Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Thank you @Pegasus143. Another question I have is about evicting ghosts; will thier families still remember them and will they still show up in their living relatives genealogy?
    Sorry, I don't have a ton of experience with ghosts- I've never actually sent one to the netherworld before. If you mean evicting them out of houses, there's no reason why their families shouldn't remember them.

I've only ever sent one to netherworld because he was as mean dead as he was alive and he still shows in the family memory. I'll try evicting them from the house directly after a save and see what happens.
  • DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2016
    hotkaki wrote: »
    hotkaki wrote: »
    @hotkaki
    You will need the occult module of the command centre mod if it's working after the latest game patch. @egwarhammer will be able to help you with this.

Yes I have it in my mods folder, i changed the odds preferences to the highest abduction rated but nothing happened :(

@hotkaki
    That's odd, I haven't used that particular module for a while so all I can suggest is waiting for one of the other members that does use it to advise you. Sorry I can't be of more help. Have you tried searching the forum for other threads relating to this?

Yes I read a few in a few threads I found that since one of the latest updates the creators turned down massively the chance to get abducted and I read that many other players say that now it's nearly impossible for their sims to get abducted,like me. A few wrote that they did get abducted once or twice since the update but no pregnancy and even a few had succeeded getting pregnant but these comments were really rare and most people wrote that they just can't get abducted. However those who succeeded didn't wrote that they do something special that I didn't do, they just had more luck. It's really annoying and sad that the creators took away this because it's an amazing content that many people I've since sims 2 and now it's ruined for many of us.
    I've actually been playing on "High Frequency" with MC Occult for a couple of weeks now and have been abducted pretty regularly without even trying to get abducted. I have been in the Astronaut career and Scientist career for some of that time, both of which seem to provide bonuses from the abductions I've been seeing.

There are actually quite a few things that figure into getting abducted. Chances are VERY low that you will get abducted if you are not doing things to attract aliens' attention, from what I've seen. The job you have is important, as mentioned. Socializing with alien Sims provides boosts to the chance to get abducted. Finding alien rocks/plants and I think elements and having them in your inventory seem to increase your chances, and of course "Contact Alien" provides a big boost.

If EA has adjusted the odds down for this, I haven't really noticed it, but I guess it's possible. I don't keep tabs from release to release what they change in the tuning files...
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Is relationship culling not a thing anymore? I went on the computer to bypass relationship culling and it was not an option like it was before...Unless I'm missing something. I went under population, other settings.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @happygurl Relationship culling has been changed slightly- the main setting, where you choose whether you want EA's relationship culling, MC'S relationship culling, or no relationship culling, is now found in the main module. If you choose to use MC's relationship culling, you'll find the settings to configure it in the cleaner module.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @happygurl Relationship culling has been changed slightly- the main setting, where you choose whether you want EA's relationship culling, MC'S relationship culling, or no relationship culling, is now found in the main module. If you choose to use MC's relationship culling, you'll find the settings to configure it in the cleaner module.

Thanks.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    Is relationship culling not a thing anymore? I went on the computer to bypass relationship culling and it was not an option like it was before...Unless I'm missing something. I went under population, other settings.
    Like Pegasus said, it's been moved. The reason being, now you don't have to have MC Population deployed if you only want relationship culling. It's built into the main MC Command Center module. Also, there was already a Relationship Settings in the main module so it made more sense for it to be included in that rather than in "Population".
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Oh, cool, watch me make an ENTRANCE! :smiley:

MC 2.16 came along after I'd gone to work yesterday, and last night, I was too pooped to party, gang. "First of the month" (ish) strikes terror into the hearts of many a retail worker, I'd imagine. For good reason. Rough day.

159 notifications, I think 38 were from here, so I've got about 4 pages HERE to catch up on. As I can, guys... work/sleep jags incoming, but I'll give it my best shot. This may be "it takes a village" time for me... loving seeing other folks answering questions, rock on with that! <3

Anyway, I got some sleep, and hit the ground running with getting MC 2.16 installed, extra links sent out, pictures, etc...

Like this one, here's my 2.16.0 Installed screenshot. (Don't worry about the folder name, /MC works fine too, I'm just a nerd.) ;)

2wejoeh.jpg

• itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited October 2016
    @egwarhammer just for the record, it seems you have an outdated mc_woohoo in that screenshot xD (date is 9/17)
    Just thought I would point it out in case you get any issues. :P

EDIT: no, you didnt, only the package file. :P
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited October 2016
    itsug wrote: »
    @egwarhammer just for the record, it seems you have an outdated mc_woohoo in that screenshot xD (date is 9/17)
    Just thought I would point it out in case you get any issues. :P

No, it's OK. The engine (package) hasn't to be changend necessarily, if there are only some slight changes in the tuning components (ts4script).

Mine is also from 9/17 and I downloaded and updated the files today.

The 2.15.1 ist the same date and if @Deaderpool hasn't mixed up the content of the zip-files accidentally, this should be on purpose (also due to change history "...originally fixed in the 2.15.1 HF...").

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Hehe I didnt read the whole list at first, so I had to edit my previous message.. ignore my previous statement. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    @itsug if that's the worst "mistake" you've made today... it's been a good day, huh? LOL! ;)

As I understand it, package files contain game menu info. So if nothing changes in menu options, package files may not be updated when ts4scripts are.

