Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• kakey2003kakey2003 Posts: 38 Member
    uzumo wrote: »
    I did not know that I cannot have my sim increase his skill of level 9 while reading fitness: vol. 3 skill book. I tried to have my sim increase his fitness skill. He was at level 9. The skill bar did not appear, and he got a bored moodlet.

Your sim was probably like "Been there, done that!"
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Did you know pure aliens disguises will be passed down to determine their childs disguise? Aliens really are two sims in one!! :D I always play as an alien

If you play that much with aliens, perhaps you can tell me, how I avoid that other sims make them sad, because they find out that they are aliens?
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I did not know that I cannot have my sim increase his skill of level 9 while reading fitness: vol. 3 skill book. I tried to have my sim increase his fitness skill. He was at level 9. The skill bar did not appear, and he got a bored moodlet.

It's like that for the rocket skill book as well. There may be other skills that will not max with reading.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member

Hello @uzumo .
    Your sim needs you to do the skill when you are at level 9, to max out skills. This quote from Carl's Sims 4 site explains about skill books
    Skill Books
    Skills may be learned from Skill Books, read at the Library or purchased from the computer for use at home. In The Sims 4, you can learn the first four levels of a Skill from the first volume, though you must reread the book to do so. You will not gain Skill level from Volume 2 or 3 until you've reached level 4. Volume 2 works up to level 7, at which point you can read Volume 3. The last volume will only take your Skill to level 9, requiring you to at last use the Skill for Mastery.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    If you use a cheap showers, toilets and sinks for a while, then it will only be worth 2 or 3 simoliens when you go to sell it. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    This could be old news, but when aliens visit the science laboratory they steal freeze rays there. I was shocked by this because in my save there's some tension between the locals and aliens. I've built freeze rays for the locals to defend themselves, guess now half of the aliens are armed too (aside of their own powers).
  • DougMontDougMont Posts: 14 New Member
    Maybe someone already told this, but it's really much worth becoming a self employed writer than joining the writer carrer. After a writing lots of good books you can get rich only by receiving the income from these books.
    Another way to get rich is planting and selling the dragon fruit. I made more than a million simmoleons just by selling perfect dragon fruits... They make A LOT of money.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    DougMont wrote: »
    Maybe someone already told this, but it's really much worth becoming a self employed writer than joining the writer carrer. After a writing lots of good books you can get rich only by receiving the income from these books.
    Another way to get rich is planting and selling the dragon fruit. I made more than a million simmoleons just by selling perfect dragon fruits... They make A LOT of money.

Yes, both dragon fruit and perfect grow fruits are very valuable.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    DougMont wrote: »

And if you manage to get your hands on one of the alien fruits that came with GTW (I use the orb fruit), you can make a killing. One of my gardener Sims has a plot full of perfect orb fruits - she makes over a quarter of a million simmoleons every week. She has more money than she'll ever spend in a lifetime :D
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited October 2016
    I didnt know you could gain dance skill from meditating - is this new? I have never seen it before today.
    f4JVsBu.png

*eta: also, she was already maxed out in dancing haha :shrug:
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »
    I didnt know you could gain dance skill from meditating - is this new? I have never seen it before today.
    f4JVsBu.png

*eta: also, she was already maxed out in dancing haha :shrug:

Hello
    Meditating can help to increase the level of other skills. I will quote what Simsvip wrote in their Spa Day guide.

Sims who reach a state of tranquility while meditating will experience a “Successful Meditation”. During this time, Sims have a chance of increasing other skills, improving their relationships, finding forgiveness in their hearts for enemies, and thinking of ideas that result in increased performance at work or school.
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-spa-day-game-guide/#Intro
  • NobahdeeNobahdee Posts: 75 Member
    I noticed this recently, but I had no idea you could grow Garbage Fruit -- which sounds horrid by the way, but I think this happens when trash is left on the ground for too long. lol. It's kind of weird, honestly.

