Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    -What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

I'd have to say Pets. I especially love playing with horses! (Hence my username :tongue: ) Generations added a lot of fun things, too.

-What is your favorite thing about the game?

Trying to play through many generations!

-Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

On my current game, I'm trying not to use cheats. However, I have used testingcheats to easily edit Sims and will use resetSim if the need arises.

-Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

I doubt I know anything that the people here don't!

-Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I have not bought TS4 yet, but I did play the demo and played it with a friend who has it. I love the way you can customize sims' bodies and the hairstyle options are great, but I don't care for the overall look of the game.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member

I'd have to say Pets. I especially love playing with horses! (Hence my username :tongue: ) Generations added a lot of fun things, too.

On my current game, I'm trying not to use cheats. However, I have used testingcheats to easily edit Sims and will use resetSim if the need arises.

-Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I have not bought TS4 yet, but I did play the demo and played it with a friend who has it. I love the way you can customize sims' bodies and the hairstyle options are great, but I don't care for the overall look of the game.

Hello @horseygirl24 :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again :)
    Pets is a great sims 3 EP! It is nice seeing cats, dogs and horses as animal members of the sims household. Our sims enjoy riding their horses in our game. You would especially enjoy having Pets EP, with your love for horses reflected in your user name.
    The unicorns are so very pretty also!
    Happy simming! :)
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @horseygirl24 :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again :)
    Pets is a great sims 3 EP! It is nice seeing cats, dogs and horses as animal members of the sims household. Our sims enjoy riding their horses in our game. You would especially enjoy having Pets EP, with your love for horses reflected in your user name.

Hello again, and thanks!

Yes, I love the unicorns! Having animals in the Sims adds so much fun for me. :smiley:

Hello again, and thanks!

Yes, I love the unicorns! Having animals in the Sims adds so much fun for me. :smiley:

You're welcome :)
  • AdornedSimsAdornedSims Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello! New member in the house, hitting up the new member threads ^_^ Thanks for all of your hard work <3

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? Get to work! I'm looking all the careers that we can be active in. Hopefully there will be a veterinarian career.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? CAS! It's the best character customization system/interface/or w/e you want to call it that I've seen in a long time. Only rivaled by Perfect World International imo.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I do XD I try not to but I give in lol. I love testingcheats true so I can teleport sims, bb.moveobjects, freerealestate on and cas.fulleditmode.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Um....don't let the fantasy become your reality... it's just a game so get out and enjoy life.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I did buy it! My favorite things are CAS because I create characters for my stories with it and the modablity of the game. My least favorite things are that the genetics of the game suck. There is no way to have true biracial sims and that it's seems so compartmentalized and that there is no Pets EP yet XD. In any case, it's still an awesome game that I can't seem to put down.
    Hello @AdornedSims :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again :)

Get to Work is a great Sims 4 EP! The active careers are enjoyable to go with our sims to work and see them perform career tasks through their work day! Setting up retail stores to sell a variety of items is very enjoyable and fun also.
    Creating sims in CAS is a very special part of simming! It is great that we can use the CAS tools to create simversions of ourselves, family members , friends and celebrities also, It is nice then deciding on what outfits that they will wear for the various categories.
    Cheats are often very helpful to use in the game. Moo helps us to express our creativity whilst building.
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Hi there. I'm still newish.

What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    It's a toss up between Pets, Late Night and Supernatural. I love animals irl, so I love having kitties and dogs and horses and the minor pets in the sims. (if I could have a rabbit minor pet or have the deer and raccoons it'd be waay too close to home.) Late night just added so much with Bridgeport, and bands. I loved bar hoping, Getting gigs, trying be a star. And Supernatural Just because it added sooo much. Clothes, hair, the supernaturals it was great. Being a witch or a fairy was tons of fun. (the zombies were so annoying though.

What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Playing through generations and seeing the world around you. I loved plopping in other families in edit town mode and just watching them go about their day to day life. Also Seeing Link or Sailor moon walking about town is great. Nothing better than the concesion stand being tended by Kakashi.

[bDo you play with cheats? If so, which ones?][/b]
    I try to avoid using cheats, but if I feel like messing around in my non serious families then I'll use motherlode, or make all happy.

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    No, not really

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes, I did buy the sims 4. My favorite things are the CAS and build modes, it's great how you can customize. I also enjoy how animated sims are when they talk and do things. It's a more cartoonish style than the sims 3 but I dig it. My least favorite thing is, well, basically what everyone complains about. (No color wheels, no open world, no cars, no open world, no T-word.) So far I've enjoyed the expansions, and am looking forward to City Life, so I'll enjoy sims 4 more once pets, seasons and a supernatural like pack comes out. (Just give me witches and vampires and I'll be happy.)
    Hi there. I'm still newish.

It's a toss up between Pets, Late Night and Supernatural. I love animals irl, so I love having kitties and dogs and horses and the minor pets in the sims. (if I could have a rabbit minor pet or have the deer and raccoons it'd be waay too close to home.) Late night just added so much with Bridgeport, and bands. I loved bar hoping, Getting gigs, trying be a star. And Supernatural Just because it added sooo much. Clothes, hair, the supernaturals it was great. Being a witch or a fairy was tons of fun. (the zombies were so annoying though.

Playing through generations and seeing the world around you. I loved plopping in other families in edit town mode and just watching them go about their day to day life. Also Seeing Link or Sailor moon walking about town is great. Nothing better than the concesion stand being tended by Kakashi.

[bDo you play with cheats? If so, which ones?][/b]
    I try to avoid using cheats, but if I feel like messing around in my non serious families then I'll use motherlode, or make all happy.

No, not really

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes, I did buy the sims 4. My favorite things are the CAS and build modes, it's great how you can customize. I also enjoy how animated sims are when they talk and do things. It's a more cartoonish style than the sims 3 but I dig it. My least favorite thing is, well, basically what everyone complains about. (No color wheels, no open world, no cars, no open world, no T-word.) So far I've enjoyed the expansions, and am looking forward to City Life, so I'll enjoy sims 4 more once pets, seasons and a supernatural like pack comes out. (Just give me witches and vampires and I'll be happy.)

Hello @Misa_wants_Pepsi :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Pets, Late Night and Supernatural are great expansion packs! They add many enjoyable and fun features, activtities, new venues and new types of sims to the game! The items from build/buy mode and CAS are great to use in our builds and for our sims. It is enjoyable creating and playing as different types of supernatural sims and it is nice having pets as members of sims households.
    I am looking forward to Sims 4 City Living also! It sounds great! It has been nice reading the different blog posts on the EP and the video casts are very informative. Creating sims and building homes in Sims 4 are special parts of simming! We can express our crreativity and have fun playing the game also!
  • blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I don't own many stuff packs, only Romantic Garden and Backyard Stuff -- the latter of which is my favourite because I like the shark sliding... thing. I have completely forgotten what they're called... As for EPs, I'm not sure. I like Get To Work, but it does feel quite limited. I love the items from Get Together.
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Building. :') I've spent most of my hours in TS4 building stuff, which I now upload onto my YouTube channel @blossombomb! c:
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Only the bb. cheats for building.
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows more than me about Sims! :') I'm kind of a newbie. But since it took me ages to find out: to switch to quarter tiles in TS4, it's ctrl + f. ;)
    5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yup, I bought it! I'm not a fan of how limited it is, particularly in base game. I feel it should have weather and seasons as well as pets in base game. I'd like it if relationships were more in-depth and it wasn't so easy to rebuild negative relationships. But I love building things; I've had so much fun with that aspect of it. I also like to create characters and make up back stories, which is why I'm really looking forward to City Living.
    xyIcMqt.png
    Hello @blossombombs :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again !

Romantic Gardens and Backyard Stuff are great stuff packs! The items that come with these packs are very nice to use in our builds for the backyard areas and when designing parks or community lots for our sims to enjoy visiting. The wishing well, water fountain, bird feeder and slippery slide are great interactive items for our sims to enjoy using. The spinning flowers look very pretty!

The quarter tiles tip is very helpful to use when building. Thankyou for your helpfulness to fellow simmers , by posting the keys tip. :)

Happy simming and building! :)
  • Magicboo1221Magicboo1221 Posts: 36 New Member
    Hi... So a newbie over here :smile:

I've always loved seasons in the past sim games but for sims 4 I would have to say get together is my favourite EP, I loved the whole idea of creating clubs even though I hardly use that feature anymore,but I liked the variety of the new items I would definitely say I'm a decor kind of person when it comes to the sims. As for SP I like the backyard stuff and the vibe of summer it gives.

My favourite thing would have to be create a sim and all the new hair and clothes what comes with the expansion packs and stuff packs, as I mentioned I love the decor side of stuff so getting new items for my sims houses is always a favourite thing for me also.

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I try not to use them but if I do it's usually just for decorating/building purposes ( because sometimes you just need to redecorate your whole house.

Even though I've been playing sims for a long while I wouldn't say I actually have any.

Yes I have the sims 4 I like overall how it looks and the emotions is a good idea, least favourite would have to be the lack of stuff it has but I'm always patiently waiting and currently can't wait for the new EP.
    Hi... So a newbie over here :smile:

I've always loved seasons in the past sim games but for sims 4 I would have to say get together is my favourite EP, I loved the whole idea of creating clubs even though I hardly use that feature anymore,but I liked the variety of the new items I would definitely say I'm a decor kind of person when it comes to the sims. As for SP I like the backyard stuff and the vibe of summer it gives.

My favourite thing would have to be create a sim and all the new hair and clothes what comes with the expansion packs and stuff packs, as I mentioned I love the decor side of stuff so getting new items for my sims houses is always a favourite thing for me also.

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I try not to use them but if I do it's usually just for decorating/building purposes ( because sometimes you just need to redecorate your whole house.

Even though I've been playing sims for a long while I wouldn't say I actually have any.

Yes I have the sims 4 I like overall how it looks and the emotions is a good idea, least favourite would have to be the lack of stuff it has but I'm always patiently waiting and currently can't wait for the new EP.

Hello @Magicboo1221 :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again!

Get together is a great EP! It is enjoyable having our sims become part of clubs. Windenburg is a very scenic world. It is a very nice place for our sims to enjoy living in or visiting. It is always exciting to look at the new build /buy mode and CAS items that come with the EP, game and stuff packs! It is nice then using the items when playing our game in live mode, or to use when bullding homes or venues, or when creating sims in CAS.
    Creating sims is very enjoyable! It is fun deciding on what outfits they will wear for the different clothing categories .It is great that we can design up to five outfits for each category.
  • phanisixx777phanisixx777 Posts: 38 Member
    hiya! new to forums, not to sims
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Hi all, new to forum not to sims as well. Been simming on and off since 2001.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    taratownie wrote: »

Hello @taratownie :) Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads and enjoy sharing about your simming experiences as you post on the threads.
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    taratownie wrote: »

Hello @taratownie :) Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads and enjoy sharing about your simming experiences as you post on the threads.

Thanks @rosemow I will. I totally forgot to answer the questions oops. My favorite EP is Island Paradise, I think, l like all the things sunny and beachy. Favorite thing in game is a hard question, open world maybe. At least the lack of it seriously bugs me when playing TS2 or TS4. I use build mode cheats when building, when playing I do use resetsim when someone gets stuck. I do have a tip to share: latest thing I discovered in game was that in build mode you can shift-ctrl-click the nectary rack to make it buyable or tasteable. I bought Sims 4 yes, my favorite parts in it are two cheats the one that makes object bigger or smaller and move objects that allows placing objects in different heights. I also like grafting in gardening skill. Things that I don't like in it are lack of open world, no color wheel and no toddlers. Don't get me wrong, I have played it and intend to play more. Overall I think I like TS3 a bit more, however.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why?
    My current favourite EP is Get Together, but that will probably change once I get City Living! I love the aspect of bringing my sims together for club meetings and having them hang out for as long as I need them to. I also love seeing other clubs gathering, those who I'm not controlling. It really brings a sense of livelihood to my game.

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    I'm not sure if I can limit myself to just one thing because it's a combination of things that really gets me appreciating. One of them being the scenery. The game is really pretty and I can't help but take many, MANY screenshots. I also enjoy how populated the world feels. I enjoy seeing all the sims that I've made walking along the roads or at parks.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    cas.fulleditmode and MOO. They are simply a must!

Occasionally, I'll use hideheadlineeffects for taking screenshots.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Nope!

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    Yep! See question 2. To add to that my main story revolves around 10 teenagers. I love when I'm playing a certain teen and I get a call or text from another member of the friend group. It makes me feel like they're all really good friends ^^

My least favourite this has got to be all the bugs. It can get pretty unbearable at times.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    Hello @HopeyStarr :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming! " again :)
    It is nice that you are enjoying having Get Together in your game. The clubs system is great! It is enjoyable creating clubs and having our sims join in club gatherings. Windenburg is a very scenic world!
    Moo is a very helpful cheat to use in the game! It allows us to express our creativity in a variety of ways.
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    brandi22 wrote: »
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    To be entirely honest I'm not clear on what those mean, though I assume it is probably Expansion Pack and Stuff Pack. If I'm right about that then I would say... I'm not sure, I've been enjoying them all(of the ones I have that is) and don't really have any I could say is my "favorite".
    On a related note I bought "Dragon Valley" at about the same time as the more recent of the DDOS attacks occurred and it was messed up badly enough that not even tech support could get it working. They have sent it on to some specialists and in the meantime as an apology for it taking so long gave me another free expansion pack(Island Paradise) and I'm certainly not going to complain about getting a $19.99 product for free, even if I have to wait a while to get the one I paid for. :p
    Some Questions to Get You Started2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Probably the building aspects, I find myself spending most of a day on each house I build.
    Some Questions to Get You Started3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I tend to take advantage of the shift-click teleporting available while "testingcheatsenabled true" is in effect fairly often, and when building a new house I'll often use "familyfunds" because it gets so expensive so fast.
    Some Questions to Get You Started4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    To build walls along a staircase first delete the existing angled ones that come with the staircase and you can usually then build normal walls in their place, also to connect a basement and a house that is on(or will be on) a foundation you need to build the staircase outside the foundation to get to ground-level then build the foundation around it, that won't be able to go far enough to touch the staircase but you can then build a shorter staircase from ground-level and the floor-level, delete the angled walls along it, activate the "constrainfloorlevel false" and place walls along the staircases that connect to the floor. They will be messed up but if you go to the floor-level and level terrain they will shrink to the height of the foundation and can be used as an extension to it. From there just build normally though I reccomend re-enabling the "constrainfloorelevation" so it doesn't cause more chaos as you go.

