Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• PwhiskersPwhiskers Posts: 43 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I've been following this thread and have very much enjoyed everybody's updates - I love the idea and have started rebuilding Willow Creek myself a couple of days ago!
    My founding couple are pacific islander (Mickey) and Caucasian (Karen):
    09-22-16_7-39-38nbspPM_zpslv2bgdt5.png
    Mickey is getting started in the astronaut career and Karen wants to be an author. They've already gotten started on their family since Karen can easily work from home
    09-22-16_8-43-43nbspPM_zpsb0vpsny3.png
    And Mickey being a more social creature has been inviting over Windenburg-ites to entertain
    09-22-16_9-05-39nbspPM_zpsmisrnzgf.png
    Their first daughter, Lilo, is already a child and boy is she pretty!
    09-22-16_9-25-03nbspPM_zpshmipmfmh.png

Has everybody started with 4 pairs of founding couples? Or is the challenge to be played with one? I intend to start adding community lots as and when there starts to be a need for them but I would be interested to hear about what system different simmers are using :)
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Heckstress17 Funny you should mention some genetics...I almost forgot!

@Pwhiskers Welcome to our challenge! Love your founders. We just pick one set to start. We decided we'd go through each neighborhood. @Meeshelby tried to do all 4 and I think she found it overwhelming.

So...here is my Generation 8 genetics that I almost forgot since I'm on generation 9!! I think I forgot to post them for Generation 7 too!

Here you can really see while my 2 sets of twins are very similar…their not exactly identical although Brenna and Regan come close…I have a real hard time telling them apart.
    Logan
    rfxPo.png

Jayden
    rfxPG.png

Elise
    rfxPW.png

Brenna
    rfxQd.png

Regan
    rfxQB.png

• kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    @debjameswhite Love the updates, pretty neat how you made them family photo shoots.
    Regan's eyes are beautiful! <3
    @heckstress17 Aw I know, I'm the same, makes me actually play the game for what it's worth more properly, I'll miss Thomas and Suzie but I can always make them again for another save!
    @OJenn Thanks, makes more sense, otherwise I'd have no room left in Willow Creek aha.
    @Pwhiskers Welcome! I love Mickey and Karen :) I always forget to use that hair you have on Mickey, looks good :) Lilo is beautiful.

So I made a new save! Meet my new founder couple Oliver and Maria Gold, they have a home within Willow Creek ( Same lot I used last time, because I love it too much :p ) I moved the pair in, and gave the basic furniture to survive on, then I used a money to cheat to only allow them $500 and just because I want a bit more of a challenge, I am using no money cheats, they have to work REALLY hard on this save! In my last save I didn't really concentrate on their whims, skills and careers etc. So these two have my full attention before any babies come along.

The home <3

09-23-16_1-04-49nbspAM_zpsldbh0vra.jpg~original

Oliver Gold - Active, Ambitious, Romantic. Aspiration - Body Builder. Oliver has the career 'Secret Agent' and is currently an Agency Clerk there. Oliver enjoys grilling in the garden, working out and fixing things around the house.

Oliver_zpslo6chrrw.jpg~original

09-22-16_12-04-33nbspAM_zpsz5rzrvkq.jpg~original

Maria Gold - Bookworm, Loves Outdoors, Neat. Aspiration - Freelance Botanist. Maria has the Writer career and is currently a Writer's Assistant there. Maria loves to tend to her garden, write gardening and wellbeing books and watch cooking shows.

Maria_zps9oh5xgad.jpg~original
    09-22-16_12-03-27nbspAM_zps0src32ed.jpg~original
    May we all chill like wizards
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @kitoraem - I wish I could build cute little houses like your new one, it looks great!
    Thanks @OJenn I wish I did build this lot, but it's named The 50's Colonial Bungalow by bunnykiller6 on the gallery, I changed the walls outside and the fencing but I just love the layout so had to use it again :)
    @kitoraem I love the new family. That house is so cute. Can't wait to see where this one goes :)

