Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    @simgeek79 I actually don't know how to use the calculator. So any help you can offer would be awesome. Honestly until you gifted me those items I didn't own anything from that set. I was looking to see which sets were coming up in the next week and realized that so I grabbed all the cheapest stuff from the set and threw it on the wishlist in hopes that some kind simmer could help me get the price down. I've gotten several with the green download button but in all honesty it is mostly luck and me guessing, turns out I'm pretty good guesser. ^_^

@Opicana just remember not to push yourself too hard. ^_^ If you haven't found it there is a fun little forum called Respond as your sim.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    @Tamaek Yeah, I actively chose to go bed early. I feel like could do more, but sleep has been challenging the last couple days. Thanks for thread suggestion. I participated. So fun!
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hi Tamaek

It would be my pleasure to help you. It sounds like you're familiar with the Daily Deal (DD) Rotation and Sales Help thread in the Sims 3 Store General Discussion forum since you know what sets are coming up. I can't stress enough what an amaaazing resource it is. Me1620 has put so many great tricks and tips on the first few pages in addition to the Awesome DD Spreadsheet. If you haven't already, you should also check out the Cascade thread and the Love Kids Stuff thread as well.

Here is the link to the Calculator Once on the web page, click on "How to Use this Calculator". Be sure to scroll down to see the example she uses. Essentially you just need to enter three numbers (1) The Regular Set Cost ; (2) The Daily Deal Price and (3) your Current CYS Price .

So for example, Homecoming:

Daily Deal Price: 779
    Regular Price: 1900
    Your CYS: Enter what it says on your screen for that particular set

I'm not sure how much I gave you, but let's say the items brought your set price down to 1400. When I enter "779"; "1900" and "1400" in their respective fields, the last box shows that the Daily Deal will only cost you 391 points. The more items you are given, the lower that number will go. The key is to get just enough gifts to put you over the edge and not with a high negative number or that means you were overgifted. By punching in random numbers in the CYS field, you can see what your CYS should be to get the best deal. When I entered a CYS of 1000 it showed that the set would cost you -9, which equals FREE! :smiley:

Let me know what your CYS is and I can double check it for you plus send you a few things to help it along if you need it :blush:

I could go on and on about the DD thread. When I first started here, we hardly got any ads and had to buy sim points to get stuff. I shudder at how much I've spent here. Unfortunately a lot of people don't get ads so I like to help where I can and help those who have an abundance of ads/points own the store faster so they can help those less fortunate.

If you want to see some more of my tips on how I tracked everything etc... check out the first post on my Weekly Sales thread. :smiley:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Wow again @simgeek79 and thank you. I used the calculator and followed your easy to understand instructions and it says that I will be paying 456 when it comes up. My CYS price is 1465 at this time. This will definitely be handy. I am going to crunch some numbers and rearrange my wishlist a bit to make sure that I don't waste anyone's points. Happily my guestimation of what I thought I would owe wasn't all that far off, I guessed around 500sp so I think I'm getting it. ^_^ Still I prefer precision. I've removed some things from my wishlist already because I know that I can get the set for "Free" now and I've been trying to use the sites you linked to but somehow I never found the calculator. YAY! Thank you!

I'm also trying to get the Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyle set down just a scotch more so I can grab it while it is on sale since it won't be in the DD rotation. I'm almost there thanks to some very generous simmers but I'm running out of time.

Is there some kind of checklist for the sets out there that can help you keep up with what you already own?

Edit: Apparently there is a personalized DD Spreadsheet but there is a glitch that Me1620 is trying to work out. I'm not good with that sort of thing so I'm going to wait until she gets it sorted and then I'll start using it. In the meantime I've been adding all the items up to about 210 or so into my phone's events calendar. lol There aren't as many as there used to be. But if a checklist existed for the sets that would be cool, if not I'll try to come up with some coherent way of figuring out which sets I still need to finish and how much. There are so many that some get lost in the wayside (like the Homecoming set) and I don't have much, if any, from them.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options

My pleasure @Tamaek I used the worksheets on my spreadsheet to keep track (the one I listed in post one of my Weekly Sales thread). But kellycot1 created a pdf checklist called the Simdex you might want to use. Plus Me1620 has created some amazing worksheets on her spreadsheet that help you see how much more you need to get a set free. Here are some suggestions that she lists on page one of her thread

I'm off to bed in a few minutes, but I'll send a few more gifts your way :smiley: Good night!

