Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ABNORMALITY- SEASON 5!!! (INTERACTIVE REALITY SHOW) EPISODE 11 IS UP NOW!!! (NEW EPISODE UP NOW)

Comments

• KingSmartiesKingSmarties Posts: 899 Member
    I'm not really back, but I'm taking the time to catch up on a few things. Yay! I'll post some stuff soon.

Lo! It's good to see you again :) I hope everything is okay for you, I know you've been going through some rough times lately and want you to know we all hope your situation gets better. I'm always a message away if you need to talk :)
    I've just been reading through all the comments and I'm happy everyone has enjoyed this episode :)

I have to agree and say it is definitely the 'juiciest' episode so far :)
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Turner wrote: »
    Reading the new episode now, but I just wanted to mention something on the last one first...

So, I'm not one to shy away from taboo or controversial subjects, so I wanted to discuss this quote of Ricky's:
    "Well I thought I was gay... I had a boyfriend. I realized though that I just wasn't into guys after a while."

I've had a problem with the validity of "blurred sexuality" for awhile now. I simply believe it doesn't exist. I guess "experimenting" is a thing (although I think it's weird. I will never in my life be sexually attracted to the female body. I know that. My sexuality isn't fluid, and I have a hard time believing that other people's are), but thinking you were gay, and then realizing you aren't? I feel like you have to know what you like.... How do you not? I look at pizza and know I love it. I look at broccoli and know I don't. Not a perfect comparison, but still. :lol:

I do like the idea of Ricky becoming a bit more dynamic in his character, but again, I'm not sure I believe this. I've heard people call others "late bloomers", meaning, they didn't know their sexuality until their late TEENS. But how? I don't understand that. I knew what I was BEFORE puberty, and afterwards it just became a heck of a lot clearer :joy:

So if anyone is more knowing on the subject, and less ignorant than I am, I would love to be educated a bit more here. But I've always hated this notion that sexuality is fluid. Sure, a bisexual person might be feeling more into women one day, and men the next, but they are still plum, that didn't change. What I don't like is when people don't realize their sexuality, when they are in fact old enough to know.

But while we're on that episode, this conversation was hilarious XD
    Dr. Malik: Don't even think about it! Oh wait, you said... oh. Yeah right.
    Tristan: Ewwwww you dirtey birdey, soooo not funney.
    Dr. Malik: I'm pretty sure it's not me, you need to word your sentences better.

^True. He really does need to word his sentences better, or else Malik will think wrongly :p

Sexuality isn't something you realise instantly... If you do, good for you, I'm happy for you... But its just like realising you don't like something AFTER you try it... Like, I myself am not one to talk about this topic much... I like both genders... Neither genders... I can't explain it XD
    I'm not attracted to anyone (except my partner) and it took me years and years to work that out... I've dated girls, I've dated guys... And only recently (after deep thoughts, conversations and being with members of both genders) I've realised that I'm into neither gender as opposed to one. I'm demisexual, which is sort of like only being attracted to those you're in love with or close with romantically, which explains why I only find my partner attractive (which means I'll never stray from them if I love them :P )

I DIDNT know what I liked... I didnt look at a girl and say, I like that... I didnt look at a guy and say the same thing... The same way I wouldn't look at a pizza box and assume I like pizza without actually trying it, or knowing what it is or what its like. Some people take their whole lives to work out. Its a process of self discovery, and like most forms of self discovery, it can take no time at all... It could take years... Or it could never truly be discovered and only speculated. You can't assume that just because you knew what you were like and it strengthened as you aged, that everyone else is will have the same process. Individuals have their own way. So I believe Ricky's story to be true. That can happen... The same way you can get married but it still ends in divorce... You may think you want it and like it... But perhaps one day it won't be for you.

I'm no expert... But thats at least what I think ^^

I know people that was married for years and got kids and then got divorced and go and stay with the same gender.... I know a girl that went for boys when she was younger and then stayed for years with her friend from the same gender and then they've got separated and then she got pregnant with a guy... So I also believe in Ricky's story...

I'd throw my opinion into this topic, however, I feel like I'd write ten pages about it haha

Maybe I can condense it so it doesn't take forever to get my point across xD
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'm not really back, but I'm taking the time to catch up on a few things. Yay! I'll post some stuff soon.

Lo! It's good to see you again :) I hope everything is okay for you, I know you've been going through some rough times lately and want you to know we all hope your situation gets better. I'm always a message away if you need to talk :)

Thanks! It's just been a long week. The only update I have is my dad is slightly better. He had a six-vessel bypass surgery on his heart on Wednesday. Most people acted like he'd be up and about by Friday. However, no one knew how sick he really was. He's still on a ventilator and sedated. He's not really woken up since Wednesday. He's not talked since last Sunday (due to being on the ventilator). Little things are happening, so we know he'll be better soon, but it'll be a very long road of recovery. It's also made me realize how scary my family's health history is now. My great-grandfather, grandfather, dad, and two of my uncles (out of 6 siblings total) have ALL had a heart attack. With my current minor heart issues, it makes me want to talk to my doctor. I'd completely forgotten about all of the heart attacks (except the most recent one), and never, ever told my doctor. She might flip at me. Haha! Oops... emoticon-0111-blush.gif

Anyway, I actually felt like getting on here to read and catch up a little. I think I skipped quite a number of days and came back to over 600 notifications. :D Haha! Thankfully, most was not a big deal.

Oh, and since my dad will have a long road, I have to go back to work this week. So, I have to put some normalcy back into my life. I'll try to get on here more often again. So sorry I've been away. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

Thanks! It's just been a long week. The only update I have is my dad is slightly better. He had a six-vessel bypass surgery on his heart on Wednesday. Most people acted like he'd be up and about by Friday. However, no one knew how sick he really was. He's still on a ventilator and sedated. He's not really woken up since Wednesday. He's not talked since last Sunday (due to being on the ventilator). Little things are happening, so we know he'll be better soon, but it'll be a very long road of recovery. It's also made me realize how scary my family's health history is now. My great-grandfather, grandfather, dad, and two of my uncles (out of 6 siblings total) have ALL had a heart attack. With my current minor heart issues, it makes me want to talk to my doctor. I'd completely forgotten about all of the heart attacks (except the most recent one), and never, ever told my doctor. She might flip at me. Haha! Oops... emoticon-0111-blush.gif

Anyway, I actually felt like getting on here to read and catch up a little. I think I skipped quite a number of days and came back to over 600 notifications. :D Haha! Thankfully, most was not a big deal.

Oh, and since my dad will have a long road, I have to go back to work this week. So, I have to put some normalcy back into my life. I'll try to get on here more often again. So sorry I've been away. <3

It does sound like a long road ahead, however, providing the support you can is the best you can do for your father at the minute, he's in the right place anyway and I wish him the best on his road to recovery :)<3 Haha, I'm sure your doctor will understand, it is for the best in the long run to notify her especially considering your family health history.

At times like this normalcy is hard to include in your life, however I think it's the best thing to do, it provides a distraction from the stress and drama of the situation. It helped a lot when my grandma was sick last year- brooding on the situation all day every day isn't healthy for you and the other members of your family it's effecting :) Even if you do small things like just reading a book or going to work or just something random, it'll help mentally :) As I said before for, we are here if you ever need to chat, we're just a message away :) Plus don't be sorry for being absent, we all understand that real life comes first <3<3
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Nuts. I just realized I haven't read the last two episodes. :s

Haha! I wouldn't want Chrissy to be eliminated, but I suppose she needs her parents to know its her. Of course, hopefully, this doesn't cause a problem in the space-time continuum. *gulp*

Ali, NOOOOOO, don't touch it!!!! Geez.... I love, love, love this pic, though! It reminds me a little of like old school cartoons in the 80's.

Gun%2B5.png

Zander.... emoticon-0126-nerd.gif

Poor Tristan. Wonder what he drank. Guess I'll find out shortly. ;)

________

Ooh, Tristan's story is good, Vul! I love his look, too. Though, I'll admit, even if it was annoying at times, I still loved the old Tristan. :)

Ali's missing! What has that devilish alien gnome done with her? He looks very evil the closer you get.

Winkle%2B4.png

That alien gnome is a punk, though. He's having too much fun with Ava.

I'm sorry to see you go, Jake/Zander. :(

Great episode, Smarties!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited February 2017
    Oh man, so many interesting posts and so much to react on. :o:smiley:

Let's try..

latest?cb=20151118172411

YJB19299 wrote: »
    Oh god, so much drama going on in this episode, Tris as a human, Ava and Zander searching for clues about Ali's disappearance, Glen verbally attacking Tris, Zander eliminated...Oh boy, so much to take in :#

But then again we have two of the most heart-warming scenes here in my opinion: The mother-daughter scene between Nahita and Chrissy and the Unite of Aarobecca <3 I couldn't help myself but smiling throughout these scenes :love:

So sorry to see you go Jake, Zander was a cool character :cry: But on the other hand I'm glad I'm still here, thank you for keeping me save guys :D

And all of that, in just 88 pictures. Incredible. I'm officially labeling this the "Juiciest Episode" ever. So much juice, all compacted in a nice, short little epi package :p

Bahahah, that's something the two of us can learn about, Turner. :joy:

No kidding. My episodes are more like... Wringing a towel and watching just a few droplets fall out. XD

There's something to be said though about maintaining the peace. I see TV shows develop a new problem pretty much every SCENE. Sometimes I just want the characters to chill out and enjoy life. :p

Honestly though, we all have good balance. I wouldn't want every Abnormality episode to be like that, or else this episode wouldn't have felt as much of a treat. Vul, you always have some good drama every episode, and you never outdo it. And it doesn't feel formulaic either, which is probably one of your best writing strengths. :)

Following a strict formula isn't really my thing, some if it comes from ideas already spooking around in my mind, some of it comes from spontanous inspiration and ideas and some of it is ideas from the creators. Sometimes certain characters have their shining moments, sometimes they're more supporting. Hector was often a bit of a support, but around the moments parts of his past were revealed he grabbed a bigger role. HEALTH-E has had several shining moments (from miscommunications to the moment he saved Salma's life), but also had his assisting moments in Kain's scheming once upon a time, really long ago.

I surely agree with the relaxed moment-part. Characters in story media often have to fight hard for their peace, it's so satisfying to see them enjoying it afterwards, like the 19-years-later epilogue of Harry Potter. :) It's something which we all need in real life as well. :)

Reading the new episode now, but I just wanted to mention something on the last one first...

So, I'm not one to shy away from taboo or controversial subjects, so I wanted to discuss this quote of Ricky's:
    "Well I thought I was gay... I had a boyfriend. I realized though that I just wasn't into guys after a while."

I've had a problem with the validity of "blurred sexuality" for awhile now. I simply believe it doesn't exist. I guess "experimenting" is a thing (although I think it's weird. I will never in my life be sexually attracted to the female body. I know that. My sexuality isn't fluid, and I have a hard time believing that other people's are), but thinking you were gay, and then realizing you aren't? I feel like you have to know what you like.... How do you not? I look at pizza and know I love it. I look at broccoli and know I don't. Not a perfect comparison, but still. :lol:

I do like the idea of Ricky becoming a bit more dynamic in his character, but again, I'm not sure I believe this. I've heard people call others "late bloomers", meaning, they didn't know their sexuality until their late TEENS. But how? I don't understand that. I knew what I was BEFORE puberty, and afterwards it just became a heck of a lot clearer :joy:

So if anyone is more knowing on the subject, and less ignorant than I am, I would love to be educated a bit more here. But I've always hated this notion that sexuality is fluid. Sure, a bisexual person might be feeling more into women one day, and men the next, but they are still plum, that didn't change. What I don't like is when people don't realize their sexuality, when they are in fact old enough to know.

