Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do your Legacy Lots look like?

ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
I just started my legacy, and while my house and my family isn't very big yet, I'm having a hard time imagining how I'll fill the space! I'm living on the 64x64 lot for my challenge.

I was considering maybe adding a greenhouse in the back, since my founder is a chef but beyond that I can't really think of much else too add. What do you suggest?

Here's my lot so far
10-05-16_12-19-26nbspAM.png

How about you!? What does your Legacy Lot look like and what's your thought process like when you add on to it?? :3 I'd love to see!
Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89

Comments

• CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I like to add lots of greenery to spots in my lots that I don't know what to fill with. You can add a farm, or an orchard to it. If you want an orchard but don't want all that gardening use some trees from Build/Buy and place them in rows to look like an orchard. It'll take up space and make the lot look a little more lived in and flow better.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I'll have to post some pics later, but it's crazy to think how my little house went from a one-story, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home to a two-story home with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and a pool in the backyard. Also, was able to update all my appliances, all the plumbing and replaced the flooring and countertops. Even got better computers and that $8,000 TV all with no cheats and this is only maybe the second time I've played that way so I'm pretty proud.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I like to add lots of greenery to spots in my lots that I don't know what to fill with. You can add a farm, or an orchard to it. If you want an orchard but don't want all that gardening use some trees from Build/Buy and place them in rows to look like an orchard. It'll take up space and make the lot look a little more lived in and flow better.

That's an excellent idea! Less maintenance too, at least until I can afford a gardener! I love greenery too and planned on filling out the rest of the lot with more but I haven't gotten enough money yet xD I just updated the house from a little 5x7 camper to that 2 bedroom 2 bathroom home :3
    I'll have to post some pics later, but it's crazy to think how my little house went from a one-story, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home to a two-story home with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and a pool in the backyard. Also, was able to update all my appliances, all the plumbing and replaced the flooring and countertops. Even got better computers and that $8,000 TV all with no cheats and this is only maybe the second time I've played that way so I'm pretty proud.

Yes, please do post I'd love to see ^_^ I don't play with cheats either but when I finally gathered enough money to expand my camper I was super excited! I tried to keep bits and pieces from it when I expanded it. Kept the rounded roofing for one section there, as well as the front porch flooring and some of the interior flooring in the tiny camper I used for the bathrooms. Kept the same wall color for my Sim's new bedroom too as well as kept what little furniture and appliances she had so she'll have to upgrade those. I wanna keep as many original things in the family as possible. I plan to keep a record of the different stages of renovations.
    edited October 2016
    Ok, here are a few pics

Before
    2cpp6e1.jpg
    117frf5.jpg

After
    11buk3t.jpg
    2qv740i.jpg

Edit: and now I see my back deck's roof is green and needs to be changed to black lol :p
    @rodneyclint Nice! You filled your lot out well! Haha yeah sometime it's the little things we don't notice until we take a step back XD apparently one of my rooms was missing a ceiling, had to fix it :P
    Well I have a much smaller lot than you lol I did have a cowplant in the front yard but I can't trust my Sims so it's in the inventory now ;)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello :)
    You could add a pool, and have an outdoors kitchen and dining area. There could be a playground area for kids to play on the monkey bars , pirate ship or spaceship. There could be an area with a fire pit and chairs around it. There could be a gazebo with a hot tub in it. You could have an art nook with easels. There could be a playhouse for children. There could be a potting shed. Perhaps there could be a chess table area. Sims could play horseshoes in an area of backyard. There could be a bar area or an outdoors living area with sofas, armchairs and a fireplace and tv. You could have an outdoors movie theatre area. There could be a bird feeder nook. The slippery slide could be placed in the backyard,
    These are just some suggestions :)
    Bump! Cuz I'd love to see more :3

Also, to our Simmers in Florida and Georgia, stay safe! <3
  • ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    edited October 2016
    I only have a current pic of the front lot, but I seem to only last a generation in each house so they might be in a new one in a couple weeks xD but I'll add pics of the back of the house later

tumblr_inline_odzwztgWsl1s8zca2_1280.png

You can't see it, but in the back there's a gazebo with a fire pit, outdoor grill and seating, pool, and outdoor theater. Inside theres a large kitchen and rooms for everyone and plenty of balcony space.

When building a legacy household I try to keep in mind that I'll be in that spot for awhile because that's where the family's life revolves around, I like to have activities that they do around the house so that they dont have to leave the lot, and again plenty of club meeting space and social gathering/party space so again, my sims don't have to leave the lot.

Basically I just like to keep the lot 'central' if that makes sense. I also like to build on smaller lots because it allows me to keep up with large families easier, and the families tend to run into each other more in smaller lots/houses.
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
    @ScripticJustice Your house is really nice I like that you change it up every generation that's a good idea! I tend to put everything in my Sims' lot too so they don't have to leave. I've always been a homebody player xD
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited October 2016
    This is what I started with (once a built a little house, I technically started with one wall).

ROb8sOQ.png

I'm currently on the 4th generation and this is what that tiny shack grew into.

2H7ysf3.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes I enjoy seeing a family progress :3 And I love what you've done with your build, that in between porch is really cool and I like the idea of a guest house~ Could double as a studio even!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    @swcheppes I enjoy seeing a family progress :3 And I love what you've done with your build, that in between porch is really cool and I like the idea of a guest house~ Could double as a studio even!

That's funny that you say that because in my story I've used it as both ;) Right now it's my main sims photo studio but before it was a mini apartment for a friend she had staying with her.
    suRdkSd.jpg