Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overwhelmed : Getting Started, Again

Hey All.
I just logged in to find I had earned some seventh anniversary badge thing. I have played all four incarnations of the Sims with pretty much each expansion that ever came out. Anyhow

I have not played Sims 4 very much (Origin says some 20 hours)

And I have not played for months.

However, I decided today that I had some time on my hands and I would play a little game and get my Sim on again.
However, I launched the game and was immediately overwhelmed by all the little details needed to just create my first Sim (4).

Has this ever happened to anyone else (or is it just me)

And do you have any hints for dealing with this so I can play ?

{like, does anyone maybe have I Sim I can start with? ? Please ? }

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Welcome back... Hit Random in CAS until you have everything you need and then just play. :)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Best game guide out there imo

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    You can also go into the gallery and find a sim to download. Feel free to use any of mine. Search for my username LiELF. Good luck and have fun! :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Hey Rflong7. Thanks.
    I love/d Carls Guide NZSimm3r. I happen to be a New Zealander too.
    I am going to check out your Sims now LiELF.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Woo! Yay another NZer @NRowe :+1: You should come hang out in the Aussie forum too!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_AU
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I'm assuming the little details OP is referring to is Detail Edit Mode? If so, I'd say select a premade face and body or hit the Gallery. I too have a pretty good selection of Sims, my origin is rodneyclint if interested. Styled outfits is also an option if dressing your Sims is taking too long as well.
  • MoonGirlMoonGirl Posts: 55 Member
    The gallery is a nice way to get an already generated Sim that are ready to play if you get overwhelmed. :)
    Had a look in various areas in the gallery including looking for people who responded above.
    Unfortunately the ones I like include extra content (from stuff, game or expansion packs) that I don't (yet) own

I have played around in create-a-sim and come up with the base for a guy.
    How difficult is it to change clothes in game? I.E. How concerned I have to be with how he is dressed?

What are your favourite traits?
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    You can also go into the gallery and find a sim to download. Feel free to use any of mine. Search for my username LiELF. Good luck and have fun! :smile:

at the bottom in CAS, there is a button when used it loads a sim directly from the gallery
    so you don't even need to go to the gallery to get a ready made sim with a name, traits, walk ...

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    edited October 2016
    3 HOURS LATER

I forgot just how addictive this game/these games can be. I may 'disappear' (from the real world) for a few days.
    Send Food! Haha. :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    3 HOURS LATER

I forgot just how addictive this game/these games can be. I may 'disappear' (from the real world) for a few days.

Hello :)
    It is great that you are back simming and are enjoying playing the game!
    Happy simming! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    3 HOURS LATER

Lol! I got stuck in CAS for a couple of hours the other night. Looked at the clock and poof! it was bedtime already. (Except I actually stayed up and had ice cream and rewatched an episode of Galavant.)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    LOL , send food - that was me yesterday . I started a new household , 2 guys and 2 sisters , the Sims were Gallery people I didn't have to do much to but it was the building that took me so long. They had a lot of money and a large lot . I spent much more time on this than I normally do ( usually my Sims houses grow around them , as in - I build as I go and can afford ) , the first room I built was a library for goodness sake.
    Welcome back to Simming again OP and enjoy.