^True. He really does need to word his sentences better, or else Malik will think wrongly :p

Sexuality isn't something you realise instantly... If you do, good for you, I'm happy for you... But its just like realising you don't like something AFTER you try it... Like, I myself am not one to talk about this topic much... I like both genders... Neither genders... I can't explain it XD
    I'm not attracted to anyone (except my partner) and it took me years and years to work that out... I've dated girls, I've dated guys... And only recently (after deep thoughts, conversations and being with members of both genders) I've realised that I'm into neither gender as opposed to one. I'm demisexual, which is sort of like only being attracted to those you're in love with or close with romantically, which explains why I only find my partner attractive (which means I'll never stray from them if I love them :P )

I DIDNT know what I liked... I didnt look at a girl and say, I like that... I didnt look at a guy and say the same thing... The same way I wouldn't look at a pizza box and assume I like pizza without actually trying it, or knowing what it is or what its like. Some people take their whole lives to work out. Its a process of self discovery, and like most forms of self discovery, it can take no time at all... It could take years... Or it could never truly be discovered and only speculated. You can't assume that just because you knew what you were like and it strengthened as you aged, that everyone else is will have the same process. Individuals have their own way. So I believe Ricky's story to be true. That can happen... The same way you can get married but it still ends in divorce... You may think you want it and like it... But perhaps one day it won't be for you.

THIS really sums up my thoughts. :) I've never really gotten into that dating vibe of scanning other people for their looks and all the jazz. At one point I really considered myself asexual, but a bit of thinking and selfreflection brought me to the realization that I might be demisexual as well.
    Relationships isn't my cup of tea anyway, I've never been in a serious relationship (only once when I was 8 years old), and I'm not looking for one either now. So, it's all complicated to me.

Awesome as usual... :smiley: Sorry Jake... :'(

After that Tristan twist, and that's all you have to say?? :o Holey Macaroni.... I'm in shock. I was NOT expecting that, Vul.... Well played, both you and Smarties.... Well played.

I need to process this some more....
    plum.gif

I've wanted to do that for a little while. :) I think I'm addicted to these uexpected plot twists none sees coming. XD

Oh, and that gif link isn't working. D: What site did you use?

Me too Vul :P Me too... I love the plot twists... *coughs Morgan*
    I loved the change! Its brilliant... I did NOT see that coming at all XD

FYI to Tristan... Ava is single ;) ......... AND Ali is missing still :(

Bwahahah, DEFINITELY Morgan. :) I noticed a few of the clues here and there and wondered a bit, but I never thought about the whole Morgan scenario. Even though she was on the EXCHANGE THE WHOLE FRICKEN TIME! XD It's important for these twists though if they're executed well enough though, the whole Merith thing was supposed to be one as well, until it got really messed up. >:C Still slightly annoyed about that one.

Oh help, thanks to you I can now see the twins trying to score with Tristan. :o:smiley: Quick, we need to pen down a DRE, it's worth gold! ;)

I know people that was married for years and got kids and then got divorced and go and stay with the same gender.... I know a girl that went for boys when she was younger and then stayed for years with her friend from the same gender and then they've got separated and then she got pregnant with a guy... So I also believe in Ricky's story...

A high school friend of mine's father also discovered he is gay at a later age. He's now happily together with a man. :) Generally though I don't know many LGBT-people though. :c That's what happens when you're raised in a fairly religious environment.

After that Tristan twist, and that's all you have to say?? :o Holey Macaroni.... I'm in shock. I was NOT expecting that, Vul.... Well played, both you and Smarties.... Well played.

plum.gif

I've wanted to do that for a little while. :) I think I'm addicted to these uexpected plot twists none sees coming. XD

Am I the only one that like the previous Tristan? ;)

I like the previous Tristan as well. :) It was time for a change and a fleshing-out though. :3 Maybe Aric Caruso could return one day and take Tristan's spot of the stereotypical flamboyant gay fashiondesigner. ;)
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
    Oh dear, more posts have appeared. Time to get reading and typing.. :o
    Banner.png

I'd throw my opinion into this topic, however, I feel like I'd write ten pages about it haha

Maybe I can condense it so it doesn't take forever to get my point across xD

... Maybe we should try and get an email conversation rolling. We're actually getting a bit off-topic. (not that I mind here)

Wow, that's all very intense to hear! It'll be a long road indeed, but, as Smarties said, any sorts of support are helpful. :) And we're here to support you as well if you need it. :)
    Banner.png
  • SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,282 Member

I'll talk about this even though this was a while ago and I'm sure some of you people already have.

I do think that it is possible for sexualities to change over time because people have told me that theirs has and I have no reason to doubt them. But usually it isn't as radical as going from completely gay to completely straight, usually people move from somewhere in the middle to somewhere else in the middle.

If we're getting really personal here, my mom actually came out as a lesbian later in life after having been married to a man for around ten years, so it definitely can happen. You usually see it going from heterosexual relationships to non-heterosexual relationships, it is more rare that you see people go the other way like with Ricky, but I have no reason to think that it isn't possible.

I know that for me 99% of the people that I've been attracted to have been guys, but my sexual preferences in general have definitely evolved in other ways and it isn't hard to imagine that if my sexuality was more central it could evolve and move around even more. Someone going from completely gay to completely straight or vice versa is tough for me to comprehend, but I don't have any way of demonstrating that it isn't possible and so I have to take people at their word when they say that it happened.

And as for being a late bloomer, that is 100% a thing. I know that I figured out my sexuality later than most people, probably when I was 12 or 13, I can't exactly remember, but I know for a fact that I wasn't even thinking about that stuff when I was super young. When people are like, "I knew I was gay since I was five." that to me is a lot stranger because when I was five those things were the last things on my mind. A lot of people are just different though and I can totally accept that. There is a lot of diversity with sexuality though and we should definitely be embracing it.

Basically sexuality is super complex and there is a lot that we don't understand about it so it is tough for me make sweeping claims. I believe that it can be fluid for some people and not for others. And also there are different usages of the vernacular that confuse things too, some people say gay when they mean bisexual.

I wrote this post in like 12 different sittings, so not sure how congruent it is.
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Vul may have a point about moving this elsewhere, because certain words have triggered the filters, which may cause a forum moderator to have to check this thread out or something. So I'll try to stay clear of those words.

Skelda wrote: »

I'll talk about this even though this was a while ago and I'm sure some of you people already have.

I do think that it is possible for sexualities to change over time because people have told me that theirs has and I have no reason to doubt them. But usually it isn't as radical as going from completely gay to completely straight, usually people move from somewhere in the middle to somewhere else in the middle.

If we're getting really personal here, my mom actually came out as a lesbian later in life after having been married to a man for around ten years, so it definitely can happen. You usually see it going from heterosexual relationships to non-heterosexual relationships, it is more rare that you see people go the other way like with Ricky, but I have no reason to think that it isn't possible.

I know that for me 99% of the people that I've been attracted to have been guys, but my sexual preferences in general have definitely evolved in other ways and it isn't hard to imagine that if my sexuality was more central it could evolve and move around even more. Someone going from completely gay to completely straight or vice versa is tough for me to comprehend, but I don't have any way of demonstrating that it isn't possible and so I have to take people at their word when they say that it happened.

And as for being a late bloomer, that is 100% a thing. I know that I figured out my sexuality later than most people, probably when I was 12 or 13, I can't exactly remember, but I know for a fact that I wasn't even thinking about that stuff when I was super young. When people are like, "I knew I was gay since I was five." that to me is a lot stranger because when I was five those things were the last things on my mind. A lot of people are just different though and I can totally accept that. There is a lot of diversity with sexuality though and we should definitely be embracing it.

Basically sexuality is super complex and there is a lot that we don't understand about it so it is tough for me make sweeping claims. I believe that it can be fluid for some people and not for others. And also there are different usages of the vernacular that confuse things too, some people say gay when they mean plum.

I wrote this post in like 12 different sittings, so not sure how congruent it is.

Surprisingly, very congruent :p

Alright, thanks everyone for the input. I do, however, think this community has more interesting sexualities than another random sample of the population, us being on a forum for the sims franchise and all. I already knew some of you had more unique ones, which is partially why I asked in the first place, haha. I sort of wanted to clear the air on some of that.

