Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA we still need a fix for The Sims Complete Collection!

EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims (2000)
I have Sims1 Complete Collection & my operating system is MS Windows 10. I contacted MS & they told me to contact you about this issue. The game will not start, at first it was a error message saying I wan't the administrator (but I was). No that is fixed but I just get the pop up box saying do you want to run this as administrator & I click yes, but nothing happens now not even a pop up error message box.

Thought I found a fix that I saw on the MS forms & on the forms here (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859239/windows-10-players-solutions-for-sims-1#latest)

But that doesn't work either. Yes at least the game launches now, but what good is it when we can't play the game!

Problems with the so called no cd mod as follows:

It makes the game extremely glitchy, so bad that my whole town dispersed from every neighborhood! When I was in build mode to look at the other towns! This happens with glitch happens every time.

Go to move the mouse to the side of the screen & it glitches the game so bad it freezes my computer. I have to go to task manager & click on the Sims icon to get back in game.

But the problems don't stop there oh no the moment it is brought back to life the words go all fuzzy in the popup boxes & game small black box behind the message box.....kinda like it does when you have a old computer that can't handle the game.

"Which is far form the case because my computer is a newer computer it has 4GB (3.44GB available) of RAM & 1TB extra memory! So needless to say my computer can more than handle it." ;)

Comments

• WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    The reason The Sims doesn't work is because the game uses SafeDisc which does not work on Windows 10. Attempting to run any SafeDisc game such as The Sims, SimCity 4, and Syberia will fail unless you perform workarounds or (in SC4 & Syberia's case) purchasing a download version of the game such as from Origin, Steam, and GOG. Furthermore, MS15-097/KB3086255 also blocks SafeDisc games so you are not safe if you have Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 although the update can be removed. Be sure that Windows Update is not set to Install updates automatically (recommended), otherwise Windows will re-download the update and the game will be blocked.

Even if The Sims is hacked to run on Windows 10, the game suffers from glitches that will not happen if you were playing on an older Windows version such as Windows 7.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    Maybe for most but that still doesn't explain it for mine, I don't have the update MS15-097/kb3086255. Not to mention the game successfully installs with no errors. The problem is it will not play. Yet older games do, so it seems like this is a issue either with stupid Windows 10 (Which I'm betting on.) Hoping it is something that EA could look into & make a patch to work around this error that most Simmers are having so many problems with.
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    Wondering if my computer just came installed with that update, I was thinking I had my computer for a year, but realizing it might be less than a year. :/ Going through my updates one at a time to uninstall (testing offline to make sure my computer is safe). Hoping the game will magically work, lol. :p Well if any thing this is defiantly sounding & looking like it is a MS Windows problem that they need to fix asap. Time to get them hoppin' on a fix. Alright fellow simmers who's with me? Lets make some calls & spam their form with complaints till they fix it!!!
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    It could be possible for EA to fix this by releasing a download version of The Sims, games that had used SafeDisc on the CD versions usually will run if playing the download version. In fact, only the CD versions of SimCity 4 are affected by Windows 10 and Windows Vista-8.1 with MS15-097/KB3086255 so they will not run but download versions of SimCity 4 from Origin, GOG, and Steam are not affected and will run.

It could likely be the update that's preventing The Sims from working but you want to check if the computer is running Windows 10. If you aren't running Windows 10 (e.g., Windows 7) but you're still unable to run the game, the update could be installed. A sign that the update is installed is that The Sims' splash screen doesn't appear or you get Access Denied promoting you to play with Administrator privileges. A non-Windows 10 computer without MS15-097/KB3086255 should display the splash screen and launch the game if the CD is in the drive, otherwise it will display an error message to insert the correct CD-ROM.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer