Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Solution to the Shortage of High Rise Lots in EP3- Brought to you by Sterling Construction

Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D2F7306483E311E68B06A46AF90B8639?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tonysterling&max=50&maxis=false

Worried about the shortage of Sky High space in the new EP 3? WORRY NO MORE! Our brilliant design solutions team has developed this AMAZING plan to solve all you space needs! EVERYTHING you need for ANY TYPE OF COMMUNITY LOT is right here- for you! Just plop it on a High Rise shell and whenever you want to do anything different just change the lot designation! NO REALLY- It's just THAT EASY and it's ALL FOR YOU!

But Jason, you say, I want to go home sometime and enjoy the same beautiful views. Silly, did you think I'd leave that out? BUT NO! Just change the designation- again- repurchase the space and just head on upstairs to your loft apartment- due to resource and time constraints I just reused my Brickery Loft apartment and just plopped it on the second floor, nothing new for this design but I'm sure you understand :) and you can just see pics of it on my Gallery.

Oh, but you say, I'm a builder/decorator I feel left out... :( Of course I wouldn't forget you! STOP CRYING! All of the walls are unpainted (mostly) so that you can put YOUR STAMP on YOUR SPACE designed BY ME. So, get to painting and enjoy ALL THAT CREATIVE FREEDOM! And since I ran out of time you can put the lights in too! YOU RULE!

There's no need to thank me- I am here to serve!

09-26-16_7-18-37nbspAM_zps53kdxptb.png

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Interesting idea. When CL is released, I think I'll do it properly, you know, with lights and a talent for designing.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Interesting idea. When CL is released, I think I'll do it properly, you know, with lights and a talent for designing.

What you don't love my design? I worked fifteen minutes whole minutes and on that this morning. My feelings are hurt- :(. Well not really, after all you're buying this EP so what does that say about your powers of perception in regard to design. Anyway if you want a limited troblesome one lot game then I HIGHLY recomnend you put those undemonstrated design skills of yours to work and build the game of your dreams using my outline above. Much luck to you.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    :chuckles and shakes head:
    Extreme (albeit humorous, seriously, nice job on the write up lol) sarcasm aside, that's a really good idea that I may have to implement for one of my high rises.
    I think I'd model it after the West Edmonton shopping mall in Canada, though.

P.S. Off topic but I really love your Massive Luxury Overdose build!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

What you don't love my design? I worked fifteen minutes whole minutes and on that this morning. My feelings are hurt- :(. Well not really, after all you're buying this EP so what does that say about your powers of perception in regard to design. Anyway if you want a limited troblesome one lot game then I HIGHLY recomnend you put those undemonstrated design skills of yours to work and build the game of your dreams using my outline above. Much luck to you.

I got that you were being humorous, but several have suggested having multiple lots that you can change out as the need fits. You simply combined them into one lot. That idea appeals to me, so, I will put my undemonstrated design skill to work and create my version of your idea. I'll just wait for CL so I know the lot size.

P.S. Feel free to check out my undemonstrated design skill on the gallery. #dannydanbo
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    :chuckles and shakes head:
    Extreme (albeit humorous, seriously, nice job on the write up lol) sarcasm aside, that's a really good idea that I may have to implement for one of my high rises.
    I think I'd model it after the West Edmonton shopping mall in Canada, though.

P.S. Off topic but I really love your Massive Luxury Overdose build!

I made a shopping mall in one of the 50x50 lots ages ago. I never did go back and in now that there are more packs and set it up properly to work with everything (retail shop, restaurant, nightclub/bar, etc.). I should really revise it so each lot has what it needs and then I can simply alter the lot type depending on what my Sim wants to do that day...that's actually not a bad idea at all.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    edited September 2016

I got that you were being humorous, but several have suggested having multiple lots that you can change out as the need fits. You simply combined them into one lot. That idea appeals to me, so, I will put my undemonstrated design skill to work and create my version of your idea. I'll just wait for CL so I know the lot size.

P.S. Feel free to check out my undemonstrated design skill on the gallery. #dannydanbo

Did you? Huh... well, I was to an extent being humorous, with a more satirical response to the solution posed by other posters in regard to the woefully low number of penthouse lots. Which, of course, are some of the few fully buildable lots available at all in this EP. I honestly have no problem with placing numerous items on a lot- when it's MY choice as opposed to a necessity imposed from without. Below is a "massive use" lot I did as well that was perhaps a bit more thought out and developed compared to the still none the less beautiful example I've provided above. Which, incidentally, only FOUR people have availed themselves of so far- I'm shocked, just shocked! I don't know what else I can do for people, sigh, I guess I just have to put out the best product I can and hope people enjoy it. If the above creation I made for this post doesn't do it I don't know what will. Anyway, below is the everything use concept executed as a small urban core- apartment building, restaurant, bar, cafe, florist, movie theater, antiques store, camping store, bakery, museum, parking garage, underground transit center, clothing store, kid's science store and park. As I said, I don't mind it when I don't feel forced into it. Thanks EA for that.

1%20Title%20Page_zpshbvjyk7b.jpg

Full Gallery: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tonysterling&max=50&maxis=false

My Studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/TonySterling/mystudio
    edited September 2016
    @Ceres_Meiriona I'm glad you liked that Massive Luxury build. It was fun and a good example I think of the power of CASt. I'm just starting- I know it's been out years (LOL)- to use CAW and I'm making Sunset Valley into The Crucible Development below based on the notion of 1950-1970's City from Scratch Building, City Planning and US/European Urban Renewal.
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    edited September 2016
    I love You
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited September 2016
    "Shortage of lots".

Um, okay.

There's quite literally the same amount of lots the base game has (not counting Newcrest). So you're basically doubling your available real estate.

How does that count as a shortage?
    wJbomAo.png
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Kwanzaabot! First, I do believe that the base game (not including Newcrest) has 42 lots- 21 in Willow Creek and Oasis (not including "secret" lots). I believe the new EP comes with a total of 30- not 84. However, a careful reading of my post will reveal that I spoke of the Sky High/HIgh Rise lots in the new EP that can be used for both apartments and elevated community buildings. There are only 3 of those. So, if you wanted, say, even only two families in luxury high rise housing then you'd be left with just 1 community lot- hence my post. Thanks for reading!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Ah, you're right. I was only counting residential lots, which gives us 32 lots.
    Since there is absolutely no need to build yet another library, gym and museum, not to mention the dozens and dozens of bars that already exist, that means that San Myshuno is free to have 30 residential lots, which as I said, is (basically) the same amount of available (residential) lots in the base game.

As for the penthouses... come on. Do you really need more than three?
    If you somehow have 60 families in the game that you rotate through on the regular, then, sure. I could see why you might want more than 3 penthouses.

But only an insane person would rotate between 60 families.
    wJbomAo.png
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Ah, you're right. I was only counting residential lots, which gives us 32 lots.
    Since there is absolutely no need to build yet another library, gym and museum, not to mention the dozens and dozens of bars that already exist, that means that San Myshuno is free to have 30 residential lots, which as I said, is (basically) the same amount of available (residential) lots in the base game.

As for the penthouses... come on. Do you really need more than three?
    If you somehow have 60 families in the game that you rotate through on the regular, then, sure. I could see why you might want more than 3 penthouses.

But only an insane person would rotate between 60 families.

@kwanzaabot Well, I was referring to community lots in the original post. There are 30 total buildable lots in San Myshuno- 21 of those are set "apartment shell lots" and can be nothing else. 6 are the standard lots we are use to and 3 are High Rise lots. Now, my point was, and is, that the High Rise lots are can be used for community activities but since there are only 3 you are extremely limited. For instance, if you place only two families into penthouses (surely two families is not insane to you-lol) then that leaves you only 1 high rise lot to use as a community lot which covers everything else. So if you'd like both a rooftop nightclub and a rooftop restaurant and maybe even a rooftop spa or park then you are forced to either combine everything or forgo all but one of them completely or constantly enter build mode to delete and replace lots. I hope that this helps to clarify the issue for you.
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member

Did you? Huh... well, I was to an extent being humorous, with a more satirical response to the solution posed by other posters in regard to the woefully low number of penthouse lots. Which, of course, are some of the few fully buildable lots available at all in this EP. I honestly have no problem with placing numerous items on a lot- when it's MY choice as opposed to a necessity imposed from without. Below is a "massive use" lot I did as well that was perhaps a bit more thought out and developed compared to the still none the less beautiful example I've provided above. Which, incidentally, only FOUR people have availed themselves of so far- I'm shocked, just shocked! I don't know what else I can do for people, sigh, I guess I just have to put out the best product I can and hope people enjoy it. If the above creation I made for this post doesn't do it I don't know what will. Anyway, below is the everything use concept executed as a small urban core- apartment building, restaurant, bar, cafe, florist, movie theater, antiques store, camping store, bakery, museum, parking garage, underground transit center, clothing store, kid's science store and park. As I said, I don't mind it when I don't feel forced into it. Thanks EA for that.

1%20Title%20Page_zpshbvjyk7b.jpg

Full Gallery: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tonysterling&max=50&maxis=false

My Studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/TonySterling/mystudio

this is gorgeous! :open_mouth:
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
    @hafizchan Thank-you very much! I really had a great time doing that build!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm currently building a shopping mall in willow creek on the 50x50 lot on the left part of the map. So far I have a cafe, library, gym/yoga studio and a movie theatre. I still have space for retail but I don't know what else to put there. Any ideas?
    Don't wanna toot my horn but it's looking really good rn lol
    Post edited by MrMonty96 on
    Restaurant
    Art gallery
    Civic garden with fountain
    Civic garden with fountain

Thanks, that could fit nicely, forgot to add a movie theatre in my original post as well
    @MrMonty96 It depends on how real you want it to look but you could build some pretend parking spaces and use the kids toys (blown up to sim size) to place in some of the spaces. You could also do a kids toy store- maybe a central court type stage, in my local mall they have that for local type musicians/ Santa sits there at Christmas- A bakery- I don't know how it would work off the medical lot but you might be able to fashion a "minor emergency" type clinic with the medical stuff from GTW.
    edited September 2016
    @MrMonty96 It depends on how real you want it to look but you could build some pretend parking spaces and use the kids toys (blown up to sim size) to place in some of the spaces. You could also do a kids toy store- maybe a central court type stage, in my local mall they have that for local type musicians/ Santa sits there at Christmas- A bakery- I don't know how it would work off the medical lot but you might be able to fashion a "minor emergency" type clinic with the medical stuff from GTW.

Great ideas, I was thinking of making a toy store like build a bear and a bakery seems good, plus I have a lot of central space on the second floor for the stage, I have a mall fountain on the first floor too. Plus if you're familiar with cc creators, plastic box on modthesims made some liberated cars that are already Sim size and not pixelated
    @MrMonty96 Cool, I didn't know about the CC cars, I'll give them a look!
    Here is the mall thus far:
    5zr4km9t9hd9z9nzg.jpg
    kwr7dcsyhy6hckgzg.jpg
    si09q1a6cjemsi5zg.jpg
    oaw619538ta1p86zg.jpg
    Still have a few finishing touches though. @JasonAnthonySterling
    @MrMonty96 That looks great. I did a shopping court back with GTW and I still use it a lot with my sims! The retail side of GTW was the only part I really liked from that pack. Despite it's faults, it was still pretty good and my sim ended up making A LOT of money- lol.