10-05-16_7-48-01nbspPM_zpszykkt881.png
    Follow my Sims Let's Plays below:

o1yuxsO.jpg?1
    Hello @Nobahdee .
    You can grow trash plants by leaving trash on the ground.
    The fruit makes great fertiliser for plants. Some simmers find that it a good bait when fishing.
  • NobahdeeNobahdee Posts: 75 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Nobahdee .
    You can grow trash plants by leaving trash on the ground.
    The fruit makes great fertiliser for plants. Some simmers find that it a good bait when fishing.

Oh. That's actually neat. And to think, I almost deleted it because I thought it was going to cause trouble. lol
    Follow my Sims Let's Plays below:

o1yuxsO.jpg?1
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I just found out that not all sims like the wind chimes. My male young adult got an angry moodlet from them!
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    edited October 2016
    I just found out you can find the skull people When you are going to travel, it will show any that you already know there . My Male sim was one and his wife was able to get a skull from him. Anyways your friends who are made up will show on that list and you can go to where they are and ask for a skull
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    This could be old news, but when aliens visit the science laboratory they steal freeze rays there. I was shocked by this because in my save there's some tension between the locals and aliens. I've built freeze rays for the locals to defend themselves, guess now half of the aliens are armed too (aside of their own powers).
    Much strangeness! :)
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Do they? I've noticed freeze rays seemed to be attached to every alien after some patch, including ones that were never in the scientist career (or ever visited). At least the one I play regularly ended up having a random ray in his inventory, along with his clone getting one too somehow. They don't seem to use them autonomously, though, which is unfortunate :'( it'd be really cool to see that tension become a reality with aliens actually rebutting with their own rays :D
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    So yesterday I had my Sims marry... And my Sim started telling a group story to 16(!) Sims! Call that a performance (and an audience...)

ca838162b5379ccef35a97e416b08535.jpg

I'm sorry, it's somehow sideways and I can't fix it. On my pc it's not rotated....
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
    Hello @Taquanda :)
    It was great that so many sims were involved in the story discussion! Thankyou for sharing the screenshot showing the panel.
  • KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2016
    Not sure if someones already said this, but when 2 sims play chess together, before the game ends one sim will say something that sounds a lot like Check Mate lol

Edit- Listened closely and they say "Meck Chate." Which is like Check Mate but with the first few letters switched
    Post edited by KittensMeow10 on
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    @SimzSizzle went to the spa and had all 3 done and nothing happened so had to be a glitch for you. That is when the game is fun though when those type things happen.

maybe, it was first time tried it. Will try again soon and see what happens. Fingers crossed one time incident.
    kakey2003 wrote: »
    When your sims are at the gym and they're Happy while working out, they can "Encourage (Sim Name) to Work Out" I thought this was super sweet! :D

More Gym tips. The Athletic aspiration is one of the easiest and quickest to complete. You get an extra skill gaining boost working out at a gym, increase it by creating a work out club and get the energized vibe, and select work out as the only activity, select the "body" boost in club perks asap, then while working out click on a gym trainer to come over and "mentor" your sim. Putting crystals down and enabling their energized aura helps to. You can also put in wall speakers that have music that boost the energized mood, but I cant remember which music does that. Tea and coffee makers boost energy too and I think there is a scent on the incense burner that does as well. Oh, and put the best showers and toilets in so Sims are not back logged trying to get clean, and drinking too much coffee makes your bladder go down quick. Use the "Work Out Together" selection to keep your social up while working out.

Didn't know there was a music that enhances the energized mood, too bad you can't remember which one.
    Really would love to know. And an incense scent that does too ! Would you happen to remember which scent it is ?
    edited October 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Taquanda wrote: »
    sims can play cards, there is a designated table.

What? Really? What table?

There are currently 4 different tables that you can play cards/games on. The modern wood BG card table, portable camping card table (OR) and the 2 Llama tables that came with GT.

You can play cards or Don't wake the Llama or any of them, though you have to switch between them by clicking on the table in live mode.

love the don't wake the Llama table, put it in the park & my Sim gets wishes to play cards which I love because it gives them something recreational to do without me having to brainstorm or plan something for them to do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top