Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New traits: unflirty and vegetarian

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Cinderellimouse They kind of dropped the ball with SD a little. They could have added a Body and Soul one related to Wellness, meditation and healthy eating. For sports, don't forget Boxing is one too.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I like the new traits. I think we really need them. I'm hoping the vegetarian trait will mean more food options!

When Vegetarian was added in Sims 3 Showtime, we got tofu as an ingredient option and a lot of vegetarian versions of old standbys (like vegetarian fish and chips, etc.). I could see the same in City Living -- veggie chili for example. Since we've already got tofu dogs, maybe even the option for vegetarian franks n' beans if you've got Outdoor Retreat. B)
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I'm going to give the unflirty trait to Eliza Pancakes and tell her to, once and for all, stay the plum away from my sim!

Maybe if I change a trait to Unflirty on some of my married Sims it would keep away the random romantic bars when I'm not playing them? They're not that bothersome now that I can use Forget Sim in MC Command Center to eliminate the romantic bar while keeping the friendship intact, but could be interesting to try out.

I'm pretty sure vegetarian was a base game trait.
    It was. I think the tofu recipes were too.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited September 2016
    I like the new traits. I think we really need them. I'm hoping the vegetarian trait will mean more food options!

When Vegetarian was added in Sims 3 Showtime, we got tofu as an ingredient option and a lot of vegetarian versions of old standbys (like vegetarian fish and chips, etc.). I could see the same in City Living -- veggie chili for example. Since we've already got tofu dogs, maybe even the option for vegetarian franks n' beans if you've got Outdoor Retreat. B)
    Vegetarian was already available with the base game, it's only since Showtime where we could choose vegetarian alternatives as favorites for ALL sims and not just vegetarians. :)

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd have personally liked traits that are more obviously connected to the pack theme (maybe they are? I'm not seeing how yet), but these particular two traits were super frequently requested, so I'm really happy the team listened to those requests.

With the Spice Festival introducing new foods most likely, I can see how Vegetarian fits into the game. I've known Hindus who are vegetarian (since they don't eat beef anyway, just cut out the lamb and poultry), using more beans, lentils, and of course daal in their cooking, and there seems to be a large Indian influence in this game. (Probably not surprising considering the number of folks from that region who've come to Silicon Valley to work in the tech sector.) Vegetarian actually fits more in City Living than it did with Showtime, in my personal opinion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I'm going to give the unflirty trait to Eliza Pancakes and tell her to, once and for all, stay the plum away from my sim!

Maybe if I change a trait to Unflirty on some of my married Sims it would keep away the random romantic bars when I'm not playing them? They're not that bothersome now that I can use Forget Sim in MC Command Center to eliminate the romantic bar while keeping the friendship intact, but could be interesting to try out.

I'm pretty sure vegetarian was a base game trait.

It was. I remember the Vegetarian trait, and I never bought Showtime.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    still hoping on Adventurer/Adventurous/Adventurist.

It could fit anywhere, But this trait would really help me get closer to complete a few sims.

... City Native Aspiration... with it's description it sounds like a piece of Adventurer... But I want it to mean more than Exploring the city, I want them to be willing go places, explore the city, woods, another realm, meet new sims and not fear getting lost, and how they'll get back home... right away. and they're definitely not afraid to try new things at least once, and date outside of their life state.

wouldn't a trait like that be more likely to come with a vacation/travel pack?
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I'm thrilled about the "unflirty" trait! We also need a "shy" trait as well.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Yessssss. My vegetarian sim will open his own vegetarian restaurant!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited September 2016
    Like the idea of the unflirty trait maybe it will help my married sims be a little bit more faithful to their partner/spouse ☺
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    I would prefer City Native as a trait because when you grew in a city, you rarely want to leave it.

And I would like to make differences between the city sims, the suburb sims and the country sims.

Eh.... speak for yourself lol. I grew up in a city and currently live in one and I can't wait to be able to move out to the suburbs. But I agree it should be a trait and not an aspiration.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    I would prefer City Native as a trait because when you grew in a city, you rarely want to leave it.

And I would like to make differences between the city sims, the suburb sims and the country sims.

Eh.... speak for yourself lol. I grew up in a city and currently live in one and I can't wait to be able to move out to the suburbs. But I agree it should be a trait and not an aspiration.

I've done it and I have a love hate thing going on.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Hey, if the unflirty trait works as expected/ as guessed, people can now make as exual sims.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    QDog wrote: »

True. It would be cool if "city native" sims were uncomfortable leaving the city and got constant negative moodlets if you moved them to the suburbs lol

Ooh, I hope they did this with loves outdoors, as well, where they get uncomfortable or tense if they live in the city and don't visit the park or leave the city regularly.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    I'm really happy about the vegetarian trait because that was high on my wish list! I hope there are lots of yummy meals to support it, and some new ingredients too. I think unflirty could be useful as well.

edit: there's a new aspiration too, something about living in the city. I'll see if I can find the tweet.

I wish there was also a 'sporty' type fitness aspiration now we have basketball. A diva trait would have been good for karaoke too. I'd like to have lots of traits and aspirations.

This sounds like a cool aspiration, but I hope there is more. I want aspirations to focus on the three new careers - the biggest opportunity missed with GTW.

Also, I like the new traits. I think unflirty is a bit random for this EP, but it will be nice to have. I would have liked it patched into the Base game though. I never understood why they they didn't include the opposite of some traits in the base game (like unflirty, hates the outdours, hates children etc). I'm looking forward to vegetarian the most. I didn't use it much in Sims 3, but I have a feeling I will now. And you're right, a Diva trait would have gone perfectly! Hopefully there will be more to announce, but who knows :)

EDIT: After I wrote this, someone asked @SimGuruJM on Twitter if there will be a trait related to fitness and he said "Bracing Breezes! Makes it easier to raise fitness skill when you work out on said lot". I don't know if he was serious or not, but it would be nice if it was a trait. I would have uploaded a screenshot, but for some reason it was taking ages to upload so I gave up.

Bracing Breezes is a lot trait so any lot where you place this (I assume most people would put this on their gyms), the sims' fitness skills will increase faster.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I got a response with a tiny bit more info about the City Native aspiration. My question was, "Can you tell us which branch it belongs to? (Fortune? Popularity?) & the reward trait?"

Location? So I guess that is a new aspiration tab? I hope that means we'll get more of them in the future. Maybe a farm one when we get a Pets EP? :smiley:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I got a response with a tiny bit more info about the City Native aspiration. My question was, "Can you tell us which branch it belongs to? (Fortune? Popularity?) & the reward trait?"

Location? So I guess that is a new aspiration tab? I hope that means we'll get more of them in the future. Maybe a farm one when we get a Pets EP? :smiley:

If they are adding a new Aspiration catagory, that may be patched in. If they pacth it in, will it initially be empty, will they add a "Location" aspiration for any of the BG towns or will it not show up while empty?

I also wonder if the OR one will be relocated? It's currently under Nature, but would fit under either.

Also, bonus trait.

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

If they are adding a new Aspiration catagory, that may be patched in. If they pacth it in, will it initially be empty, will they add a "Location" aspiration for any of the BG towns or will it not show up while empty?

I also wonder if the OR one will be relocated? It's currently under Nature, but would fit under either.

Also, bonus trait.

It is nice with a new category for aspirations and I look forward to seeing the new one.

But I really hope we will get a new fitness-aspiration sometime soon. Boxing, yoga, swimming, something.
  • Options
    AuricchiaAuricchia Posts: 59 Member
    Like the idea of the unflirty trait maybe it will help my married sims be a little bit more faithful to their partner/spouse ☺

Yes! Finally
    @Nymesand on Twitter nymesims4 on Instagram
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I really think the game desperately needs all the traits and aspirations we can get but I need more slots.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Also, bonus trait.

It is nice with a new category for aspirations and I look forward to seeing the new one.

But I really hope we will get a new fitness-aspiration sometime soon. Boxing, yoga, swimming, something.
    It's a bit OT but I think Spa Day should have added a wellness related aspiration under the 'Fitness' category long ago...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2016
    Location ? I'm ready for Country Native trait (Farm EP) and Island Native trait (Tropical/Castaway EP) :) !