Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Teenagers Great Again!

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I saw you post the link from another post so I had to see and omg OP!!! Yessss! This is exactly what needs,to be added this seems like it would be a Sp or GP for teens but we really need this!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Great ideas...though, curfews should be, of course, optional. You know, so we can have strict parents, attentive parents, or "I don't care so long as the cops aren't bringing you home" parents. Also, you should be able to send the parents off somewhere for a specific amount of time so you can have a Wild Teen Party...with a very small random chance that the parents will come home early, kick the kid's friends out, and the Teen will be in trouble. (And, of course, Child siblings should have the option to "Call Mom and Dad and Tattle" on the phone while the party is going on to bring the "You're in Trouble" event about at will... ;) )

I could definitely see that as a teen pack, all your ideas are awesomee.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2016
    *modified to include ideas throughout the thread*

New Activities:
    • Cheerleading
    • Rock band
    • Skateboarding
    • A sport team (Soccer? Or maybe a new sport made by Sims)
    • Simblr social network (Post thoughts/photo/recent event/relationship/achieved whims to Simblr)
    • Video game console
    New Events:
    • Prom
    • Sleepover party
    • Science fair project
    • Standardized tests (for chance of scholarship $)
    • Wild teen party when parents are gone @simslovinlycan
    New Relationships:
    • Have crushes. Sims should get nervous, blush, etc around crush
    • Have role model (an adult sim whom the teen admires, teens has chance of receiving the role-model's traits)
    • Sibling rivalry (especially with jealous trait, sims try to outshine their sibling) @masongamer
    Boundaries:
    • Curfew based per household, so that some parents may be stricter/freer @masongamer
    • Ask parents for permission to stay out late (answer depends on parent's mood and if teen has completed homework)
    • Receive random "Where are you?/Who are you with texts?" from parents with option to lie
    • Sneak out (with a random chance of getting caught)
    • Runaway if poor relationship with family @yubell
    • Town curfew (with a random chance of getting caught, chance starts low and increases throughout night, separate from household curfew)
    • Punishments like "no tv/computer/going out" @stilljustme2
    New Interactions:
    • Learn to cook with parents
    • Learn to drive with parents (yes in a car, no snark intended)
    • "Tell-off parents" to blow off steam when tense
    • Sibling mischief ("Tell [younger] sibling He/She Was Adopted", etc) @stilljustme2
    • Siblings can tattle on eachother @simslovinlycan
    • Hook-up (a more intense make-out, TS2 snog style ;) )
    • Practice making out (with their hand/pillow/poster) @masongamer @epochism
    • Listen to earbuds/mp3 player @dannydanbo
    • Selfies and mirror primping @dannydanbo
    • Gush over celeb @movotti
    New Popularity System:
    A subtle 3-tier ranking (nothing over-the-top like TS3's celebrity system or social groups). Some sims want popularity through whims.
    • +2 Popular (Popularity gains a positive moodlet and an increase in invitations to hang out.)
    • +1 Semi-popular (there has to be a better name for this lol)
    • 0 No ranking (base, hidden)
    • -1 Invisible (negative popularity from no friends, may have negative moodlet depending on sim's traits/aspirations)
    Sims become more popular by
    • having popular friends, or A LOT of friends
    • being in a popular GT club
    • being involved in cheerleading/a sport/ a band
    • maxing a skill
    • Simblr posts earning a lot of likes
    • by some random, obscure event
    • attending more parties
    Hormones:
    • Acne
    • Mood swings
    • Random whims to do rebellious activities
    • Braces
    Tweaks:
    • Teens (and child sims) go to school wearing a backpack
    • "Make friends" at school increases relationships, not just meeting new sims
    • "Make friends" will not meet child sims at school
    • Remove "discuss property values" and "complain about local youths" chats
    • Rename first Mess Around to "Experiment"
    • Remove climax-like animation at the end of Mess Around to make it a tad more PG (this probably doesn't bother anyone else, but the thought that my 13-year-old sis's selfsim could be shaking the bed gives me a headache lol)
    • Clothing filter teen clothes (similar to the gender patch, so that adults/elders aren't dressing like high-schoolers) @Stilljustme2
    Other
    *modified to include ideas throughout the thread*
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Very cool ideas! I love the prom idea, or maybe just a school dance thing? Ooh, maybe there could be an "ask to school dance" romance interaction, and then an option to start the event, kind of like with weddings? Idk, there's a lot of cool stuff here, I'd love to distinguish the teen age group more.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Adding my voice to this! I don't care about the looks/heights as much as I do the lack of unique activities for teens. That stage gets old quick compared to the others. Would love more teen related game play!
  • Yeah I agree that teens should have more things to differentiate themselves with Young Adults. There is no point really to playing as a teen since there is nothing remarkable about their interactions with anyone else and they look identical to their young adult selves as well.
    "I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    Love these ideas...hopefully the gurus are taking notes....Here's one, if a teen is having a mood swing and are feeling depressed they have a hard time getting up for school and are late or they go to school but end up skipping class. The parents get a notification from the school.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    pinedasgal wrote: »
    Today my teen sims were discussing neighborhood property values because they didn't have much else to do. Yawn, TS4 teens are essentially the same as adults, but with homework. So I started jotting down concepts of what could make them more youthful, lively and enjoyable. These are just a few of my silly whims-- I'm here because I would love to hear your opinions and fun ideas for teens too!

