Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

macOS thread - now including 10.14 Mojave

BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
Click the link for the macOS version you are running:

macOS Mojave 10.14

macOS High Sierra 10.13

macOS Sierra 10.12

Each post has OS specific issues posted.

If you have encountered an issue since updating to a newer version of macOS please can you report it here. Please provide the following:
  • macOS version
  • Mac specs. (model, year, processor, RAM, graphics)
  • Have you upgraded from a previous version of OS X or have you done a fresh install?
  • Which Expansion/Game/Stuff Packs you have installed
apple-signature.png
Post edited by BluebellFlora on

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2017
    - macOS Sierra info post -

Issue:
    The graphics in game go crazy, and the game will sometimes crash. This was also a problem in El Capitan.
    Cause:
    (most probably) Built in driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics cards with 512 MB VRAM (possibly 1024 MB VRAM too)
    Solution:
    To update your graphics driver manually from NVIDIA's website. Full walk through here.

Issue:
    Saved games not loading.
    Cause:
    iCloud Drive settings have moved your Documents folder from your Mac to iCloud. The game will look for saved games in your local Documents folder and if it cannot find any it will load a new game.
    Solution:
    Please read this stickied help thread at AHQ for more details.
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
  • ElepridymalElepridymal Posts: 16 New Member
    Sierra relised. Who updated?
    I've updated, Sims 4 runs as normal, no problems at all.
    apple-signature.png
  • Victoria0242Victoria0242 Posts: 7 New Member
    I've updated to Sierra, and I can't find any of my sims folders anywhere. Started to look for the mods so I could add some more custom content, and now I can't find any of the folders. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of a solution?
  • Victoria0242Victoria0242 Posts: 7 New Member
    Disregard my last comment. I figured out my problem. It had nothing to do with Sierra
  • CalaquendiCalaquendi Posts: 11 New Member
    do you guys play the origin version then? ;P
    Calaquendi wrote: »

There's another version?

apple-signature.png

There's another version?

Right!?
    @BluebellFlora Just ignore me.. the wink was hinting at people potentially using dubious versions.
    @BluebellFlora Just ignore me.. the wink was hinting at people potentially using dubious versions.

Yeah, I have no help or sympathy for people using pirated copies :)

apple-signature.png
    I updated Sierra yesterday and TS4 runs better, than on El Capitan! I played before on low grafics, and now I play on medium grafics. But they still didn't fix Nvidia grafics :( I hoped, that they fixed it, because the game runs better on default grafics, but the game grashes
    I updated Sierra yesterday and TS4 runs better, than on El Capitan! I played before on low grafics, and now I play on medium grafics. But they still didn't fix Nvidia grafics :( I hoped, that they fixed it, because the game runs better on default grafics, but the game grashes

So are you using the driver downloaded from NVIDIA's site? If so which version is it? I updated to 367.15.10.05f01 when prompted after upgrading to Sierra but my Mac kernel panicked a few times - not good! So I've reverted back to the OS driver which is version 355.10.05.05b16
    apple-signature.png
  • LulaPetulaLulaPetula Posts: 2 New Member
    Updating now :) ! wish me luck!
  • absin0901absin0901 Posts: 44 Member
    Good post
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I updated to 367.15.10.05f01 when prompted after upgrading to Sierra but my Mac kernel panicked a few times - not good! So I've reverted back to the OS driver which is version 355.10.05.05b16

Same, here.

dizzydee_k wrote: »
    I updated to 367.15.10.05f01 when prompted after upgrading to Sierra but my Mac kernel panicked a few times - not good! So I've reverted back to the OS driver which is version 355.10.05.05b16

Same, here.

Interesting. Which Mac do you have? I have the 2012 15" MBP (9,1)

apple-signature.png

So are you using the driver downloaded from NVIDIA's site? If so which version is it? I updated to 367.15.10.05f01 when prompted after upgrading to Sierra but my Mac kernel panicked a few times - not good! So I've reverted back to the OS driver which is version 355.10.05.05b16
    I have 307 update

I have 307 update

I don't understand... The Sierra driver is 367.x the El Capitan is 346.x. Where have you got 307 from?
    apple-signature.png
  • ZaidsimsZaidsims Posts: 1 New Member
    I updated to Sierra and using the NVidia web driver 367.15.10.05f01, the game runs well as usual but having a little glitch on walls with the brick texture, only when moon or sun light hits them, so weird. I have an iMac 27inch, late 2012.
  • I'm having an issue, after updating to Sierra the documents-folder was automatically re-located to icloud drive and is not in the macintosh hard-drive anymore it seems? So when I went to load my game on Origin, I can't press play, it just says "download"! Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Interesting. Which Mac do you have? I have the 2012 15" MBP (9,1)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
    Resolution: 2560 x 1440
    VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

I've been using the OS driver. My game settings are all medium except lighting which is at the highest. It all seems to run fine in Sierra, but I feel like it does run a little hotter. I use a fan utility TG Pro to keep things cooler.

I'm about a 100 years old so I don't tend to play for long stretches - an hour at the most - and have not had any unusual problems (I.E. Mac specific problems) since reverting to the OS driver.

My Granddaughters often play for a couple of hours building and plotting. They are finding that the game is more prone to crashes and spinning beach balls since I updated to Sierra.

Waiting to see if the next NVIDIA update is an improvement.
    I'm having an issue, after updating to Sierra the documents-folder was automatically re-located to icloud drive and is not in the macintosh hard-drive anymore it seems? So when I went to load my game on Origin, I can't press play, it just says "download"! Does anyone know how to fix this?

I think you can go into Setting, iCloud, iCloud Drive Options and uncheck Desktop & Documents Folders. However, I would recommend that you have your documents and desktop backed up to an external drive - a simple thumb drive will work. This feature is new in Sierra and I'm not sure I'd trust it just yet. Once your documents are back locally you should be able to play normally.
  • slydog857slydog857 Posts: 68 Member
    I’ve not even tried updating to macOS Sierra on my main partition incase problems with this or my other games arise, I’d rather be safe and keep using El Capitain for now.
    Specs:
    i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition: GTX 1080 8GB
    16GB RAM
    2 x 1TB HDD - Toshiba @ 7200 Rpm

maxresdefault.jpg
    edited October 2016
    Thanks @dizzydee_k I hope NVIDIA fix the driver soon.

@illustratedhappiness whether or not your Sims 4 data is in your Documents folder won't affect whether the game says Download or not in Origin as it's just user data, the game data is in your Applications folder. If something changed in the Applications folder then it would say Download. Great feedback though. I didn't enable iCloud Drive as I'm always very wary of any automatic cloud storage. I use Dropbox and MacDropAny to sync my game across multiple Macs but it doesn't store the data in the cloud, it just looks for updated files and then updates them across my machines.
    apple-signature.png

I have 307 update

I don't understand... The Sierra driver is 367.x the El Capitan is 346.x. Where have you got 307 from?

Yes, it is 367, I missclicked