Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is now darker then the sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Not April Fools yet OP :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member

That's exactly what me and a good number of other people here feel about TS4.

I got you. I don't even care what you and your kind, the 'critics' in particular, think about the game. But you better learn to accept that we, the friends of TS4, love our game for what it is, thus there is no need for snarky comments like these:
    You know it's a special kind of sad when TS4 is so starved of any meaningful content to raise it above the older games that fans of it will take any bit of breadcrumbs no matter how small to try and defend it.

Let me create my own effigy: I've been eating since 1999 very well, I knew three different places and it was always delicious (literally a pleasure) and I had no complaints about the taste of the food nor the quality. Some time later, when I got inroduced to a new restaurant, I learned that there were many more ways to prepare food. Eventually the new way of preparing food made me realize that the places where I used to eat lost their glamor.

As I said: Taste is different. Everywhere.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I hate sims 3 its boring and it runs like plum. This is coming from someone who has tons of CC,Mods and store content plus all 21 games installed. Its freaking boring there aren't many things you can do to make any funner.

good for you! What makes TS4 more interesting and less boring for you? This could be an actual talking point instead of "this iteration is boring".

That being said, I know that it's horrible that EA left this to the modders, but there's a mod that makes the game run around 500% better. I think we're not allowed to talk about mods here (or are we?) so I think I can't even mention the name :I in the end for my game to stop lagging I had to set "unused cars clean up" in said mod to be done once an hour and now I can play the game with everything installed and 0 lag.

Using MC Command Center it brings the game to have more drama and the neighborhoods run how I want them to because I don't want to populate the entire worlds. TS3 lacked a good SP to and I had to use mods to make it interesting and when you play the old games there are things you can't do you can in 4.

Well there you have it....again. MC command center makes the game more fun. Thought so.

Yes, this is the whole purpose of mods. To make games more fun.

Once again you miss the point.

Nah, I think i totally got your point.

Nah...you didn't
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It is going to take a lot of life states and life stages and consequences for the Sims 4 to get even at par with deviance with the other iterations. For now, the Sims 4 is as dark as MySims was, which is more political correct friendly than anything else. As a deviant Simmer, it is one of the play styles I have been most disappointed with for this iteration feeling alienated with.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Aha, so we now changed the topic to discuss semantics?! But I enjoy reading how many creative ways you find to express your dissatisfaction for the game. At least that's somewhat entertaining.

But let me add this: Don't you think your statement was a little bit, well, presumptuous maybe? Just a question.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    It is going to take a lot of life states and life stages and consequences for the Sims 4 to get even at par with deviance with the other iterations. For now, the Sims 4 is as dark as MySims was, which is more political correct friendly than anything else. As a deviant Simmer, it is one of the play styles I have been most disappointed with for this iteration feeling alienated with.

As a "deviant simmer" myself, TS4 is just as dark as any game before it.

Here I am burning Elsa Bjergsen to death with my ghost abilities:

knjArep.png

You can straight up murder people as a ghost. You can go into a roommate's room while they're sleeping and start their room on fire. If that isn't dark, I don't know what is. TS4 has something for everybody. It's whimsical at times, and like a Greek tragedy at others. The game is already so fleshed out only 3 EPs in, I can only imagine how amazing it will be when it's completed.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    With the music of the coming vampire pack TS4 will be the darkest game of all times >:)

simsvip.com/2016/09/23/sims-4-spooky-music-scary-new-packs-preview/
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Harrison wrote: »
    Expisaly with these new lot traits. Did your power go out in the sims 3? No. Would earthquakes shakes you sims houses? No. (Unless you count dystopian oasis landing.) And what was the darkest thing we had in the sims 3? Cartoonish meteors killing your sims rarelty. This, in my opinion is why sims 4 is better then sims 3.

You don't know what dark is. That's a fact.

This would never happen in a rainbow, pancakes, happy game like TS4.
    rMlGCgE_zpsdljokcwk.png~original

Since they went back to the basics of Sims 1 with Sims 4 I wish they had added the "darkness" of it and the quirkiness of it!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016

knjArep.png

You can straight up murder people as a ghost. You can go into a roommate's room while they're sleeping and start their room on fire. If that isn't dark, I don't know what is. TS4 has something for everybody. It's whimsical at times, and like a Greek tragedy at others. The game is already so fleshed out only 3 EPs in, I can only imagine how amazing it will be when it's completed.
    Yeah that isn't dark enough for me personally. Why the Sims Medieval is actually peaking my curiosity lately because of its dark elements like the pit of death, so cool. But different strokes for different folks. I got raised on the original Sims darkness. >:) Rocket launches inside homes causing house fires and guinea pig death diseases. <3

Plus I miss ghost babies. @nickibitsward I wish they did too.

I am well aware that even @SimGuruDrake and I play deviance differently from each other and it's ok. It would be boring if every Simmer were clones of each other. I like how diverse the community is.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Oh for the love of God stop bashing other games to praise your love of a game you like. It's that simple. I find the Sims 2 and 3 darker, doesn't make them better. Do I enjoy them more, a hundred times yes. You like the Sims 4, fine, you like the others more, fine.

