Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Rudiarose I'm not sure what house you are referring to
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Rudiarose I'm not sure what house you are referring to

House 018 of The Drifter Challenge
    - Move your heir from House 017 onto the Cypress Terrace lot in Willow Creek - Lot size 40 x 30
    - At the beginning of this house mini-challenge, you may purchase the Steampunk Flyamajig prior to dropping household funds to $0 Simoleons (go without for more of a challenge)

Oooh I gotcha...House 018! Well that "Steampunk Flyamajig " is not a house...it is the Rocket Ship u can purchase in Buy Mode! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    Hi, :)

I have two questions from a member of the Dutch community.
    They are loving this challenge btw. ;)

1) Can you form a group with your family and go fishing together? And may you sell the fish (in the non playable Sims inventory) that is caught?
    2) When the kids go to school, may you give them a task like make friends etc?

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    BaasPet wrote: »

1) Can you form a group with your family and go fishing together? And may you sell the fish (in the non playable Sims inventory) that is caught?

Since nobody has answered you yet I'll do so. Also, it's really cool that the challenge is getting big in other communities!

1. Yes, you can form a group for things like fishing and gardening or even to bring home uncontrollable sims that have wandered from the house. You can sell the fish that they fish up but when your heir becomes young adult make sure that NONE of this stuff is in their inventory before going to the next house.

2. No, you can't change the uncontrollable sims school or work task... only the ones that you are allowed to control for that particular house.

That is sooo awesome! Super glad 2 hear that the Dutch community is having fun with The Drifter Challenge!! THX 4 sharing!! :smiley:

Answers...assuming that you are referring to the rules of House 001:
    1. You may form Groups with your Main Sim & any other Sims, any time!! Things like Fishing & Gardening in a Group are great ways to get those Non-Playable Sims interacting & building skills (without actually controlling them)
    Form Group With interaction was quite the game changer when it was added into out game

2. Since the only playable character in the Household is the Main Sim...any additional Sims moved in or produced are not controlled by you. Therefore, any actions directing how to perform at, or even attend school/work is not allowed

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Sooo I have good news and bad news.

Bad news: I accidentally deleted House 002 save.

Good news: Both maid, maillady and their kids are save on my computer

Bad news: forgot to save heir from 001 to gallery so have to go back to house 001 to play a few days before he age up, yea for got to save, so that also means that his younger brother William Destiny doesn't exist, also the finish house is long gone.

Back to House 001, if you are keeping up on twitter, please wish me luck.
    @Nakendra Awee....sry 2 hear that happened!! I'm glad you'll b able 2 pull some stuff together tho! Good Luck!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Nakendra That's terrible! I create a "just in case" save at the end of each house like: Drifter 001 JIC, 002 JIC, ect. I do it at the moment the heir blows out the candles and ages up. I'm way behind on Twitter and have been working on a chapter for tomorrow all day but I'll look for your updates.
  • BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    Thanks for the answers <3 and Yes we (the Dutch Drifters) are still in House 001 and are having lots of fun with it. ;)

Thanks for the answers <3 and Yes we (the Dutch Drifters) are still in House 001 and are having lots of fun with it. ;)
    U betcha! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I have some VERY important info concerning The Drifter Challenge! I cannot post the video explanation here because it does have RL webcam footage....but PLEASE visit my channel @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A for all the info!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    I have some VERY important info concerning The Drifter Challenge! I cannot post the video explanation here because it does have RL webcam footage....but PLEASE visit my channel @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A for all the info!

Hi Mama Bear

I just watched your video. First and foremost - I'm behind you 100% and would have given you a huge hug if I could. I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision to come to. And as I've said before, I don't know how you've managed to juggle so many eggs for so long. Your dedication and creativity are truly amazing!

Since you said you were open to comments and questions, I hope you don't mind if I toss a couple your way...

While I'm excited/intrigued about the revamping of the rules, I'm a little torn myself now on what to do. Whether I should continue with my current family or just put it on hold until the revamp. I'm leaning towards forcing myself to finish House 006, which will happen in about 5 Sim days and somehow ending my blog there. I think personally it will depend on how soon House 001 will be updated. I don't want to pressure you or come across as negative. Just trying to figure out what my next step will be simply because it takes me so long to play/write each house. And I don't want to get part of House 007 written and then just abandon it in mid-stride when the rules come out again, like I know I'll be compelled to do.

