Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here is MY Biggest Issue

fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It might not seem like much, but it's HUGE to me.

So today, I went in to my Lance save and decided to add my lesbian couple from another save for him to have a group with. Since I had to spend time on that lesbian couple and have them buy Celia's art gallery and fill it, I was away from Lance's household for a good while today.....

But I went back and this is what I get:
nBYZu8G.png?2
kr3yeYu.png?1
ajS0pN3.png?1
l53lijs.png?1
What's wrong, you might ask.

Well let me tell you!

My sim NEVER spoke with Bob, Moira, Summer, Eric or Vivian while I played him. While I was playing him, I was building up relationships with Bo, Cassidy, Tiana and Olivia. The game totally downplayed the friendship I developed between Lance and Tiana, but upped the non-existent one between Lance and Summer. It also added in Eric, Vivian, and other premades. It lost anything I worked on with Bo and Cassidy.

I make MY sims to play MY way. I WANT things for them! I SEE things for them. But this game takes it all away EVERY time I decide to expand my simhood!

I want to know WHY am I playing this??????

@SimGuruDrake

ETA....my photosite is only showing the one sim panel that I copied.
*Fixed*

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    A premade "Moira" who my sim never spoke to at all aside from a group conversation has just as strong of a relationship with Lance as a sim "Tiana" that I made and who my sim had countless conversations with, and invited over, and called many times to up the friendship. I am not interested in Moira! I worked hard on Tiana! Much harder than Summer or Bob, who my sim only got one call from to visit a venue for lunch which I declined.

But Bob has a bigger bar than Cassidy, who my sim also called several times.

Do you SEE what I am saying here?
    This is why I feel like I am fighting a losing battle to play it my way.

No matter what I do, the game is against it. Shoving the premades in my face...and ignoring everything I take the time to build and work on.

I has a sad again....

1724528-i_has_a_sad_zpsqbjdpq5m.jpg
    There is NO way Sims 4 is compatible with MY style when this happens. I wanted to play Lance tonight, but after this, and working to make his world what I see for him and then going back and seeing what the game does to my work?

I can't.
    DJNS wrote: »
    You have perfectly summed up my frustration with this game. I am so sick of having the relationships I work hard to build dessimated while random relationships I don't want and haven't initiated flourish. Don't give me freaking candles and a dress! Fix my game! And stop advertising this game as something I control when that's obviously not true. So either stand behind your advertising, EA, or refund my money. Point blank period.

This is detrimental to how many of us play this game. It's ruining everything about rotational play that the original S4 base game brought back in. This is a game for single household play. Just like S3.

This is why I said that I can't play until it's done. And then I will mod the heck out of it to play my way.

Fix it!

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    I'm sorry this happened. Yeah seems like Sims is becoming less 'play your way' and more 'forget your way you play MY way' kind of game.

I had to exit. I cant' play their way with THEIR sims in the forefront. Don't freaking PUSH them on my sims!

So yeah, I'm out until this is fixed. And if it's never fixed I will wait til S4 is done in a couple of yrs and then mod it to make it playable because it sure isnt playable to ME right now.

They ignore these very big issues with gloss-overs of silly content and silly challenges.

They AREN'T listening!
  • DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    You have perfectly summed up my frustration with this game. I am so sick of having the relationships I work hard to build decimated while random relationships I don't want and haven't initiated flourish. Don't give me freaking candles and a dress! Fix my game! And stop advertising this game as something I control when that's obviously not true. So either stand behind your advertising, EA, or refund my money. Point blank period.

I had to quote myself to correct my spelling because for some reason I can't find the edit button.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I have suffered from the abrupt relationship decay as well. Had to download MC Command Center, which I'm never uninstalling if I can help it.
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I have suffered from the abrupt relationship decay as well. Had to download MC Command Center, which I'm never uninstalling if I can help it.

It is MY opinion that the creators of this game should fix it over having to update a mod every month. Just FIX IT so players don't NEED the mod.
    edited September 2016
    fullspiral wrote: »

It is MY opinion that the creators of this game should fix it over having to update a mod every month. Just FIX IT so players don't NEED the mod.

Oh I definitely agree! It's a disturbingly game breaking bug.

It's not a bug though. It's how they see it should be played! For performance! Their sims take precedence over our sims in the great culling debate. What they need to do is change that.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I really do hate the social decay. I don't particularly mind when my Sims meet and converse with others while I'm away but I haaaate when relationships just disappear. Even with the aspiration trait, I forget what it's called but it says friendships decay slower, it still seems like it's not enough. I haven't tried with the Social Aspirations Master traits but I can't imagine those would help any more.

It seems the ONLY way to get around this is to not change to another household and only play a single house, which I know for some people just isn't fun at all.

This decay is really something that needs to be tweaked or fixed or something. If you go to another house they shouldn't lose relationships. Period. No matter how long you're gone. Gain friends and enemies they didn't previously have, sure I can understand that because their world is continuing even when you're away but the relationships they already have should not disappear. It might be nice if they fluctuated maybe but not to the point of starting over.

It's a huge pain.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    I really do hate the social decay. I don't particularly mind when my Sims meet and converse with others while I'm away but I haaaate when relationships just disappear. Even with the aspiration trait, I forget what it's called but it says friendships decay slower, it still seems like it's not enough. I haven't tried with the Social Aspirations Master traits but I can't imagine those would help any more.

It seems the ONLY way to get around this is to not change to another household and only play a single house, which I know for some people just isn't fun at all.

This decay is really something that needs to be tweaked or fixed or something. If you go to another house they shouldn't lose relationships. Period. No matter how long you're gone. Gain friends and enemies they didn't previously have, sure I can understand that because their world is continuing even when you're away but the relationships they already have should not disappear. It might be nice if they fluctuated maybe but not to the point of starting over.

It's a huge pain.

I get that. But why didn't Bob, Moira, or Summer deteriorate? Why, in fact, did Bob, Moira stay the same and Summer gain?

Why was it only the sims I worked on that lost ground but premades gained or stayed the same? They are telling me who my friends should be.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    My friend has never played a sim game and I decided to let her play today. I was away from my family for ONE SIM DAY, not even the entire sim day, and my main family atm had lost most of their relationships.
    My Sim had forgotten her workers (she owns a restaurant) and her close family friends. Everyone else she met was culled although I wanted to start up some relationships.
    I had to exit to restore my save. When will they get this fixed??? This plum is exactly what I mean by "TS4 isn't inclusive." It has 1, maybe 2 playstyles and everyone else can just kick rocks.
  • xXKuroFaiXxxXKuroFaiXx Posts: 83 Member

It's a huge pain.

I get that. But why didn't Bob, Moira, or Summer deteriorate? Why, in fact, did Bob, Moira stay the same and Summer gain?

Why was it only the sims I worked on that lost ground but premades gained or stayed the same? They are telling me who my friends should be.

Is it maybe because the premades and Moira are all unplayed households and your sim's other friends are played households?

• ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member

Is it maybe because the premades and Moira are all unplayed households and your sim's other friends are played households?

I wish I knew. It's just so dumb. You could maybe test Spiral's thought, see if that's the problem maybe it is I dunno. I just really hope it gets addressed in the future.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

It isn't a bug because it is meant to happen. This is just one of the reasons why I see this game as targeted at new simmers of a different type and not at all at traditional simmers who played the previous games too.

I have played a lot of games for many years and the idea behind TS4 seems to be to target the game at the following new type of simmers:
    1. Simmers who mainly like to create all kinds of different looking sims.
    2. Simmers who like to create sims and to build and decorate houses much more than they like to play the game.
    3. Simmers who just want to look at their created sims having parties and do similar things while the sims make random new acquaintances and who like to have a vivid always changing population in the game.

This game isn't really meant to be played as a social game. It is more a game where you either want to collect items, advance in work careers or to mainly just watch you sims flirting and building random relationships to random sims. But even more it is a dollhouse game for people who mainly want to make dolls and dollhouses. I don't want such a Sims game either because I am a gamer and not a builder or a young teen who only want to watch her dolls a little while the dolls are making up things at their own.
  • BellycrowBellycrow Posts: 72 Member
    You have perfectly summed up my frustration with this game. I am so sick of having the relationships I work hard to build dessimated while random relationships I don't want and haven't initiated flourish. Don't give me freaking candles and a dress! Fix my game! And stop advertising this game as something I control when that's obviously not true. So either stand behind your advertising, EA, or refund my money. Point blank period.

This is detrimental to how many of us play this game. It's ruining everything about rotational play that the original S4 base game brought back in. This is a game for single household play. Just like S3.

This is why I said that I can't play until it's done. And then I will mod the heck out of it to play my way.

Fix it!

Agreed. I only bought Sims 4 because it brought back rotational play from Sims 2. I hated being forced to play only one household in Sims 3 because if you dared visiting another household, the game would undo hours of play. And this was apparently considered SUPER FUN and story progression! And here we are again, EA trying to turn Sims 4 into Sims 3. Relationships don't matter in a SIMS game! SIMS!! So, I stopped playing Sims. I'd install Sims 2 and just play that if only my computer would allow it.

:(
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I'm not sure how similar 4 is to 3 but in 3, you can buy (with lifetime happiness points) a reward called "Long distance friend". This stops relationships with your family and mates decaying.

If that isn't available in 4, is there a cheat you can use to fix relationship decay?

I use "testingcheatsenabled true" in Sims 3 and then if any relationships are going down when they shouldn't, I literally click on the relationship bar with the mouse and drag it back up again.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @plushtrap_107 there are ways to fix it in TS4 but they require mods. With mods you can play rotationally in TS3 too, but I think the point they are making is that this is a completely ridiculous mechanic to put in a Sims game and many people would like to see this either removed or reworked so that players have more control over it.

I don't really play it because I don't think it's fun and it eliminates my play style, but if I did play it I would need mods too because the culling is totally unacceptable. Because they patch so frequently, and I don't really like the game, I'm just not motivated enough to go through all that mod updating every month.

If they never intended this to be a Sims game in the first place, one that could be played like the other PC Sims games, then they shouldn't have tried to fool everyone by calling it a Sims game.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Bellycrow wrote: »

Agreed. I only bought Sims 4 because it brought back rotational play from Sims 2. I hated being forced to play only one household in Sims 3 because if you dared visiting another household, the game would undo hours of play. And this was apparently considered SUPER FUN and story progression! And here we are again, EA trying to turn Sims 4 into Sims 3. Relationships don't matter in a SIMS game! SIMS!! So, I stopped playing Sims. I'd install Sims 2 and just play that if only my computer would allow it.

Yeah unfortunately they aren't even trying to turn it into Sims 3. It has shoddy SP, which means you still have to run around playing rotationally.. or at least trying to re-populate the town so that if you're playing generationally that there IS someone left. BUT then like you said, you leave your house for ONE second and BLAM. Mayhem with all the work you did and a risk of culling the sims you worked on.

So I'm really not sure WHO this game is for. It doesn't really cater to rotational, but definitely doesn't cater to Legacy players. I have to agree with @erpe that this game seems to be made for those that like to create sims, and run around with them making acquaintances. It smacks very much of an online game where you are constantly meeting "new" people, passing them by, and then meeting a new wave of people the next time you play. And so on.

Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Bellycrow wrote: »

Yeah unfortunately they aren't even trying to turn it into Sims 3. It has shoddy SP, which means you still have to run around playing rotationally.. or at least trying to re-populate the town so that if you're playing generationally that there IS someone left. BUT then like you said, you leave your house for ONE second and BLAM. Mayhem with all the work you did and a risk of culling the sims you worked on.

So I'm really not sure WHO this game is for. It doesn't really cater to rotational, but definitely doesn't cater to Legacy players. I have to agree with @erpe that this game seems to be made for those that like to create sims, and run around with them making acquaintances. It smacks very much of an online game where you are constantly meeting "new" people, passing them by, and then meeting a new wave of people the next time you play. And so on.
    Things doesn't work that way in the online games that I play or played earlier. So I actually believe that the gameplay in TS4 is more inspired by the way young teens actually live where they get new friends on Facebook all the time and meet new acquaintances everywhere. For teens such relations are rarely very serious and they are often soon forgotten.

You can also see some of this in reality shows. So in a game targeted at new casual young teen gamers I don't think that it is so strange that EA wanted to try this in a Sims game too. It just makes the game completely uninteresting for an adult more serious gamer like me who needs much more challenging gameplay.
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @HappySimmer3, aha, now I understand! That is awful though, how can you work hard to have friendships if the game is constantly sabotaging it?

I reckon it would be better if it was a feature that could be turned on or off, then everyone would be happy :)
    I call the relationship decay a "bug" because it didn't happen to me before August 2016. I realized one of my sims' best friend was missing from the relationship panel. Which was absolutely aggravating.

But I know everything else (culling, autonomous friendships, etc) is intentional. TS4 is an annoyingly social game. They will even interrupt someone else's bathroom break to talk. Problem is we have little or no rule over it.