Also, if like me you got Sims 3 through Steam be aware that the "Create a World Tool" doesn't recognize that version but if you then register it on the store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html site it will appear on your Origin account and can be installed through that instead and the tool will then recognize it so you can use it.
    Some Questions to Get You Started5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

Nope, I'm using "The Sims 3" which I got along with a bunch of expansions when they became available on Steam and went on sale.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    Hello @Cadh20000 :) I have posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say " hello" and happy simming again!
    Your building tips are very helpful for fellow simmers! Thankyou for sharing them! :) I am sorry that you had issues with Dragon Valley. I hope that the issues are fixed for you very soon. EP and SP are expansion and stuff packs.
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    Hello @Cadh20000 :) I have posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say " hello" and happy simming again!
    Thanks!
    Your building tips are very helpful for fellow simmers! Thankyou for sharing them! :)
    Glad you think so.
    I am sorry that you had issues with Dragon Valley. I hope that the issues are fixed for you very soon. EP and SP are expansion and stuff packs.

From what I understand that pack gives people trouble normally, but usually tech support can handle it, however the DDOS attacks messed up something more than normal so they couldn't even figure out how to get it working, which is why they sent the problem report on to some specialist.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • DukeCybranDukeCybran Posts: 73 Member
    DukeCybran: It's been a pleasure coming to your interview, brandi22!
    brandi22: Thank you, DukeCybran, and welcome to our new members club.
    DukeCybran: I'll make myself at home here, so, what's my first question?
    brandi22: Let's start from your favourite EP/SP, shall we?
    DukeCybran: I like the SIMS3EP-SEASONS best, you know, the 4 seasons' alternation makes the game more real and vivid, each season corresponds to some featured activities, which impressed me much. Lotteries that you obtain via those game have further use, say, to exchange for such and such a furniture instead of spending your own cash...
    brandi22: Quite practical, I suppose.
    DukeCybran: Yea but it's super fun! Since you can't buy those souvenirs elsewhere.
    brandi22: It seems that you enjoy exploring much, speaking of which, could you please tell us what your favourite thing about the game is?
    DukeCybran: Apart from world exploring, I'm a fan of DIY. I prefer designing house myself. In SIMS 4, we can share our blueprints, that's amazing! It surely saves some time for a group of simmers while inspires imaginations of us blueprint designers.
    brandi22: Which reminds me of EP-Ambitions...
    DukeCybran: Yea I love being an designer!
    brandi22: I've got a...maybe a bit sensitive question for you, and you know you're going to answer it, so tbh I'm just trying to be polite lol.
    DukeCybran: I came outta the closet last year, so I suppose it'll be alright.
    brandi22: OK, Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    DukeCybran: Frankly, I used to lock needs of the active sims, for I would have more spare time to do more tricks.
    brandi22: No shame for that, it's an rpg game after all...And have you got any tips or tricks you want to share to us?
    DukeCybran: SAVE GAME WHILE YOU STILL CAN! As we known, the game could crash anytime for any reason, if you don't do so, you may lose all progress when the game crashes!
    brandi22: That would be dark memory of us for sure. One last question, did you buy the SIMS 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    DukeCybran: Yes I did. My favourite thing is that sims can do multiple things simultaneously, and new gallery makes us easy to share and find CC. As for shortages, first, the absence of seamless map; then, the lack of linkages between sims. You barely see another familiar household when you are controlling an activated one, programmers have filled this flaw by spawning lots of random households/npcs, but I personally don't support this trick, they may need to devote themselves more to make the game better.
    brandi22: Thank you for your attendance, DukeCybran. Looking forward to your next arrival on our show!
    DukeCybran: Thank you, brandi22.
    C4jGfkwVUAQbeSb.jpg:large
    My game ID: DukeCybran_TW;
    Language: English, Simplified/Traditional Chinese. Happy simming!
    Hello @DukeCybran :)
    You have very creatively written the interview!
    I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say again " happy simming! "
  • 44460324446032 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi i am Hannah. I been playing the sims since I was 8 I am 29 now. I decided to join forum in hope to get friends for game play. I recently got in to a car accident and is stuck at home and started playing again. I own all the sims 3 EP I love them all. I do have sims 4 but i barely play it. I there just more to do with sims 3. I cant really afford sims 4. But i hope to make new friends on here