March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited September 2016
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    @Bonxie and @egwarhammer I'll get the info you need and send it on to you a bit later today. Thank you both for all your help, you guys are great B)

You are very welcome.

For my purposes there is no need to upload the dxdiag information. I only need a exact make and model string (like "Dell Inspiron 1545DX" or "Acer Aspire E15") to look for some information about the particular memory layout. That information is unfortunately not available in the dxdiag print out.

There should be a sticker on the back of your laptop, on which you can find everything I need.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    I did. :) "Okay so far" was enough for me. SSD is a good idea... how hard are they to add to a laptop? Is it just plug in and go? USB thing?

If you think it's an excellent idea (and can help me with that "easy if you know how" part), I may look around this coming weekend for one after I get paid.

No, sorry, unfortunately it's not USB. You have to replace the internal harddisk with the SSD. So you have to open your laptop, remove the hardisk and insert the SSD. It's really no rocket sience - but like the RAM extension it helps, if you are familiar with the internal components of your PC.

A bit more challenging is the transfer of your OS, data and apps (and games of course) to the new drive. There is a Windows built in imaging tool, which makes it very easy. But also in this case it's helpful to have some HW routine.

If you don't want to do it, may be a friend or family member would like to? 14 year old sons love to do these tricks. Easy and impressive :)

Yeah... if opening it up is required, I'll probably just end up dropping it in the guys' laps who fixed my fan for me, computer shop near hubby's work. They're pretty awesome. And reasonable on pricing.

But if it takes 4 days like the fan did, I'm gonna grump. Of course, if I take them the part too, that would be different. We'll see. Thanks for the insight! :)
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    By the way, if you're a fan of No Strings, you'll want to update the extra part of MC to 2.15.1. Today's patch broke something in it, fixed now, if you redownload that module.

I've sent out what links I know to... if you didn't get one, PM me.

Posted it on my wall, forgot to do it here. Strange evening I'm having (rl) woot. (not really)

Sorry to be dumb, but what does this mean? What is no strings? Do I have to redownload some part of the mod? What's been broken???
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    By the way, if you're a fan of No Strings, you'll want to update the extra part of MC to 2.15.1. Today's patch broke something in it, fixed now, if you redownload that module.

Posted it on my wall, forgot to do it here. Strange evening I'm having (rl) woot. (not really)

Sorry to be dumb, but what does this mean? What is no strings? Do I have to redownload some part of the mod? What's been broken???

MCCC has a module that isn't available on MTS, and has to be DLed separately, due to it containing mature content, and I believe that's what's she meant. If you have that part of it you will need to go where you got it, to update it.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

MCCC has a module that isn't available on MTS, and has to be DLed separately, due to it containing mature content, and I believe that's what's she meant. If you have that part of it you will need to go where you got it, to update it.

Thanks. But if I just got the mod from MTS will it be compatible with the latest patch?
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

Thanks. But if I just got the mod from MTS will it be compatible with the latest patch?
    Yes, the modules on MTS should be good.
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    @Bonxie I am on a Fujitsu Lifebook A512, if that means anything to you. If upgrading my RAM will mean opening the computer up, I will be sending it in to someone that knows what they are doing. I was really hoping it would be a case of using an external hard drive for extra memory or something easy like that :/
    @egwarhammer I don't have that special ;) mod so all is well in that department. Thanks for the heads up though :)
    edited September 2016
    @Bonxie I am on a Fujitsu Lifebook A512, if that means anything to you. If upgrading my RAM will mean opening the computer up, I will be sending it in to someone that knows what they are doing. I was really hoping it would be a case of using an external hard drive for extra memory or something easy like that :/

Yes, it does...

Your laptop has two memory banks with a maximum capacity of 16 GB. I'm assuming, that in your laptop one of the banks is occupied with one single 2 GB module. The type is SO-DIMM DDR3 NON-ECC PC3-12800 1600MHz. Price in the US for one single 2GB module of that type seems to be somewhere between $17 to $20. If there is only one 2 GB module in your laptop, the upgrade with one additional 2GB module to a total of 4 GB would be very reasonable. Because of your 64bit Windows, you could also consider to upgrade to 8 GB (2x 4 GB modules of the type mentioned above), but this would be of course much more expensive.

Unfortunately you have to open the laptop for memory expansion. If you turn it over, there is on the back a small and a big maintenace cover. Under the big one are among other things the memory banks located. In this picture you can see the two stacked memory banks, the lower of them occupied, at the lower edge of the large opening, right in the middle of the case.

Although it's really easy I would recommend not try to replace the memory on your own, if you are not used to such work. Better ask somebody for assistance, who is experienced - as you already suggested.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie wrote: »

Yes, it does...

Your laptop has two memory banks with a maximum capacity of 16 GB. I'm assuming, that in your laptop one of the banks is occupied with one single 2 GB module. The type is SO-DIMM DDR3 NON-ECC PC3-12800 1600MHz. Price in the US for one single 2GB module of that type seems to be somewhere between $17 to $20. If there is only one 2 GB module in your laptop, the upgrade with one additional 2GB module to a total of 4 GB would be very reasonable. Because of your 64bit Windows, you could also consider to upgrade to 8 GB (2x 4 GB modules of the type mentioned above), but this would be of course much more expensive.

