Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Gallery lot type may be RETURNING in City Living and probably free Patch????

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Remember when Get Together added the Pool lot? There is a big chance City Living adds the Art Gallery lot type that we know from TS3!
Also we do get an Arts Quarter neighborhood, where an Art Gallery would fit in perfectly.

In Art Gallerys of TS3 your paintings would appear when you sell them.

Look at the white building, you can see many paintings displayed inside it.
The-Sims-4-City-Living-Official-Apartments-Trailer-0448.jpg
(or it's just a museum type lot which looks like an Art Gallery)
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Remember when Get Together added the Pool lot? There is a big chance City Living adds the Art Gallery lot type that we know from TS3!
    Also we do get an Arts Quarter neighborhood, where an Art Gallery would fit in perfectly.

/chop/

Oh really? I did not know that!

It definitely looks like an art gallery, and it's always nice to get new venue types.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Museums already have art as required objects. I'd be surprised if this was a new venue type.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

/chop/

Oh really? I did not know that!

It definitely looks like an art gallery, and it's always nice to get new venue types.

Yeah they would replace the default paintings.
    But I think they may just put this lot as an Museum lot. (which I will only visit once)
    a256aFi.gif
    Museums already have art as required objects. I'd be surprised if this was a new venue type.

Yeah I guess I just want to see my own Sims paintings in the art gallery like how it used to be in TS3. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member

Yeah I guess I just want to see my own Sims paintings in the art gallery like how it used to be in TS3. :)

Travel to the museum lot and place them there? Wont get money though, but maybe some good publicity B)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You should add "may be" returning. I read the title and thought it had been added.

Travel to the museum lot and place them there? Wont get money though, but maybe some good publicity B)

Not my style.
    Btw awesome profile picture. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Some just call museum an art gallery and other way around.
    I used to create art gallery lots as museums in The Sims 3 and museum lots as an art gallery.
    So, the chance of art gallery lot type returning is somewhere between 20%-35% (Or is it just me).
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You should add "may be" returning. I read the title and thought it had been added.

Same here. The thread title said it was returning, yet in the post they wrote 'there's a chance" it might return. What a click bait title...
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Maybe change the title so people don't think it's confirmed when it isn't?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Or put a question mark at the end. There's certainly no reason to expect an art gallery to come in a free patch. Also, as I recall, it was the Museum in TS3 that would display your paintings sometimes and there was no art gallery. You could sell your paintings through the consignment shop until we got retail with Midnight Hollow and the glass-blowing studio that was premium content.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I love that building, it's so pretty! I guessed it was a museum lot, can't wait to visit it. :smile:
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Museum is literally an art gallery already. No need for an additional venue that serves the same purpose.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member

Is this a pre-building or a shell building cos I love those windows!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I don't know but whatever it is I like the way it looks.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Could the object on the far right be a photobooth?
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    looks like a bus stop
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    It looks like a Street Art exhibition. The ground floor looks like it has walls with painted security shutters inside it.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    On the city map there is a building with a new type of lot indicator in the Arts District. It could be an art gallery.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I wonder what the build requirements and autonomous behaviour will be like. In museum venue the visitors view paintings/statues and paint on easels so how will this new venue be different?
    I wonder what the build requirements and autonomous behaviour will be like. In museum venue the visitors view paintings/statues and paint on easels so how will this new venue be different?

"Every time a Sims learning the Painting skill sells a painting directly from the easel there is a 20% chance that painting will replace a wall decoration item in the local art gallery."
    a256aFi.gif
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member

"Every time a Sims learning the Painting skill sells a painting directly from the easel there is a 20% chance that painting will replace a wall decoration item in the local art gallery."

I've been seeing this... where are you guys quoting this from?? anyone can link me?
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
    edited September 2016
    hafizchan wrote: »

I've been seeing this... where are you guys quoting this from?? anyone can link me?

It's the way it worked in TS3 and was the only purpose of the lot. (TS4's museums have NO purpose right now)
    a256aFi.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    hafizchan wrote: »

It's the way it worked in TS3.

Ah. It was sounding like a quote about TS4.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    but I'm Sims 4 you can so easily place a sims painting in the museum. You can take a painting straight from their invetory or easel and drag it into a museum wall, add a frame and voila, it's in the museum.... If it really is an art gallery, I hope they made it different enough from a museum. Museums are boring now, as someone said above, sims just paint and view art. There was actually a thread a while ago about how to make museums(and libraries) more entertaining..... I wonder if the gurus ever saw that
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~