Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Refuses EA Invitation

Comments

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Mad respect for him
    giphy.gif

• IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    faytheful wrote: »

what I bolded; they can't but won't stop them from trying. All big companies do.

While I agree that majority of companies will try and spin something negative in anyway that benefits themselves in the long run, EA has no incentive for attempting to illegally censor Clint. Even EA's PR team wouldn't be able to fix the clusterbomb that would result once news got out.

I really think you're reading way too much into this, and just because a well known member of our community announced that he turned down attending an event on EA's dime, you've developed some (and some people might call it just short of conspiracy theorist) specific reasoning that you've decided is the truth. But if that floats your boat, then hey that's up to you alone.

This is the last post I'm going to reply to in regards to this whole thing. I have nothing against you personally, but running in circles gets dizzying and annoying after a while.

EA is not making content creators sign "say only good things or else" contracts. Okay?
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited September 2016
    faytheful wrote: »

what I bolded; they can't but won't stop them from trying. All big companies do.

While I agree that majority of companies will try and spin something negative in anyway that benefits themselves in the long run, EA has no incentive for attempting to illegally censor Clint. Even EA's PR team wouldn't be able to fix the clusterbomb that would result once news got out.

I really think you're reading way too much into this, and just because a well known member of our community announced that he turned down attending an event on EA's dime, you've developed some (and some people might call it just short of conspiracy theorist) specific reasoning that you've decided is the truth. But if that floats your boat, then hey that's up to you alone.

This is the last post I'm going to reply to in regards to this whole thing. I have nothing against you personally, but running in circles gets dizzying and annoying after a while.

EA is not making content creators sign "say only good things or else" contracts. Okay?

I have no theory; and I don't have a problem with what he chooses. Its his life.
    I was just throwing some of my ideas on why he may have chose the way he did like everyone else.
    I can be wrong, but I watched his video & he said himself why he chose to turn down the offer.
    Goodbye, nice chatting with you up until this last message.
  • ReallyNowReallyNow Posts: 17 New Member
    LGR keeps it real. Being a devoted sims fan, he must feel absolutely betrayed by EA. This is why I always go to LGR for reviews and NEVER to SimsVIP. That website worships EA and claps at literally everything it does.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    ReallyNow wrote: »
    LGR keeps it real. Being a devoted sims fan, he must feel absolutely betrayed by EA. This is why I always go to LGR for reviews and NEVER to SimsVIP. That website worships EA and claps at literally everything it does.
    Recent events show otherwise now. But anyways, why I respect LGR, he's been honest from the beginning and doesn't want to change just to become an influencer. He keeps true to himself and even though he has different play styles than me, I still can relate to his videos and his videos make me laugh a lot. He wants to remain a game critic and nothing wrong with that for wanting to not be influenced by EA with his opinions. There is a lot to be said for speaking for oneself and LGR does really well with that while not putting down other Simmers for how they feel too. He's a gentleman.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I must ask this- Has Anyone only bought a pack because he liked it? O.o Really?

I really take his review into account before buying but that could be said about any reviewer?

Okay. :)
    I like his reviews because I like how he played them out in TS3 but no review has made *me want buy a pack. Not meaning just his but EA's and Any of the fansites. :)

I have never bought anything because of his reviews I just like his reviews and tend to find they usually cover a broad spectrum of what's included in the pack and not just the supposed good bits lol Also I think at one time he may have made a quick video in-between the time the packs were released in the US and the UK so it was one way to get a look before it was released here in the UK..
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited September 2016
    I stick right by him. He's not a sellout like other... *ahem*..... websites. He is actually HONEST and the honesty is more important to him. *3 finger silent salute to LGR* - if you got that Hunger Games Reference, you're awesome. He's one of the only youtubers left that I feel is actually standing for the common simmer. Some of the other popular websites *AHEM!!!!** have been plummed into the "capitol". He's our "Man On Fire" if you will.
    Post edited by jaxie086 on
  • ReallyNowReallyNow Posts: 17 New Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I stick right by him. He's not a sellout like other... *ahem*..... websites.

YAS 🐸🐸🐸🐸! THE SHADE OF IT ALL!
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I have nothing but respect for LGR, he's such a sharp young man.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • makinmagic58makinmagic58 Posts: 342 Member
    I don't watch as much YouTube nowadays just because of fakeness involved will all the sponsors and promotions etc...but to be honest regardless of the subject matter I'll always tune into anything Clint makes. I respect, applaud, and award honesty, and if I had the extra cash laying around I wouldn't hesitate to support him.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    interesting, it seems like he's the only "simmer" willing not to play by ea's rules.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    interesting, it seems like he's the only "simmer" willing not to play by ea's rules.

On the contrary I think he sticks to rules well, like any mutually respectful member of society. If he didn't, he'd happily sign the NDA and ignore it.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    I'm suprised EA invited him after his Two years of Meh video! I respect his decision!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    ReallyNow wrote: »

You are so right. I go to LGR for reviews and then simsvip to just get any information about the sims as possible. But definately don't base my purchase on simsvip or even other youtubers for that matter anymore. Just LGR mostly!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    LGR fact No. 45--

xir39147.jpg

LGR, the Hammer of Christendom, defends the Frankish kingdoms against the hordes of Seasons and Supernatural fans at the Battle of Tours in 732. His victory ensured that Europe would remain safe for toddlers for the next thousand years.
  • Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    I really think that booth LGR and Sims VIP acts right in this matter. It´s good that they stand up for themselves.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    So do we want him to go to a Maxis event? I remember people groaning and moaning about him not being invited, then he does, turns it down and you're all excited about it? You guys do realize that if he ever has a chance to go there, even on his own finances, he'll still have to sign an NDA right? And it's not this super-scary boogeyman that forces people to be yes-men, it's a contract that says they can't talk about certain features until the release of the pack or until they reveal that specific feature, which, surprise, literally EVERY company does for these types of things. I cannot understand this community sometimes.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2016
    Although I have never bought (or not bought) something because of his reviews, I have nothing but sincere respect for LGR.