Unfortunately you have to open the laptop for memory expansion. If you turn it over, there is on the back a small and a big maintenace cover. Under the big one are among other things the memory banks located. In this picture you can see the two stacked memory banks, the lower of them occupied, at the lower edge of the large opening, right in the middle of the case.

Although it's really easy I would recommend not try to replace the memory on your own, if you are not used to such work. Better ask somebody for assistance, who is experienced - as you already suggested.

True story. I fried one once (a long time ago, but still...). That's part of the reason I don't open things up any more. Lesson learned, I'm not hardware-savvy. :p Hubby has guys. I'm good with that. ;)
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    @egwarhammer Thank you for explaining the career troubles the game might have; Weird thing is when I first got the game that didn't happen, so I thought it was a glitch or something that came with a pack or whatever cause in my game I started having those issues after I bought GT only. I didn't have premade sims as NPCs before so that kind of bugged me at first;

I did have they played and gave them their official jobs back a few times but now I just gave up...I mean I don't mind having some of them like Zoe Patel or any of the sims that are unemployed having different jobs but it did bug me having sims like Bella Goth or Mortimer Goth or the Landgrabs having random NPC jobs; but after fixing it many times I got tired of it so I stopped.

Is good to know that is not only happening in my game though, at least I know is not my glitch, etc; but I wish EA fixed that at least to sims that came with a job and are not non committal, you know?

Thank you again for your time, you were very helpful. ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member

@happygurl You're not being dumb, it's a valid question. There's a link to that additional part of MC Command Center on the MTS Description page. No Strings is a single function within that mod.
    @Bonxie
    I had a look online for 2GB it will cost between €10 - €20 here in Ireland. I'm looking bringing the total ram on the laptop up to 4GB just to meet the game specs, in the future I'll go up to 8GB.
    @egwarhammer that sounds like something I would do ;)
  • VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member
    So, I've had the MCCommandCenter mod for a bit, and I haven't really been bothered too much by the sims moving out, because usually it was just young adults who had just turned young adults in their families moving out on their own, but now...
    I created a couple, husband and wife, for my town and then returned to my active family, and a few sim days later I got a notification that said the wife had moved out into "Streamlet Single"!? And then I got a bunch of other notifications that said a bunch of other sims moved out from the townie families I created. And it happened again a few minutes ago.

Any way to stop this from happening?
    Venay wrote: »
    So, I've had the MCCommandCenter mod for a bit, and I haven't really been bothered too much by the sims moving out, because usually it was just young adults who had just turned young adults in their families moving out on their own, but now...
    I created a couple, husband and wife, for my town and then returned to my active family, and a few sim days later I got a notification that said the wife had moved out into "Streamlet Single"!? And then I got a bunch of other notifications that said a bunch of other sims moved out from the townie families I created. And it happened again a few minutes ago.

Any way to stop this from happening?

Can you post your population settings for me? Sounds like you have some things turned on you may not want. Also, I'm a little surprised at a married couple splitting up for an alarm??? Did I read that right?

If you want to zip and upload your WHOLE mc_settings.cfg file to DROPBOX for me, I'll check it out, see if I can spot things you might want to tweak. (Mediafire DOES NOT LIKE config files, that's why dropbox.)

If you set Open Houses to a high number (Like 50... there are over 80 lots available IF you count them all, like in a totally bulldozed world, except for the 3 special WB lots, there's 88 total), that will stop the alarm from moving sims in during that (Saturday AM) alarm.

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Venay There's a couple of settings in the population module you might want to look at- one for moving out single adult sims and one for moving out elders.
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    Hi guys i am really desperate to get my sim abducted, i have tried so many things and this mod is a last hope for abduction :( can anybody please explain to me how to get this mod to work and to get my sim abducted?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @egwarhammer I'm unsure but does MCCC have an option to reset nude outfits if you have bad cc on them ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2016
    crinrict wrote: »
    @egwarhammer I'm unsure but does MCCC have an option to reset nude outfits if you have bad cc on them ?

I'm not 100% certain, but I think MC doesn't have this option (I also checked the docu, I found nothing but maybe I missed something).

There is a mod at MTS resetting "bathing [aka nude] outfits" (Link), but it seems not to be maintained anymore and broken regarding the latest comments.

Imho a reasonable solution would be to remove the particular CC item from the game.

edit:

Found something: Perhaps the console command
    dresser_clean <firstname> <lastname>

could help. Description says "Replaces any invalid outfit part....", but "invalid" seems only to refer to the MC dresser module configuration and not to common Maxis coding, so I don't want to get your hopes up.

I don't have this problem in my game, so I can't check, whether it also works with the nude outfit.

Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

@crinrict
    No, but, Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit by @Scumbumbo does, and still works. But only if you had an outfit that had no clothing.
    @hotkaki
    You will need the occult module of the command centre mod if it's working after the latest game patch. @egwarhammer will be able to help you with this.
    @hotkaki
    You will need the occult module of the command centre mod if it's working after the latest game patch. @egwarhammer will be able to help you with this.

Yes I have it in my mods folder, i changed the odds preferences to the highest abduction rated but nothing happened :(
    Rates*
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Just to clarify, after every patch it's a good idea to reinstall MCCC right? I leave my settings file in place but I cut out all the previous modules etc then I download the latest files (I always just use the base MCCC with all modules too). Then I unpack and dump them in my mods folder. Does this seem correct?
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top