Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointment - No Elevators in Build Mode in City Living.

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
According @SimGuruEugi , apparently, the elevators are NOT available in build mode. Let's think together, if there are no elevators in build mode, it's very possible that there's not the possibility of using them in homes up to 5 floors or less. If this really is confirmed, basically another resource that the community is asking and they had the perfect opportunity to add, but don't has added.

Bci8P5g.jpg

The Sims 2 had functional elevators in build mode. The Sims 3 had functional elevators in build mode. The Sims 4, as always, is missing something.

Honestly, I don't know if this is an expansion pack or a limitation pack.

tenor.gif

Comments

• Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Since we can't actually build apartments, I'm not surprised by that.
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2016
    I know what you mean, so many missed opportunities. I can understand about apartments not being able to be built in other worlds, but elevators, really? How hard could it be to just make a separate type of elevator specific for other worlds/lot types? They constantly use that lack of resources excuse when it's been a whole year. I was excited for this pack, but now I'm not spending my hard earned money on this pack. Why would you even use this engine if it's gonna limit your job performance, oh well another bites the dust.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member

The worst part is that in The Sims 3 also you could not build a real apartment building, and even this way, had elevators. :(
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I hope they're adding spiral staircases soon then or something >:I
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    This pack keeps on disappointing. I'm actually really saddened by all the cuts to apartments.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    How many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does it take to get to the center of a toosie roll pop? Well let's find out 1...2.....crunch 3....3.....but then when it comes with The Sims 4 games how many disappointments does it take to turn a Simmer away from the expansion to the point where she/he doesn't want it anymore I feel like I'm still looking for the center on that answer cause the disappointments keep on coming.....EA just what are you doing besides eating cakes with a plumbob on it?!?
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    According @SimGuruEugi , apparently, the elevators are NOT available in build mode. Let's think together, if there are no elevators in build mode, it's very possible that there's not the possibility of using them in homes up to 5 floors or less. If this really is confirmed, basically another resource that the community is asking and they had the perfect opportunity to add, but don't has added.

Bci8P5g.jpg

The Sims 2 had functional elevators in build mode. The Sims 3 had functional elevators in build mode. The Sims 4, as always, is missing something.

The term "Limited Edition" takes a whole new meaning in The Sims 4.

Dying :D love your posts!

What actually surprises me is that the devs even manage to get the people that were positive before angry. In the beginning we got a full list of expectations and right now we are in the middle of lining out every feature that was wanted by the community but left out by the devs. I am really surprised how this pack has not been made and shaped by the opinions and feedback of the community. So much for proper game development. I'm not sure if there is a saying in English like the one in my language: Customer is king. #gamestudio101 #communication #wearethecustomers.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @Taquanda The only king Simmers will ever experience is Burger King. King of throwing sesame's "on your buns" take that phrase however you want it lol
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Well, this is just disappo... Actually I expected that. I'm not at all surprised but I still have to wonder, why do they think we're going to be okay with these pointless limitations? :|
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Oh you are joking me!! It just gets better! ! :|
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Im expecting them to turn around and say its too difficult to make animations.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited September 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Im expecting them to turn around and say its too difficult to make animations.

Sadly I think so too... (Wow, I'm really not used to myself being such a Negative Nelly, but I'm just so disappointed...)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Ok I have to admit this one seems a bit ridiculous. Elevators are used in so much more than apartments. Hopefully they'll get patched in eventually where we can use them anywhere.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member

Bci8P5g.jpg

wow, more sad information about this EP. Thanks for screwing up this game EA! This is getting ridiculous and more disappointing as the EP approaches!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Bci8P5g.jpg

They could add them as build objects in Universities since it will also come with apartments and dorms so maybe they will.
  • Options
    ReallyNowReallyNow Posts: 17 New Member
    I don't know about you but the only question that crosses my mind is: When are we getting sims 5. Please END this "black death" era of the sims franchise. Sims 4 is the bubonic plague and it is killing sims fans by the thousand. EA can you not please.
  • Options
    OliiveSimsOliiveSims Posts: 73 Member
    Wow this is actually really disappointing :( I thought they would be available in build mode for sure. I have so many builds in my game that could use them, I hate trying to fit staircases in everywhere !
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    Never mind. I know what I want to say but not how to articulate, so it's best I don't.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think both suit my emotions
    giphy.gif

When-she-puts-her-needs-first.gif
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Why is it so? If I want a mansión with three stories and I want to place an elevator in it and I can´t, what has this to do with building an apartment building?
    The worst part is that in The Sims 3 also you could not build a real apartment building, and even this way, had elevators. :(

What is this about not being able to build apartment buildings in TS3? I´ve built hundreds (not kidding but really)... I´m playing now in a custom world (Versailles) not my own, though it was unfinished and I have finished it, where almost all the lots are custom apartment buildings (if not almost all at least the majority of them)

Screenshot-10_zpsublibr4y.jpg

Or this other one by Nilxis "Barcelona", where every residential lot is an apartment building but three and a couple of boathouses

Screenshot-192_zpsjvnhzdvu.jpg

We can build apartments in TS3, we can customize everything in TS3, we can edit the world or even créate one from scratch in TS3, all the "we cannot so and so and so..." are from TS4

We can´t build apartments in TS4 we can´t even place the premades by EA in other worlds just play them in the new one, OMG that has ruinned this EP for me!

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

Bci8P5g.jpg

SimGuruEugi didn't mention whether or not sims would be able to interact with the elevator, so there's still hope for placement and use of elevators in other worlds. The objects which are referenced within the world data are no different from those which are listed within the build/buy catalog, therefore, if a functional instance can be created then we should be able to use it anywhere. The references within the world data only serve to ensure that the class and location of the objects remain persistent, and to reduce consumption of memory and CPU bandwidth for collections of objects which should not be treated as manageable in live mode.

There's still hope so be patient.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well that's a real blow with elevaters
    :(
    I was hoping to build an apartment like the ones we could in TS2.
    They really are messing this up.

This lack of control as been a problem with each pack from the sims4

I was expecting

New staircases
    Elevators
    Intercom for in/out of apartment
    Apartment doors
    Trash shut

Still like the pack but yeah this still lack of control is making a bigger problem up each pack.

It's like that ain't got any tools for us to work woth anymore.

Why are they not giving us the tools anymore :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Too much oversight is being displayed with every release.

They took the time to create an elevator, and implement it into the game but they didn't make it an object we could use. Instead they suggest modders might be able to do something with it, but fail to acknowledge that they chose not to do that work themselves for a product we are expected to pay for.

This game isn't free. The DLC for this game isnt free, and for this being the top tier DLC I find it absolutely disgusting that they feel they can leave out elements and then casually suggest that *maybe* modders can work with it.

Don't even get me started with the "this is city living not apartment making EP" - that is the most ignorant, disrespectful thing I have ever heard. TS2 Apartment life wasn't about making an apartment either, but they made the OPTIONS to do so available in the game instead of throwing out some lazy, half baked excuse as to why they can't deliver a quality product.