BTW gang, I didn't post this earlier, here's the link to the Change Log post for MC 2.16.0:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5095790#post5095790

There's more info on the Description Page, but that post is the "anchor" for when new version comments start, so I wanted to share it, too.
    My funniest mistake last night was, I was in the middle of a PM to DP about "having it all together" when I stopped mid-sentence, because I realized I *hadn't* downloaded MC yet, just the 2 different versions of the other extra file (site and dropbox versions)... so I had to go get MC too, before I could finish that sentence in that PM.

LMAO!

My picture is probably beside "scattered" in the dictionary. Wouldn't surprise me at all. :p
    itsug wrote: »
    Hehe I didnt read the whole list at first, so I had to edit my previous message.. ignore my previous statement. :)

BTW, there's really no way I could've done that... I *don't* do it like I tell people to. (I'm weird about my files.)

Do as I say, not as I do... I decided to start keeping the older versions of the mod in their own folders, so I made a whole NEW folder in /Mods for 2.16. 2.15 was still there long enough for me to copy my config and log files to the new folder, but the actual package and ts4script files were totally new, from just-downloaded files, and freshly copied over. So like @Bonxie said, if DP didn't mess up, I didn't mess up. LOL!

I started sticking the 1 in front of the folder name (1 MC 2.16.0) when I added a few more folders of mods/cc back in... I like it being at the top of my /Mods folder.

But the easiest thing is just to name that folder /MC and keep deleting old package and ts4script files ONLY, as newer versions become available to replace them with. Works fine. I'm just more of a packrat than that.

@itsug I will admit I *almost* messed up... nearly forgot to take out the 215 folder after I got the 216 stuff set up. I had hit the Origin button, but not the Sims Play button, when I realized it. :D
    For people interested in getting careers to work with Relative Time changes, Deaderpool posted something I thought was really interesting, here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5096287#post5096287
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    So my mod is going pretty wild. I got a notice that two Sims were about to marry. The next day I got a notice that the female of that relationship was pregnant with someone else. Talk about drama!

Also, two siblings became parents. MC Controller is dark!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
    Taquanda wrote: »
    So my mod is going pretty wild. I got a notice that two Sims were about to marry. The next day I got a notice that the female of that relationship was pregnant with someone else. Talk about drama!

Wait. Do you have the extra part, too? If you do, I could see some of that happening, depending on your settings. That siblings thing... I just don't see that happening at all without the other part. I'm leaning toward "something's wrong" but I don't have all the info I need yet to really say that one way or the other.

I might want to see your settings file. (Dropbox FTW) Depends on what else you tell me. :)

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

Siblings?! The worst I've had was a guy having an affair with his step-daughter that resulted in a child...
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    So, my athletic sim that has the Long Lived trait is now a great grandfather. His days elapsed from elderhood are now 30/10 (known by checking the MC Command Center window). Do I need to use a cheat to kill him of old age or will he eventually encounter Grim all on his own? Could this be due to me using an outdated version of MCCC?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Hi.
    I dunno what's going on..but for some reason after i installed MCCC two days ago my restaurants stopped working... :(
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member

Wait. Do you have the extra part, too? If you do, I could see some of that happening, depending on your settings. That siblings thing... I just don't see that happening at all without the other part. I'm leaning toward "something's wrong" but I don't have all the info I need yet to really say that one way or the other.

I might want to see your settings file. (Dropbox FTW) Depends on what else you tell me. :)

If you're talking about the Woohoo part, no I don't have that. I pasted my settings file here; pastebin.com/J7TQUUmC

By the way, since you're into my settings anyway: do you have good tips when it comes to the settings? Any stuff I should change? I never digged into the settings very deep... Thanks!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • chicannchicann Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone! Just a quick question... actually more of a curious question....

What's the ideal fit/fat settings for male/female Sims to make them look healthy and fit?
    Just popping in for a second... there's been a few error reports to MC, one mentioning restaurants. I have an extended travel loop this morning, no time till after 9. (not 8 yet now). If somebody wants to go look at comments, that'd be great. I forgot about the challenge starting yesterday, too. Let me get home and I'll look at my game for a few minutes, and then I'll come see what questions I can either answer or ask.

I gotta run. back soon!
    Guys I am running out of time FAST today. I had to take hubby to work and kid to school both.

I played a little while, long enough to call Jasmine, snag 4 cabinets (which would sell for 750 each), and go to the park after. I wanted to go to a restaurant, but needed to come by here more, I thought.

I'll do it, but it may be tomorrow morning. I have a feeling I won't have time when I get up... overslept last night, a little, and I'm tireder... not enough hours in a day during a work week, when updates happen.

Buried. Not giving up, just want to let those waiting to hear from me know I've not forgotten, it's totally an I don't have enough time thing.

When I played, I took out all my mods except MC and SSI. Left the cc in, nobody's said anything about any of that breaking... have they? I really haven't done a Categories browse today. Went thru notifications, came here, pretty much. I didn't see any mc log errors or any last exception files. But I haven't done much yet, either. (It's midnight... not tons TO do, with kids.)

And I just don't think work would look at "I have more important things to do online" as being a valid excused absence. LMAO!!
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    I'm hoping to do a small update on my FAQ page this weekend, and one of the things I was planning to write about was changing game time (one of the things I've been hopping on quickly to experiment with). I read DP's post. It sounds like he's fixed all of EA's carreers so that the work hours are lined up, but I'm confused about what he said about absolute time. I have an older version of MC (I think it's 2.14, and I only have a few files). I thought that in order to give you more time in a day (ex. so eating at a restaurant doesn't take 3-6 hours ect.), you had to set it to absolute and increase game time speed (I was trying it at 75). Now it sounds like he's gotten rid of absolute speed, so does that mean it's unnecessary for changing game time speed and that you only need to alter the numerical value?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top