January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄

Cars in the city

I live in a big city. I drive but I grew up in a much smaller city and my job is about an hour away. (I do sometimes take the train because traffic sucks) I take public transportation anytime I am going downtown. I meet many people who have never driven a day in their life and don't plan to. San Myshuno is meant to be a modern, 21st century city and I think it fits the bill. Many developers are focusing on mixed use building and there are bicycle lanes on every street. Most large companies offer discounts on public transportation. Look at lyft and uber, lots of people use them one way because they took the bus or walked the other. I would love cars in this game but I don't think I pack about city living was the place to implement them.

Comments

  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Wow imagine my sims calling for an uber to work. Fingers crossed!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,182 Member
    Hi :)

    I disagree... Unless there's going to be a Racing pack, the city would have been a great time to add cars, Taxis, bikes, skateboards, buses. But I'm just a darn little country mouse whose idea of a big ole' city is traffic jams, noise, crowds of people, new AND old buildings,...
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

    I disagree... Unless there's going to be a Racing pack, the city would have been a great time to add cars, Taxis, bikes, skateboards, buses. But I'm just a darn little country mouse whose idea of a big ole' city is traffic jams, noise, crowds of people, new AND old buildings,...

    Disagree all you like. Honestly I was just getting sick of people's response to @luthienrising I think the car thing depends on the layout of a city IRL. Yes to cars in sprawling cities like Houston, TX but no to them in places like NYC and Tokyo. Compact cities with good transit and "walkability" don't really need cars and a common complaint I've seen is that the map for San Myshuno is too small.
  • UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I live in a big city. I drive but I grew up in a much smaller city and my job is about an hour away. (I do sometimes take the train because traffic plum) I take public transportation anytime I am going downtown. I meet many people who have never driven a day in their life and don't plan to. San Myshuno is meant to be a modern, 21st century city and I think it fits the bill. Many developers are focusing on mixed use building and there are bicycle lanes on every street. Most large companies offer discounts on public transportation. Look at lyft and uber, lots of people use them one way because they took the bus or walked the other. I would love cars in this game but I don't think I pack about city living was the place to implement them.

    So what about public transportation in City Living ?
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    Unrealny wrote: »
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I live in a big city. I drive but I grew up in a much smaller city and my job is about an hour away. (I do sometimes take the train because traffic plum) I take public transportation anytime I am going downtown. I meet many people who have never driven a day in their life and don't plan to. San Myshuno is meant to be a modern, 21st century city and I think it fits the bill. Many developers are focusing on mixed use building and there are bicycle lanes on every street. Most large companies offer discounts on public transportation. Look at lyft and uber, lots of people use them one way because they took the bus or walked the other. I would love cars in this game but I don't think I pack about city living was the place to implement them.

    So what about public transportation in City Living ?

    That would've been awesome
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,205 Member
    I'm really not on either side of this car-situation, to be honest. Sure, I would love it if they were added, but at the same time, I don't care, because they'd be absolutely pointless in this game. (In my opinion. :p )

    When I think "big city", yeah, I do think "vehicles", which applies to public-transportation (so yes, I do think this would be a good pack for them). But honestly, I don't see either of those things being possible in CL, anyway. The playable areas in San Myshuno look to be off to the side, away from the busy roads, so again, there would be no point.

    Either way, it doesn't matter much to me, and if these things did make an appearance (at any time, really), it would be a pleasant surprise.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited September 2016
    If you go to cities like New York you will, without fail, see horrendous traffic almost everywhere. Same in London and Paris. But most people in these cities will definitely not travel to work via car, most will use public transport.

    A lot of the traffic will be taxis/cabs as well.


  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited September 2016
    I want to see public transportation I live in Los Angeles California I see buses and taxi uber and lift all over I already see cars in city living so I'm not worried about that but if your going to live in city I want public transportation.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,178 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I live in a big city. I drive but I grew up in a much smaller city and my job is about an hour away. (I do sometimes take the train because traffic plum) I take public transportation anytime I am going downtown. I meet many people who have never driven a day in their life and don't plan to. San Myshuno is meant to be a modern, 21st century city and I think it fits the bill. Many developers are focusing on mixed use building and there are bicycle lanes on every street. Most large companies offer discounts on public transportation. Look at lyft and uber, lots of people use them one way because they took the bus or walked the other. I would love cars in this game but I don't think I pack about city living was the place to implement them.

    Stay tuned. They're announcing a new gameplay object in the Livestream Friday. I wouldn't rule out cars being revealed.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top