Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• elly001elly001 Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2016
    CHALLENGE #: 53 - The Hawthorne Project
    FORUM ID: elly001
    ORIGIN ID: elly001
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: New Beginnings https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1AB645D885B211E6851807521961E24C?searchtype=ea_origin_id&category=all&time=all&searchquery=elly001&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $42,943
    TOTAL COST: $44,943
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/_elly001/slideshow/BnS53?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first ever time entering a building contest (or any type of contest!) so I hope I'm doing this right! New Beginnings is a new build style family home, 3br&2ba, with two levels; my aim for it was to create a warm and nicely decorated environment where the Davies family could spend time together but where there was also space for them to just focus quietly on skill-building as well. Hopefully I somewhat succeeded! Please note that in the two 'top down' pictures on the slideshow, there is an awning over the vegetable garden which I had to take out right at the last minute due to the cost going over. It is not included in the gallery upload. In terms of the skill books, I have all EPs/game packs and I *think* I purchased all the necessary books.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    09-17-16_9-29-34nbspPM_zpsbg2tqvan.png
    09-17-16_9-17-18nbspPM_zpsgjklsqgz.png
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I took the time to build a house, and then didn't feel like getting pictures. I just really didn't wanna deal with photo bucket and my Flickr has all sorts of other stuff on it that I want to keep separate. maybe I shoulda just made a new Flickr? So, I guess I won't be entering.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited September 2016
    I took the time to build a house, and then didn't feel like getting pictures. I just really didn't wanna deal with photo bucket and my Flickr has all sorts of other stuff on it that I want to keep separate. maybe I shoulda just made a new Flickr? So, I guess I won't be entering.

Aww, hon, that's such a shame. Maybe make a new flickr account just for Sims?
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    It's closing time for #BnS53. Much luck to everyone who entered.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2016
    #54 - An Autumn Wedding

Autumn, such a colourful time of year you think to yourself as you sip your Pumpkin Spice Latte that Rose very kindly picked up on her way into work. You wonder if the fact that she is now sporting a rather large hunk of diamond on her left hand had something to do with her wonderful mood.

You remember her nonchalantly handing you the paper cup, when something sparkly caught your eye. You held onto her hand and turned it over with your mouth slightly agape.

“Oh my word Rose, that’s huge!” Were the first words out of your mouth. Realising that this was probably not the most appropriate way of congratulating your assistant and long time friend, you hurriedly place the cup down on your desk and envelop her in a huge bear hug.

“Congratulations!” You exclaimed.

“When did this happen?”

“Last night, he took me out on his yacht, there were rose petals and candles and it really was the most magical evening.”

She looked down at her ring and shyly back at you, “It is rather large, isn’t it?” She grinned

“Well, when’s the big day?” You asked.

“We’re not totally sure yet, Doug has a dig over Christmas but it would be lovely if I could go with him as Mrs Curtis. The only trouble is, we are having trouble sourcing a venue at this short notice.”

You noticed a small glint in her eye and smiled.

“Yes Rose, I will design and build you two the most perfect wedding venue ever to grace the face of the earth.”

“Oh, well, I really wasn’t hinting.” She said. “Oh, who am I trying to fool, of course I was, and thank you so much! Doug will be ecstatic, he’s happy to leave the details up to me, and I in turn am happy to leave them up to you. You know us both so well, and I know what you can create from a blank canvas.”

“Leave it with me, are you 100% sure about this? two weeks isn’t a lot of time to get everything else sorted.”

“Yes, we’re certain we can manage it, it’s amazing what doors Doug’s name opens.”

She bounced off into the foyer and you got to work sketching out some designs.

As you sip your drink, you hear Rose excitedly letting Doug know that all is proceeding to plan when you get a ping from your laptop notifying you of an email.

“Thank you so much for taking the job on, we have every faith in you. Just so you know, money, is of course, no object, but I’m not sure that Rose really wants a huge wedding, she keeps saying that anything will be fine with her, but I think something small and understated would suit her better, don’t you?”

Yes, you think to yourself, Douglas Curtis III, knows our Rose well, and more than that he’s putting her wants first. You smile to yourself and think that he really must love her. You go back to sketching with a smile on your face.

Brief
    Chose any lot, unlimited budget, go wild!

Sim Challenge:
    Show Douglas and Rose tying the knot at their purpose built venue and the following celebrations. You can find out more about Douglas here.

Room Challenge:
    There is no room challenge for BnS54
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member

@oXseashellXo , why don't you open an imgur account (if you don't already have one)? I find it much more stable than Photobucket and pretty easy to use.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Can the wedding venue be a church with outside garden?
    Can the wedding venue be a church with outside garden?

@WiggleyTuff , yes, it can be anything you want!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Deadline due to when?
    Deadline due to when?
    The deadline is in the OP @WiggleyTuff, Midnight Wednesday 12th October (Eastern Time)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member

I have a totally separate Flickr account just for my Sims stuff :) That works well for me. I hope you decide on something, would love to see your stuff! Taking and posting pictures is definitely the most tedious part of building and sharing, I agree. Still hope to see you entering! :)

16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Ok on the new wedding challenge: YAY!!! So excited for this one. The last two challenges were great, just didn't really trip my trigger - but maybe that's mostly because I haven't had time. I think I will have lots of extra time next week so maybe I can actually build!! Regardless, I can't WAIT to see all the entries for this one. I have a tendency to put WAY too many wedding lots in my games.... :p hehe.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg

I have a totally separate Flickr account just for my Sims stuff :) That works well for me. I hope you decide on something, would love to see your stuff! Taking and posting pictures is definitely the most tedious part of building and sharing, I agree. Still hope to see you entering! :)
    Oh so true, I think this is why I don't get many builds finished :O

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Beautiful entries everyone!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #53 THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Don't forget to check out our fb page and twitter feed for all the latest BuildnShare news!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    are CC allowed?
    kerplukee wrote: »
    are CC allowed?

CC is always allowed unless specifically prohibited in the brief, @kerplukee . Just be sure to list the credits for your CC when you post your entry! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much to @BuildnShare for the feedback on the Hawthorne challenge
    edited October 2016
    CHALLENGE #: 54 - An Autumn Wedding
    FORUM ID: kerplukee
    ORIGIN ID: valednr
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Midtown meadows
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 72121
    TOTAL COST: 75121
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used two main colors white and red because white is the color of wedding, and red because her name "Rose" and her trait romantic. The wedding altar is located at the center surrounded by the chairs where the few selected guests will take place; while building it I thought about a new ceremony/rituals: after joining at the center and make their vows, the couple has to walk to the left in order to drink from the Fountain of Love (symbol of their everlasting love) and then has to walk to the right where they'll light up the Candle of Promises (symbol that their promise will last forever). After the celebration all the guests are invited to take a seat at the table together with the couple: at the center in front of the fountain, the newly weds will cut the cake. Meanwhile the guests can enjoy themselves by the piano or sipping some delicious drinks at the bar.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES: QACuA6t.jpg
    eHLZnVD.jpg
    Post edited by kerplukee on
    edited October 2016
    @kerplukee - your venue is gorgeous <3<3
    @kerplukee - your venue is gorgeous <3<3

thank you <3
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 54 - An Autumn Wedding
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Castle Wedding
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 130,070
    TOTAL COST: 1330,070
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/CjOMy
    ENTRY DETAILS: Beautiful castle for big weddings. Lots of seating for guests and for the family. A large bar and entertainment center. A large dance floor for showing off those moves! Couches for you guests to be comfortable. A very nice kitchen for all of your catering needs.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please! I love Constructive Criticism!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    @SyddyB206 - love this, a very grand venue <3<3
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @SyddyB206 - love this, a very grand venue <3<3

Thank You!
    0TSlsxY.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list