Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Dear Bully" - A new story!

EowynEowyn Posts: 151 Member
Welcome to "Dear Bully."

I just joined this forums after not participating actively in story telling since TS3. I used to be active on the old forums as well as Modthesims. I have been casually playing TS4 but started to miss the story telling part of it.

I also feel that I have a story to tell that has been simmering in my head for a while in regards to a topic that concerns a lot of people, including one of my family members.. It's partially co-written by a friend of mine as well. :]

Please note that there's some trigger warnings - you can find these on my blog.

I hope you would like to read my story. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, be it just a friendly word or constructive criticism.

Here we go;

Click for blog <3
Post edited by Eowyn on

Comments

• EowynEowyn Posts: 151 Member
    edited September 2016
    chapter_2.png

Another update! Click here.
  • SalisaSalisa Posts: 108 Member
    This is amazing. So touching, and such a powerful start even though both updates are not overly lengthy.

I love the format you have decided to use for this. Bookmarked!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I'm really enjoying this. I'm loving the visuals and the length of the chapters. It's so effective
    to have her write to the bully, too. That's really touching.

Also, there's so much tension in terms of wanting to find out more that I'm eager to keep reading!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @Salisa Thank you so much! I am so happy that you are following my story <3 I tried to pick a different format for this compared to some of the more lengthy stories I have written for TS3

@CathyTea Thank you! <3 I do have her write directly to her bully. It was how my sister coped with bullying when she grew up. She didn't tell anyone until years after, which is really sad. Unfortunately I think that is often the case with bullying.
    I have a new update! I would make a chapter update image for it, but I am not near my editing software. I hope you like it.

Chapter 3 - click here.

Thank you @mastressalita for your PM! I will add my story asap <3
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    Hello fellow reading circle member :)

So hard to keep up all the stories in our circle! Considering some of them are PRETTY long. Mine is already 35 chapters , not too hard to catch up! If you like story based stories.

YEY This has just started ... will follow this :) *steps back into the shadows*

@xJojox Hi circle friend! Thank you for stopping by my thread - I will get rocking on your 35 chapter story and hopefully it won't take me too long before I'm caught up. I'm excited!
  • JuniperJuniper Posts: 48 Member
    I just started reading a couple of stories and WOW! This is so well written. I agree with CathyTea, the length of the chapters are very effective. It made me think of the saying "less is more." I am a writer who usually ramble and can be more lengthy, so it's really interesting to see this powerful story delivered in smaller updates.

Can't wait for the next update.
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Bookmarked. I'm intrigued by Sonia's story.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Bookmarked.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Juniper That's very kind of you. I sometimes go over and remove sentences that I have written. For TS3 I wrote more lengthy stuff but this has really been a new and different way for me to write.

@schaner Thank you! I noticed that you are doing an orphan challenge, I almost started one out myself. Will definitely check it out.

@Maladi777 Thanks! I am so happy that you decided to follow it.
    Another chapter is out!

Thank you so much to everyone who have been reading and commenting. You are all so kind <3

Chapter 4 here.
    @Eowyn really loving your screenshots! I like the idea that she's got these little rituals (like watching her feet the whole way home). I feel those touches relay the idea of her depression far more than saying "I'm sooo sad!" ever could!

Great job!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    @juniper i too am a rambler. I get a little descriptive in my chapters in my story lol!

but i do agree the the chapter lengths are really effective. i like the way its set out :)
    you can feel how sad she is.
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    I love stories like this,it's like frigging poetry

and I also love a complex character,you're great at this.

Keep at it!
    Thank you all for reading and following. When I first started writing this story in my word document, it was honestly more for myself that anything else. Then I decided that I wanted to share it because it is SO important to address bullying. It is very inspiring to see how much you like it and I am thankful for my readers and the support <3

@cshaner Thank you! I am working on improving my screenshots so I am happy to hear that you like them. It's funny that you should mention avoiding the 'I'm sooo sad" expression because I have been actively working on using other thoughts and actions to reflect her emotions.

@xjojox The next two chapters are a little bit longer - but in no means 'long' - because there's a few more things that need to be included for story progression and it would look choppy if I split it up. It's not too lengthy and only for those two chapters, though. Thank you for reading my story!

@Kelebek You made me smile. I am so glad you like it, and I hope you will continue to read and enjoy it!
    It really is a great story. Can't wait for more.

@xJojox A fellow rambler haha!
    Can I get a link to ur story @juniper

@eowyn great double update!!!
    Thank you @Juniper and @xJojox I appreciate your kind words. <3

I updated "Dear Bully" again. This and chapter 6 will be a little longer otherwise it would look very choppy - but by no means are they 'long' chapters. I hope you'll like the new update!

Chapter 5
    Jeez girl ur killing it with updates... **runs off to write lol**
    Beautiful chapter!
    Hey I'm not complaining if chapter 6 is a little longer ;) I love your story so bring it on!

@xJojox I just started it, but it's in my siggy. I'm afraid it's a lot more wordy than Eowyn's story so it doesn't have the same hard hitting impact. But it's been fun to write.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I'm really wondering why her mother is so distant. It's sad when your mother isn't there for you.
    Hello fellow Sims friends <3

I have another update! You can find chapter 6 here.

@xJojox Funny thing is.. I actually got 10 chapters sitting in drafts, fully edited and ready to go. Just don't want to overwhelm people with publishing spam so I pace it a bit ;)

@cshaner Thank you! I am so happy you like it and I loved the comments on the blog too.

@Juniper Well here's one more! I am going to expand my reading list now that I have more time on my hands, so I'll visit yours and everyone else's soon. <3 Your banner is amazing by the way.

@suzanna13 There's reasons for it, I promise. I am just slowly going into it as time goes on. Thank you for reading!