Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Promotion never happens

My sim goes to work, is a level 5 in culinary and has been for at least 3 sims weeks. He is level 10: cook, gourmet cooking. Level 7 mixology. Level 3 baking. He gets to the top of the performance, goes to work inspired, and has daily task complete every day. He gets the question about short in money, comes home happy, and his performance bar drops to the light green in the middle and he has to build it up again, but the same happens each time. It's like he gets promoted but he doesn't. I have had to start new games with him and in each game this has happened.
7FXGVZ1.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    You can try the cheat code perhaps ?

testingcheats on
    careers.promote Culinary
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Maybe @crinrict or @rosemow can help this sounds like a bug. Did you try repairing your game or resetting your sims folder?
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Maybe @crinrict or @rosemow can help this sounds like a bug. Did you try repairing your game or resetting your sims folder?

In my other 2 games I did, and thats why I had to start this game, my saves were lost.
    Neia wrote: »
    You can try the cheat code perhaps ?

testingcheats on
    careers.promote Culinary

Thanx for this, I couldn't remember this cheat and if he doesn't get promoted this time I guess I will have to resort to it.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    You many need to have your sim quit his work. Then have him join the career again, and see if that helps. You can use the promote cheat to get him back to the career level that he previously was at.
  • Options
    AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    This has happened to me numerous times, strictly with the non get to work careers and usually after level 5. They'll get all the way to the dark green and even have the check mark, but the moment they load back at home, it's reset. After a few days of it, I just cheat and promote them. I've repaired the game and reset the folder, but I haven't played without mods though. It's a pain, but the cheat fixes it and usually I only have to use it once and they promote up just fine on the next one.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    My Sim has the Mixologist aspiration. He got up to level 5 in Culinary, but never got a choice as to which career he wished to pursue. I'd have him quit and start again, but for two things. 1) He's a line chef and 2) more importantly, he's an Elder! No time, really. I'm just frustrated because once again, he won't fulfill this. I rarely managed to get these aspirations completed no matter how hard I try.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    this actually happens to be as well. i usually end up cheating if i see that they arent promoting. usually for me, i see them all the way at the end, and there is the checkmark indicating that they are gunna get promoted but then when work is done, they dont and the bar gets reset in the middle.