Decisions, decisions. I have no idea what to do now. I had planned to play quite a bit this upcoming weekend and I know I'll go into withdrawals waiting for the re-release.

So hmmm.... I did mention questions. Have you given any thought as to when/how you'll release the revamp rules? Any chance you'll update House 001 ahead of the others, so those of us that want to can begin to start again while you tweak the rest of the houses?

And I'm really sorry if I'm coming across pushy as if I'm putting pressure on you. That's not my intention at all, just trying to figure out how to go with my game from here.

I am excited about starting over from scratch (and I definitely will be doing that) so I can do all the things I wish I had from beginning this time around (pics of all my heirs left in the house, pics with the birth certificates, actually beginning my story from House 001, etc.)

I guess what it boils down to is I'm excited to begin again and look at my blog now as my beta run as well. But really don't know what to do in the meantime. I guess it will come down to how soon House 001 rules are up. Maybe, I don't know.

Whatever the outcome. I'll still be Drifting away.
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    AllieMac wrote: »
    Hi Mama Bear
    I just watched your video. First and foremost - I'm behind you 100% and would have given you a huge hug if I could. I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision to come to. And as I've said before, I don't know how you've managed to juggle so many eggs for so long. Your dedication and creativity are truly amazing!
    *hugs times a million* 4 u my friend! Thank-u so much 4 all your support & understanding! <3

Let me (hopefully) rest a few of your worries. The majority of the rules that are changing r locations of the houses that were based in Newcrest or Windenburg...they will b moving 2 either Oasis Springs or Willow Creek. The overall house goals etc. r not changing in 99% of the cases...if anything more locations 2 visit have been added. The rules have a more streamlined & hopefully more organized look & feel!! You're not being "pushy" or anything...I'd wanna' know in your position...hence why I said...ask all the questions u want! =)

I am currently finishing up the final touches on houses 007-019 BUT until I have them all ready, I do not want 2 prematurely post even House 001 rules & this is why. I have spent over 80 hours on revamping rules thus far & over the course of time they have gone through MANY MANY word changes or layout changes & I'd hate 2 re-launch & then "take it back" if I have other things 2 fix on them...yanno?! But expect things in the next couple of weeks. I am definitely aiming 2 have all the new rules posted by the launch of House 020.

Whether u or any other Drifter decides they would like a TOTAL restart....staying exactly how things r right now..or just replacing certain lots & things...will b totally up 2 the Drifter. If u continue w/things EXACTLY as they r right now...the only thing(s) being missed out on is clubs working 100% as intended...but clubs still work so even that's not BAD...& missing out on MORE places 2 visit when playing (but even that can b remedied by placing some lots & all will b fine...I swear!

I hope I was able 2 alleviate any anxiety towards a new era of Drifter Challenge incoming....if u have ANY other questions...ask away!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    This is bittersweet (as you said in your video), BUT you've already given us more than any other challenge has! I'm with @AllieMac . I have no idea how you've juggled everything so far!!

This challenge has brought together people that will remain friends long after house 024 is done. Besides, this is the kind of challenge that would be fun to do over and over. You'll get different results each time.

I'm glad you were able to come to a decision. I imagine it's a big feeling of relief. I also stand behind you 100%!! Thanks for everything you've done!
    Yes...very bittersweet! I almost got misty eyed when I was walking in the vid. The Drifter Challenge & all the amazing people I've met thus far has really enriched my game play & my life! It's hard 2 make a decision about closing this chapter. It's been a BIG project & sometimes I'm not sure how I pulled it together ha ha
    I'm so glad that you're here! =) THX 4 standing by me...it truly does mean the world 2 me!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    Aww, I bet :( I think all of us drifters will stay in touch even after the challenge is over. I'm not sure how you did either!!

:)
    I hope all us Drifters DO stay together & close knit! I know there r a bunch who play over & over & over of some houses so there will always b support & sharing on Twitter etc.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    @Vihisha I do have a question, not sure if I had ask it in another drifter thread or not. I know you said something about having restaurants from house 001, but what I'm wondering about are the club meet ups. I know you said we can't have them at the home lot, but I was wondering that for special occasions if we can have gatherings. Like for bdays. When you throw a party, you can only have up to a certain amount of sims, but I found out, that with clubs get togethers, you can have more than the usual amount. This way people with big families, or just lot of friends can be invited over to help celebrate.
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Vihisha

Before I forget again, I just wanted to update you on the Book of Life. I tested it in game and here's what I found...

