Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who needs NPC Roommates...

When you can have a talking toilet as your roommate!!!!

Genius!!!

Why havent I thought this through before!
Happiness!
j9pm6g.gif

Comments

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yes, the toilet is great and all and I know you love it, but I still want both!! :/

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Lol xD
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Lol xD

Nah. Because i totally love splitting the rent with a talking toilet :wink:
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Talking toilets are the best!!! Can't believe we only had npc roommates in previous games while we could've had revolutionary talking toilets ughhh
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Toilet jokes.. ughh
    I mean yeah its ok, i wouldnt use it probably unless i once have an insane or weird sim. I am happy for those who like these kind of stuff, but for me its not important. I rather have NPC roommates and the ability to build apartments. What the heck am i supposed to be with al the fake apartment buildings i have build within the past 2 years.

They actually could have given us both options. The way it is now and then a apartment lots without the lot traits to build in all the other neighbourhoods. Even some simple apartments will already do it for me. I think many would be happy with that. I get that they dont want to focus on building this time, but if they kept it simple and just the option to split the bill into the amount of apartments we build, i would already be happy. I know this is offtopic.. just had to express my thoughts.
    edited September 2016
    auramaris wrote: »
    Talking toilets are the best!!! Can't believe we only had npc roommates in previous games while we could've had revolutionary talking toilets ughhh

Yes, ok, we know that you guys like them but having both would be even better. Well, maybe roommates return with the release of Universtiy Life ep (like in TS3).

Edit: And btw. OP. you don't need to spam in every thread how much you love the toilets, I think most of us agree with you, they are awesome =) .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

HalloMolli wrote: »

Yes, ok, we know that you guys like them but having both would be even better. Well, maybe roommates return with the release of Universtiy Life ep (like in TS3).

Edit: And btw. OP. you don't need to spam in every thread how much you love the toilets, I think most of us agree with you, they are awesome =) .

What do you mean having both? This is sims 4, we can't have both. That's why it's the best sims game ever, you don't need to make choices between things cause the game makes them for you!
    Obviously talking toilets are more useful than boring npcs or building apartments, who needs those anyway?
    edited September 2016
    Gosh, it really caught me off guard seeing so many simmers literally freaking about the toilet. Guys, I am with you, indeed, it's a cool feature but let's not exaggerate, hehe.

Again: Roommates were probably not implemented because the focus was on City Living and not on apartements only (unlike in TS2). It's not that big of a deal, especially when there is always the possibility for them to make a comeback at a later point in time (compare: Roomies in TS3 University Life).

Also building apartements was only a thing in Apartement Life (TS2, a full ep dedicated only to apartements). In TS4, however, we would need the tools to flag certain areas in the apartement-building either as rabbitholes or as spaces that require a loading-screen to become enterable etc .
    Post edited by HalloMolli on

Gosh, it really caught me off guard seeing so many simmers literally freaking about the toilet. Guys, I am with you, indeed, it's a cool feature but let's not exaggerate, hehe.

Again: Roommates were probably not implemented because the focus was on City Living and not on apartements only (unlike in TS2). It's not that big of a deal, especially when there is always the possibility for them to make a comeback at a later point in time (compare: Roomies in TS3 University Life).

Also building apartments was only a thing in Apartement Life (TS2, a full ep dedicated only to apartements). In TS4, however, we would need the tools to flag certain areas in the bulding either as rabbitholes or as spaces that require a loading-screen to become enterable etc .

Yeah totally, it's not like people living in cities have roommates or anything, it doesn't make sense for a pack that focuses on city living for sure.
    Also apartments? Who cares all I care about is my dear talking toilets, a must have for living in the city!!
    edited September 2016

Also building apartments was only a thing in Apartement Life (TS2, a full ep dedicated only to apartements). In TS4, however, we would need the tools to flag certain areas in the bulding either as rabbitholes or as spaces that require a loading-screen to become enterable etc .