• Options
    sarah1114sarah1114 Posts: 76 Member
    Well, I just got my Sixth Anniversary badge on the forums!

My Wishlist
    Thank you to anyone who has ever gifted me, I really appreciate it! :)
  • Options
    @simgeek79 Thank you again for both the gifts and the advice and I hope it assists others who might also have been looking for help. That really knocked it down according to the calculator (man that thing is handy ^_^). And thanks to you I just grabbed the Fanciful set for a steal. ;) Someday I really hope to be like you guys who just run the ads and then pop over and see if you can find someone who is trying to own the store and help them along. I love giving gifts, I used to just buy stuff for my family on occasion just because, now I'm broke so this is what I have. ^_^

Congrats @sarah1114!

• Options
    ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    Opicana wrote: »
    Thank you to @Scotsim for a slew of Panda & Friends items that helped me complete that set, Wilderness Dreaming & Animals Abound! Also, thank you for reading my blog! :)
    Thanks to @Tamaek for a new hair!

I need to do some maths and organization before I can update my wishlist again. I've been having some medical issues (had my first EKG today), so I've been a little slow in getting around to it. Maybe tonight...hopefully by this weekend.
    @Opicana - glad to help you get the Animals Abound cascade - Vincent's youngsters will have some fun with all that stuff.

Hope that you're feeling better soon.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited September 2016
    Tamaek wrote: »
    Wow again @simgeek79 and thank you. I used the calculator and followed your easy to understand instructions and it says that I will be paying 456 when it comes up. My CYS price is 1465 at this time. This will definitely be handy. I am going to crunch some numbers and rearrange my wishlist a bit to make sure that I don't waste anyone's points. Happily my guestimation of what I thought I would owe wasn't all that far off, I guessed around 500sp so I think I'm getting it. ^_^ Still I prefer precision. I've removed some things from my wishlist already because I know that I can get the set for "Free" now and I've been trying to use the sites you linked to but somehow I never found the calculator. YAY! Thank you!

I'm also trying to get the Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyle set down just a scotch more so I can grab it while it is on sale since it won't be in the DD rotation. I'm almost there thanks to some very generous simmers but I'm running out of time.

Is there some kind of checklist for the sets out there that can help you keep up with what you already own?

Edit: Apparently there is a personalized DD Spreadsheet but there is a glitch that Me1620 is trying to work out. I'm not good with that sort of thing so I'm going to wait until she gets it sorted and then I'll start using it. In the meantime I've been adding all the items up to about 210 or so into my phone's events calendar. lol There aren't as many as there used to be. But if a checklist existed for the sets that would be cool, if not I'll try to come up with some coherent way of figuring out which sets I still need to finish and how much. There are so many that some get lost in the wayside (like the Homecoming set) and I don't have much, if any, from them.

Oh, a shame you didn't know before! I've been using the calculator from the beginning, very useful unless a set you want to calculate is on offer because then you don't know your normal complete your set discount for a specific DD. -_-
    Regarding a checklist to see what you already know I'm not quite sure what you mean? If you mean so see which pieces of a specific set you already own you should just go to the main page of the set and it marks the things you already own.

BTW, many many thanks @Tamaek for the two outfits! Helps a great deal with Mother Russia! I still have to update my Top 5 on the forum post but I've already updated my wishlist! :):cookie:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Glad to have helped @Tamaek enjoy your DD stalking, the journey to owning the store is fun, albeit addictive, us Own the Store members love to live vicariously through those of you that are new. Have a great day :smile:

• Options
    HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Glad to have helped @Tamaek enjoy your DD stalking, the journey to owning the store is fun, albeit addictive, us Own the Store members love to live vicariously through those of you that are new. Have a great day :smile:

thanks for the gifts simgeek79
  • Options
    You're welcome @Hekete :blush:

• Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Thank you for your gifts @simgeek79 ! They really helped me to bring down prices, the dreams of India set will be a little over 50 sp now when it's on DD! <3 I'm close to getting Viva las vegas to that number too when it's on DD :smiley:

I downloaded the spreadsheet some time ago and I use colourcodes in it to see what I own and what deals will be good to get. Also I use the Simdex, I think that pdf is especially handy when tracking the 'no part of set'-items. You can tick the items you own in the pdf, so it's really nice!

Hope extra sleep will help you feel better soon @Opicana !

To those of us who remember a certain story about a curious painting: I own it now and there should be no problem anymore.

Updated my top 5!
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Tamaek glad I could help with how to install everything once you own the store! You will get there eventually it took me a little over a year to own but I was real relaxed and my laptop and iPad both kind of froze whenever I tried to use those DD spread sheets! What did help me though was this thread in which they usually post a 24 hour list of the daily deal!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-rotation-and-sales-help-continuation-of-september-list/p58

@mikawag glad you like that name :)!

@Opicana I hope your medical issues are fixed soon and that you feel up to a sims game soon as well! ( or whatever game you want!) I will say a little prayer for your health to!
  • Options

Congrats @sarah1114!

Thank you!

Also thank you to @charlotteprice for the Enchanting Faire Folk Loveseat, and @Hoplass for the old town window!

My Wishlist
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thank you to @Hoplass and to @charlotteprice for the gifts. Between you guys and @simgeek79 I'll be paying 6sp for Homecoming when it comes up. ^_^ Yay!!

@Teanias yeah it is a long but fun road. I'm enjoying the journey as much as the idea of the destination and it is addictive, about that you are not wrong. lol

@Hoplass the Simdex sounds like what I am looking for. I just would like a checklist for the items in the store so that I know which sets I own and which items that aren't a part of any set I still need and so forth. Thanks.

Yeah @Jahnna I really wish I'd known about the calculator sooner but I wasn't bad at guessing. ;) Still now that I have it I'm going to use it and try to make sure I don't ask for more than I need or (as is usually the case) less.

See, this is what I mean. You guys are awesome. Thanks so much. ^_^

I've updated my wishlist and Top Five.

• Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Congratulations @sarah1114 !

Glad you're feeling better @Opicana ! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you @Hoplass for the gift!
  • Options
    Thank you @Scotsim now I will be able to get the March 2011 Compilation for free. ^_^ Now I'm working on Mother Russia and thanks to the Calculator and the pages you guys have mentioned I've crunched the numbers and found exactly what it will take for me to get the set for free or at least very cheap (I do love the calculator) Yay!!

I've updated my Wishlist and Top Five (again ;) )!

I also managed to snag The Last Venue of Amore (I've always wanted that for Monte Vista, so excited) because I'd saved up. As soon as the ads come back I'm going to start throwing out gifts again. Thanks guys.

• Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thank you @Scotsim now I will be able to get the March 2011 Compilation for free. ^_^ Now I'm working on Mother Russia and thanks to the Calculator and the pages you guys have mentioned I've crunched the numbers and found exactly what it will take for me to get the set for free or at least very cheap (I do love the calculator) Yay!!

I've updated my Wishlist and Top Five (again ;) )!

I also managed to snag The Last Venue of Amore (I've always wanted that for Monte Vista, so excited) because I'd saved up. As soon as the ads come back I'm going to start throwing out gifts again. Thanks guys.

Haha I'm getting the March 2011 for free as well! And also just picked up "Last Venue of Amore", so happy!

Also thanks @Hoplass for the two outfits! Really helps with Mother Russia!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member

IDK at this rate. I really wish I could make money in the way I want to and most of my co-workers are Trump supporters. The latter is something I can't stand.
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Options
    YAY @Jahnna!!

@ZombieMew eww. That really sucks. I'm actually not sure which is worse in that situation. Just wondering, and if you want to say none of your business, please do I won't be offended, but what would you rather be doing?

• Options
    Astreia wrote: »
    Congratulations @sarah1114 !

Glad you're feeling better @Opicana ! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you @Hoplass for the gift!

Thank you!

And thank you @23kels89 for the three items! Hopefully I'll be able to ad farm enough to get the rest of Old Town while its on sale. :)

My Wishlist
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    sarah1114 wrote: »
    And thank you @23kels89 for the three items! Hopefully I'll be able to ad farm enough to get the rest of Old Town while its on sale. :)

You are most definitely welcome. This thread has done wonders for me, so I like to return the favor when I am able to do so.
    I wish you luck in completing your set. :blush: Happy Simming to you, dear!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    sarah1114 wrote: »

You might not need to buy anything else for that set, it cames up on DD#60 on the 3rd of October and it will be free if you have a CYS of 159.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Yay for getting a green download for March 2011 and getting the Amore-venue @Jahnna and @Tamaek !
    And you are all welcome for the gifts, happy I could help a little :smile:

Thanks to @scotsim for the gifts, I have updated my top 5 again too!