It's always a good thing when someone stands up for their principles... Take note EA (Assuming of course, that you have any principles left).
    raw
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    I stick right by him. He's not a sellout like other... *ahem*..... websites. He is actually HONEST and the honesty is more important to him. *3 finger silent salute to LGR* - if you got that Hunger Games Reference, you're awesome. He's one of the only youtubers left that I feel is actually standing for the common simmer. Some of the other popular websites *AHEM!!!!** have been plummed into the "capitol". He's our "Man On Fire" if you will.

What exactly is a 'common simmer' and how can the term be defined (in other words:which requirements must be met to become a 'common simmer'? Let me guess: you have to have at least a critical view of TS4, am I right)?

Anyway: It's always refreshing to see that those youtubers (and authors of fansites) who just love to play TS4 and therefore have no interested in discussing its advantages and disadvantages it might have over past iterations (because, you know, they better focus on enjoying a game) are labeled right away with negative attributes such as: sellout, dishonesty, EA sheeps etc.

It reveals much about the mindset of certain 'special' simmers.

About LGR: Yeah, he is not the greatest fan of TS4, we know that, but he is just an idividual with an opinion. Sometimes I can agree with him, sometimes I don't. That's it. People should really stop acting as if he was the Robin Hood of TS franchise. There is no need for that.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »

What exactly is a 'common simmer' and how can the term be defined (in other words:which requirements must be met to become a 'common simmer'? Let me guess: you have to have at least a critical view of TS4, am I right)?

Anyway: It's always refreshing to see that those youtubers (and authors of fansites) who just love to play TS4 and therefore have no interested in discussing its advantages and disadvantages it might have over past iterations (because, you know, they better focus on enjoying a game) are labeled right away with negative attributes such as: sellout, dishonesty, EA sheeps etc.

About LGR: Yeah, he is not the greatest fan of TS4, we know that, but he is just an idividual with an opinion. Sometimes I can agree with him, sometimes I don't. That's it. People should really stop acting as if he was the Robin Hood of TS franchise. There is no need for that.

You don't get to pick people's heroes. Robin Hood wouldn't be the right analogy anyway. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016

He isn't and don't take the joke facts seriously. Must be referring to the Sims 3 store era event with that Robin Hood comment, which he wasn't apart of and why I think referring him to a thief is wrong. Others may have stolen from EA before but not him. I rather have advantages and disadvantages of the game be discussed than integrity of people both Simmer and Guru which has been a common event during this iteration. LGR has proved to be respectful both towards other Simmers regardless of where they talk and to Gurus regardless of what job they have. Also the Sims isn't the only game he reviews, so it would be a waste of his time and money to devote only towards the Sims when he can spend it with other games. He isn't just a Simmer, he's a game critic and someone easily relatable and down to earth. Discussing only the advantages won't influence me to buy any game. Might work for some, but doesn't work on everyone. I'm more frugal with my money, so I like to view both the pros and cons of all my purchases. Being a deviant Simmer anyways, I like knowing the pros and cons of any game because some of the cons that players tend to hate, I can take advantage of. It's ok, I already knew that the Sims 4 target audience was towards generation yes philosophy with the "advantages" comment.

Anyway, I much rather read about individual opinions than hive mind opinions. I think the event of the past weekend proved how easily people can be swayed either for the Sims 4 or against it just because of what a group of fansites state. :disappointed: LGR is honest in his personal opinion and it isn't just with the Sims 4, but other games as well. Reminds me of the Honest Trailers with his reviews which I would recommend if people like LGR. He keeps true to himself and I admire him for that as a person whether he play the Sims or not. I admire @SimGuruDrake as a person too which not everyone agrees with. Yay for individual thought and discernment. I couldn't care less what others think of her or LGR. I will deviate from popular opinion. >:) I really like crinrict's site too, so I can't say that I always agree or disagree with all fan sites just like with each Simmer. I like to form my own opinion on things. Also before someone calls me a hater or another remark, if I really hated the Sims 4, I wouldn't have bothered suggesting SimGuruJM be the face of the recent live stream. Sale perks. ;)
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

What better way to counter the sherrif of Simmingham? :wink:
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I sit back and giggle. Some of these posts, hilarious!

You mad that people may not have your opinion? Yeah, yours is just an opinion too.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited September 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    doedear wrote: »

On the contrary I think he sticks to rules well, like any mutually respectful member of society. If he didn't, he'd happily sign the NDA and ignore it.

i didn't mean literal rules. i mean kissing plum and being happy about every aspect of the game in order to get freebees. hes willing to criticize something he likes because he wants to see it improve.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

You don't get to pick people's heroes. Robin Hood wouldn't be the right analogy anyway. :)

But I like that analogy. :D As we know: LGR is fighting for the 'common simmer' to achieve justice (--> some people here think EA is betraying them by only catering to the new generation of simmers and don't listen to the old ones) by the reallocation of content (and not money).

Anyway, LGR's opinion is nothing special - he is an ordinary game reviewer who happens to have a rather successful youtube channel. But he is still just a guy with his own bias towards certain things and apsects.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."