Yeah totally, it's not like people living in cities have roommates or anything, it doesn't make sense for a pack that focuses on city living for sure.
    Also apartments? Who cares all I care about is my dear talking toilets, a must have for living in the city!!

Well, my first experience I had with roommates was in fact in college :D . Same applies to everybody I know. Anyway: Roommates require more resources/effort/time than a talking toilet --> roomates need an enhanced AI (in TS3 my roommates spend most of their time drinking at the bar, they were alcoholics. I loved it but many others didn't) and they need to implement an integration tool to get them into our games (reworking the UI).

Edit: Dude, I know you like the freaking toilet, I get it, you don't need to repeat everything 100 times :P .

Ok sorry. I was just overwhelmed with excitement!
    I will stop spamming other threads nao.

Thankfully i now have this thread :smile:
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif

Well, my first experience I had with roommates was in fact in college :D . Same applies to everybody I know. Anyway: Roommates require more resources/effort/time than a talking toilet --> roomates need an enhanced AI (in TS3 my roommates spend most of their time drinking at the bar, they were alcoholics. I loved it but many others didn't) and they need to implement an integration tool to get them into our games (reworking the UI).

Edit: Dude, I know you like the freaking toilet, I get it, you don't need to repeat everything 100 times :P .

Hahahahahaha. You know what.

My roommates in TS3 had day jobs (one was a lifeguard). But most days they wouldnt even go to work and just sat drinking from the bar!!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I can't think of anything worse than associating with randomly-generated townies.
    wJbomAo.png
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    @hafizchan this seems to be going over more than one head

It's not just a toilet, it's a talking toilet though!!!! I hope you won't be disappointed when we don't get npc roommates in the university pack but we'll probably get a way too cooler object like singing freezers which would be perfect for dorms! If there would be dorms that is.

Also off topic, @hafizchan your signature is adorable, i love red velvet ♡
    edited September 2016

It's not just a toilet, it's a talking toilet though!!!! I hope you won't be disappointed when we don't get npc roommates in the university pack but we'll probably get a way too cooler object like singing freezers which would be perfect for dorms! If there would be dorms that is.

I died at singing freezers xDDD

Ps: thanks! I loveeeee RV!!!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    There's always that one person that doesn't understand sarcasm:)

Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    id rather have the room mates than the talking toilet.
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    Lol Ikr ? the talking toilet won't eat Your food , won't annoy You when You're sleeping , won't invite their friends over , won't start drama with You & best of all You'll satisfy Your bladder needs right inside of it. It's a win win situation !
    Ughhh I hate NPC roommates so limited "You can't control them" and they do nothing but annoy You and ruin Your game. this is a step in the right direction ; Go Sims 4 !
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

What? What do you mean? We already have dorms. Dorms are just houses full of bedrooms, with roommates who are just people living together who aren't related. Maybe instead of dorms, they can give us talking toasters? Toasters have been in big demand and you know if faced with a fully fleshed out University experience and a talking toaster- GIVE ME THE TOASTER! I mean we practically already have University anyway- it's just a place you go to read books with other people around you and learn, HELLO the library- it's been staring us in the face this whole time. Basically they've almost finished everything any of us ever wanted! This is the best sims ever!
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I don't think talking toilets will be happy with all those angry poops. :D
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    LOL I died laughing when they showed that and how they used Japan is where they are in the real world. I saw Japanese film some time ago that had them and I was sitting there thinking really!!! That is a real thing!!! I thought it was only in anime!!! LOL I can't remember the name of the film but one of the guys in the film used the toilet as a friend. He also had this app that gave him a digital girlfriend. Turns out that app is real too!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Why do you hurt me
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm so sad we got a talking toilet, but not roommates.. I mean, yeah it's nice to talk to a toilet at 3 am at night when they woke up from a nightmare of not having toddlers and they need to vent. I'd rather to that to a npc, annoy them and have actual gameplay.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    It would have been so cool for them to do a website in the game where we can browse for new roommates and pick one by their traits and have a splitting bill system...
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif