Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    hotkaki wrote: »
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    @hotkaki
    You will need the occult module of the command centre mod if it's working after the latest game patch. @egwarhammer will be able to help you with this.

Yes I have it in my mods folder, i changed the odds preferences to the highest abduction rated but nothing happened :(

@hotkaki
    That's odd, I haven't used that particular module for a while so all I can suggest is waiting for one of the other members that does use it to advise you. Sorry I can't be of more help. Have you tried searching the forum for other threads relating to this?
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    cshaner wrote: »
    Just to clarify, after every patch it's a good idea to reinstall MCCC right? I leave my settings file in place but I cut out all the previous modules etc then I download the latest files (I always just use the base MCCC with all modules too). Then I unpack and dump them in my mods folder. Does this seem correct?
    That's the correct process for updating or reinstalling the mod, but it's not necessary to reinstall the mod after every game update unless there's a new mod update needed for that patch. I would suggest turning off auto updates for the game and not updating it until DP has confirmed that the mod is working or puts out a new update for it.
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    @hotkaki
    You will need the occult module of the command centre mod if it's working after the latest game patch. @egwarhammer will be able to help you with this.

Yes I have it in my mods folder, i changed the odds preferences to the highest abduction rated but nothing happened :(

@hotkaki
    That's odd, I haven't used that particular module for a while so all I can suggest is waiting for one of the other members that does use it to advise you. Sorry I can't be of more help. Have you tried searching the forum for other threads relating to this?

Yes I read a few in a few threads I found that since one of the latest updates the creators turned down massively the chance to get abducted and I read that many other players say that now it's nearly impossible for their sims to get abducted,like me. A few wrote that they did get abducted once or twice since the update but no pregnancy and even a few had succeeded getting pregnant but these comments were really rare and most people wrote that they just can't get abducted. However those who succeeded didn't wrote that they do something special that I didn't do, they just had more luck. It's really annoying and sad that the creators took away this because it's an amazing content that many people I've since sims 2 and now it's ruined for many of us.
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    Love** using since sims 2
    @hotkaki
    The best I can do is put the module on my game and try it out. It will be the next few days before I can tell you what I find out. Hopefully by then @egwarhammer or someone else on this thread could have answered your questions :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello @hotkaki
    I have posted again in your thread. I will repost here what I wrote there.

Hello
    There was an issue with the abduction settings in the mod since the latest patches.
    This is what Deaderpool , the creator of the mod , wrote about the issue on the download site.
    Updated to 2.15.0. Change notes are posted down near the bottom of the download description
    NOTE that there is a bug in 2.15.0 for setting Alien Abduction Frequency in MC Occult!! The Occult_AlienFrequency setting in mc_settings.cfg will have to be manually changed for this release with a text-file editor. The values available for that setting are listed below in the MC Occult section!

Simmers on the help thread will help you to fix the settings.

• MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    @hotkaki Are you trying to increase the alien abduction frequency? If so there's a bug in which you can't change it in game.
    Quoting myself from another thread...
    MistyDove wrote: »
    I think you're running into this bug? From here http://modthesims.info/d/551680
    Updated to 2.15.0. Change notes are posted down near the bottom of the download description
    NOTE that there is a bug in 2.15.0 for setting Alien Abduction Frequency in MC Occult!! The Occult_AlienFrequency setting in mc_settings.cfg will have to be manually changed for this release with a text-file editor. The values available for that setting are listed below in the MC Occult section!
    Set how often "Alien Contact" interactions may cause results like Alien Abduction, Alien Visits and phonecalls. "0" = Zero abductions (Contact option on satellite never enables and Prevent Abductions will remain in effect constantly once chosen). "N" = Normal EA settings. "H" = High chance of abductions and visits (the Contact option on the satellite never disables). "A" = Abductions almost constantly depending on the Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions setting.

Here's how to change it.
    • Find mc_settings.cfg file
    • Open it with a text editor ex. notepad
    • Scroll down until you see Occult_AlienFrequency it should say "Occult_AlienFrequency": "N", change the N to your desired settings as described above N= normal Ea H= high contact A= constant abductions
      *Tip* To find it quicker in notepad press CTRL and F, a find window should pop up, in the "find what" box paste in this, Occult_AlienFrequency, then click find next and press cancel to close the find window or you could just scroll down until you see it
    • If I want it to be the highest frequency then change the "N" to "A"
    • It should now read as "Occult_AlienFrequency": "A",
    • Now save. In notepad click File > Save
    • Close your text editor and boot up your game
    Sorry if my explanation was pretty wordy but I'm pretty sure I explained that well

Thank you @rosemow :)
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Hey everyone! Is there anyone who knows if there is a fast way to check for updates and update? Thanks!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    @Taquanda Do you mean how to check whether MC Command Center needs an update?
    You can always check here http://modthesims.info/d/551680 Deaderpool has the current version of MC Command Center in bold at the top. The current version is 2.15.0 Also, egwarhammer typically posts or has a link in her signature of the most up to date MC
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    MistyDove wrote: »
    @Taquanda Do you mean how to check whether MC Command Center needs an update?
    You can always check here http://modthesims.info/d/551680 Deaderpool has the current version of MC Command Center in bold at the top. The current version is 2.15.0 Also, egwarhammer typically posts or has a link in her signature of the most up to date MC

Great! Thanks.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    @hotkaki

@hotkaki

Yes I read a few in a few threads I found that since one of the latest updates the creators turned down massively the chance to get abducted and I read that many other players say that now it's nearly impossible for their sims to get abducted,like me. A few wrote that they did get abducted once or twice since the update but no pregnancy and even a few had succeeded getting pregnant but these comments were really rare and most people wrote that they just can't get abducted. However those who succeeded didn't wrote that they do something special that I didn't do, they just had more luck. It's really annoying and sad that the creators took away this because it's an amazing content that many people I've since sims 2 and now it's ruined for many of us.

Don't forget that there is one setting for getting more alien abductions, and another for pregnancy rate by abduction.
    If I recall correctly there is one to set what age groups get abducted and pregnant as well.

The default settings for the occult are:
    "Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": false,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 6,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyAges": "YA,A",
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 22,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "N",
    "Occult_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    "Occult_MaximumAliens": -1,
    "Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions": 24,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 30,

The settings you might need to have a look at are:

"Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E", and "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 30, and also "Occult_AlienFrequency": "N", probably.
    Dont forget to backup your mc_settings.cfg file before going editing any of these.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    Hi just wanted to ask if I want family relationships with each other but I dont want the town to have family relationships hope tht make sence help please
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Now that my game has updated, do I need to do anything to update MC Command Center as well?
    Now that my game has updated, do I need to do anything to update MC Command Center as well?
    @LenaDieters11 Command Center is good with this update, so there's nothing extra you'll need to do for it.
    Hi just wanted to ask if I want family relationships with each other but I dont want the town to have family relationships hope tht make sence help please
    @NikkiKaur15 I'm not sure I understand what you're asking- could you try explaining it in a different way?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Do you have the module that we can't talk about on this forum, the one that's available on MTS' sister site? If so, there's an update for that due to the latest patch.
  • NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    Okay errmm how do I get sims moving less to houses
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Okay errmm how do I get sims moving less to houses

You're wanting to stop the NPC Sims (the homeless) to quit moving into houses?
    2 things you can do. Under game options, disable fill empty homes.
    With MC Command Center, you can increase the number of empty homes, and the number of homeless.
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    cshaner wrote: »
    Just to clarify, after every patch it's a good idea to reinstall MCCC right? I leave my settings file in place but I cut out all the previous modules etc then I download the latest files (I always just use the base MCCC with all modules too). Then I unpack and dump them in my mods folder. Does this seem correct?
    That's the correct process for updating or reinstalling the mod, but it's not necessary to reinstall the mod after every game update unless there's a new mod update needed for that patch. I would suggest turning off auto updates for the game and not updating it until DP has confirmed that the mod is working or puts out a new update for it.

Thanks @Pegasus143 as always - I appreciate you're help.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    Hi everyone, does anyone know how many ancestral homes a person can have per town? I have four different families so I'm hoping that each family can have their own ancestral home.
    Hi everyone, does anyone know how many ancestral homes a person can have per town? I have four different families so I'm hoping that each family can have their own ancestral home.
    As far as I know, you could have an ancestral home on every lot if you'd like.
    edited October 2016
    Thank you @Pegasus143. Another question I have is about evicting ghosts; will thier families still remember them and will they still show up in their living relatives genealogy?
    Thank you @Pegasus143. Another question I have is about evicting ghosts; will thier families still remember them and will they still show up in their living relatives genealogy?
    Sorry, I don't have a ton of experience with ghosts- I've never actually sent one to the netherworld before. If you mean evicting them out of houses, there's no reason why their families shouldn't remember them.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top