Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited September 2016
    I miss you guys!!!!
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Ojenn - I have missed you and everyone else too!

I have another update.

Paige is a so pretty. Especially while pregnant.
    29737595040_77a0912b1d_h.jpg

29737594500_b0b6fb9cc6_h.jpg

So Daniel decided to mess with the cowplant and ummm let's say the experience wasn't enjoyable.
    29737594110_8dee4fa09c_h.jpg

She is huge.
    I think it has to do with the good food that Daniel is cooking.
    29737593420_81186737a5_h.jpg

29737592970_66d79f1f01_h.jpg

29737592600_cc62e20445_h.jpg

He really takes care of her.
    29737592180_7e2c7ddb20_h.jpg

He decided to take her out on a date.
    29737591670_69b7920e65_h.jpg

Paige decided that she wanted to read instead.
    29737590920_62f24c0082_h.jpg

That didn't stop Daniel from getting romantic.
    29737590350_fbc2c255ec_h.jpg

29737588090_f96326b9f0_h.jpg

Then he proposed.
    Paige was shocked but she definitely said yes.
    29737589420_0f33af2277_h.jpg

29737588690_4e5279a06b_h.jpg

29737587680_5cc5be9402_h.jpg

29737587260_3406621835_h.jpg

29737586890_953c4eac54_h.jpg

Now time to celebrate.
    29737586500_7eb5aebe1f_h.jpg

When they get home as Paige was getting something to eat she started to not feel so well.
    29737585890_db2b37be19_h.jpg

29737585100_8bc049923a_h.jpg

Daniel tried to wait patiently.
    29737585520_701c3606ff_h.jpg

He decided to dance instead.
    29737584730_b38eddafa3_h.jpg

29737584300_0571145f09_h.jpg

Triplets.
    29737583700_6d9d1606ad_h.jpg

29737583040_83b87fd592_h.jpg

2 girls and a boy.
    29737582440_f2f3846846_h.jpg

The happy parents.
    29737581960_4d6688f598_h.jpg

29737581550_cbdabc5629_h.jpg

29737580920_ce98a3f0e4_h.jpg
    ]
  • soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member

Updating Our Story
    09-18-16_9-38-32nbspPM_zpskjkwgfdv.png
    Building our skills together. Brett & Valencia love to do everything together.
    09-18-16_8-38-25nbspPM_zps5rkslqkq.png
    Enjoying a Movie at the new Park in town.
    09-24-16_11-05-34nbspPM_zpsr2ytiybs.png
    Brett is a planner. He decides that in order to accomplish their dream to raise their children together as both full time parents that he would go into the Astronaut career. Valencia is wanting to be sure that this will make him happy, because she knew he had his heart set on Law Enforcement. Brett assures Val that this would allow them to pad the savings considerably and he could retire early. They could start their family & once the children (plan is two: boy & girl) are in school they could open their restaurant together. Valencia loves her husband dearly, he always puts his family first!
    Brett%20Chooses%20Astronaut%204%20Family_zpsqh09z0ox.png
    09-23-16_9-28-44nbspPM_zps0aqcnniv.png
    Valencia loves to garden to provide the healthiest meals to Brett. Her cooking skills have improved greatly!
    09-18-16_10-49-29nbspPM_zpsudwfgjns.png
    Working together to get Brett's Career Skill Set's built up for a quick movement up that corporate ladder!
    09-23-16_9-45-28nbspPM_zpsjpc04m7b.png
    Nurturing one another; caring for the needs of each other is what keeps our relationship vibrant!
    09-18-16_10-08-25nbspPM_zpseinj6eg7.png
    Come on Val you can do this!! Oh my goodness, Brett I'm a novice, I said I wanted to support you in your skill set building; however, I didn't know dying was in the program! Brett laughs, Val you are so dramatic! LOL. I love you!
    09-18-16_10-11-31nbspPM_zps6xnpbikg.png
    I couldn't even make it inside to go to bed!!
    Brett%20Promoted_zps2qulm6tr.png
    Okay so hard work pays off!!
    09-26-16_9-12-19nbspPM_zpswpkg4fgr.png
    Enjoying a quick meal at the new Library in town.
    09-23-16_9-23-08nbspPM_zps0nupdlsk.png
    Brett tells me all about his day @ work. He is so excited over his promotion!
    09-23-16_9-15-46nbspPM_zps7xhohfsa.png
    We were in the celebratory momentum. Caught up in the elation we shared a moment of intimacy.

At first I was a little upset about the fact that when I came back to the game Valencia was pregnant. However, it made the game more realistic. They made plans, had everything all laid out and well as the story goes...
    09-24-16_11-04-09nbspPM_zpszi3s7kz9.png
    Upon returning to the game Valencia froze, I thought my game was glitching; however, it was the arrival of a baby bump! BIG NEWS hit Basilio Family!
    09-28-16_9-23-34nbspPM_zps1xzj3gog.png
    09-28-16_9-25-15nbspPM_zpsrrb5l1cf.png
    Brett tries to help with cooking since Valencia is pregnant. However, they decide he doesn't look as appealing with his new tan & should probably leave the cooking to Valencia from now on...LOL
    09-26-16_9-49-18nbspPM_zpsdshzw4ya.png
    Sweets have never been Valencia's thing but she is craving donuts & ice cream!
    09-26-16_10-58-44nbspPM_zpsncs4b6u2.png
    Hilarious!! Brett is craving too; however, he's a tough MAN he would never admit it!!
    09-23-16_9-03-44nbspPM_zps0kfheywj.png
    Seriously Sweetheart didn't we discuss this; no more cooking for you! It isn't safe!
    09-26-16_9-58-17nbspPM_zpszcxexpz8.png
    09-26-16_10-37-32nbspPM_zpswuzpuhcu.png
    09-26-16_10-51-07nbspPM_zpsoht8obdz.png
    I'm really starting to like this whole Athletic thing! It really feels good!
    Brett%20Takes%20Family%20Leave_zpshdqcxqua.png
    09-26-16_11-10-09nbspPM_zpsqbysyzyj.png
    It's Time!! Valencia is all checked in & cool, calm, collected Dad is loosing it outside!
    09-26-16_11-11-02nbspPM_zpshux7h9zw.png
    Okay so now maybe I'm a little nervous too!
    09-26-16_11-12-30nbspPM_zps33k1eeaf.png
    Even though Brett's still panicky @ least he finally made it inside!
    09-26-16_11-12-44nbspPM_zps3311kiku.png
    Didn't know Brett had such rhythm!!! LOL
    09-26-16_11-13-17nbspPM_zpsxqgnzygs.png
    Our little sweet boy arrives!!! Amiri Basilio born September 27, 2016 @ 2315. Healthy and Happy baby boy!
    09-26-16_11-13-55nbspPM_zpsgw3gfbvy.png
    09-26-16_11-17-09nbspPM_zpsrua1s0k0.png
    Daddy's little man!
    09-26-16_11-17-09nbspPM_zpsrua1s0k0.png
    Hi my angel!! Welcome home!
    09-27-16_10-58-22nbspPM_zpsmlexuei8.png
    The union of our love has created this most beautiful miracle!!
    09-27-16_11-01-31nbspPM_zps0czmt7j1.png
    stealing away for a moment to themselves after caring for little Amiri!

• NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member

I've been posting most of my Rebuild gameplay on Tumblr, but I made this picture to show the progress I've made so far with my founding couple.

tumblr_oecrtvcdoY1s9ju7lo1_540.jpg

LateKnightSimmer
    @amadazulsim - Paige has such a beautiful face, I bet her and Daniel's babies are going to be just as stunning with such good looking parents.

@soulfull - Brett and Valencia seem like such a loving couple and I really love their home.