Alleen mentioned that she's known people who switched preferred genders midway through a marriage, and you mentioned that about your mother as well, Skelda. I still find it unimaginable to go from a 1 on the Kinsey scale, to a 6 (polar opposites, for those who don't know... 2-5 are all considered various levels of "bi"). So I think you're definitely right, Skelda. Your statement of "people move from somewhere in the middle to somewhere else in the middle" is probably the most accurate. I'm going to maintain my belief that you can't just go from solely liking men to solely liking women. Logically, it just doesn't make sense.
    In the scenario that a man marries a woman, but then later marries a man and claims he was gay, he was always gay, and didn't want to admit it. However, he could also be bi, and still likes both... But again: I strongly disagree that someone can skip from 1 to 6.

12 or 13 isn't a late bloomer by any means, though, Skelda. :p That's about the age of puberty, so that makes total sense. When I say late bloomer, I'm thinking high school or even college-aged kids, and I think that's completely preposterous. How do you go that long without knowing? The only reasonable explanation is that they hit puberty late as well, or.... Sexuality really does evolve over time. I suppose it's not impossible; we actually don't know too much about it. It's only more recently that society is accepting this stuff, so I'd imagine it would be hard to study it years before now. But still, I have always seen sexuality as rigid; I'm having a hard time imagining that it's not. Why would it happen to some, but not everyone? I suppose that will remain as another unanswerable question for awhile.... It really needs to be studied more. I feel like we know hardly anything. It still makes no sense, biologically speaking, for anyone to be anything BUT hetero. So to have all of these complex individuals is quite perplexing :b
    A high school friend of mine's father also discovered he is gay at a later age. He's now happily together with a man. :) Generally though I don't know many LGBT-people though. :c That's what happens when you're raised in a fairly religious environment.

You guys are going to hate me, but I still have a problem with that.... He just one day woke up "discovered" he was gay? I think, more likely, one of the following scenarios happened:

He's always been gay, but was probably raised in a religious, non-tolerant environment as well. So when he realized this, he just suppressed it as far as he could, and forced himself to marry a woman. Perhaps he had a midlife crisis and realized he wasn't happy, and decided to pursue a man after all. Or perhaps he never even knew this about himself, which I find less likely; more likely, I think he spent his whole life in denial. That's happened to countless gay men and women. They just keeping denying until they fool themselves. Any time a stray thought pops into their mind that they don't like, they bury it, and likely overcompensate with something else. That's a pretty tragic pattern, which will hopefully become less common in the future as society becomes more open-minded.

Another scenario is he's bi, and maybe chooses the term "gay" instead of bi, because there is more stigma against being bi than there is for being gay. Which is ridiculous, but whatever. If I was bi, I would totally own up to that. I have a few coworkers that identify as it, but then there is one girl who refuses to call herself that, and prefers being thought of as "half gay". :p

The only other option I can think of, is that he is one of those sexualities that isn't focused on the... you know, woo-hoo part. Perhaps he's demisexual, like Haylo identifies as. It's hard for me to imagine, because I'm pretty rigid (and now realizing quite boring, lol) myself; I only like one sex, and that's primarily based off of physical attraction; all the "spiritual", romantic, and emotional attraction just sort of ties in with it. They're all lumped together for me, as for most people. But there ARE people out there (apparently; I haven't met them personally XD) that can be physically attracted to one gender, but emotionally or romantically attracted to another. Some Asexuals have no interest whatsoever in anyone. But then, there are some who are romantically interested in certain genders.

So yes, it is very complex indeed :p
    edited September 2016

I'm willing to cut you quite a bit of slack though, because you got to realize you're in a small minority, right? Your sexuality is hardly EVER represented in popular media, if at all. No one ever taught it to me. I had to research it myself, and a year ago, I don't think I had ever heard of it before.
    Modern society has conditioned us to believe that everyone is attracted to people based on what junk they got in their trunk. :p So a young demisexual or even asexual person growing up in this age would still be quite confused, despite the fact we have the internet now. I can only imagine how lonely it must have felt for those growing up in earlier times, probably thinking something was wrong with them that they didn't find the human body attractive whatsoever. Schools don't teach a lick of it, so where else are they supposed to learn it from? Luckily, we have the internet now, but that, of course, isn't always the safest place to find answers, haha.

