Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    I love your halloween home, Its full of quirky charm. The roofing looks quite complex. I like how you took the inspiration image and made it your own too :smile:
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @masajo, I don't think that I could hope for a nicer compliment than that, Masajo! Thank you very kindly for the wonderful comments :blush:<3

@Cassee, your comments always make me laugh, chuckle or at least smile :blush: Thank you for your lovely words, Cassee :blush:<3

@illusie, So nice to see you! Thank you for the awesome comments :smile:<3

@SpecterCody, Thank you so much, Cody! I Love spooky builds :blush: It's so much fun to try to make them as creepy and scary, as possible, lol :p
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: Double post
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: Sigh.....
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: .........
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: Double post..... something was up with the site this morning, when I tried to post earlier....
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Spookylicious :) This is how the Goth family SHOULD live, lol. Fantastic work :) I really like it!
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Something Wicked... is a spooktastically gorgeous manor! :smiley:
    I really love the architecture, it really reflects from the inspiration very well! Really love the design and how you experiment with the roofing too! Love the dormers out front. The cobwebs and the spiders really adds a wonderful spooky touch. Your landscaping is so marvelous! Love that you reflect from the inspiration too! Love the decors on fence posts. Super pretty gardens too! Love the swamp at the back. And your interior, so gorgeous! Perfect color scheme you chose! Love each of the rooms you did, wonderfully furnished and decorated! Love the canopy bed you did! The basement area looks very creative as well!
    I really love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Hey @Manssom! Nice to see you! Thank you for the sweet comment :blush:<3

Thank you so very much @RyeCris16! So very lovely of you to make such thorough comments, Rye :smile:<3 I really appreciate the time you take to have such a good look at everything! <3<3
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I love all of your creations, but "Something Wicked" is my favorite. How in the world did you make the raised fresh grave? It looks so real.
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    I love the look of the houses
    Thank you so much @sooozeeebeee! Very sweet of you :blush: The graves are just plant dirt piles found in debug and then sized up. Then I kind of mooed them together to make the mound. :wink:

Thank you stopping by for a look and for the lovely comment @WorkFromHome! :blush:
    edited October 2016
    Witchgrass 3br, 2ba.
    Lot Size: 20x15
    Cost: $196,460
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home is for an evil witch who tries to lure small children in so that she can EAT them! Mwahahaha... The main floor is open concept with the living room, dining area, kitchen and desk nook. There's also a full bath on this floor, not shown. The lower floor has a small den with bar and another desk nook. All three bedrooms are located here. There's one for the witch, herself and then two tiny cells...erm....that is...bedrooms, for the children. One for a tasty boy and the other for a yummy girl. Mwahahaha.... There is also another full bath on this floor, not shown. The upper floor is the witch's work space. She has a desk nook, reading area (for spell researching), a crystal ball, an art easel and a bubbling cauldron complete with skeleton (latest victim...) and some ghoulish ghosts. Go on and take a look...IF...You Dare...Mwahhaha....

Exterior views:

10-04-16_10-19-48nbspAM_zpsy0olo5en.png

10-04-16_10-20-29nbspAM_zpsbwymvjdu.png

10-04-16_10-20-47nbspAM_zpsd1mwgeqt.png

10-04-16_10-22-07nbspAM_zpstc5eykuo.png

10-04-16_10-22-34nbspAM_zpswuettlrm.png

Roof view and floor plans starting with the top floor:

10-04-16_10-26-39nbspAM-2_zpspmitoink.png

10-04-16_10-26-53nbspAM_zpsc0muec51.png

10-04-16_10-27-12nbspAM_zpsyciqeeht.png

10-04-16_10-27-25nbspAM_zpsgt3lxi1r.png

A tour of the grounds starting on the right side of the house:

10-04-16_10-23-52nbspAM_zpsoxvpvx9m.png

10-04-16_10-24-15nbspAM_zpsmjuegikr.png

10-04-16_10-24-32nbspAM_zpsodnwtdtl.png

10-04-16_10-24-45nbspAM_zpsoqj0vtst.png

10-04-16_10-25-29nbspAM_zpswaoxyfhr.png

10-04-16_10-26-01nbspAM_zpsgcdkvhyu.png

Stepping inside, the living room, dining area, desk nook and kitchen are all open:

