »
    i love cc but I don't use it, or at least I haven't yet with Sims 4. Just because I remember my earlier Sims 2 days where I would just download and download and completely clutter up my game and my computer. it was just too much. plus, when sharing things on the gallery, i hate it when i see stuff i love, but once i download it, bloop. not the same. .missing this and that. so i personally figured, just play it as is for now. if i upload a lot, it'll make it so that i don't send people on a chase of where to find what. if i just absolutely NEED cc at some point, then maybe i will.

Clutter.. Hahaha

I love CC and mods, too and though I never played TS 2 I can see where overloading one's game can be an issue. So I restricted the CC to a few skirts and one Hotel/Lounge.

Actually the self-discipline was easy. As yet I don't see a lot in the way of clothing or hair that I want.

If you decide to "take the plunge" with TS 4, just get it from a decent (reputable) CC and mods site, and make sure it is fairly recent relative to (if or when) you want to try.-- as in if you try next March, for example, don't give too much consideration to a CC download written last summer.

I did get one hairstyle that affected my game in an odd way so I took it back out. Not that it was a bad job by the artist, rather it was an older one that any of a number of patches since apparently don't "get along with".
  • YouGotJunoYouGotJuno Posts: 48 Member
    I honestly really want to start using CCs! There's so many good ones and I feel like CCs can really help with creativity as to not get in a rut with the "official" items that are made available, but with that being said I'm afraid it wouldn't look quite right with the whole vibe the sims 4 has.. I have been looking at Maxis Match CCs but I'm trying to wait until City Living comes out, if I still feel like I need it then, I'll probably cave in and download a whole bunch of them :lol:
  • EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    I stayed away from CC for the longest time, downloading only a few clothes that were mostly recolors. A few weeks ago, however, I got so sick of the Maxis hair (I think it looks like plastic, but stayed with it) and downloaded a few hairs. This has turned into tons of hairs, clothing, makeup, skin tones, etc. I only use CC eyes if my sim has special reason for them, for example, my sim is a witch with purple, firey eyes.
    I love using CC, as I feel I have far more freedom, and can actually express my style. I also love the CC hairs, because they actually look like hair.
    I don't really have an issue with other sims, as homeless sims are loaded in CC, and I change a bunch of other sims around anyway, because the tiny waists and insane fashion style scare me a little, haha.
  • YouGotJunoYouGotJuno Posts: 48 Member
    @EmeraldEclipse1
    A few weeks ago, however, I got so sick of the Maxis hair (I think it looks like plastic, but stayed with it) and downloaded a few hairs. This has turned into tons of hairs, clothing, makeup, skin tones, etc.

I honestly think I'd be just like you! Even though I said I haven't downloaded any doesn't mean I haven't reblogged and liked a TON of CCs on tumblr :D I am super close to caving in to be honest.........
  • cracklenesscrackleness Posts: 72 Member
    I love looking at what others have created or other sims with cc, but I don't use any. Idk why. But if I was gonna use any it would be eyes because TS4 eyes are more cartoon than realistic. I think its prettier to see "actual" eyelashes than just a thick black cartoon line.

1A6SAWv_zps5a7ea4d6.gif

• ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I dont use CC in TS4 as I'm very happy with the way it looks :). I have been tempted for a few recolours though, especially for beds as they're extremely limited. I might one day.

In TS3 and especially TS2 I had CC. I wasn't crazy with it though, it was only for looks and sometimes for a little more variety but by the time I got a good few of the EPs I felt I didn't really needed it in the end. As long as I had my custom hair and more patterns.

Easily pleased haha.
  • Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    I use lots of cc. I will go through periods where I revert back to no cc, but I find it boring compared to the cool things many folks create. Just my 2 cents. Used it in TS3 too.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• KitkatfrenzyKitkatfrenzy Posts: 2 New Member
    While I love the idea of CC I can't seem to find any that doesn't make my sim look odd. I don't want them to stand out like the main character of an anime.
  • GozeppelinGozeppelin Posts: 96 Member
    CC isn't really for me. Most of the time, the assets don't really mesh well with the rest of the game's art direction-- for me at least.
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I don't use mods or cc.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I use mostly maxis match. I don't like the way alpha cc looks ingame.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif