Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited September 2016
    So, hi. I'm Jude. Getting settled into the community after 17 years of playing Sims. A late bloomer. Part of my motive is getting deals at the store, but mostly looking for fellow Simmers to share my joys and frustrations with. (Most of those years I shared all that with my now ex-husband. Joe of the JoeJude16. EA Games won't let me change it. *sigh* No one else in my life "got" me on this level. And now that he is "ex," well....)

I rabidly seek the ad SimPoints and have successfully attained several worlds and venues this way, but figured it couldn't hurt to join this part of the community as well. Once I get everything that i want, I'll just shift gears and become the gifter. And since I'm not looking to own the store, it won't take long.

@Reachsims I think I'm supposed to keep one post that i update as needed. If this got WAY too wordy, let me know and I'll split this in two, leaving one for the ongoing one. Unless I totally misunderstood the instructions.

So, my wishlist link is in my signature and here is my current Top Five

Henley Shirt with laced collar
    Aurora Musketeer Shirt
    August Mission Shirt
    Not that Chilly V-neck with Scarf
    Sharper Sim Foot Massage Chair

Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited September 2016
    @Jahnna That is a nice fairground. I do have the Boardwalk, all the Fair Folk sets, and tomorrow will have Drifter's Desire, which they seem to use a bit of. I don't have the carousel or the archery range, but I could work around the carousel the same way they do on the Midnight Hollow Toy Shoppe lot, and just do without the archery range. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Coincidentally, I'm planning on building Lots to post online and parks are high on my list. I'll have to try not to steal too much from this one. B)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    @Tamaek all the way through mid-october? That's still so far away, lol. I also need to do that, hopefully later this weekend. I really feel like I'm getting to the point that I own the store fast now thanks to all of your help! So thanks a lot everyone who has helped me!

@Hoplass yeah I had to. My sister is going in for her in hospital monitoring and they said I could take my phone and she says she doesn't mind if I or my husband catch the deals while I chill there with her but I won't have the time or ability (or really the desire) to adjust my wishlist during that time and it could last anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks to get enough data for them to figure out why she's seizing. And I also feel like I'm almost there. It feels great! I can hardly wait to be in the Own the Store club and start exclusively gifting. YAY!! ;)

@Loveandhate nice to hear from you again. Glad to hear that school is going well. Your break should be soon right? My kids start theirs Monday. They are a little excited. lol

And a huge thank you to @Xanthina, @Loveandhate, @cristill13 and @Teanias for the gifts. <3<3<3 You guys are amazing!

I've updated my wishlist and Top Five!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    OMG @Tamaek, I just took a peek at your "through mid-October" wishlist. Too funny!

I've spent the last few days scouring the Daily Deal spreadsheet and planning my DD buys through the middle of January, so I can relate. But that's as far as I've gotten so far. Well, that and creating a separate Wishlist for my own use so that generous gifters don't inadvertently gift an item from a set at full price that I'll be buying on DD.

I so hope they figure things out for your sister. Being sick is difficult enough. It is so maddening when they can't figure it out. I know from personal experience.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    caleddon and Opicana the last one i can get easy thanks guys
  • ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    @Opicana - I had a great run on ads last night, I could rotate through 10 tabs for what seemed like ages. I love it when that happens because then I can gift something big. I've never played Lunar Lakes - not even been there for a peek.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
    edited September 2016
    March 2011 Compilation says everything is checked off but the Almost Alive Hamper BUT someone gifted me the hamper its marked off on my wish list so why cant i download this set.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:34644&section=UpSell
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    OMG @Tamaek, I just took a peek at your "through mid-October" wishlist. Too funny!

I've spent the last few days scouring the Daily Deal spreadsheet and planning my DD buys through the middle of January, so I can relate. But that's as far as I've gotten so far. Well, that and creating a separate Wishlist for my own use so that generous gifters don't inadvertently gift an item from a set at full price that I'll be buying on DD.

I so hope they figure things out for your sister. Being sick is difficult enough. It is so maddening when they can't figure it out. I know from personal experience.

Haha, when I started I had an awesome time with the simpoints, they were neverending. Within a week I had already over 20,000 simpoints, but not anymore lol Now it's a real struggle to get them, however ever since the beginning I've also worked with the spreadsheet and I've been planning my DD purchases since mid/end July. At one point I had like 30 different items on the list but currently I've got 5 left on my list lasting until 8. Nov. After that I'll have to check the spreadsheet again to update. ;)
    By the way, if you've missed it or not seen it: Eliana's Daily Deal CYS Calculator can help you figure out how many simpoints are needed for a set that comes on a DD when it's eligible for CYS and you own part of the set.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    oh dam!! im missing 56 items T___T
  • sarah1114sarah1114 Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you @Teanias for the lovely Faire Folk items! I almost have the whole set thanks to you. :)

My Wishlist
    Thank you to anyone who has ever gifted me, I really appreciate it! :)
    @sarah1114, I noticed the Stiff as a Board, Light as a Feather Dance Collection in your Wishlist. Alone it costs 425 points. I don't know if you know, but on October 13 the entire Skylight Studio will be on the Daily Deal for only 532 points. I'd have loved to wait and surprise gift it to you, but you can't gift at DD prices. So I figure a heads up is the next best thing.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• sarah1114sarah1114 Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2016
    @sarah1114, I noticed the Stiff as a Board, Light as a Feather Dance Collection in your Wishlist. Alone it costs 425 points. I don't know if you know, but on October 13 the entire Skylight Studio will be on the Daily Deal for only 532 points. I'd have loved to wait and surprise gift it to you, but you can't gift at DD prices. So I figure a heads up is the next best thing.

Good to know, thanks!

Edit: Also thank you for the Faire Folk Gate. I managed to snag the rest of the set for 30SP. :)

My Wishlist
    Thank you to anyone who has ever gifted me, I really appreciate it! :)
    Okay, wow, I'm not sure which thread to post this on, but big thanks to @scillakees for Midnight Hollow!!! It was at the bottom of my gonna get list, but only because it was so pricey that I figured I'd collect other stuff first. Thank you so much.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    :# I generally keep an eye on the DD pages. But since that's not a gifting thread you can post anywhere you please. I mostly just awesome thank yous anyway. Enjoy.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hey @scillakees :smile: did you see what @joejude16 said about not wanting to own the whole store?! Didn't we all say that?! Take it from us Jude, you will want it all, even the ugly, hideous outfits that you will never use :smiley: It is part of the DD addiction I'm afraid... Don't fight it, just go with it. My suggestion too is buy Seeing Stars off of the DD when it comes up. It is not CYS enabled and any item you pick up off the DD or MMAO or get gifted if it's on your wishlist will not count against the set price, including the hypnotizer that appears often on the Weekly Sales page.

I'm glad you found this thread too Jude. I used to figure out exactly what i needed to get a set free off the DD once I took into account what individual items I could buy off the DD or owned from MMAO and whatever few items I still needed to put me to zero would go in my Top five. This thread was invaluable, I couldn't believe the generous gifters who helped me with my quest to own the store.

Such an incredible community - glad you found it :heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited October 2016
    Happy to see you around. Hope all is well with you. <3
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Hey @scillakees :smile: did you see what @joejude16 said about not wanting to own the whole store?! Didn't we all say that?! Take it from us Jude, you will want it all, even the ugly, hideous outfits that you will never use :smiley: It is part of the DD addiction I'm afraid... Don't fight it, just go with it.....

I do chuckle every time someone says that. Such a beautiful sight to see the young and innocent ones....

edit: went back and forth from Awesome and Insightful a few times. Settled on Insightful. I do wish we still had our LOLs back. It's hard making serious decisions.
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    This community is truly great. Even though I haven't been able to gift recently there are still several generous gifters and I managed to pick up Mother Russia for just 105sp. And @Scotsim thanks for the outfit, Dreams of India will now be around 60sp on the upcoming DD!
    I updated my Top 5 :-)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week! :smile:

I decided to call my 2nd lizard Maisy (thanks a lot @Teanias for the idea :blush: ), I love this name :smiley:

Also, thank you so much @Hoplass for the gifts, I really love them! :heart:
  • OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Thank you to @Hoplass and @cristill13 for my most recent gifts. <3

So, I realized the Nautical Living that is coming up later today is a really steep discount and will help me towards completing Sandy Shoals. I've updated my top 5, and wishlist with items from this set. After I purchase it today, I will take them off and I'll update again!
    Thanks to @Scotsim, I'll be getting the Nautical Living for free when it comes up on DD soon! Very exciting! <3

I've updated my top 5 again, back to working on the bayside bathroom set and the tiki outdoor party,

I've already played one Sim day today. Being a Sim parent is so much work!
    Take it from us Jude, you will want it all, even the ugly, hideous outfits that you will never use :smiley: It is part of the DD addiction I'm afraid... Don't fight it, just go with it. My suggestion too is buy Seeing Stars off of the DD when it comes up.

I won't be surprised if I catch the Own the Store bug. I did cross stitch for years, and HAD to have EVERY color of embroidery floss. Would wait for a sale and grab a handful of colors. It was nice to be able to just pick up a new pattern, bring it home and start working.

I was staring at the Seeing Stars set the other day, because of the Hypnotizer. I'll keep it in mind.

@Opicana, do you plan on getting Sandy Shoals? If you like the Nautical Living set I'm sure you'll love it like I do. My current Sims are living in that lot in Sunlit Tides. The son is getting ready to get married and I'm seriously thinking of retiring the parents to a condo and keeping the active family in the house. Of course, by now I've tweaked it with a Steam-It-Up Sauna out back (enclosed in a shack styled to match the house,) and an open air Infinite Zen Massage Table under a One with Earth Garden Gazebo.

I know, with all my new stuff I should be building, but I wish I could live in Sandy Shoals in real life, so.....

Finally, @Me1620, I MISSED Drifter's Desire this morning!!! I had put it in my phone calendar before I discovered the spreadsheet focused to my time zone. Back then I would frequently grab the wrong time zone. It is the correct time in my "Date to Remember" tab, but I wasn't playing close attention to it there, since I "knew" when that was happening. But, thanks to past purchases and everyones generosity yesterday I bought it today for 235 SP. After all that build up I just couldn't wait any longer.

Ok, time to feed the very patient cat. I'm sure I'll be back later this morning.

aka Jude

My Studio

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Opicana wrote: »
    Thank you to @Hoplass and @cristill13 for my most recent gifts. <3

So, I realized the Nautical Living that is coming up later today is a really steep discount and will help me towards completing Sandy Shoals. I've updated my top 5, and wishlist with items from this set. After I purchase it today, I will take them off and I'll update again!

For me Nautical Living will have to wait, I'm still 94 sp short. But I'm hoping to get the Eloquently Ecletic Collection when it comes up.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited October 2016
    Take it from us Jude, you will want it all, even the ugly, hideous outfits that you will never use :smiley: It is part of the DD addiction I'm afraid... Don't fight it, just go with it. My suggestion too is buy Seeing Stars off of the DD when it comes up.

I won't be surprised if I catch the Own the Store bug. I did cross stitch for years, and HAD to have EVERY color of embroidery floss. Would wait for a sale and grab a handful of colors. It was nice to be able to just pick up a new pattern, bring it home and start working.

@JoeJude16 - For the first few years that the store was operating, there were lots of sets I had no desire to own and I did not own any pieces from them. Because of the Goodie boxes (an old feature) and the MMAO machine, I began to own bits and pieces of those sets that did not suit my taste. Then in July 2013, CYS was introduced. The bug hit me hard that day. The cascading was unbelievable. Also, wonderful fellow simmers helped by gifting me items. On September 2, 2014, I joined the I Own the Store Club.
    Finally, @Me1620, I MISSED Drifter's Desire this morning!!! I had put it in my phone calendar before I discovered the spreadsheet focused to my time zone. Back then I would frequently grab the wrong time zone. It is the correct time in my "Date to Remember" tab, but I wasn't playing close attention to it there, since I "knew" when that was happening. But, thanks to past purchases and everyones generosity yesterday I bought it today for 235 SP. After all that build up I just couldn't wait any longer.
    Lots of DD stalkers set alarms on their phones. Just make sure to use silent alarms if you will be in a business meeting, at a family dinner, your friend's wedding or other places where non-simmers just wouldn't understand. Never feel bad about spending simpoints for an item. If you really want the set, spending the points now allows you to enjoy the item sooner. Also, owning Drifter's Desire, which recolours very nicely, goes towards Fortune Folly Compilation which also includes Through the Spy Glass and Through the Spy Glass Bathroom. Once you own Fortune Folly, Through the Spy Glass Bathroom is included in March 2011 Compilation. So, see how far your 235 sp will get you.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Opicana, do you plan on getting Sandy Shoals? If you like the Nautical Living set I'm sure you'll love it like I do. My current Sims are living in that lot in Sunlit Tides. The son is getting ready to get married and I'm seriously thinking of retiring the parents to a condo and keeping the active family in the house. Of course, by now I've tweaked it with a Steam-It-Up Sauna out back (enclosed in a shack styled to match the house,) and an open air Infinite Zen Massage Table under a One with Earth Garden Gazebo.

Yes, I do! I'm going to slowly work my way through all the beach/nautical sets. I hope to own the store someday, but I figured I should start with the stuff I really like, just in case they shut the store down before I can finish. I've got my eye on anything related to kids, coastal living, and farm/country living.
    Astreia wrote: »
    For me Nautical Living will have to wait, I'm still 94 sp short. But I'm hoping to get the Eloquently Ecletic Collection when it comes up.

Did you get my gift! I sent you a piece from Nautical Living! Hope you can grab it if you come back in time!