New Activities:
    • Cheerleading (omg yaaaasssssss)
    • Rock band (I feel like it's more fitting to a glamour-themed-pack)
    • Skateboarding (omg yaaasssss and they can skateboard INSIDE the house and make their parents yell at them for ruining the floors!)
    • A sport team (Soccer? Or maybe a new sport made by Sims)
    • Simblr social network. Post thoughts/photo/recent event/relationship/achieved whims to Simblr
    • Video game console (coming with City Living)

New Events:
    • Prom (yaaasssssss)
    • Sleepover party (yaasssssssss)
    • Science fair project (HECK YEAH and the smarter teens will finish it sooner and stuff)
    • Standardized tests (for chance of scholarship)

New Interactions:
    • Learn to cook with parents
    • Learn to drive with parents (yes in a car, no snark intended)
    • "Tell-off parents" to blow off steam when tense
    • Ask parents for permission to stay out late (answer depends on parent's mood and if teen has completed homework)
    • Sneak out (with a random chance of getting caught)
    • Receive random "Where are you?/Who are you with texts?" from parents with option to lie (thats so cool!)
    • Hook-up (a more intense make-out, TS2 snog style ;) ) (yyyaaaasssssss)

Hormones:
    • Acne (yes!! i miss the acne so much! and body hair!)
    • Mood swings (obviously needed)
    • Random whims to do rebellious activities
    • Braces

Tweaks:
    • Teens (and child sims) go to school wearing a backpack
    • "Make friends" at school increases relationships, not just meeting new sims
    • "Make friends" will not meet child sims at school
    • Remove discuss property values chat
    • Rename first Mess Around to "Experiment"
    • Remove climax-like animation at the end of Mess Around to make it a tad more PG (this probably doesn't bother anyone else, but the thought that my 13-year-old sis's selfsim could be shaking the bed gives me a headache lol)
    • Return of the curfew ((with a random chance of getting caught, chance starts low and increases throughout night)

Ideally, if we had pre-teens some of these would go into this but I don't want to ask for too much considering toddlers=shooting for the moon.

I wanna hear from you though! help me add to the list :D:D:D

YAS YAS YAS!!! I'm really into family-play and I think it sucks (for me) that it seems like they're targeting YA and not just teens.

-Yarden.
  • HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Good ideas! I miss proms :)
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Some of what you listed here seems more fitting for children than teens (sleepovers, science fair projects) but that's probably just because I have absolutely no social life. :p If kids get sleepovers I'd like to see teens get them too.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the rating system because I'd hate to try having a popular sim and then with the relationship decay problems for them to suddenly be a total loser and ruin the storyline I was going with. But that's just me.

I don't see us getting cars in TS4, and if we do, not ones that we can drive around, but I like the idea.

I really like the ideas you had when it comes to the teens emotions, mood swings would be interesting and crushes a dream come true!

I also agree that the current Mess Around action is a bit too much, I don't happen to like it for Woohoo either. My sister loves this game and she's 11, but when they upped the Woohoo it got a bit more unsettling.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
    Love these ideas...hopefully the gurus are taking notes....Here's one, if a teen is having a mood swing and are feeling depressed they have a hard time getting up for school and are late or they go to school but end up skipping class. The parents get a notification from the school.

I love that! Makes sense to rabbit-hole the situation, because who knows what our teens are doing when they should be in class ;)
    Some of what you listed here seems more fitting for children than teens (sleepovers, science fair projects) but that's probably just because I have absolutely no social life. :p If kids get sleepovers I'd like to see teens get them too.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the rating system because I'd hate to try having a popular sim and then with the relationship decay problems for them to suddenly be a total loser and ruin the storyline I was going with. But that's just me.

I don't see us getting cars in TS4, and if we do, not ones that we can drive around, but I like the idea.

I really like the ideas you had when it comes to the teens emotions, mood swings would be interesting and crushes a dream come true!

I also agree that the current Mess Around action is a bit too much, I don't happen to like it for Woohoo either. My sister loves this game and she's 11, but when they upped the Woohoo it got a bit more unsettling.

I feel like teenage sleepovers and child sleepovers are very diff, so both are needed! Teen girls: do nails/makeovers, talk about crushes, dancing. Children will play party games, play dress-up and watch cartoons. Idk what boys do lol, video games? btw-I was definitely doing science fair from ages 12-17 but it depends on schooling I guess

I didn't even think of the culling issue with popularity. Hummm yeah that complicates....
  • taylor8121taylor8121 Posts: 4 New Member
    These are great ideas but there is already a hook up option. once you get your teens romantic interests they will have a 'mess around' option.
    taylor8121 wrote: »
    These are great ideas but there is already a hook up option. once you get your teens romantic interests they will have a 'mess around' option.

Well since "mess around" exactly like "woohoo," I am more suggesting a wilder make-out (fully-clothed, and over-the-covers).
  • HelgaTheSimmerHelgaTheSimmer Posts: 2 New Member

I think that if a teen yells at their parents, does mischief interactions on their siblings, gets below a C, etc. they should get a punishment like not being able to go out for a week or no time on the computer or TV.
  • chrang7520chrang7520 Posts: 407 Member
    Yes!!!!!! All of that sounds wonderful!!! The teen sims are too boring in this series...actually babies, children and teens are all boring but this would definitely make the teen group better!
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    ooh and don't forget door slamming.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I just posted some ideas for kids and teen aspirations in another thread, but it seems appropriate to this discussion...I'l just cut and past what wrote here.

"I had a thought--I think it'd be kind of cool to have unlockable child aspirations. So, you start with one of the basic four, you complete that one, and then you have the option of selecting on eof the other 3 OR a new aspiration, unlocked by completing the first! That way your brainy kid could go on to be SUPER BRAINY, instead of switching over to something else. Sure, you could make the kid well rounded if you want, but you could also double down, and it would motivate to really build beyond those 4 base skills. Each of the child aspirations requires maxing out one of those skills, so then the new aspiration would be about building the skills accessed by maxing those ones (for this to really work, there'd really need to be some skills unlocked by maxing motor, but that's another story)

So like, completing the Whiz Kid aspiration, would then unlock an aspiration that was logic focussed, like, idk, chess master or something. And creative would unlock something about playing instruments or whatver. Ect ect.

AND/OR there could be teen specific aspirations (I'm undecided whether I'd prefer the regular aspirtions to still be available,or to have fully exclusive teen aspirations. Teens really need to distinguish themselves more, but on the other hand it's SO NICE to get to a start on a lot of aspiration early...I dunno.). Anyway, the rewards could be a boost in a specific career. Like, a computer whiz aspiration which lets you start one level up in the tech guru proffession, stuff like that. A class troublemakes aspiration that boosts a criminal career. A junior spacewlker aspiration lets you skip the entry level for astronaut. You get the idea.

Anyway, I thikn it would really give kids and teens for playability if thee were more aspirations for them."
  • CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    These ideas are all so great!! I didn't really have a problem with teens before, but with all these amazing ideas I'm not sure if I can play with the normal ones again ;) I really hope the Sim gurus are following this :D
  • MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    Yes for boarding schools!
    Or at least a private or public school option!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Lots of great ideas. I never cared for the acne (yuck) but the option of cream taking it away quickly is fine. Not so keen on curfew but if the parents are with their teens after hours, then the cops shouldn't be notified. So I see a workaround for both.

I want teens to physically go to the prom. I don't want to read what they're doing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    Such great ideas! How about job shadowing too? Yes, let's make teens great again.
    Hucklekree wrote: »
    Such great ideas! How about job shadowing too? Yes, let's make teens great again.

cool idea! how would you imagine pthe gameplay for this?
  • ClaryIsASmolMemeClaryIsASmolMeme Posts: 1 New Member
    These ideas are so good!
    I feel like chores could be a good idea, depending on how they're used. So, there could be a chores list or chart, with certain jobs set for the teen (eg. doing the washing up, taking out the rubbish, etc.) by an older sim (YA-elder), on certain times & on certain days. If a teen (it could probably work for a child too) decides to do their chores, they could possibly be rewarded in some way ( Ngl I 'm a v v uncreative person so, honestly, don't ask me) and, in contrast, by not doing them, they are punished (by being told off by an older sim, or even being grounded, etc.).
    (Also I'm the biggest nerd ever & the idea of hanging up a lil' chores charts just makes me so happy tHEY COULD BE SO CUTE)
    (That, and I am in desperate need of the awkward prom photos from TS3 caN YOU IMAGINE)

Plus, if a university-themed EP ever comes out, teenage sims who consistently get good grades could be offered a scholarship prior to aging up, although I don't know whether they'd be sent off to uni early, too (*cough* have you seen how much 'juice' is consumed on campus in TS2/3 holy pooper scoopers (*cough*).

But, yeah, anyway, I'm completely down for the separation of teens from YA-elder sims.
  • MegamiNyxMegamiNyx Posts: 24 Member
    Pretty much you are saying you want a more refined version of the Sims 3 Generations. I completely agree with your dislike of how boring TS4 Teens are. TS4 is really missing....I don't really know how to explain it but this is me trying. Everyone plays the Sims in their own way. Some just play to build houses and building. Some play and do odd things like kill off their Sims in weird ways. Some only play to do challenges. Etc. I play the Sims for the family play. I like creating families and watch the family grow and seeing all the new generations come out. I hope they add a pack like TS3 Generations.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Awesome ideas. I´m looking forward to have them implemented by EA.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen