Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Neighborhood for Your Sims?

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'll end up living in every lot before I'm through. I think I'll start in a run down apartment on a food critic and a nice penthouse on a politician.

Do the protest happen in particular areas or is this strictly tied to the career?

During the livestream, someone clicked on the floor in the penthouse, and a Sim in the politician career had the option to protest for Speak for the Trees or something like that. So apparently if your Sim is a politician he/she can start a protest anywhere.

Oh, so it's not spontaneous Sims out like in TS3?

Don't know yet. Just know that your Sim can start one.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    What job should I give Donna Noble anyone? She is a secretary but wasn't a very good one in DW, lol....so she is more a snoop than anything. Maybe I will just let her not get rich etc. and go spy on neighbors and sale stuff at a flea market if there is one. lol

Secret Agent? I'm playing Princess Leia through a Secret Agent career but she might get inspired to go into Politics. But not until she's hit level 10, I think.

Oh. I just realized my John Watson (currently unplayed, just living in the world) needs the new Social Media career.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What job should I give Donna Noble anyone? She is a secretary but wasn't a very good one in DW, lol....so she is more a snoop than anything. Maybe I will just let her not get rich etc. and go spy on neighbors and sale stuff at a flea market if there is one. lol

Secret Agent? I'm playing Princess Leia through a Secret Agent career but she might get inspired to go into Politics. But not until she's hit level 10, I think.

Oh. I just realized my John Watson (currently unplayed, just living in the world) needs the new Social Media career.

Why Social Media? Shouldn't he be writing short stories? Just curious what Social Media will do for him?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Why Social Media? Shouldn't he be writing short stories? Just curious what Social Media will do for him?

Didn't John Watson have a blog on the BBC's Sherlock show? (I haven't rewatched that show in a long time.)

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016

Oh mine's Martin Freeman's John Watson (like @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 says), so he has a blog :) I'm thinking he could be running Sherlock's entire Social Media campaign - or become high-profile himself!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I've decided to get it. :p
    It's an EP and a new world and apartments (a top Sims feature for me) and you can visit other sims in their apartments.
    Oh, and careers. This game desperately needs more careers.

But to answer your question....
    All of them. I've got so many YAs and a lot of households have 2 and 3 sims in them.
    I am going to do a reboot and start everyone over again. I just hope there are enough cheap apartments to go around.
    I will most likely have to have them take on each other as roommates.

The big question is who goes where.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I can't stop watching the official trailer either. The trailers of The Sims 4 all have really good music, I still can't get beautiful now out my head now this song is stuck in my head too. Someone help me!

As for which aprtment/penthouse I'm going for, I have no idea. Quite a few really look great.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I plan on a penthouse ... the one with the metal or glass overhangs. Modern looking building .... I like the look of it.

Yes, modern is very nice. What do you plan on your Sims doing for a living and doing in the city?

I am eager to see a few things.

I want to know if the 'good school' option actually does anything as schools are an illusion.

I loved Bridgeport in Sims3. I am eager to have an urban look. I am in absolute love with some of the new looks/accessories shown. I might try the detective track in the new city, maybe a chef ... I dunno.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Imma have to go with the art district. I would of liked the spice district but it's a bit too "run down" for my tastes plus my sims always end up working on their painting skills so this district would probably work best for me.

This is me. Most of my sims are of the artsy type (generally writers, painters, musicians), though I do also equally create computer oriented type sims.

I am having a hard time even now committing to even this answer. I can see getting use out of all but the trashy district. Even my struggling sims don't really struggle.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It's an EP and a new world and apartments (a top Sims feature for me) and you can visit other sims in their apartments.

All of them. I've got so many YAs and a lot of households have 2 and 3 sims in them.
    I am going to do a reboot and start everyone over again. I just hope there are enough cheap apartments to go around.

Awww, hopefully it will bring you great joy, and lots more playing time. :) I am going to have a grand time moving households to the city...and the grand question is...Whom to move where?
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Here is a photo of the art district. Tbh I think it looks really nice so I would love to live here.

2aflcb6.png
    Here is a photo of the art district. Tbh I think it looks really nice so I would love to live here.
    Have art museums or art studios been confirmed yet?

I am curious about the street art part. Maybe murals could be included?

(She/her)
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Have art museums or art studios been confirmed yet?

I am curious about the street art part. Maybe murals could be included?

It hasn't been officially confirmed yet but people are leaning towards yes.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    So far I really like the spice district. It seems to be the grittiest part of town that I have seen. ;)
    <---- this girl wants to live in the grittiest part of town they have available!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Not sure how this is going to work for me. All my sims are on level 10 of their careers and are very wealthy. I think i would probably start over a new job in the city with 2 of the sims. A fresh start! I'm gonna slowly climb up and try each apartments! (Greedy)
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I love the look of the Brownstones. I hope they are not all TLC.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The neighborhood that penthouse is in that was shown in the livestream.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I'm torn between Spice District and Art District. So I'll have to wait til I get the game to make a choice.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I have a lot of Sims so I'll use all the districts, but I like the Spice Market and the arty area best right now. My favourite apartment is the artist's loft from the trailer, but I really like the really small dirty apartment as well. I'm glad it's not all shiny skyscrapers and luxury living.
  • MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    I'll wait til there's more information available but going from the livestream I think I'm liking Fashion District the most
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I love the Brownstones look but I wish a penthouse option was to own a entire one. I want a historical building my sims lovingly restored!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited September 2016
    Some of my sims will build their way up to the nicest apartments starting at the really dirty ones, but my rich/middle class sims will straight away be living in a nice apartment in the fashion/art district I think it is (the more middle class area, not the rich area)? And the rich ones will live in the penthouses because would Kim kardashian really live in a apartment which had major problems like mice, leaking pipes, small rooms? I think not ;)
    giphy_1.gif
    According to this link below, the basketball seems to be in the Spice District. Which is fine, but I would still want a nice apartment or penthouse for my family sims to live in, not a dirty/filthy one. And I like the murals stuff, which is in the Art Quarters.

Perhaps I can move/add the basketball court or mural somewhere close to my sims? (Or build a personal basketball court in the penthouse, like in the trailer?) :smile:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-sims-4-city-living-expansion-pack-1642134
    (She/her)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    According to this link below, the basketball seems to be in the Spice District. Which is fine, but I would still want a nice apartment or penthouse for my family sims to live in, not a dirty/filthy one. And I like the murals stuff, which is in the Art Quarters.

Perhaps I can move/add the basketball court or mural somewhere close to my sims? (Or build a personal basketball court in the penthouse, like in the trailer?) :smile:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-sims-4-city-living-expansion-pack-1642134

Yeah, I keep hoping they at least add a world editor in game where we can at least move things around out in the world, like we got added to the in game mechanics on the UI in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Awww, hopefully it will bring you great joy, and lots more playing time. :) I am going to have a grand time moving households to the city...and the grand question is...Whom to move where?

Now I think I will cram everyone I can into the Spice district and let the obvious ones who belong in the Fashion, Art, and Uptown districts start there, or move there as quickly as possible.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds