Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally! Early communication.

So happy that within one and a bit weeks since the Announcement of City Living, that we've already had three detailed blogs, two videos and now a live stream.

I hope this is the beginning of the communication that we had during the last year or so of The Sims 3, where there were live streams of the Expansions months before launch.

Thanks for being so open guys! Also, a big thank you to @SimGuruDrake who has been pushing for this since she signed on. Thank you for introducing the quarterly trailers and the push for less tightness of information.

While we did have to wait before we got regular lice streams and information with 3, with Social Media being a million times bigger than it was when 3 was around, it's more important than ever.

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2016
    @jackjack_k - do you have a link to the live stream?

Edit: @papersuitcase LOL!
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2016
    @jackjack_k - do you have a link to the live stream?

Edit: @papersuitcase LOL!

posted on twitter:

We're streaming #TS4CityLiving tomorrow at 1pm PT! We'll be focusing on apartments: http://bit.ly/2cGReC4
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Cheers : )
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I agree, this is a really nice change of pace. It's nice to log on and have new info waiting. Thank you so much @SimGuruDrake! It has been so fun to check out twitter and the News section of the forums these past few days. <3<3<3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Agreed, it's definitely good. Not everything they've told us is the best news obviously, but I'd rather know what to expect than to be left in the dark.
    So this is definitely a step in the right direction.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    They announced a live stream? When is it?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Rebecca Doyle ‏@SimGuruRad 4h4 hours ago
    Rebecca Doyle Retweeted The Sims
    If you're looking for something to do tomorrow, you might find some time to watch this.Rebecca Doyle added,

The Sims @TheSims
    We're streaming #TS4CityLiving tomorrow at 1pm PT! We'll be focusing on apartments: http://bit.ly/2cGReC4
    5 retweets 24 likes
    Reply Retweeted 5
    Liked 24
    More
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Same time as normal. Friday 1 pm Pacific.

UK folks, that's 9 pm tonight.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    Hmmm, I'm off work at that time. I might have to take a peek, since the whole apartments thing has me intrigued about this expansion.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Thanks for passing this along.

I agree, this is getting back to the style of communicating that I remember from last year and in previous iterations. It keeps the interest up and excitement percolating. I am already recovering somewhat from my disappointment over the "building apt in other world" issue. A ongoing relationship with Maxis/EA folks will go a long way toward bolstering my good will toward the game. Thanks, SG Drake, and those responsible for these efforts.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Even though I am not excited for what us being offered, at least we know what is coming and if is great that there is finally so e good communication for players :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2016
    yes, i appreciate that early information also very much !
    even if it is VERY disappointing, i prefer to know as soon as possible, so that i can get over it asap too

& i think it's the best strategy also first to inform the players about the biggest downsides
    for those who are not discouraged the features can only become better with new trailers
    i'm pretty sure of it, CL will be quite a fun pack for everybody who's not so much into building own apartment houses

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I agree with OP 100%. Even as somebody who loves TS4 to death I wasn't very happy about how the communication/information flow was managed in the last 2 years.

Keep it up Gurus!
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm also loving all the communication we have had! Nice work!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,595 Member
    I can't wait for the live stream tomorrow. I legit thought it was today. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

It's today 9 pm (UK time).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have to admit the way they have handled things has really helped me overcome my initial disappointment with how apartments work (in particular, the fact that we cannot build our own apartments).

If they had not told us well in advance about this, and if I had only found out 1 week before the release I would have been so mad I would have probably overlooked all the other awesome features in this pack. Also, knowing their reasons to cut this feature helps; otherwise we would be left speculating whether they even know what we want in the game or whether they listen to us.

Also the live stream today will help me see for myself how aprtments really work. According to the gurus they are amazing and totally worth it but it's something we have to "see" for ourselves. Hopefully the live stream will help me decide and get me all excited again.
  • EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    They will be streaming...5 weeks before they release an EP?
    I guess, they "hear™" all those angry voices talking about the apartment restrictions, and feel like they need to do sth right now. Damage control?
    I'm very excited!
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    They will be streaming...5 weeks before they release an EP?
    I guess, they "hear™" all those angry voices talking about the apartment restrictions, and feel like they need to do sth right now. Damage control?
    I'm very excited!

I guess it's a good sign they're confident that letting us see how apartments work will change some people's mind about the pack.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I agree, this is a really nice change of pace. It's nice to log on and have new info waiting. Thank you so much @SimGuruDrake! It has been so fun to check out twitter and the News section of the forums these past few days. <3<3<3

Agreed. I think it's great that they're releasing so much information. Even if I end up not liking some or all of the things, at least I'll have a much better idea of what to expect than for previous packs. Hope they keep this up :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well I don't care if it's damage control or what it is, I like the new direction communication is going in.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,595 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Time zones are weird. It will come out 4am, Sat for me and it's still only 7.30pm, Fri for me right now, so that's why I said tomorrow. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Time zones are weird. It will come out 4am, Sat for me and it's still only 7.30pm, Fri for me right now, so that's why I said tomorrow. XD

Agreed, it will be 8am Sat morning for me and it's still Friday night here, just tho!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't know if it's so much damage control. They may have had this stream planned anyhow. We can't complain about the info we have had so far about the game and we aren't even in October!

I think it's really good the team have been upfront and said "You can't build but here's what you can do" and personally I love what we see so far. I wasn't excited about Get To Work, I was mildly interested by Get Together before release but I'm so excited about City Living!