10-04-16_10-28-50nbspAM_zpsctxcghbj.png

10-04-16_10-29-22nbspAM_zps1xhxrp77.png

10-04-16_10-29-43nbspAM_zps187kyqgp.png

10-04-16_10-30-05nbspAM_zps8exi8l3g.png

Heading downstairs, there's a small den with a bar and desk nook:

10-04-16_10-30-40nbspAM_zpsxgqx1ydz.png

10-04-16_10-31-03nbspAM_zpspqz58ntz.png

10-04-16_10-39-20nbspAM_zpsn1xjwrt0.png

The three bedrooms are also down here:

10-04-16_10-38-30nbspAM_zpsjlcoixnt.png

10-04-16_10-38-43nbspAM_zps0jt3yd1q.png

10-04-16_10-41-07nbspAM_zpswnk4c7rh.png

10-04-16_10-42-18nbspAM_zps83bqvetn.png

10-04-16_10-39-45nbspAM_zps1xgundkw.png

10-04-16_10-40-43nbspAM_zps6pett4zy.png

The top floor is where the witch conducts her research and practices her evil magic:

10-10-16_2-56-42nbspPM_zpsmoakbjpc.png

10-10-16_2-57-23nbspPM_zpsisz7ekb5.png

10-10-16_2-57-04nbspPM_zpsbnfcf8lj.png

10-10-16_2-55-58nbspPM_zpsobpzszci.png

And that's that. Did everyone make it through okay? Well thank you for stopping by and Pleasant Dreams Mwahahaha.....

10-04-16_10-52-50nbspAM_zpsidf2iixf.png

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Fantastic job! Very creepy! :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Witch Grass is a very great home for Halloween ! :) It sounds and looks so very scary and spooky! I don't think my sims will venture into the home! You are very creative in your descriptive background details! Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks so very, very nice! The greenery looks so very nice on the exterior walls! The tower chimneys look great in the build! The plants and trees look great in the outdoors areas! The pond area looks great! The water fountain is a nice touch there, and the skeleton looked scary in the water! Sims will enjoy fishing there. The type and placement of the fencing looks great! The gnomes look great either side of the seat in the outdoors sitting area. Nice play and gardening nook alcove . Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars and sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Very nice spooky themed furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen area looks great. The type of stove used suits well the build type. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the gramophone whilst dining at the table. The Olive oil bottles, pans and teapot shelf are great home touches on the wall. Very nice study desk nook! Sims will enjoy using the computer whilst sitting at the desk table. Very nice fireplace nook! The candles on the table between the armchairs are nice for,sims to see when sitting there. The windows look very nice how they have been placed on the kitchen and living room walls! The skeleton heads look scary on the fireplace ledge! Nice sitting room for sims to enjoy resting in front of the fire, reading a book and having a drink from the bar. The pumpkins lights look great there! The skulls on the ledge and the skeleton are scary touches! The portraits look great on the walls. Very nice master bedroom! The black and red colour scheme of the room and the wall texture gives a great look and feel to the room! The sliders and web in the corner area looks great! Nice corner reading nook in the room. Sims will enjoy reading a book there. The kids rooms are spookily great! The skeleton teddy is cute! Sims will have fun playing with the dollhouse. The white butterflies are a nice touch on the side wall. Very nice activity table and science nook in the other kids bedroom! The spider webs pattern looks great on the walls! Sims will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table or doing experiments on the science table. The skull banner looks great there. The top floor magic areas looks great! The cauldron looks great there! The spider webs and spiders add a great look and feel to the room! The witch will enjoy painting on the easel in the art corner. The Grim reaper gnome is a great touch in the room! It is great that there is a study desk nook for her to research spells on the computer.
    The home is very spooky and scary for Halloween ! :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited October 2016
    Cath sweetie you sure have a flair for those spooky little homes. I love them. Awesome creation.

Edit
    P.S. This has to be my favorite picture.
    10-04-16_10-24-15nbspAM_zpsmjuegikr.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Amazing witchy house, you've really captured everything spooktacular here :) Awesome work with the roofing and landscape design, love the skeletons feature :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited October 2016
    Witchgrass is another spooktastically gorgeous cottage! :smiley:
    I really love your architecture, so creative! I love that overgrown feel, the window arrangements are so wonderfully done too! Very fantastic roofing work as well, I also liked that some a-frame feel. Your landscaping is so very pretty! Really love the fountain out front with some steamy effect! The backyard is just as adorable too! And your interior, really awesome! Super creative furnished ad designed, as always! I really love the way you placed a kettle above a stove, a gnome in a fireplace, and also a customized black bed you did! Too bad a Sim is still getting an uncomfortable moodlet, lol! :D (Never mind, I thought it was a cheap base game bed. I didn't see it carefully. I really apologize. :flushed:) The rest is as amazing too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Seriously Witchgrass is everything!!!! I'm dying (in a good way! :D ) I have a few Halloween builds in the works. I'll probably have them finished up by next week once I'm over my jet lag and have the house all sorted! It's so fun building spooky builds! I wish we had Autumn trees and leaf piles tho lol any ways, (stop rambling Lisa lol) great job as always! And, this is definitely one of my all time favourites! <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    I am so behind Cath with catching up with all the new and wonderful creations here. :/ Something wicked is an amazing build your roof work is amazing as with all your builds it is beautifully detailed and with a sense of fun. :)
    Witchgrasss another charming Halloween build, I agree with Bree that has to be my favorite picture too, but I have to say fishing has the same effect on me. :D Hugs dear friend
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    HaHaHaHa, Ms Cath....you crack me up!!! LOVE the gnome in the fireplace :D:D:p A wonderful creepy home....LOVE it♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    Wow!! The roofing on your "Something Wicked" build is crazy good, I also love the interior design :)
    @StSciurus, Thank you for the sweet comment :blush:

@rosemow, Thank you for the lovely review, Rose! :)<3

@BreeMiles, Lol, Bree! :p It kind of looks like the two skellies are having a soak in a hot tub :D Thank you for the awesome comment. :smiley:

@masajo, Thank you for the very kind comment. :blush:

@RyeCris16, Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, Rye! I'm happy to know that the bed doesn't give the uncomfortable moodlet :smile: I hadn't paid attention to that part, when I was decorating. I Love those bollards! Most versatile piece evah! I've been using them for all kinds of stuff :p

@lisa17ann, Welcome back from your vacation, Lisa! I hope you had a wonderful time. :smile: Thank you for the sweet comments :blush: I can't wait to see what you're working on, and I REALLY wish we had some Autumn trees, flowers, etc too...

No worries, @follyfoot :) I am the Queen of being late :neutral: Thank you for your lovely comments :smile: I love that we get to let our sims both fish and swim in pond/pools but I wish we could "hide" the fishing sign a little... I've tried but can't seem to make it work unless it's in plain view. Ah well... One more thing to gripe about :p Thanks for stopping by, Folly :blush: Hugs, <3

@Cassee, Thank you, Cass! I just can't resist putting that little guy with his glowing eyes in the fireplaces of my haunted homes :p

@BreezyBlue022, Thank you so much for your very kind comment! :smile:

Spellbound 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $319,451
    No CC

Gallery Link

Slideshow

Who lives in this enchanted home with the windswept roofs and magical gardens? Witch or Fairy? Rumor has it there's a magical tree that transports you to a mystical place called "Sylvan Glade"... A cozy family home ready for a large family with four bedrooms and three baths. Main floor has open kitchen, dining and living areas. The master bedroom and a full bath are also located here. The upper floor has a girls room, boys room, nursery and another full bath. The basement has an entertainment room, play room, full bath and a hidden magic room. Out doors there are lovely gardens all around and a nice play area for the little ones.

Some views of the exterior:

10-16-16_9-21-56nbspAM_zpshu70x86g.png

10-16-16_9-25-15nbspAM_zpsdanxzoxy.png

10-16-16_9-26-13nbspAM_zpsf4pfibif.png

Roof view and floor plans:

10-16-16_10-10-17nbspAM_zps6zfvgwh3.png

10-16-16_10-10-40nbspAM_zpsnekyckjh.png

10-16-16_10-11-16nbspAM_zpss4nexrua.png

10-16-16_10-11-29nbspAM_zpsns150ui1.png

A tour of the grounds:

10-16-16_9-27-47nbspAM_zpszq4b270j.png

10-16-16_9-28-18nbspAM_zpssifyp8zk.png

10-16-16_9-28-54nbspAM_zps7vwhlwpr.png

10-17-16_11-28-29nbspAM_zpsvkfrgs74.png

10-16-16_9-32-22nbspAM_zpstwkhqeyv.png

10-16-16_9-31-07nbspAM_zpsmplz2sui.png

10-16-16_9-36-42nbspAM_zpsmeu1ptdt.png

Onto the interior. We enter into the main living area:

10-16-16_9-38-17nbspAM_zpsmcri9fbf.png

10-16-16_9-38-58nbspAM_zpszj44fmu1.png

10-16-16_9-39-23nbspAM_zpsf1dlbdjw.png

10-16-16_9-40-39nbspAM_zpsbvm178lj.png

Heading upstairs:

10-16-16_9-42-10nbspAM_zpsutd9sihy.png

10-16-16_9-46-54nbspAM_zpsdg5t66i3.png

10-16-16_9-45-45nbspAM_zpsoowuypev.png

10-16-16_9-43-57nbspAM_zpshx2ndmtm.png

And now to the basement:

10-16-16_9-48-59nbspAM_zpsobzg71ds.png

10-16-16_9-54-40nbspAM_zpstlbawwxy.png

10-16-16_9-49-57nbspAM_zpswc5n2kob.png

10-16-16_9-50-13nbspAM_zpsxtlkoxie.png

10-16-16_9-50-39nbspAM_zpsrsornirx.png

10-16-16_9-50-52nbspAM_zpsrjbcbrfc.png

Thank you for stopping in for a peek. :blush: Goodnight!

10-16-16_10-03-41nbspAM_zpsbkgltjzt.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Spellbound is such a very pretty home! :) The exterior design of the home looks so very , very nice! The roofing looks so very, very great! The planter box windows and the greenery on the exterior walls gives a nice look to the home. Very nice design of the outdoors areas! The type of fencing used and the open gate looks nice. The flowers look so pretty along the fencing and how they are placed in the outdoors areas! The gnomes are cute through the outdoors ! The water fountain on the roofing is a nice touch. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants. It is great that the Sylvan Glade tree is in the build. Very nice kids play nook! They will have fun playing with the dollhouse and other toys , as well as having fun on the monkey bars. The lady birds and dinosaur are cute! The fishing swamp pond corner is great! Sims will enjoy fishing there. Very nice sitting areas for sims to enjoy resting there amidst the pretty floral setting. The water fountain and sculptures are nice touches in the build. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan living, kitchen and dining room looks very nice. Very nice fireplace area! It looks nice how the sofas are placed facing each other with the coffee table inbetween them. Sims will enjoy chatting there near the fire, whilst listening to music through the gramophone reading a book. The candles, books and flowers are nice touches on the table. The design of the dining table looks very great! The chairs look nice placed on each of the sides of the square table, and the flowers are pretty on the table top for sims to see when dining. The teaset is a nice touch on the side wall table. Very nice kitchen nook! The teapots wall cabinets, cookbooks, utensils and cake display item are great kitchen touches there. The blue wall patterning of these areas looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The master bedroom is very nice! Very nice purple and black colour of the walls and the candles look nice on the bedside tables. The furnishing and black /grey colour scheme of the boy's room looks great! Very nice study desk nook in the bedroom ! It looks great ! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk there using the computer. The spider webs, spooky lights , spider and skull banner on the walls look great! The purple pink colour scheme of the girls room looks very nice. The dolls look great on the wall shelf! It is great that there is a night light in the bedroom and nursery . Very nice basement level . The fireplace sitting area is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting in front of the fire reading a book, and listening to music from the gramophone or the piano. The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the fireplaceThey will have fun playing the llama tabletop game, and enjoy having a drink from the bar. . Very nice kids playroom! They will have fun playing on the battle station, playing with the dollhouse, enjoy reading a book , watching tv on the penguin tv or doing experiments on the science table. The dinosaurs are cute in the room! Very nice spell room! It looks very great how you have placed the many items on the wall shelves near the computer! The moooing work is great!
    The home is very nice :)