So I was always kind of disappointed at the lack of community lots I did for Willow Creek. I only ever ended up doing the museum! So I'm getting started with with Oasis Springs already! I made the bar, I was kinda going for a glam cowboy feel with my limited resources. Regardless of what I wanted though, I'm not disappointed with how it turned out. I'm calling it The Red Dog Saloon. I did put in 3 floors, but right now that's really just for looks. If we can ever combine lots though I can imagine a dance club upstairs :)

rm9VF.png
    rm9VK.png
    rm9W7.png
    rm9Wh.png
    rm9Wv.png
    rm9WD.png
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Sorry for being MIA for so long!! I'm still dealing with the breakup on top of looking for a job and applying for college. I really need to stop inpulsively making big life changes, it's wearing me out lol. On the bright side, I am excited for college! We toured the campus yesterday - everyone was so friendly and made it sound so fun. I'm also excited for the new EP!! "Late Night" world + "Seasons" festivals + apartments is exactly what I wanted for a big city EP! Hopefully I'll have more time to play by November too. Once I take the ACT in October, everything should calm down quite a bit, because I'll just be waiting to hear from the school if I'm accepted or not. Today there's a fall festival in my mom's small hometown, so I'm about to leave for that. Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing!
    @JordanNicoleJJ - OH MY GOD SO EXCITING! I hope things go well for you, good luck on the ACT and I really hope you get into the school you want to go to as well. My fingers will be crossed for you.

@debjameswhite - I like the overall design of the interior for your bar you and @Heckstress17 are going to have your Oasis Spring towns looking so great!

@Everyone - I wish I knew how many lots are in the new "city" of San May-whatever so I can possibly add it to the challenge as an optional world if you guys want. But I also don't know how many lots are actually there to get a good idea of whether it would be enough for a ten gen stretch. I would love to hear everyone's input of course.
  • soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member
    Hi everyone! I wanted to tell those who may be starting our & learning like me; it's probably best to build your world first before putting your founding family in. I wanted to play them so badly that I added them after building their home & thought it would be okay to build as I played them. However, I have learned that they continue to play on their own! :'( Sadly, Valencia is pregnant & I wanted to wait before having children---this is something I can deal with though. The part I can't is that she is ready to age up now already & I haven't even had a chance to play them but 2 times!!! I've been building the world to give them things to do. I'm so devastated. I wanted to share this so no one else experiences this. :'(:*
    @OJenn I don't know, I'm kinda torn. I like us all being in the same town but I know I really wanted to play in Windenburg and now with another new city...it would be really fun to play in there too. I mean at least we get to visit the new cities! I think I would just like if we do the city next, that we don't have to rebuild the lots right away unless we want to...not the houses that's fine but the community lots I'd like to see what they are first.

@soulfull @everyone I'm confused a little by your statement. I was actually pretty bad about rebuilding community lots for Willow Creek because of the same reason...too into my family. I only actually got to 2 of them which is why I'm prebuilding a little now in anticipation of Oasis Springs. My sims don't play if I'm building, they only play if I'm actually live in another family or something. I spent an entire week building that bar and my family just sat tight. Also, since you haven't been playing them, why don't you just reset their ages and start over...that way you don't have to start completely over and risk not getting your sweet girl again!
    @JordanNicoleJJ Wow! That's really exciting! Good luck, I hope everything goes just like you want :)
    edited September 2016
    Oh and @debjameswhite I will definitely have to figure something out with the new city world. I want to emphasize that Windenburg and San Mashuno would be optional worlds since they come with EPs and not everyone has those. Plus with apartments having the ability to have four families in them that would definitely change the dynamic of this challenge, at least that part of it.

Oh and here is the City Living Map
    tumblr_inline_oe3617LDOd1s4yqel_540.png
    @debjameswhite I'm confused as well...would they have played because I put test people in order to test my houses & then evicted them; is there another way to test the houses? With the town slots (non-residential) I can use my couple to test those. How would I reset Valencia's age?
    Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I learn so much! Your twins are GORGEOUS!!
    @kitoraem Your new couple is adorable!!!
    @JordanNicoleJJ I have 2 daughters in college at the moment. I know exactly how stressful & demanding it can be. I remind them that it is just for a little while & then you will have an awesome career & great foundation under your feet moving forward. It will get better!! You can do it!
    @Ojenn is that the map for the new City Life EP coming out?
    soulfull wrote: »
    @Ojenn is that the map for the new City Life EP coming out?

Yep, pulled from the stream that the SimGuru's did.
    I was just sitting her thinking oh, I have some images…I should update :D Comments first though :)
    @debjameswhite I'm confused as well...would they have played because I put test people in order to test my houses & then evicted them; is there another way to test the houses? With the town slots (non-residential) I can use my couple to test those. How would I reset Valencia's age?
    Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I learn so much! Your twins are GORGEOUS!!

@soulfull I have 2 kids in college too (on a side note). I don't test houses. I put them in and play them and then if an issue comes up I pause and fix it. If you like to test houses with sims other than your family I'd suggest making a second save for that purpose so your sims don't move on without you :) To reset the ages of your sims there are a few ways.

MC Command Center (If you have this mod)
    From the drop down choose Sim Commands
    Choose set age
    make her a teen then go back in and make her a child

Also you could Modify in CAS

If you don't have the cheat there are still ways!

<ctrl> <shift> C brings up the cheat screen

<type> testingcheats on
    <type> cas.fulleditmode
    then <shift click> on your sim and choose Modify in CAS
    Click on the plumbob near the top and you can then change the age...in her case you'll need to make her a teen save changes then do the shift click again go back in and make her a child.

Final way would be to give her lots of aspirations points and buy the youth potion and that will bring her to the beginning of her current age.

<type> testingcheats on
    <type>sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500

This will give you enough to buy the potion of youth and once she drinks it she will be a brand new child again.

You can do this with her parents too if you want to put them all back to the beginning of their current age.

If you need more help feel free to message me I will be happy to try and help :)

OK UPDATE time!

Catherine and Riley are becoming good friends. Their brother is mean so they usually stick together.
    rp2wz.png

One day while Logan was at work, his Mom showed up. She shows up at the oddest locations. I wish Logan could go to work when he’s not working!
    rp2wK.png

When he gets home from work it’s is little girls who come running to great him now.
    rp2wZ.png

He took a selfie with Mom on her birthday. This game always confuses me. How is Lilly who was pregnant 3 times aging to adult before Saul? <shrugs> I still don’t know why his twin and little sisters are elders already too!
    rp2xI.png

She looks excited to become an elder!
    rp2xT.png

Yup, it really happened. She’s ok with it.
    rp2yi.png

Logan is always happy to see his uncle Matt.
    rp2yw.png

Of course he also had to congratulate Mom.
    rp2yK.png

The blondes of the family are hanging in the hot tub. Catherine is being silly, but cute.
    rp2yZ.png

OK this weird thing happened…and I need help. Catherine got out of bed one morning and the bed was stuck to her head! Luckily when she went to school, it came off…I will discuss why I need help in a bit!
    rp2z8.png

Logan is still talking people out of closets…he could get a second job.
    rp2zE.png

See that bed? It’s not actually on the lot and I can’t get rid of it…Help?
    rp2zN.png

Logan went to his brother’s house for a visit. They have awesome conversations and Nabila is pregnant again!
    rp2A2.png

She went into labor at a party at Logan and Kenzie’s house! Despite the pain and the panic, they stayed for the entire party. It was that good!
    rp2A9.png

A little bit later, Logan was abducted by aliens. No one seemed to care. They all acted like nothing was happening. He thought it was the greatest thing ever!
    rp2Am.png

Official update over…Weird little bed discussion…
    So just for the heck of it, I invited Logan and Kenzie to woohoo in it…they of course were happy to oblige. It was one of the weirdest things I ever saw…they just lay flat on their backs and their mouths move for what we hear during a woohoo scene.
    rp2AE.png
    rp2AQ.png
    rp2B3.png
    rp2BD.png
    rp2BO.png
  • absin0901absin0901 Posts: 44 Member
    Good post
    Haven't played or been on the thread for a few days, been such a busy bee! I'll post an update soon but comments first! :D

@debjameswhite I LOVE The Red Dog Saloon! fits perfectly in that world, and I've never noticed traffic lights in the game :o
    Thanks for the comment, I can't wait to see either. Lilly became an elder? She still looks a beaut! I had set the fridge as my head one time, removed it, and got it off finally after it was stuck on my lot for ages, I forgot how to do it, but I found this, hope it helps! Also, I'm crying laughing at them woohoo pictures, never seen anything like that :D

''Hi yall Simmers!

I accidentally got the mail box on my head too. After a few tries, I found out all I had to do was set something delete-able on my head to replace the mailbox. Then reset the new head and delete it. DONE :smileyvery-happy:

If the mailbox is on the ground (even off your home lot) all you have to do is set it back on your head and follow the above solution. No Sweat! :smileytongue:

Happy Simmers!''

@JordanNicoleJJ Good Luck! :)

@OJenn Aaaahh I haven't seen the new map yet! I'll be buying the new EP no doubt, May shove a few YA'S from different Generations in there

@soulfull thank you :D I used to have the same problem, then I got MC Command Center, it's a good mod! <3
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I'm super behind on comments yet again. Sorry! We get the keys to our new place Friday and move over the weekend. On top of that my sister's due to have her baby any day now, so things are really busy. I'll get on top of comments once things calm down. I'm still loving reading everyone's updates though!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @kitoraem Oh thank you! I was excited about your suggestion and went right in to try it. Unfortunately, every time I set the bed as head, it just makes a copy and the original never goes away. Mean sims!!!

@Heckstress17 Good luck with your move and good luck to your sister! How much fun!
    thank you @debjameswhite for all the help with resetting the age; it was just Valencia. We are back on track now. I had to crack up laughing at the bed thing...it was pretty neat even though it is a cliche.

@kitoraem & @debjameswhite I'm a novice & wouldn't begin to know how to use MODs or use them safely so they don't crash the game.

I will update soon. Best Simming to everyone!!! <3

Also for those interested here a run down of the San Myshuno neighborhoods.

@debjameswhite - Who that little bed is too cute! But also creepy, maybe your game is just gearing up for Halloween? Lol.

@Heckstress17 - I am not sure if I said it but congrats on the move, hope you guys love the new place and settle in nicely.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I just started playing sims 4 a few weeks ago and I'm excited to start this challenge! A couple of noob question though, do i need to download that empty world or can I just bulldoze everything and delete all premade sims by myself?

Also, I think I got most of the instructions, but let me see if I understand this: For a start, the first couple must live in Willow Creek, but I can build community and retail lots in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade right? Please forgive my blatant ignorance lol.
    I regret some of my life choices.
    @everyone that little bed is cute...and mostly unobtrusive but I want it to go! I tried doing what @kitoraem posted but it just creates another one and sticks it on their heads leaving the old one behind. I was thinking I might try going to another lot and see if that helps but I don't think it will considering I've logged completely out. I think the bed is CC so maybe if I deleted it, it will go away but what if I bring it back? I like the bed! Anyways, I will keep trying if I ever get back into the game! hehe Tomorrow is Friday...

@Ojenn thanks for that post...I'm a little excited about this EP.

@Teslachick2 Welcome to our challenge! You can just bulldoze the lots. A lot of us did it that way because we were nervous about doing it any other way. No one wants to screw things up!! :) You don't have to delete any sims though...just the buildings. Also, yes you can go to any of the other towns and leave them as they are for now. You can also build new lots for Willow Creek or download shells that you decorate...it just needs to start off empty.
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all, I finally had a moment to play. I have periodically checked in and read the comments and looked at the posts. Everyone's families are growing and looking good. I have missed to many pages to comment on them all. Welcome to all the new members.
    Hopefully I will be back into a regular routine. RL has been hecktic but in a good way. New promotion, New grandbaby and celebrated a birthday. So yeah it has been a busy month.

I do have a small update. So here we go.
    Apparently some of my pictures didn't show up in my screenshots.
    Ezra has passed away and Ona is an elder last time I checked.
    I choose Paige as my heir and Daniel as her mate.
    I moved the two of them out into their own home. So I will start from their.

Paige and Daniel are really in the phase of getting to know each other and are spending time exploring different activities.
    29897737382_6aa6155603_h.jpg

29977353646_e9362e702a_h.jpg

29384746653_6b5213ed27_h.jpg

29977352666_c6bb9d6916_h.jpg

They are so cute together.
    29384745653_6bc25152d6_h.jpg

29977351856_b58afca7a6_h.jpg

29384744633_d8142375e5_h.jpg

Up until this point they have yet to woohoo. They are both adults and having been dating since they were young adults.
    Something finally got into Daniel. He was ready!
    29977350906_a96a4006b1_h.jpg

I think they both are ready.
    29977350406_327161f951_h.jpg

Finally.
    29977349906_b009f711df_h.jpg

Paige is pleased that she put Daniel to sleep.
    29977349386_35a26f8f49_h.jpg

Happily surprised.
    29384740453_ec3d663539_h.jpg

Daniel is surprised too.
    29977348076_e45acbb849_h.jpg

He is so surprised that he had to sit down for a minute.
    29384739553_bba5f774fd_h.jpg

He shares his feelings with Paige.
    29977346776_fbaeee02c8_h.jpg

Paige shares her feeling with the toilet! :smile:
    29384738583_ad00b8b477_h.jpg

Well, Paige's new hobby gave her a new friend.
    29977345916_b53bed2ff6_h.jpg

Now she is off to eat a salad. She is very serious about it too.
    29384737563_424c8e41bd_h.jpg

That is all for now. I am off to see if I can get another day of playtime.
    ]