I totally disagree with you on that though, Haylo. The argument of "you don't know if you like it until after you've tried it" simply isn't valid here, for most people. Many straight guys will happily tell you that they don't like men, without ever having to do or try anything. I look at escargot and know the same. I'm more than 99% sure I won't enjoy it, so I will never try it. People who love food find that statement to be ignorant. But picky eaters understand. We know the foods we like and don't like, for the most part. It's very seldom that we are surprised to like a food. I don't even attempt to try new foods anymore, because I'm always disappointed or disgusted. I made an exception for grapefruit juice once, thinking "Hey, I like fruit AND I like juice, can't be that bad, right?" ....And of course, I couldn't swallow more than one sip.
    So yes, there is SOME merit to the expression "Can't knock it till you try it", but I really despise it when people try and use that one on me. If I know I won't like it, I will knock it without trying it. But that's just me. Some people are unsure, or on the fence, and it takes trying it to realize they like it. It's really amazing how different people are from each other. Some people don't like chocolate! Some people prefer vegetables over fruits... Others like the taste of black coffee. I will never understand any of those people, but they probably don't understand me either, so it's okay lol.

But anyways, obviously, if you're a cis hetero male or female, it shouldn't be difficult to realize what you are, because that's the "default"... Everyone expects you to be that. But any small deviation of that is when things get more interesting. Some people are more complex, and I don't blame them at all for being later to bloom.
    All I'm saying, is that if you're cisgender (your gender matches your sex), and attracted to the male and/or female body, that's pretty simple and easy to figure out. If you're anything but, then you definitely deserve some wiggle room, because being anything else may take longer to fully understand, especially when our society doesn't openly discuss it.
    edited September 2016

plum.gif

Very glad he's gone, to be perfectly honest. :P Funny at times, but too over-the-top for me.... But looking back, that was sort of the point. Still though. I don't want him to return to that state ever again XD The old Tristan served his purpose, and made the new Tristan that much better. The twist was really well executed though. I can respect the old Tristan now, even if I didn't really care for him :p
    Post edited by Turner on
    Vul may have a point about moving this elsewhere, because certain words have triggered the filters, which may cause a forum moderator to have to check this thread out or something. So I'll try to stay clear of those words.

I've shot a mail for any further discussions, if anyone's interested to join the chain just call me. :) (or anyone else who participated)
    Banner.png

plum.gif

Very glad he's gone, to be perfectly honest. :P Funny at times, but too over-the-top for me.... But looking back, that was sort of the point. Still though. I don't want him to return to that state ever again XD The old Tristan served his purpose, and made the new Tristan that much better. The twist was really well executed though. I can respect the old Tristan now, even if I didn't really care for him :p

Aah, thanks. :) I know you weren't a fan of him before, and that was one of my reasons to develop him to this direction. And it worked out perfectly. :)
    Banner.png
    Now that we have an email chain, I'll change the conversation to something less complex :P

I just googled escargot after reading Turner's post and I have to say, I totally agree with going nowhere near the stuff, let alone eat it haha xD
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Now that we have an email chain, I'll change the conversation to something less complex :P

I just googled escargot after reading Turner's post and I have to say, I totally agree with going nowhere near the stuff, let alone eat it haha xD

You didn't know that escargot are snails with a ton of garlic xD :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png

Haha nope, you learn something new everyday xD
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited September 2016

If that's what you learnt today... I feel like you need to look for better things :P Haha... I hope to never be in a situation where I need to know what Escargot is XD

If that's what you learnt today... I feel like you need to look for better things :P Haha... I hope to never be in a situation where I need to know what Escargot is XD

You'll regret not knowing Escargot if your life depends on it for some strange reason, at least I'm prepared xD

I've been in a situation like that... French tests that is. :o
    Banner.png
    Quick Update: Don't forget to send in your HOH's if you haven't already, you have today and tomorrow to do so.

Also DRE's are still welcome :)
    One last day to get your HOH's in. DO NOT FORGET!!! XD
    Sent a DRE! :3
    Banner.png