Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens now able to live alone?

When did we get the ability to make teens in CAS and have them be able to live on a lot alone? I have no mods in my game but I just made a teen it allowed me to move her into a starter home alone.
"Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me… I’ll laugh at you! " :D

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm not sure when it happened. But I noticed it a few months back. I like it!
  • thodges24134thodges24134 Posts: 268 Member
    I love it! I wish I would have known we had it.
    "Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me… I’ll laugh at you! " :D
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    This was added in a patch several months ago. I think not too long after launch, but I'm not positive.
  • Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    Wait, seriously? I can make all my club members teens and still have them be in Apartments with Get Together?!
  • thodges24134thodges24134 Posts: 268 Member
    Yeah it seem like that would be possible! So many possibilities.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    You can't, however, do this through household management. If I try to move an adult out and leave only a teen, I get blocked from doing it. It's easy enough to work around though.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    When did we get the ability to make teens in CAS and have them be able to live on a lot alone? I have no mods in my game but I just made a teen it allowed me to move her into a starter home alone.

You have been able to make and play teen only households for quite a long time now. At least a year! It's one of my fav ways of playing actually.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have never had any issue in Sims 4 from moving a single Sim teen to their own lot. In Sims 2 and 3 you couldn't but Sims 4 has been like that from early on for me. I have no CC or mods either. I don't do anything special, just make the teen and move them in. I pretend they are all orphans as I do not make them any family members ever.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    This is one of the things I love about Sims 4 and I have households that are just teens a nice change sometimes.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i think this been in the basegame
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited October 2016
    Teens have always been able to live alone (at least in TS4), lol!
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • xcloseyoureyesxcloseyoureyes Posts: 69 Member
    What!!!! This changes everything. >:)
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    lol but why does this open so many possibilities? To me teens have the least amount of time to do anything during the week (especially if they have one of the teen jobs with the horrid hours) and 9/10 they come home from school either sad, embarrassed or tense. Not hating or anything, just really interested in what makes this particular route enjoyable for you guys? I find the only time to really do anything with teens is on the weekends.
  • pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member

I had no idea about this. Lol, there really is only homework separating them from the adults.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • MoonGirlMoonGirl Posts: 55 Member
    I noticed it when I did a challenge. I was happy because I didn't have to kill the parent to get the teen living on her own.
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »

I had no idea about this. Lol, there really is only homework separating them from the adults.

It's so true -sigh- There are basically only 2 life states in this game
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I had forgotten this because I rarely create teens to live alone. Once they're in a game with their parents, they can't move out. At least couldn't the last time I tried.

@rodneyclint I agree teens have very little time to do anything. I noticed this when I was playing my selfsim as a teen living alone, not much fun. The vacations days they have from school help a little though. I don't normally use those, but they're good to keep in mind.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    edited October 2016
    Never thought of that, good point. I suppose you could treat it like they are in college, especially since the teens look so close to Young Adults and go from there. I mean I did move one of my teens in with his YA older sister after she moved out of my household's home and I'm just pretending he's a senior and is already 18. I guess this isn't too far from that, he just still has a guardian.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It's the Justin Bieber patch. A lot can go so very wrong. A. Lot.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I don't send my teens to school everyday so that they have time to be sable to do other things. I have them do that days homework but have them stay home as much as they go off to school. Skills are built , people are met, fun is had.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Say whhaaattt?!? I did not know this! But then again teens are the "new adults" so why not it's not like there's a difference! That's why we need a "The Sims 4: Teenage Homones" gamepack so we can have teenage only interactions, CAS options, so we can finally let them live like actual teenages instead of them all wanting to abandon the reckless teen years!
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Teens have been able to live on their own since the patch that accompanied EP01 (which was the March 26, 2015 patch). As @Loudon_Wainwright mentioned, this doesn't work via Manage Household, but that was an oversight and is a known issue. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    cyncla wrote: »
    This is one of the things I love about Sims 4 and I have households that are just teens a nice change sometimes.

Not me - it is just further proof that family doesn't really matter in Sims 4.

Never mind, explanation removed - teens obviously do not matter in this forum.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Teens have been able to live on their own since the patch that accompanied EP01 (which was the March 26, 2015 patch). As @Loudon_Wainwright mentioned, this doesn't work via Manage Household, but that was an oversight and is a known issue. :)

Thanks! I would have had "Teen only" households a long time ago if I knew that. Are we getting a fix for this? I am trying to move some teens in their own place and it is proving difficult lol
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I love it! I always got so annoyed when I had to make an adult sim, when all I needed was a teen. I'm super glad it was changed <3
    Star Wind Flower Sun