After completing the Best Selling Author Aspiration (which requires level 10 writing skill), the author can write a Book of Life (takes about 3 hours to write). Once written the author has an option to bind it to another living Sim. (It cannot be bound to the author itself or a ghost.) It is possible to write multiple books.

Once the book is Bound, anytime it's read, it will almost instantly refill the subject Sim's status bars completely and give them a High Needs moodlet. Book can't be read by a child (not sure if a teen can or not, I didn't have one in the house to test it with).

After the subject dies, a new option appears on the book allowing the ghost to be summoned at will. Then if the ghost is asked to move in and becomes a playable Sim again, they can be restored back to life using the Book. I wasn't able to get the move in option to appear for my resident ghost, so I couldn't test whether they actually come back or not. Not sure if it was because they died of old age or what. My ghost never actually tried to read the Book of Life on their own. According to Carl's Guide they have to be a member of the house and directed to read the book to be resurrected.

It did feel kinda "cheaty" being able to max out the green in seconds for my heir. Considering that it could be used to keep uncontrollable Sims greened up at all times, I thought you might want to make a ruling on it. Seems like a really gray area. On one hand you do have to complete the Best Seller aspiration to be able to use it, but once you do the extra challenge of not being able to control all of your Sims is kinda moot.

Hopefully I explained this clearly enough for you to follow. It's kinda late, but I thought if it was going to have an official ruling now would be the perfect time while you're still fine tuning the Houses for the revamp.

I'll catch up on my commenting tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime.

So goodnight y'all and happy drifting!

edited to add:
    There is no cool-down time on the Book.

If kept in the author's inventory, it wouldn't be read autonomously, but could be a powerful tool for story-telling purposes - forcing your ghost(s) to appear for screenshot purposes.
    Post edited by AllieMac on
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac TOTAL & perfect sense! I thank-u a million times over 4 testing this! I will have 2 think on whether I feel it's something that needs 2 b addressed directly or not =) I've never used it or anything...so this is VERY helpful information! Thank-u!!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Nakendra wrote: »
    @Vihisha I do have a question, not sure if I had ask it in another drifter thread or not. I know you said something about having restaurants from house 001, but what I'm wondering about are the club meet ups. I know you said we can't have them at the home lot, but I was wondering that for special occasions if we can have gatherings. Like for bdays. When you throw a party, you can only have up to a certain amount of sims, but I found out, that with clubs get togethers, you can have more than the usual amount. This way people with big families, or just lot of friends can be invited over to help celebrate.

Club Gatherings can be hosted by you on any "available Lot" except your Active Home Lot. If u want mass amounts of Sims @ your own lot..I'd say u can throw a party & then invite the max number of Sims...then u should b able 2 then "Invite to Current Lot" more Sims. In the current rules & in the future rules I'm working on....Club Gatherings will never b allowed on the Active Home Lots. There r just 2 many opportunities 2 make the challenge easier by doing so. However...if you'd like 2 do it in your personal game despite that (& stick 2 your own type of rules about this) u r more than welcome 2 do that! I just give u some guideline 4 play...how strict you stick 2 these rule sets is your choice =)

I have a bit of info that I'd like 2 share since we r on the subject of Clubs & Club Gatherings! I know it's kind of a bit opposite from the question u were asking but...

*the following will most likely be in the new rules (however until officially posted this info is subject 2 change)*
    -If a Sim is asked to an outing of any type, the event location is allowed to be traveled to for the duration of the outing. This includes lots that are not unlocked at the time of the invitation

So unlike before...when asked 2 a Party Location or Club Gathering u can now visit those lots regardless of being "locked"
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I have begun 2 post the revamped rules...House 001 has already be updated! =)
    If u have ANY questions or comments...feel free 2 ask!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I have begun 2 post the revamped rules...House 001 has already be updated! =)
    If u have ANY questions or comments...feel free 2 ask!!

Read the new stuff .... DANG!! Things sure did get revamped! Looks like I'll definitely be starting all over. No biggie. Since I haven't played in for-ever, this will just give me an excuse to try some new stuff!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 Since I know the exact house numbers I'm dealing with etc. I had the opportunity 2 assess the different aspects & "open" some different game play into The Drifter Challenge! I hope u like what I've done!
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top