@NewToTheSims - Looks like you are making good progress! I have been stalking following along with your challenge on Tumblr as well.
    Finally back with an update, I haven't had much play time sadly and these pictures are from older gameplay. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to see you guys soon, I may get some play time in this weekend.
    Family Tree

I am still working on the gen 9 house but this is my progress so far
    9dec4ed8cc.jpg

I have to say that I am excited to be going to Oasis Springs but I will definitely miss Willow Creek when it's time to move on
    tumblr_odurslWhIZ1tn6pi8o1_1280.jpg

The girls have been getting ready for their last day of school, they studied together when they can. Although glutton Corrina would rather eat than study :lol:
    tumblr_odqdzyZe661tn6pi8o1_1280.jpg

Audrey has been so broken with Gary gone now, she has the widow moodlet
    tumblr_oe379dFJJS1tn6pi8o1_1280.jpg

Charlotte hasn't said much since her father passed away
    tumblr_oeaocj1dvg1tn6pi8o2_r1_1280.png

And Corrina is processing her grief in her own way
    tumblr_oeaojrgcIN1tn6pi8o1_1280.jpg

With the final day of school out of the way the girls went out for a graduation party
    0570ce21ac.jpg

0059cec074.jpg

11be657274.jpg

They also aged up there at the club
    a3e64bbab6.jpg

I have decided that Charlotte will be my heir, she has an aspiration I've never tried
    1eab230be0.jpg

And they danced the night away
    d22dce4944.jpg

4a1225948b.jpg

0215413cd7.jpg

43370d9f19.jpg

And yeah @Heckstress17 I think she looks alot like her great grandma Nina
    2ee0198ac6.jpg

After a night out the girls finally head home
    cd1d8e8c52.jpg

e1f45b8a63.jpg

@NewToTheSims Your founding couple is adorable! I don't know what Tumblr is.
    @OJenn WOW Gen 9!!! Thank you for the compliment on our home. Yours is very nice as well. I LOVE the colorful landscaping/scenery of your towns!
    @amadazulsim TRIPLETS!!!! I've never experienced that! I bet it keeps you guys busy! Congrats they are adorable!

Sorry posted same pic twice the 2nd one was supposed to be Valencia & Amiri.
    09-27-16_10-52-40nbspPM_zps2nhyexgz.png
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @Teslachick2 Welcome to our challenge! You can just bulldoze the lots. A lot of us did it that way because we were nervous about doing it any other way. No one wants to screw things up!! :) You don't have to delete any sims though...just the buildings. Also, yes you can go to any of the other towns and leave them as they are for now. You can also build new lots for Willow Creek or download shells that you decorate...it just needs to start off empty.[/quote]

Thank you. I finally cleared Willow Creek and made my couple. Atsu Takanori (Asian) and Rachelle Coughton(African).

Rachelle was lucky to be alive after the disaster hit the town of Willow Creek, killing almost everyone(including her brother and father). She's trapped beneath the rubble of what used to be her home, losing hope of ever being rescued but after what seemed like days, she hears a voice calling out and she screams for help. The person must have heard her because next thing she remembers is being pulled out and a concerned voice asking if she was okay. Weak and dehydrated, Rachelle passes out.
    Atsu Takanori carried the woman he'd rescued to what was left of his home, the entire top floor had been destroyed bit at least it was shelter. It had been less than 24hrs since the storm had hit and for a long while, he'd thought he'd been the only survivor until he'd heard a voice crying for help.

Laying her down on his makeshift bed, he uses his experience as a medical intern to treat her injuries. When she finally wakes up she asks about the survivors. She cries when he tells her they're the only ones left.

While Rachelle recovers from her injuries, Atsu sets to work fixing up the cabin, making a small garden where they could at least grow some plants so they wouldn't starve. As the days go by, the two survivors find themselves drawn to each other and love slowly blossoms...Two weeks later, Atsu proposes to Rachelle and they elope immediately. Now they're getting the rest of their new home ready because Rachelle has a feeling there might be a new addition to the family soon.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Sorry for the weird post, I meant to say "Thank you" to @debjameswhite for clearing things up for me :)
    I regret some of my life choices.
    edited October 2016
    @OJenn Thanks! LOL. I had some mishaps yesterday when TS4 was acting up, but I think I managed to get some good gameplay in as far as progress with the challenge. XD Thanks for stalking, I mean, looking at my stuff. <3 Your house and Sims are gorgeous by the way. ;)
    @soulfull It's okay, Tumblr is just another blog platform. Thank you for the compliment! Can't wait to see what Amiri looks like as a child.

LateKnightSimmer
    @soulfull - Brett and Valencia are making a nice home and family for themselves. Amiri is a little cutie pie.

I am now an expert at playing large families. lol All of my heirs since about generation 3 or 4 have had large families.

@Ojenn - Nice house. I am sure the generation 9 family will enjoy it. Charlotte is pretty. I think she is a good combo of her parents. She reminds me of her mom but you definitely see her dad in her.
    I kept wondering who she reminded me off and then I read the comment about @Heckstress17 saying she looks like Nina. I have to agree.
    The kids looked like they had a good time at the club. I need a night out like that.

I think Paige is my favorite sim when it comes to looks. She really is pretty. I do hope that Daniel and her have some pretty babies. Fingers crossed. lol
    I hope you get some playtime in soon. I know the feeling. This is the first weekend I have played in a long time.
    ]
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one behind here! I've not even had the energy to play lately. However, I'm finally opening my game today. Miss you all so much!! So I saw the new blog post about how they created the new city living expansion pack around diversity. And some of the sims I've seen look very diverse. I wonder if this will give us more CAS options to better create different races and nationalities? That would be so awesome!!!
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @amadazulsim Welcome back! Paige and Daniel are cute...congrats on the triplets.

@soulfull oh believe me, I know the pain of an heir who's always trying to catch on fire... :) The couple is very loving though, congrats on the baby boy :)

@NewToTheSims I went and found you on tumblr :) I'm thinking I might have to try that for the next leg of the challenge. It would be nice to have a place I could see my story all together. I like your starting family and I appreciate your trouble with posing!

@Meeshelby <waves!!!!>

@Teslachick2 I knew what you were trying to say :) I like the start of your story, I'd love to see pictures!!

@OJenn Your pictures are gorgeous as always and I love that house! I love the picture of Willow Creek you got. I'm going to miss it too. I never play in the desert towns in the Sims as long as they've had them so this will definitely be interesting. I love the girls and I feel so bad for Audrey. It's so weird having changed to long life span I think doing that in the middle messed with some things. Saul and Lily are still adults but Saul's little sister Harper just sent out a warning about not much time left with her...and I haven't heard a peep about his twin Grace who has been an elder much longer. I am enjoying being able to still focus on Logan though. I want to see him complete his aspiration of nerd brain it's super fun and I am also liking his career path. I kinda don't pay Kenzie or the kids much attention but they stay young for so long I feel like I can get to them :)

Anyways! Back to your story!! I love the graduation party! I always love those group dances. What aspiration did Charlotte get? I love that pose of them walking home together at night. So sweet.
    @debjameswhite Oh hey! Haha, thank you for finding me on Tumblr. XD It is kind of fun for random gameplay pictures. I prefer things like Wordpress and Blogger for more serious stories, but Tumblr is a nice "just for fun" place. LOL, glad you understood my challenges with posing. I'm pretty sure it's just because I didn't download that "Teleport Any Sim" thing, haha.

LateKnightSimmer
    @NewToTheSims Oh yes I've read you need that too and I hate to say it sounds like too much work for me... I also went to your Echoes of Eternity page and was trying to find your Rebuild Willow Creek from there...that's when I realized you had multiple pages :) You're feeding my inspiration to get more creative with the Oasis Springs leg of this challenge!

Also...

@everyone Logan rolled a desire to try for a baby. It's like the second time only a sim has rolled that desire...I am trying so hard to resist...I had 3 single births and feel so blessed...why would I tempt fate???? HELP ME!!! :D
    Soooo, I've been working today and figuring out how to continue my challenge, with just ONE family. I'm going to start with my first family I created...the Alleys. I'll continue them where I last played them. My other 3 families at generation 3 have been put into a cryogenic state lol...frozen in time (deleted from the game) until I finish the Alley's. Then I'll bring each one back in turn to continue. Because I do want to finish each of them!
    @debjameswhite @NewToTheSims - I use the teleporter mod exclusively. I only download poses from people who show where to place the teleporter because it takes the guess work out of staging shots. And thank you @debjameswhite I really enjoying setting up pictures that I feel capture a certain sim's personality. I really do feel for Audrey though, I put Gary in the game well after she was a teen so I thought she would go first for sure but she is still hanging in there for her girls I think.

@Meeshelby - You are so brave! I can't wait to see how the Alley family progresses, although I will miss the others it's exciting!

