Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sculpting

The woodworking table is great, but are we ever going to see sculpting make a return? I really want to be able to make sculptures of my sims again!

Comments

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I think this is pretty well covered with the woodworking table, isn't it?
    giphy.gif
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Oh I would love for Sculpting to be a skill. You could incorporate pottery, and then as you developed the skill, move up to carving a marble statue. My sister told me all about how she thinks this would be a great skill for TS4. At the highest skill levels, imagine if you could carve a sculpture of your Sims' friends and family, just like painting a portrait! You could put an important Sim's statue in the local park or museum to commemorate them forever. (My sister does lots of royal family stories in TS4 so this would work especially well for that.)
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sculpting/potters wheel - I'm in. The woodworking table is fine BUT ...
  • kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2016
    Summerjase wrote: »

Not at all.. in previous sims games the sculpting platform allowed you to sculpt large objects not build furniture.. it was more about the art and you could sculpt statues of other sims. (Actually maybe you could do some furniture, I don't entirely remember, but def more art sculpture specific)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want welding sculptures in the game. They want new and different than before and metal working would fit the bill.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sculpting was fun and another source of making money.Need more arts and crafts stuff.
    kmaria wrote: »

Not at all.. in previous sims games the sculpting platform allowed you to sculpt large objects not build furniture.. it was more about the art and you could sculpt statues of other sims. (Actually maybe you could do some furniture, I don't entirely remember, but def more art sculpture specific)

Which game could you sculpt statues of other Sims in?
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I to miss the sculpting and would love to see that come back. I like the metal working idea to. I have always wanted my sims to be able to make all their furniture from their showers to their sofa's. all furniture should be able to be made by skilled sims. then they could also sell their furniture in a store. as well as making it for their own homes. I know we can make kitchen tables etc. but it isn't enough.
  • ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'd love to see sculpulting skill and also flower arranging skill like in sims 2. I loved that!
    Also, it would be awesome if we could use collected crystals or metals to enchant our sculpultures (ex. statue of Cornelia Goth with diamond tiara) and of course use collected flowers to make bouquets and sell it or use as decorative or gift.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    kmaria wrote: »

Which game could you sculpt statues of other Sims in?

Version 3. If I remember correctly, as your skill rose, you opened up new sculpture types: stone, wood, ice, steel. (I think)
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'd like sculpting, too.
    No. In the Sims 3 you could sculpt more things, and do it out of stone or clay or whatever, and not just wood. The woodworking table just doesn't have that many options.
    In Sims 3, did this come with an expansion pack? I don't remember using this feature. :confused:
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    In Sims 3, did this come with an expansion pack? I don't remember using this feature. :confused:

It did, it came with Ambitions.
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited July 2019
    The sculpting in ambitions was amazing, i would love it if they added a feature where we can make realistic looking statues of our sims. It would not only make for an interesting skill, but we could use these statues to decorate locations. Pictures and paintings are a nice touch, but nothing says "i'm important" like a giant stone statue in the middle of a park.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Sculpting was one of the things that would have fit good with get famous imho. Like fine cusine cooking it could have been unlocked with handiness skill of 5, and being a sculptor is a good way to get famous. ;) Making Statues out of scrap would be also funny (is this art, or can we throw it away?). Ice Art could be the eyecatcher on every party-buffet, and who doesn't want a chunky metal statue in his frontyard to make neighbours envious. (ok that might be exaggerating, but still) Peak of the skill would be crafting statues of other sims from toddler to elder. And there should always be a chance of failing that. Mishaps could have a funny nose, arms missing, mad grin, or bad hair.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    I'd love to see sculpulting skill and also flower arranging skill like in sims 2. I loved that!

@Shakuahi Flower arranging came back with Seasons.

• AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I would love an Art Culture in one of the packs, with sculpting using all materials, marble, clay , bronzing, tapestries, and expand the wood, maybe from real life have an art model as a side gig. Also maybe oil painting and water colors, just different choices. Could add kniting/crocheting and making clothes to that also.
    Have starving artist as a moodlet ;)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    A pottery wheel would be fabulous. Especially if there were a romantic interaction attached that allowed the Sims to re-enact the scene from Ghost.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would love to be able to sculpt important sims in my saves 🙂

Having the two founders of a legacy in the garden and such things.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Don't they have clay in the game to sculpt?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Nope. It's not the same, it's not the same thing at all.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg

Not in the right quantity. ;)
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Ohhh. Gotcha, sorry, I don't ever use that feature haha.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    A pottery wheel would be great. I loved that thing in Sims 2. I can't remember sculpting in Sims 3 though, but I'm sure I would have used it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.