Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does that happen to you too?

You play sims 3 and cant stop .

Me: I play only one hour just ONE

2 hours later

Me: I will stop playing after some hours

Still plays

Its so addicting

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited October 2016
    I once played TS3 for hours on end and fell asleep and when I woke up in my chair I was lucky that my head had hit the pause button on my keyboard. I pressed play and carry on as I had done the night before...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I've done that with every Sims game at one point. I think the worst was with TS2 tho, I often played that for HOURS at one time.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah right up until the game crashes.

Last time I did that it was 6pm and I didn't stop playing until 1am. In my head I'm telling myself "Boy you have a 8am class GO TO SLEEP!"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Opps i actually wanted to post the thread in the sims 3 forum. My bad.
  • Aleah221Aleah221 Posts: 29 New Member
    Sims is love...Sims is life...
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    You play sims 3 and cant stop .

Me: I play only one hour just ONE

2 hours later

Me: I will stop playing after some hours

Still plays

Its so addicting

Yaaasss. Ts3 is a dreamy lover. Maybe we'll get a nice upgrade to him in the future if we're not living in a dystopic Fallout world.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I've done that a lot for both TS2 and TS3. Sometimes I've started playing early evening, lost track of time and played until the sun came up. I've never done that with TS4, though.
  • theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

Yes, Sim game play is addicting. I bought Sims 2 six months after its release, I had been up since about 6 am, got the kid ready for school, went to work, etc. After work, bought the game at Walmart, while doing the install I helped with dinner, kid with homework, dishes, etc. About 8 pm I was able to start playing,,, when my head smacked the keyboard (at 2 am) I thought OK it's time to go to bed. I had a blast.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Well, I played Sims 3 for hours. Because of loading all around it couldn't be done in less than two hours, but I ended up in trouble shooting all the time, so yes, I played for pretty long time at a time. With The Sims 4 everything is much smoother. I accomplish things much faster without trouble shooting, so I can set my playing time to ex. 1 hour, save and go out and I still have accomplished a lot. I am happy being able to have a whole night's sleep, even after playing The Sims 4 and no trouble shooting at all. :)
    Well, I played Sims 3 for hours. Because of loading all around it couldn't be done in less than two hours, but I ended up in trouble shooting all the time, so yes, I played for pretty long time at a time. With The Sims 4 everything is much smoother. I accomplish things much faster without trouble shooting, so I can set my playing time to ex. 1 hour, save and go out and I still have accomplished a lot. I am happy being able to have a whole night's sleep, even after playing The Sims 4 and no trouble shooting at all. :)
  • AzureMoiraAzureMoira Posts: 11 New Member
    that's quite literally what happens to me every time. and what's worse is when you get those achievement notifications that are like "you've played for a billion hours!". like... i get it, origin. i know what i've done with my day. i know i should go outside.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I just played Sims3 — all day long — one day last week. I was feeling a tad frustrated and wanted to rekindle my singer Sim. I found a copy of his family (parents, three brothers and one sister) saved (with skills intact, no less). I put them in their house — the Wright Way house, from Sims2 that a simmer recreated for Sims3. Do wish I could remember the builder's name. But at any rate, since I have all kinds of mods, I had made sure his older brother was a couple of days older and his next younger brother two days younger, his only sister, four days younger. Baby brother was still a toddler. Since the eldest four were in HS, it wasn't so long before they became YAs. Yay. I was so wanting to get Erik off and running, I kept playing and playing and playing. That's a sign of enjoyment. I don't quite reach that level with Sims4, but it's getting better. I look forward to the new EP and see what it opens up. I like the notion of a possible street entertainer and do wonder what that entails.

I did go back and play Sims4. My Legacy Challenge game is getting closer to the tenth generation, and since that one only needs the birth of the heir, it's nice to know my Gen. 8 heir was just born. I'm about one generation's worth of play to the finish line!

Yes, I'm in a great mood today. Check out my siggie for a third place to download (for free) my life's labor. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Yeah, I do :) Im the same with Sims 4 too. Although since this is about Sims 3, I think this thread should be on the Sims 3 section of the forums :)
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Literally what happened to me today, with TS4 :)
    Every sim game can be dangerously addicting if we love it.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I was like this basically with every sims game except 4.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    played for 3 days straight with only sleep in between. Now in bed for the 4th day cause it made me sick and gave me a horrible headache with it. dont recommend it.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I only play Sims 4 now but I can still relate to the hours on end of playtime. Fun isn't it?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I was like this basically with every sims game except 4.

Me, too, only I started with Sims2. 3, I have a love/hate relationship with, but still played daily. 4 I really like for so many different things in the game, but mostly for how lively the Sims are again. But, still I just don't play every day. Until I played Sims3 again this past week, I'd begun to think I've finally gotten over the addiction. LOL Not so, apparently.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I always play the game for at least 4+ hours. S3 is my favorite.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    When I am working on a video it is a constant and do not stop till it is finished the other day was like 15 hours,LOL :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Am I the only one who never plays more than an hour? Don't get me wrong, I love the game but it just can't hold my interest that long.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I usually cap out at about an hour of gameplay. There are times when I go for hours, and times when I open the game, look at it, and decide to do something else, but on average it's about an hour.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I can play for hours at a time, I had that with S2 as with S3 now. Never with S4 though, while I like the graphics in S4 I can just never warm up to the mad grinning sims.