Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Traits

CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
I've been looking for a list of hidden traits online and haven't found much about them. By hidden traits I mean traits that are NOT in CAS and are NOT in the list of traits that can be bought at the rewards store. They are traits that aren't named in the game. There were several in Sims 3 (fire resistant/pyromaniac, burglar/can apprehend burglar, rocker, etc.) and it's possible that there are a few in Sims 4

Left handed/Right handed
Alien

We also got one added in a patch called Has Been Scientist that allows former scientists to make serums.

Does anyone know more of these? Carl's only lists the traits found in the rewards store.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Don't each of the Sims have their own favorite drink? Not sure if this has to do with a hidden trait though.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @CorkysPetals check out this mod, Show Sim Info.

You can use it to see any traits (and other info, read the description page) on your sims. Skills, traits, job, housemates, age info, etc. VERY handy "details" mod. :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There's all the different death traits that turn sims into various ghost types.
    Has met nanny.
    Has been scientist.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    @egwarhammer

Thanks, I just installed it. There were some I knew about : the new gender options, handedness, hates fruitcake, days until age up, has been scientist and those sorts of things.

Some I didn't know about: Been Kissed, Had WooHoo, Has had experimental food, Can age up, Gender preference, Is Born From Alien Abduction, Has Visited Forgotten Grotto, Has Visited Sylvan Glade, Joined Fifty Mile High Club.

Since the mod shows the hidden traits that sims DO have, we don't see the other traits they don't have. I may do some more hunting later, I'll post any other hidden traits I find.
    Another hidden trait is had fight. I realized that the had fight, been kissed and had woohoo traits are things that show up on the ingame stats list. I'm not quite sure how those traits affect a sim after they've been acquired.
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Interesting. What do some of these hidden traits do? Besides the obvious, such as left/right handed or gender preference...
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Movie Hangout Stuff also added hidden traits. I'm not in game atm so I can cheat to look them up but they give your sim a favorite movie genre.
    I think the visited Sylvan Glade trait it means your sim gets the option of clicking on the tree and traveling directly to Sylvan Glade without having to do the follow the prompt puzzle. The fifty mile high trait may trigger the player achievement (cuz it doesn't do anything else!), the experimental food trait must let them cook the food at home.

The favorite movie trait appears only after they watch a movie and declare their favorite movie type. After that they enjoy that type of movie more than other movies.

And I found a new trait. Is Adoptable. I have no idea what that does.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Favourite drink, favourite genre, age, species (ghost and caused by what and alien)
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    So there is a gender preference? :o I thought there wasn't... can we also alter this with the mod? :#
    edited September 2016
    I think the visited Sylvan Glade trait it means your sim gets the option of clicking on the tree and traveling directly to Sylvan Glade without having to do the follow the prompt puzzle. The fifty mile high trait may trigger the player achievement (cuz it doesn't do anything else!), the experimental food trait must let them cook the food at home.

The favorite movie trait appears only after they watch a movie and declare their favorite movie type. After that they enjoy that type of movie more than other movies.

And I found a new trait. Is Adoptable. I have no idea what that does.

"Is adoptable" is probably for the sims that are spawned when you open the adoption selection screen on the computer. They probably remain adoptable by any household until they age up past adoption age. New ones are probably spawned as needed.

@EmmaVane

The "is adoptable" trait came from a young adult who started out as a townie child and grew up in game. Maybe once they get that trait it stays with them for the rest of their sim lives.

@vanee4

Maybe it's like in Sims2 where they start out neutral and develop with game interactions. I don't know if it can be altered.

555_zpsspu5rr4v.png

666_zpsvm4p9fbt.png

vanee4 wrote: »
    So there is a gender preference? :o I thought there wasn't... can we also alter this with the mod? :#

My gender preferences are changing as my sims interact with either the same or opposite sex for woohoo options. I don't know about decreasing them, if that's possible, but if you have sims "fooling with" one gender or the other, that pref does go up the more times they get together.

Some sims are coming in with M/F 0/0 settings, some are 0/100 or 100/0 (and may be either for the same or opposite sex, I just spotted a little boy who's already decided he's gay...), and some are truly Bi... 100/100 in the field.

Show Sim Info (link at the bottom of my sig) shows all of this. <3
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited September 2016

My gender preferences are changing as my sims interact with either the same or opposite sex for woohoo options. I don't know about decreasing them, if that's possible, but if you have sims "fooling with" one gender or the other, that pref does go up the more times they get together.

Some sims are coming in with M/F 0/0 settings, some are 0/100 or 100/0 (and may be either for the same or opposite sex, I just spotted a little boy who's already decided he's gay...), and some are truly Bi... 100/100 in the field.

I thought all sims were neutral until we decide for them?
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    This topic made me curious about digging into game xmls.
    I found these hidden traits in the xml files , there also a ton of hidden buffs that controls sims emotions and actions.

hidden_trait1.png
    hidden_trait2.png
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
    edited October 2016

I thought all sims were neutral until we decide for them?

I thought they meant they'd have "standard" CAS settings for males and females, which all of mine have had.

They haven't really said much (that I've seen) about gender prefs, because so far they don't do a lot, that I can tell. But they're there, so I started using SSI to see who wanted what, and I've been using MC to set either opposite or same sex flags on some.

As for the little boy? Seems pretty sure of what he wants...

11mcig3.jpg
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    Weird. I had no idea the game created gay sims I thought they were all bi and were influenced by whoever flirts with them.
  • vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    Wow. I thought they had no preference whatsoever. Cool, will keep an eye on that! Thank you all so much for discovering and sharing this!
    Do they have gender preference in the vanilla game, or is it added my MCCC?
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It's in Vanilla game :)
    Capture.png

Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
    Capture.png

That's cool. :)
    Capture.png

Not to me. Kind of goes against the tagline "you rule".
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Capture.png

Not to me. Kind of goes against the tagline "you rule".

All sims are bissexuals by default, you change this via romantic interactions...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top