Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art Commune Reading Circle

Comments

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hey guys! @CathyTea asked me to post my Fey of Life updates here too, so you can all blame her for this. :D So just to clarify: this update has nothing to do with the actual reading circle, but is instead for my other story:

Chapter 24: Family Ties
    ApX4e41.jpg

I watched my brother trying to reach the sky and thought about how far we’d come.

If you wish to take a look, then feel free.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    rednenemon wrote: »
    This second chapter was...A tad draining to write:

The UnBearable Agony of Sibling Rivalry
    September's Children

Twelve is so many ! I lost count and thought that Sinbad's pair was the last . .. I bet it is draining to write .

Twelve is quite a few, yep (at some point, I lost count. And I'm the one writing it!). I do have my reasoning for choosing that number, however. Namely,
    A jury usually is comprised of twelve jurors. The battle between Malum and Meliora, in a sense, is meant to be a trial. (The only way that Meliora can prevail is if all twelve chosen jurors vote the same way, just like in a real life deliberation, I assume, all twelve jurors must decide if the defendant is guilty or innocent)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This second chapter was...A tad draining to write:

The UnBearable Agony of Sibling Rivalry
    September's Children

Twelve is so many ! I lost count and thought that Sinbad's pair was the last . .. I bet it is draining to write .

Twelve is quite a few, yep (at some point, I lost count. And I'm the one writing it!). I do have my reasoning for choosing that number, however. Namely,
    A jury usually is comprised of twelve jurors. The battle between Malum and Meliora, in a sense, is meant to be a trial. (The only way that Meliora can prevail is if all twelve chosen jurors vote the same way, just like in a real life deliberation, I assume, all twelve jurors must decide if the defendant is guilty or innocent)

Yes! And also...
    there's the religious significance of 12... and 12 months, too... It's a really beautiful and significant number. Oh! Also, think how well it fits with pairs, and this story is all about the many facets of a dyad.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    So, for a while, I've been wanting to have longer sustained conversations about our work, focusing on a specific piece/writer at a time.

Do any of you feel that way?

I know that most/all of you are super busy--I guess I am, too, though when I'm busy, I generally tend to enjoy adding on new projects. :/

I was wondering if we want to try something like "The Biweekly Writer" where every two week period, we focus on a specific member of our circle, and during that time we can ask questions about the work, join in sustained, in-depth conversations about it, share our interpretations and analyses, and so on...

I was thinking of the Writer of the Week, but with the busy schedules most of us have I'm not sure that would work. Then I was thinking Writer of the Month... not sure about that, either.

Another question that I have is that many of us are at different places in our reading--and need to be, due to commitments and schedules--so I'm not sure how that would work. We could always carry on our conversation in spoilers...

I guess it's just that I'm busting out with enthusiasm, questions, ideas, considerations, ponderings, and curiosity while reading all of this work, and I'd love to share my ideas and hear all of yours! Plus I'd love to ask nosy questions of the writer.

This could also happen in a different thread, like in the writer's thread, if she had one...

Anyway, what are your thoughts and interests regarding this?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    So, for a while, I've been wanting to have longer sustained conversations about our work, focusing on a specific piece/writer at a time.

I know that most/all of you are super busy--I guess I am, too, though when I'm busy, I generally tend to enjoy adding on new projects. :/

I was wondering if we want to try something like "The Biweekly Writer" where every two week period, we focus on a specific member of our circle, and during that time we can ask questions about the work, join in sustained, in-depth conversations about it, share our interpretations and analyses, and so on...

I was thinking of the Writer of the Week, but with the busy schedules most of us have I'm not sure that would work. Then I was thinking Writer of the Month... not sure about that, either.

Another question that I have is that many of us are at different places in our reading--and need to be, due to commitments and schedules--so I'm not sure how that would work. We could always carry on our conversation in spoilers...

I guess it's just that I'm busting out with enthusiasm, questions, ideas, considerations, ponderings, and curiosity while reading all of this work, and I'd love to share my ideas and hear all of yours! Plus I'd love to ask nosy questions of the writer.

This could also happen in a different thread, like in the writer's thread, if she had one...

so it woud be like book club where the focus is on one story?

Yes, a focus on one story/one writer for two weeks--but probably less structured than book club, where we could just talk and ask our own questions rather than answer the Coffee Hour host's questions...

Yes, a focus on one story/one writer for two weeks--but probably less structured than book club, where we could just talk and ask our own questions rather than answer the Coffee Hour host's questions...

how does one person get so many great ideas your a fountain of them.
    my story doesn't have table of contents anymore. because its harder to keep up with 2 houses.
    my story doesn't have table of contents anymore. because its harder to keep up with 2 houses.

That's ok... we can just click from one chapter to the next...

That's ok... we can just click from one chapter to the next...

see i do love you or my story would be less complicated. seriously though i love the characters.
    @rednenemon Wow! What chapters!
    did you feel like a champion boxer when you finished "I Saw Myself"?

I've also been secretly thinking that something like this would be fun and interesting! I'd totally be on board with the idea! I'd say biweekly sounds like a good schedule.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @CathyTea
    I felt like, thank goodness it's finally over! (I was agonizing over how to go about that particular chapter)

Then I realized, I can't rest yet. I still have to post a proper resolution. (Which should probably comprise of two last chapters, which should be out sometime today)

As for that author/story spotlight idea of yours? I'm definitely all for it. :)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    edited September 2016
    All right, as I stated I would:

Out With The Old, In With The New
    Keep On, Keepin On

And so, as the saying goes in Latin (and is also what I called the final section) :
    "Acta Est Fabula" (except this is a story, not a play)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg

Keep On, Keepin On

And so, as the saying goes in Latin (and is also what I called the final section) :

Guh! It's over ? It's complete ? Holy llamas ! Congratulations ! Get ready for party!

And in honor of this major accomplishment , I nominate you for our first spotlight writer starting now !

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I thought @rednenemon was going to stretch out the end so that the final chapter was posted on our anniversary next Saturday. But this works too.

It's a shame because checking Chronicles used to be one of the first things I did each morning. From the beginning to...well, waking up to the end today.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I thought @rednenemon was going to stretch out the end so that the final chapter was posted on our anniversary next Saturday. But this works too.

It's a shame because checking Chronicles used to be one of the first things I did each morning. From the beginning to...well, waking up to the end today.

Happy anniversary ! Now you can think of this as inaugurating the celebration week! And I would love to chip in with trainfare as an anniversary present :D

Chronicles has filled my evening reading slot for the past few fortnights!

When readers feel a gap when a work is done is such a sign of its quality !

edited September 2016

Keep On, Keepin On

Guh! It's over ? It's complete ? Holy llamas ! Congratulations ! Get ready for party!

And in honor of this major accomplishment , I nominate you for our first spotlight writer starting now !

I was going to suggest the same thing but you beat me to it! So yeah, I also vote for @rednenemon to be the first spotlight writer. If you want to, of course, red. :)

Congratulations on finishing your story, red! It was an amazing read! Yay, party (if you can't tell, it's really late and I should be going to sleep so I'm not being very eloquent)!

Also I haven't got around to getting that moonlight for our party dances yet. It's really cloudy right now. :D
    My Sims stories:

Keep On, Keepin On

I was going to suggest the same thing but you beat me to it! So yeah, I also vote for @rednenemon to be the first spotlight writer. If you want to, of course, red. :)

Congratulations on finishing your story, red! It was an amazing read! Yay, party (if you can't tell, it's really late and I should be going to sleep so I'm not being very eloquent)!

Also I haven't got around to getting that moonlight for our party dances yet. It's really cloudy right now. :D

One order of Finnish moonlight coming up! *check*

Let's party for the whole of red's fortnight! :)

@RipuAncestor @CathyTea

I'd be happy to be the first spotlight writer! :)

(Hopefully that won't be a problem for the other members of this reading circle)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    @rednenemon On my blog, I want to write a post that's a literary interpretation/analysis of The Chronicles. (Working title is something like: "Loving the Whole Package: The Unity of the Dyad in The Racket-Rotter Chronicles.") Would that be OK with you? If it would feel weird, I could not post it. I'd really like to explore in depth some of the ideas I got while reading this--and I'm thinking I might enjoy adding a Literature Interpretation section to my blog...

@CathyTea

I'm perfectly all right with that. :)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg