Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    I also had a bug with restaurants (using my old version of mc). I altered one of my sims in cas while they were waiting for their food, and when I came back, she was washing her hands in the bathroom and everyone in the restaurant had disappeared. She was only wearing the cc hairstyle I gave her and not the outfit. I didn't save and went back in and tried altering her friends outfit (also dining out with her), and there was no problem, though her friend wasn't wearing the outfit I picked out for her. I'm wondering if it's an mc thing, or if a piece of cc is wonky. I'll give you more details in the pm later.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm hoping to do a small update on my FAQ page this weekend, and one of the things I was planning to write about was changing game time (one of the things I've been hopping on quickly to experiment with). I read DP's post. It sounds like he's fixed all of EA's carreers so that the work hours are lined up, but I'm confused about what he said about absolute time. I have an older version of MC (I think it's 2.14, and I only have a few files). I thought that in order to give you more time in a day (ex. so eating at a restaurant doesn't take 3-6 hours ect.), you had to set it to absolute and increase game time speed (I was trying it at 75). Now it sounds like he's gotten rid of absolute speed, so does that mean it's unnecessary for changing game time speed and that you only need to alter the numerical value?

If I understand you right, yes, it's one setting now, not two. I'd recommend installing 2.16 so you can check it out. Mine's on 35 and I like it a lot. :)

About your other post, I'd check your cc/other mods. Somebody asked about restaurants at MC, Deaderpool doesn't seem to think MC has anything to do with whatever's been hosed there. Tonight I'm going to browse here and see what I can find out about new issues. I just don't have time right now.

I believe Neia's More Clubs Per Sim may have broken again. But I think it's been fixed already, too. Something Heidi posted. ;)

Edit: updating to 2.16 *might* fix your issues, too. It was done after the last patch... you're probably NOT getting the best out of it if your version doesn't match the game version.
    /edit
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Is 2.16 set up for the Day of the Dead challenge? I am experienceing some really odd happpenings that I can only deduce coming from MC. Wrote some about it on the mod-page.
    AMB.jpg
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Is 2.16 set up for the Day of the Dead challenge? I am experienceing some really odd happpenings that I can only deduce coming from MC. Wrote some about it on the mod-page.

I have 2.16.0 and the challenge seems to be working fine for me so far :)
  • VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member
    Venay wrote: »
    So, I've had the MCCommandCenter mod for a bit, and I haven't really been bothered too much by the sims moving out, because usually it was just young adults who had just turned young adults in their families moving out on their own, but now...
    I created a couple, husband and wife, for my town and then returned to my active family, and a few sim days later I got a notification that said the wife had moved out into "Streamlet Single"!? And then I got a bunch of other notifications that said a bunch of other sims moved out from the townie families I created. And it happened again a few minutes ago.

Any way to stop this from happening?

Can you post your population settings for me? Sounds like you have some things turned on you may not want. Also, I'm a little surprised at a married couple splitting up for an alarm??? Did I read that right?

If you want to zip and upload your WHOLE mc_settings.cfg file to DROPBOX for me, I'll check it out, see if I can spot things you might want to tweak. (Mediafire DOES NOT LIKE config files, that's why dropbox.)

If you set Open Houses to a high number (Like 50... there are over 80 lots available IF you count them all, like in a totally bulldozed world, except for the 3 special WB lots, there's 88 total), that will stop the alarm from moving sims in during that (Saturday AM) alarm.

"Population_AllowNoClowns": false,
    "Population_BarNights": "GU,BE,AL,GH,KN,LA,SI",
    "Population_BypassCulling": false,
    "Population_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Population_MaxSimsInZone": 20,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 0,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    "Population_NumAdjustLot": "WBY,GYM,LIB,LOU,MUS,BAR,CAF,CHA,CLU,DAN,PAR,SPA,POL,RES",
    "Population_OpenHouses": 10,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 33,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 33,
    "Population_PercentChild": 33,
    "Population_PercentElder": 33,
    "Population_PercentMale": 50,
    "Population_RandomizeVisitingSims": false,
    "Population_ReaperStopStalking": false,
    "Population_RunDresser": false,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,

These are my Population settings :)
    Awake (barely) and browsing, I went back to page 102 to try to catch up some. (Browsed 100-101 this morning before I laid down.)

@Catrixiah how are things going now?

@bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 check out this post, I put MC's decay info from v2.16 up in another thread...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15257889/#Comment_15257889

Here's something... version differences...

Changes from version 2.14.0 to 2.15.0 (Sims Version at time of release was PC Version 1.22.22.1020 / Mac Version 1.22.22.1220)

Changes from version 2.15.0 to 2.16.0 (Sims Version at time of release was PC Version 1.23.24.1010 / Mac Version 1.23.24.1210)

If you don't have 2.16 installed now, there's a very good chance your game will do weird things. The game scripts changed Sept 27. MC updated after that, Oct 2. So it really doesn't surprise me that if someone hasn't updated (extra part, too!!!), they're now seeing issues.

@wickedangell666 I just ran into this post again... (and @Ulfric_Grimbrand too...)
    Is there anything MC command can do about pre-made sims having NPC jobs such as waiter, masseuse, and stuff like that? I've been having this issue for so long and I think those sims shouldn't be able to perform this type of action since it becomes unavailable the moment I play the certain sim. Thank you ;)

This is between your preferences and MC's career settings. If you have

"Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": true,

None of your played sims jobs will be affected by the job giving process. If it's false, any household is fair game. The thing is you need to at least load the houses you don't want affected, and then leave them marked played.

I don't always do that... I've seen Vivian Lewis become a level 10 astronaut before, too. :smiley:

In case somebody doesn't know (it's come up before), to mark a played house as unplayed, in Manage Households click the family, and in the Options picture, click the plumbob on the bottom left. That marks them unplayed, grays out their map icon, and moves them to the appropriate unplayed window.

This is me finishing up page 103. If you're waiting for something from between pages 100-103, I've missed it, and would LOVE a reminder. Trying to get back on top here, but it's not going to be a one-hour (or even one night, this week!) process, I'm afraid.

@Venay I don't see anything weird there. If you'd zip and upload your whole config file to dropbox for me, that'd help. Do you have MC 2.16? Any other mods in? Could be something conflicting, maybe. Married couples don't move out on each other.

Do you have the extra part of MC, too? From the other site?

Save a copy of that file to your desktop for me, delete your localthumbcache file in /Sims4, and try repairing your game. It certainly won't hurt anything, and it may help, although I'm not really sure. If it doesn't, send me a copy of that file and your settings. I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

If it does help, something was snagged in the cache, and the repair took care of it. That happens to me a lot.

I need to start pulling it together for work. But there's no school the rest of the week, so hubby can drive my car to work, the beauty of us having different shifts. His car is now in the shop, but they haven't looked at it yet. Like I said on my page, Yes, bench me at home, PLEASE! I love that. Don't have to do anything but come home after work in the morning. Cool thing. ;)

More when I can. I'm frustrated with this "running out of time" thing. Happening way too much this week already, and I'm only halfway in. Argh!

• DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    chicann wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just a quick question... actually more of a curious question....

What's the ideal fit/fat settings for male/female Sims to make them look healthy and fit?

I personally use -50, 40 for my female fitness levels since I have a bit of an issue with painfully skinny sims (hence the -50), and 40 gives the womens' abs a toned but not bulky look to them.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    @Denimjo the sim in your av is *pretty*!! (Been meaning to mention that.)

@Venay I asked DP to look at your post from the other day... his response is here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5097360#post5097360 (my question is quoted, too.)

Short version, it isn't from MC. Mod conflict or EA bug, maybe.

There's a shower on my list, but I'm waiting because hubby had one not long ago. More hot water=win. So I'll give it a little while.

I brought "irritation" home from work, too, so I'm trying to blow that off. Found something about 15 minutes before I left that REALLY annoyed me. Whoever did it shouldn't have, and *especially* not without telling us (3rd shift).

It's just taking me a minute to change gears. I'll be around for a little while, this morning.
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Hi everyone, does anyone know how many ancestral homes a person can have per town? I have four different families so I'm hoping that each family can have their own ancestral home.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, does anyone know how many ancestral homes a person can have per town? I have four different families so I'm hoping that each family can have their own ancestral home.
    As far as I know, you could have an ancestral home on every lot if you'd like.

You could, but they wouldn't hook up with each other during alarms, if they're all Ancestral. I don't have anybody moving out without me doing it, no elders moving to retirement homes, and no single A/YA sims moving out during alarms who live with parents or whatever, either.

It might interest you to know that right now I have NO Ancestral Homes marked. They're really only needed if you want to tie a sim to a Lot. Since most of my sims who are mapped are married and have teen or younger kids, I really don't have any houses I NEED to mark AH to keep sims living there.

Mini wall of text, here's what's on the description page (under the Population spoiler button) about Ancestral Households:
    Ancestral Home Details

Unlike Sims 3 where home lots could be marked as "Ancestral", in the Sims 4 there isn't a way to "flag" a home lot. So, instead, I am flagging the household that lives in the lot and the household retains the ancestral nature rather than the home itself. Here's some of the effects Ancestral Households have with the other modules.
    When Sims get married, then will stay on their ancestral lot if there is not someone else there young enough to carry-on the family name. The new spouse will move in to the ancestral lot and they'll raise their family there. The new spouse will be renamed to match the ancestral name.
    Random pregnancies and marriages don't work between two Ancestral Households. Those rich folk don't like to intermarry, it seems!
    If the setting is enabled so single Sims move-out when they get old enough, if they live in an ancestral lot, they will only move-out if someone is there that can carry-on for the family.
    If syncing married names is enabled, when syncing names on an Ancestral lot, all names are kept with the ancestral name.
    If you try to flag a Sim in an Ancestral household as homeless, you will not be able to do so.
    If you move the household that is flagged as ancestral to a new household lot, then that new house becomes their ancestral home. If you make them homeless, by evicting them from the neighborhood screen, then MC Cleaner will remove the ancestral flag when it runs cleanup on households next.

Basically, what I was trying to do here was allow you to take a family, like the "Goths", flag their household as ancestral and there would be Goths as long as possible in the game. The only way there wouldn't be any in the future is, if at some point, they manage to not get married/pregnant and everyone dies out. From my personal experience, there's usually two siblings and their families living in the ancestral houses so I think that will be a lot less likely.

I'm out for that shower, I'll be back in a bit. Hair has to dry before I lay down, so, you'll be seeing more posts from a cleaner me, shortly. ;)
    Back, changed a couple of settings for something I'm going to verify when the right alarm runs, added some stuff to Newcrest for the same reason, and windowed out to find new errors in my mc log.

[10/06/16 09:31:15]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File ".\mc_injections.py", line 395, in inject_venue_loading_screen_finished
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'cheats_enabled'

3 copies, one for each lot I just placed, a museum and 2 residences. I reported it to MC, I'll let you know what I find out.

I know I said I'd post more, but I'd *really* like to play for a little while, since I can, for once this week. I will be back before I go to bed, though. I just really want to feed the addiction a little, you know? ;)

(They're laying carpet next door. I'm not thinking great sleep is in my future.) >.<

I'll be back.
    I'm seeing that error every time I load a lot into build buy from the neighborhood screen. I don't see that error when I load a lot to play it live.

I'm intrigued.

MC is not supposed to be *there*.
    Oh, hey @Bloudwed you mentioned Jasmine... I noticed they've done more work on her than just change her jacket color. This version doesn't have any of the gender traits listed, the last one did. I was a little surprised to see that (with Show Sim Info). Just wanted to mention it. She's a "Special" NPC, moreso now, I guess.

(Yeah, I don't love Jasmine... :p )

I didn't really "play" much, but I did dig a little deeper into that bug. Different kind of fun, I enjoyed poking at it with a stick for a minute. LOL!

• DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    @Denimjo the sim in your av is *pretty*!! (Been meaning to mention that.)

Thank you so much! She's my favorite sim. :blush:

Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    So there's not much catching up going on here, tonight. But I did want to ask, @cshaner how are things going?

I'm chilling, dreading going to work. In a way. It has both good/bad potential, tonight. Ugh. I've seen better moods. Woke up kinda irritated at life in general. Blah. Having carpet being stapled down next door when you're trying to go to sleep would do that to anybody, I'd think.

I haven't played enough to see anybody connected to the challenge besides Jasmine. Glad it lasts longer than a week, maybe THIS one, I'll get to check out when I'm off, if not sooner. Four more nights. Halfway done, downhill from here. (Trying to find a positive.)

• cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @egwarhammer Oh wow!! Thanks so much for checking in with me! I'm updated to the latest version and @Pegasus143 confirmed that I was installing the newer files correctly etc.

Everything seems to be great. I must say I recently discovered MC-Dresser and randomly switch everyday outfits without having to queue up the actions. Very helpful when I'm staging screenshots and don't want to unpause my game.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Hi there @egwarhammer, thanks for the info. My laptop is going in for upgrade next week Wednesday so I'll be without my Sims until that weekend :/
    On a strange happening note; one of my Sims had the longest labour in history when the game didn't generate a doctor at hospital to deliver her baby. She stood at the check-in desk for nearly 9 game hours poor thing :o It all finally ended well with a new baby boy in the family.
  • chicannchicann Posts: 11 New Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    chicann wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just a quick question... actually more of a curious question....

What's the ideal fit/fat settings for male/female Sims to make them look healthy and fit?

I personally use -50, 40 for my female fitness levels since I have a bit of an issue with painfully skinny sims (hence the -50), and 40 gives the womens' abs a toned but not bulky look to them.

Thanks! I'll tend to use -50,50 for my female sims and -50,70 for my male sims.
    Who's been to a restaurant in game lately? Since MC 2.16? I've seen reports of restaurants not working right (no employees show up?), possibly linked to MC's Population module, somehow.

I haven't had time to try it, but I might give it a shot this morning, after hubby goes to work.

Shot in the dark, question for our CC users... there's a picture in this post of a (Female) top someone is looking for, and Bananas_45 hasn't found it yet. If you've seen it, or have it, or know who made it, please let me know? Thanks! :)

Hi there @egwarhammer, thanks for the info. My laptop is going in for upgrade next week Wednesday so I'll be without my Sims until that weekend :/
    On a strange happening note; one of my Sims had the longest labour in history when the game didn't generate a doctor at hospital to deliver her baby. She stood at the check-in desk for nearly 9 game hours poor thing :o It all finally ended well with a new baby boy in the family.

That IS strange, 9 hours. Do you have any mc log errors, or lastexception files in /Sims4?

Glad it came together for you. Sounds intense.

I didn't handle it well when my laptop was in the shop 4 days, getting a new fan (weekend, and shipping time for the part). I borrowed my kid's tablet, but OMG that was NOT a fun experience for me. I MUCH prefer using both hands to type, rather than a stylus and doing one letter at a time. Jeez. I was happy to still have net access, sure... but it was not the best 4 days I've ever had.

Carpet layers are back, next door... already banging away at it, too. Yay. >.< I will probably take a benadryl before I lay down... it won't matter what noise they make, then, for about 7 hours. :p
    Who's been to a restaurant in game lately? Since MC 2.16? I've seen reports of restaurants not working right (no employees show up?), possibly linked to MC's Population module, somehow.

I haven't had time to try it, but I might give it a shot this morning, after hubby goes to work.

Shot in the dark, question for our CC users... there's a picture in this post of a (Female) top someone is looking for, and Bananas_45 hasn't found it yet. If you've seen it, or have it, or know who made it, please let me know? Thanks! :)

Restaurants are working fine for me since the last patch/mod update, and I do have the population module installed. (You watch, now I've said that, the next time I go to a restaurant it'll be empty... :D )
    If you have your sims per lot on the default 20 you may not see this happen. Mine is on 25, just so I *would* see "things," mostly. I tested this just now, also had no employees.

Changed the Adjust Sims on Lot to remove Restaurants, restarted the game, and everybody working there showed up like they should have. At least it's an easy enough workaround. :)
    Chatty off-topic post. The mgr in charge of scheduling was there when I went in last night. She figured out a way to give me those 2nd shift Sundays a month off (barring circumstances... I did tell her I would work 5-10pm if needed, sometimes)... she's using some of my PTO hours for those days... I won't lose my benefits. :)

I've stockpiled over 200 hours of PTO, in my 7 years there (accidentally, I just don't take a lot of time off, usually). It won't take 50 hours to put me off for all those shifts, for the rest of the year (2 a month, I have). I am TICKLED with her solution! :) (Local cop was impressed a while back when I told him I had 140 hours saved... LOL!!)

There was a little bit of a full moon vibe through parts of last night. It isn't time for the full moon. Just enough little weird things happened to feel that way.

Tired, so is Jeffery... we made it through. Three to go! Weekends are more fun than they aren't, though. I do enjoy them. And Monday morning is coming! :smiley: (Starts another LONG week off, with not having to work again till 10pm the NEXT Monday night. I love it!)
  • YekeSimsYekeSims Posts: 16 New Member
    Does anyone know how the child support setting on MC command works? How does my Sim receive the money from her daughter's dad?
    Chatty off-topic post. The mgr in charge of scheduling was there when I went in last night. She figured out a way to give me those 2nd shift Sundays a month off (barring circumstances... I did tell her I would work 5-10pm if needed, sometimes)... she's using some of my PTO hours for those days... I won't lose my benefits. :)

I've stockpiled over 200 hours of PTO, in my 7 years there (accidentally, I just don't take a lot of time off, usually). It won't take 50 hours to put me off for all those shifts, for the rest of the year (2 a month, I have). I am TICKLED with her solution! :) (Local cop was impressed a while back when I told him I had 140 hours saved... LOL!!)

There was a little bit of a full moon vibe through parts of last night. It isn't time for the full moon. Just enough little weird things happened to feel that way.

Tired, so is Jeffery... we made it through. Three to go! Weekends are more fun than they aren't, though. I do enjoy them. And Monday morning is coming! :smiley: (Starts another LONG week off, with not having to work again till 10pm the NEXT Monday night. I love it!)

What does PTO mean? (I have an excuse for not knowing - I'm a Brit :D ) Is it like overtime? Or maybe the UK equivalent of flexitime?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top