@debjameswhite LOL yeah, I have stories on Wordpress, Blogger, and Tumblr. I like to know how most of the platforms work, so I picked a few that I like, and use them. Your mention of finding Echoes and then not seeing Willow Creek does bring to light that I should probably put a link to it from Echoes. LOL. I do like to have my blogs all referencing the others, that way people can find things. Sorry it was confusing. LOL. On Tumblr I have a page that shows all my story links.
    @OJenn Can you use the Teleport mod every time you do poses in sims 4? Or is it just for poses that specifically say to use it?

LateKnightSimmer
    @Meeshelby I'm glad you could make a choice! Can't wait to see how they progress :)

UPDATE

Every night after work Kenzie greats Logan in the street, She adores him, and cannot wait for him to get home.
    rwUN0.png

He adores her too.
    rwUN6.png

He had a little bout of illness, but she cheered him up by serenading him while he ate. “You should call in.” She suggested, but he refused.
    rwUNe.png

He always knows how to make it up to her though. “I’m sorry I work such long hours.”
    rwUNA.png
    rwUNZ.png
    rwUOf.png

This is the Wilson view…I’m proud of anyone who knows what that means!
    rwUOn.png

She is forgiving because he’s been a good father.
    rwUOz.png

The girls have started sharing a double bed. They don’t see the monster when they sleep in this bed.
    rwUOJ.png

Logan has found a way to bring his work home. <sigh>
    rwUOQ.png

He still has time for some games of chess with his brother though.
    rwUOX.png

This made me happy because Logan called his family to a meal all on his own. Chili for breakfast though? OK.
    rwUP9.png

Kenzie and Logan got some alone time and went to a party…however they didn’t do much socializing!
    rwUPi.png
    rwUPR.png
    rwUQd.png
    rwUQr.png
    rwURN.png

Logan with his son Liam. Liam’s a little meany so Logan is trying to instill some goodness in him.
    rwUTv.png

Then, they almost lost Logan. Luckily, he was ok after some rest.
    rwUTP.png

And his club helped him rebuild.
    rwUU5.png

No one helped me in my time of need…so…
    rwUUu.png
    rwUUR.png

I mean, you’re the one who had the desire Logan…I don’t know what this face is about…
    rwUV6.png

I have never seen this before. Kenzie told him she was pregnant. He has his usual sim reaction and then went to sit at his computer. He was so happy he cheered. I have no regrets. (Just a little…it’s twin boys).
    rwUVz.png
    @NewToTheSims - I use them with poses that don't call for the mod. I find it's easier to use it with single person poses too. I tend to do this alot when staging, like for example my last day of school pic was just a cluster of single sim poses but I used the teleporter mod to position everyone.

@debjameswhite - I am always excited when your sims have babies! I have to say the man panic when a pregnant sim tells their SO about the pregnancy always cracks me up. Also I am jealous of Logan and the family having chili for breakfast, I would love that :smile:
    @OJenn Oh sweet! There might be hope for me posing occasionally in TS4 then LOL.

LateKnightSimmer
    @debjameswhite - I think it is cute that Kenzie greets Logan after work. I love when my sims do that. Congratulations on the new nooboos on the way. I had to laught at that one face Logan made when he found out he was going to be a dad again.

Rayne, Rayanna and Raiden (the names aren't in order)

30120060345_bb2df53d38_h.jpg

]
    @amadazulsim The kids are adorable!!!

@everyone So, one of my biggest loves of this challenge is keeping up with my family tree on familyecho. The whole geneology bit is so much fun to me. However, I realize that my main tree HERE, is not easy to look at for those of you not interested in seeing any more than just the heirs. So I've created a 2nd tree HERE, with just that. It has only the Alley's on it for now! Much easier to keep up with for you all I'm sure!

Screenshot%202016-10-01%2008.52.48_zpsxevyoge8.png

I have finally finished building all the venues in Willow Creek. I have only built a few homes. The game keeps moving Sims in so I have to keep evicting them. The restaurant that I built is in the business world. I am so excited to be able to just play and enjoy that aspect of the game for awhile now.
    This thread is so much quieter than it used to be!! Is everyone just crazy busy like I have been? Or have people stopped playing?