The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Studio

Comments

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2017
    A return on World Adventure. As I mentioned in another thread, anyone with access to the internet knows that neither France, China or Egypt are like what's depicted. Today's China is now heavily industrialized, and polluted, accordingly. France has town planning issues due to excessive immigration in the last twenty to thirty years, and you have to get very very very very far from the big cities to reach a small town like Champs les Sims. In Egypt, well, don't get caught trying to bring with you any chunk of rock, or, worst, any relics, like you sim do, you'd risk 20+ years of jail, and Egyptian prisons are, well... Google about them. Also, in the recent years, Egypt is war thorn.

However, all three location depicted are based on idyllic eras. For example, Al Simhara is more is less 1920s Giza Plateau, as depicted in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc and 1999 The Mummy, starring Brendan Fraser. Champs les Sims seems to be 1970s or 1980s French countryside, as depicted in the sizable cinematography produced in that period, or even latter. For example, here's a clip of Alizée's 2000 Moi ... lolita:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dDwKPGUIVME
    Alizée home appear to be set in the 1980s, while the nightclub where she dances was 1990s or contemporary (and a critic on social disparities in France). Still, you can see a resemblance between Champ les Sims, and rural France depicted in the clip. This said, as for Shang Simla, I am not well versed regarding Asian cultures, but I'd venture a guess that it's like 1960s or 1970s China, prior to the recent massive industrialization. That would explain why all resident have bikes and no cars what so ever, and only the rich bad guys have computers (by default)...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited September 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you have uploaded your French themed builds to the Exchange :)

Thanks! I have a couple more lots ready, but I'll be calling a night real soon. Some lots are recent modifications, but for some others, I've carried them away from my very very first TS3 game (Skunk Heaven Plaza, for example). Regarding the French ones, they were mostly projects or small changes I was making here and there every single time I was sending a new household to France (mainly: adding the computer and some public showers). So I sort of made a compiled version of my various modifications.

This made me realize I completely forgot to replace China's basecamp showers prior to uploading the lot, and I'll try addiing a tappenyaki table.
    It is good that the game problem that you had didn't cause too many issues with the consignments at the consignment store.

My Sims had bought well over §200k worth of French wine. Let's say that losing it all would have been quite frustrating...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Alexis's Relics
    As the other central plaza French lots, most of the lot was empty and wide open. Worst, some sections were not even finished, and HAD NO COVERING ON THE WALLS... I did restrict access to those area, but I also added a small adventure, on the ground floor. Okay, that's an easy one, but still, better that some uncovered grey walls....

roof_up_original.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and recommendations are always welcome! ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited September 2016
    Chez Pier Store & Youth Hostel (Note: Lot is not finished yet...)
    First of all, exactly the same "emptiness" problem as the other French lot. But, instead, something from Eurotrip popped into my mind, and I said, "Why not???", so I set up Eurotrip's Youth hostel (https://youtube.com/watch?v=TyFBVSylnR0) right above the relics shop.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Up next:
    • Emperor Plaza Update;
    • Chinese vacation home;
    • Shang Simla Basecamp Update;
    • The Nomad Camp of Unknown Origins;

Eventual updates:
    • The French General Store & Youth Hostel;
    • The Excavation Site/Underground Reservoir.

Postponed:
    • Mayan Travel Neighborhood
    • An Upgraded Consignment store.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Emperor's Plaza
    Just a few fixes, and added benches...

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    My Sims should be back home tomorrow!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Shang Simla Base Camp
    Well, one of the worst annoying part of editing "Base Camps" is that those lots can't be shared (or edited without using a cheat) for the whole time your household is present in that world. That's really annoying...

This said, i realized that i forgot to replace the showers. Default showers more or less prohibit common bathrooms from being "common", so I used the public ones. I also added some extra decorations.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Crane Master Martial Arts Park
    Slight modification of this promotional lot.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Han's Barn
    Slight modification of this unfinished lot. I'm likely to replace the garage door by EA's "Barn Doors", and possibly add "something" inside, most probably decent wine...

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2016
    One of my main sims got cursed while in China, so I have to get to Egypt sooner than planned. Their plane takes off in three simdays. I may also send a second household to France to help...

original.jpg

Up next:
    • Abandoned Barn;
    • Chinese vacation home (TBA);
    • The Nomad Camp of Unknown Origins (should be uploaded by next week).

Eventual updates:
    • The Excavation Site/Underground Reservoir;
    • The French General Store & Youth Hostel;
    • Han's Barn.

Postponed:
    • Mayan Travel Neighborhood
    • An Upgraded Consignment store (TBA).

Also, feel free to browse around in my studio!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    It is great that your sims are now back from their travelling. The Shang Simla lots that you have uploaded will be great for simmers to have in their game! :)
    It is great that your sims are now back from their travelling. The Shang Simla lots that you have uploaded will be great for simmers to have in their game! :)

For most of my updated lots, I just complete lots left behind incomplete by EA... Would have been great if they would have wrapped things up themselves...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Han's Barn
    I replaced the garage door, but the intended "Barn Doors" is two story high... I did however add some wine inside.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Abandonned Barn
    Okay, that "Tomb" (which is not assigned as such, though it's pretty much like Karnak) was the first one I tampered with, two years ago, main reason being it is NOT locked. However, besides some testing and trying, there's not much to do about it...

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    Okay, so, first, here are two of my longer lasting pet projects:
    The Pomegranate Library and The Excavation Site/Underground Reservoir.

The Pomegranate Library
    ...(I) quickly realized the absence of a "Library" lot in Al Simahara, so I converted one of the empty house in one. Later, I thought that it would be a good opportunity to mess with Tomb Building, so I gave it a try. The active "Mummy", and the "Island Paradise" chest are the most recent addition.

@Lexers615 - I love this lot. It is great to have a library full of skill books while your Sims are on vacation. I don't want to give anything away about the tomb. It was fun to figure it out. I am glad I had two sims explore it together. If this was your first opportunity to mess with tomb building, well, I think you are ready to design larger tombs.
    The Excavation Site/Underground Reservoir
    I quickly realized that something else was missing: a pool, as my sim almost always have a wish to "Go to the Pool". I decided to give him a treat and set one in Al Simahra. It is meant to be an ancient Egyptian reservoir recently excavated and turned into a pool. Again, it's a very basic tomb, with a rather generous amount of Ancient coins hidden inside. There is some issue about the "Mummy", as the room is too small, so I might fix when my sims travel back home.

I don't know if you can control and limit the number of NPC Sims that visit the lot. Not long after my Sim arrived at the lot, the pool filled up with NPC Sims. I wouldn't want the lot to be "no visitors allowed" though. While this tomb is small, you definitely were generous with the treasures and coins hidden inside. I wondered why the Mummy didn't attack my Sim.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Lexers615 - I love this lot. It is great to have a library full of skill books while your Sims are on vacation. I don't want to give anything away about the tomb. It was fun to figure it out. I am glad I had two sims explore it together. If this was your first opportunity to mess with tomb building, well, I think you are ready to design larger tombs.

"Libraries" are a must, and sometimes, when nearly everyone in the household have a "Partnership Certificate" and/or the "Prepared Traveler" reward, travel duration can be incredibly long. At the moment, the minimum duration for my sims is 27 days, I think... Back then, it was about 15, so they had plenty of time to do something else, so I thought skill building was appropriate. As for the tomb, it was not my very first, but one of them. I am considering *eventually* doing big tombs, after my Maya neighborhood pet project.
    I don't know if you can control and limit the number of NPC Sims that visit the lot. Not long after my Sim arrived at the lot, the pool filled up with NPC Sims. I wouldn't want the lot to be "no visitors allowed" though.

The problem, like in France, is that the NPC have nowhere to go, so they all go to the few public lots they can. In France, that's why the "Nectary" is always a "Hotspot": NPCs have nowhere else to go on their idle time. If I'm right, adding lots where NPCs can go should reduce "traffic" accordingly... I'm considering trying to convert one of the "Fishing Spots" into a "Beach". That way, Egyptian NPCs would have another lot to go to. At least, in China, NPCs can go to the "Chinese Garden" and "Academy".
    While this tomb is small, you definitely were generous with the treasures and coins hidden inside.

Well, back then I didn't really knew the actual value of ancient coins, and I never rebalanced it ever since...
    I wondered why the Mummy didn't attack my Sim.

That's because the "Mummy" is trapped in a room that is too small, as hostile tomb "Mummies" can't use doors. The game can't find a place to set the "Fight!" interaction. I need to move the sarcophagus and rework the room a bit.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I have to go out of town for the weekend, and then I'll be into books for the midterm exams. I have to delay some uploads...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    I have to go out of town for the weekend, and then I'll be into books for the midterm exams. I have to delay some uploads...

Hello
    I hope that your studying and midterm exams go very well :)
    Thanks!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    f I did not have enough trouble already, I just had a "system corruption" issue that forces me to change my user account on Windows...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    The Unidentified Camp WORK IN PROGRESS
    That one is a reconstruction of what was one of my longer lasting carried-over project, though last existing version got lost a year ago when my key family game got severely corrupted.

I see a lot of potention in the World of Wonder Carousel Collection, but not as a circus tent. First though was a Nomad Camp in the middle of the desert, but the Egyptian world is to small for it to have a decent visual effect. Second thing in my mind was a military tent or a military "tents city". That's pretty much at that point that I lost my game. So here's what I could call the third version, though still incomplete (1st was the nomads', second the green cammo tents, and now the desert cammo tents. If you're interested, I've uploaded in my studio three versions of the tent components (military green fabric, green cammo, and desert cammo) to my studio.

roof_up_original.jpg

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited January 2017
    I just had a very inspirational vacation in Mexico, and came up with 5 new lots projects and two recollection of past projects:
    New Ones
    • Wreck of the SNNS Angry Llama (Dive Spot);
    • A large wreck that sims could go inside underwater (Will require a lot of testing though, and I could use any info on what other people managed to build underwater regarding walls, doors and such) (Dive Spot); (Impossible due to restrictions to underwater lots, would require massive CC, which is out of my reach)
    • A Haunted House (For an adventure at home) (No Visitors Allowed);
    • A Haunted House that would morph over the year, with a seasonal lot marker) (No Visitors Allowed);
    • A diving Pool (A "Pool" that would be two or three stories deep to allow sims to "Dive" in it (Pool).

Recollections
    • Wreck of the marauder (Dive Spot);
    • "Grimm's Ghastly Mansion"'s catacombs (Graveyard).
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg