Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot edit preexisting sims

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    iRemembertheDarkiRemembertheDark Posts: 5 New Member
    I've tried that and I have tried the cheat to add relationships and none of them work. My main sims has 3 siblings and her parents died. Her mom became a ghost and her dad completely disappeared. He doesn't even show up on the geneology tree. Her mom is still on it but her siblings are step siblings now. I brought her mom back to life to try and put dad back in the picture but it won't let me add him as the father to her or any of the siblings. I don't know what to do and i'm really becoming aggravated.
  • Options
    KxrlyKxrly Posts: 2 New Member
    > @TheMaddestMadam said:
    > Have you tried:
    > 1. Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat menu.
    > 2. Type "testingcheats true" and hit enter.
    > 3. Type "cas.fulleditmode" and hit enter.
    > 4. Shift+Click your Sim and choose edit in CAS.
    >
    > This can edit sims fully, including names. I imagine EA has a fix on the way for the marriage names thing, but in the meantime this workaround fixed it for me and my simmies. :3

I had this same problem and couldn't get it with the cheats I was using, but I used this one instead and it worked perfectly, thank you!
  • Options
    soontbemissessoontbemisses Posts: 5 New Member
    So I could only edit certain preexisting relationships, but not all. One of the issues is that the game will not edit relationships of people you move into the same house together, unless they are aged up to be at young adult or higher. That will fix at least one instance of the "cannot edit preexisting sims" problems.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but is there a fix or cheat for this yet? I'm trying to get Johnny Zest related to his family, and the "cannot edit preexisting sims" message is there.
  • Options
    elliebearelliebear Posts: 1 New Member
    i have this horrible problem. My male sims jerard was dating his female neighbor zoe... i used CAS to make her part of the family and then he became her uncle. so i went back into CAS and it wont let me change that.. im really sad bc they were my favorite couple
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Wait, how did you use CAS to make her part of the family?
  • Options
    FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    I am having the same problem with editing some relationships (although mine could be mod related). I started playing the Behr household and used genetics to make their parents and grandmother. Some of the girls relationships worked out and others the game did not recognize them as related to their new family.

Last year when I had the same problem, I used the cheat code to manually edit my sims relationships when EA culled my children's father (I had to recreate him and used the cheat for the game to recognize the relationship).

In order for the cheat code to work, you will first need to get the unique ID for each sim using a cheat. Once the sim ID popped up on my screen, I took a screenshot of each sims ID and typed it up manually in the Notepad app. In my situation I needed the ID of the father and child. Once I copied the code, I got the other cheat code that will edit the relationships of my sims and pasted that in the same note. I found it easier to type up the cheat code whilst still in the Notepad app and copy/pasted it into the cheat console.

You will need to enter the code - once for the game to recognize the child as belonging to the father and again for father belonging to the child. Unfortunately, you can only edit relationships for parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren and a couple other relationship types. (More info found on website below)

You can find the cheat codes on the Sim's VIP:
    Sims ID cheat: http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#SimID

Relationship cheat: http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships

I hope this makes sense - I am a bit dense and it took me a little bit to figure out - so if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask :)

akddFdd.gif
  • Options
    emmacsc22emmacsc22 Posts: 3 New Member
    Have you tried:
    1. Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat menu.
    2. Type "testingcheats true" and hit enter.
    3. Type "cas.fulleditmode" and hit enter.
    4. Shift+Click your Sim and choose edit in CAS.

This can edit sims fully, including names. I imagine EA has a fix on the way for the marriage names thing, but in the meantime this workaround fixed it for me and my simmies. :3

Perfect! Thank you very much, my sims were all messed up, this worked perfectly.
  • Options
    IhavefattoddlersIhavefattoddlers Posts: 8 New Member
    So, I use my sims to do social testing for a book I'm writing. I'm too lazy to actually get a sim pregnant, so I just adopt a baby and once that baby needs to be aged into a toddler, I go into create a sim and use the genetics tool to make them a kid, then I replace the baby with that toddler I made in Create in a sim. Problem is,I didn't replace the parents already in the game with the versions of them I used in create a sim. (I basically went into create a sim before entering live mode, in other words, I entered create a sim instead of selecting a household to play, and since they were saved in my library I selected them from there and then used the genetics tool to make their kid. So technically she's not the daughter of the parents I have in the game, she's just their roommate who looks identical to them. The only way I can make the toddler their bio daughter now is through entering create a sim in live mood. I have the cheat Cas.fulleditmode on and it's letting me do everything but make my sim their daughter. I can only make her their sister or roommate and both sims are adults.
  • Options
    IhavefattoddlersIhavefattoddlers Posts: 8 New Member
    > @ASC316 said:
    > I certainly did! I enter that code, go into CAS, and can edit literally everything else, BUT their relationships. It gives me the "cannot edit pre-existing relationships" every time and the option next to the sim you wanna alter is greyed out.

SAme here, I can only make them brother and sister or roommates, I want one to be the daughter of the other too