OP, there was no need for you to bash the Sims 3. You could simply say "Oh Sims 4 is adding darker elements, yay". You had to include you don't like Sims 3. You started this flame war yourself, not the others.

I agree. I just don't understand this need to have a nana nana na type of taunt.
    Me neither and it's been like this long before Sims 4 was even released.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Oh for the love of God stop bashing other games to praise your love of a game you like. It's that simple. I find the Sims 2 and 3 darker, doesn't make them better. Do I enjoy them more, a hundred times yes. You like the Sims 4, fine, you like the others more, fine.

OP, there was no need for you to bash the Sims 3. You could simply say "Oh Sims 4 is adding darker elements, yay". You had to include you don't like Sims 3. You started this flame war yourself, not the others.

I agree. I just don't understand this need to have a nana nana na type of taunt.
    Me neither and it's been like this long before Sims 4 was even released.

To answer both your questions: How else would OP get those sweet, sweet, Awesomes from the rabid side of TS4's fans who get off to seeing other Sims games compared negatively to their BFF?

I honestly love how OP acted all confused when people started arguing at first but just slowly let them consume the thread with no effort of whipping it back to topic.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited September 2016
    QDog wrote: »
    It's true. There are a ton of ways to die in TS4 that were nowhere to be found in previous versions. I've lost track of how many of my sims have died from emotional deaths, especially anger and laughing to death. I've also had numerous, deadly house fires and close calls with electronics.

That's one of the things I love the most about TS4: it feels like your actions have consequences.

c94f7a1ea25a45c89d46e09deebaa62ea088ee7530c07412b0b659edbe1a7860.jpg

Makes me wonder if hes a troll or not.... Especially with comments like that. I think a sim of mine unintentionally died of emotional distress ONCE in two years of having this game. It was the playful emotion i believe. Other than that I have to cheat to get them to die from a severe emotional state.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    It's true. There are a ton of ways to die in TS4 that were nowhere to be found in previous versions. I've lost track of how many of my sims have died from emotional deaths, especially anger and laughing to death. I've also had numerous, deadly house fires and close calls with electronics.

That's one of the things I love the most about TS4: it feels like your actions have consequences.

Makes me wonder if hes a troll or not.... Especially with comments like that. I think a sim of mine unintentionally died of emotional distress ONCE in two years of having this game. It was the playful emotion i believe. Other than that I have to cheat to get them to die from a severe emotional state.

I haven't even seen anyone die from an emotion yet. The first time they revealed emotions can kill sims i was worried cause i thought they would die so easily and it would be because of a ridiculous reason but the closest i've came to that point was when my sims got hysterical but they didn't die.

It really takes effort for your sims to die in this game, i used to worry about my sims repairing things, stargazing and things like that but now it's like "lol just do whatever you want, you'll be fine" My sims only died of old age so far.
  • Options
    auramaris wrote: »

I haven't even seen anyone die from an emotion yet. The first time they revealed emotions can kill sims i was worried cause i thought they would die so easily and it would be because of a ridiculous reason but the closest i've came to that point was when my sims got hysterical but they didn't die.

It really takes effort for your sims to die in this game, i used to worry about my sims repairing things, stargazing and things like that but now it's like "lol just do whatever you want, you'll be fine" My sims only died of old age so far.

Same here. They all live to an old ripe age and then expire lol. sometimes dying at my front door or at a wedding I'm having at a local park... lol I had a sim visit my sim dad and barely got to knock on the door before he dropped dead. Then death came and chatted with my dad for a bit. quite hilarious actually.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

knjArep.png

Okay I'll have to admit that i freaking dark lol I did not know you could do all that. Was he a ghost that died in a fire? I just thought they broke things. Hmm I want to try something now lol *Laughs evilly* *runs off menacingly to the sims 4*
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    auramaris wrote: »

Same here. They all live to an old ripe age and then expire lol. sometimes dying at my front door or at a wedding I'm having at a local park... lol I had a sim visit my sim dad and barely got to knock on the door before he dropped dead. Then death came and chatted with my dad for a bit. quite hilarious actually.

Oh my god i know, old random sims always die at parties or nightclubs too and ruin the mood :D
    Worst thing is they gave my sims sad moodlets even when they had no idea who the sim was.
    They ignore when someone in their own family dies but go around crying for a random sim, can't say those sims are very smart lol
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Harrison wrote: »
    Expisaly with these new lot traits. Did your power go out in the sims 3? No. Would earthquakes shakes you sims houses? No. (Unless you count dystopian oasis landing.) And what was the darkest thing we had in the sims 3? Cartoonish meteors killing your sims rarelty. This, in my opinion is why sims 4 is better then sims 3.

I'm almost 100% sure someone has already "lectured" you on the fact that you don't know TS3 very well, so I'll skip this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thread.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1