Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we have to suffer the consequences of people with old pcs ?!

Since the sims 4 been released they kept telling us that they modified the game to work on any low spec pcs ; ofcourse with huge sacrifices to the game itself including
-No CasT
-No open worlds or even semi-open world where we can visit our neighbors without a loading screen
-Clay looking hair
And the list goes on for base game but it became more frustrating when the sacrifices moved on to future releases especially expansion packs , with city living getting released despite the fact that the expansion pack doesn't even bring that much content to begin with but it also butchers the idea of apartments for the sake of "Performance" and those who are gaming on a potato harvested in 2004.
because of that "Performance" we have
loading screen between apartments
-no ability to build Your own apartments
-Npc roommates are not possible
& other stuff that still haven't been told to us yet.

Now I understand that this is a 12+ game and a lot of Young audiences can't afford to buy a high end pc but it's also not our fault that some people don't wanna upgrade their potatoes to work with newer games.
My 2004 laptop can run this game which explains everything.
if they would optimize the game to make it work with medium spec pcs & give the more options to run the game that would be great.
but that will never happen ofcourse because they want to sell this game to every little boy and their mama.

Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Oh dear, you are going through the 'angry' stage. Been there, done that. It's not nice for you. I can't offer you any sort of explanations to your comments but I hope you find peace with this nonetheless.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member

Now I understand that this is a 12+ game and a lot of Young audiences can't afford to buy a high end pc but it's also not our fault that some people don't wanna upgrade their potatoes to work with newer games.

You come across quite pretentious. Some just don't have the money and other priorities in life. I see this for EA just able to reach a wider audience and there for make more money.
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Oh dear, you are going through the 'angry' stage. Been there, done that. It's not nice for you. I can't offer you any sort of explanations to your comments but I hope you find peace with this nonetheless.

Nonetheless ya ? please explain all the cuts that's been made in sake of performance if this is nonetheless

You come across quite pretentious. Some just don't have the money and other priorities in life. I see this for EA just able to reach a wider audience and there for make more money.

I was a little kid when I started playing the sims and I didn't have a good pc ... I saved up 100$ and bought a new graphics card. problem solved
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    You misunderstand me. I was wishing you well and hoping you find a place of peace. Nothing is nonetheless... it is an expression meaning "in spite of that" a term of acknowledgment of a person being uncomfortable.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    You misunderstand me. I was wishing you well and hoping you find a place of peace. Nothing is nonetheless... it is an expression meaning "in spite of that" a term of acknowledgment of a person being uncomfortable.

Sorry My English isn't perfect I thought it meant "Doesn't make sense" Thank You for Your kind words
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    You are very welcome. :):+1:

• Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I had an older Windows XP PC built in 2010 when Sims 4 released. I wasn't able to upgrade until six months later. So like others said, they are trying to reach a wider audience.
  • Options
    I had an older Windows XP PC built in 2010 when Sims 4 released. I wasn't able to upgrade until six months later. So like others said, they are trying to reach a wider audience.

a 2010 pc would run sims 4 with no problems. unless it has really low specs.
    & true they are trying to make as much money as they can sacrificing huge features of the game
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    SeannamiSeannami Posts: 5 New Member
    I myself am glad for the ability to run on a wider PC base- its honestly not a game in the genre that needs high specs really. City builders and strategy games are the only modern games my PC will run, and I've had to watch games I really want to play disappear with time cause I couldn't run them- found an XBone on sale during a brief window where I could afford a little extra and managed to get some of those games, but I can't play Xbox while I write my thesis like I can with Sims or CityLife or even Civ- and if I couldn't have some gaming for respite and stress relief I'd lose my mind. It would have cost a heck of a lot more than an Xbox to upgrade my PC to something that would even run the Sims 3 without issue, and this PC was high-to-top tier when I built it in 2010/2011 (can't remember exactly when).

I'm afraid I can't justify sacrificing rent, food, power or heat for the sake of having a PC that is "acceptable", or should I (and others who are worse off than me, as I can afford rent, food etc) be disallowed some form of enjoyment because those who can afford it feel they are missing out. High-enders get awesome stuff like Witcher and Fallout 4 (and I don't begrudge you that), let me have my sims :(
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    I think they should have just made sims 4 co-op, would've made up for all the lacking aspects.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    @Dramatic-Gamer these threads are so and I mean so old. Were you feeling like starting a flame war today?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    You're being a tad dramatic lately, @Dramatic-Gamer
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

a 2010 pc would run sims 4 with no problems. unless it has really low specs.
    & true they are trying to make as much money as they can sacrificing huge features of the game

True, it ran Sims 4 great but being XP it was still considered outdated.
  • Options
    Seannami wrote: »
    I myself am glad for the ability to run on a wider PC base- its honestly not a game in the genre that needs high specs really. City builders and strategy games are the only modern games my PC will run, and I've had to watch games I really want to play disappear with time cause I couldn't run them- found an XBone on sale during a brief window where I could afford a little extra and managed to get some of those games, but I can't play Xbox while I write my thesis like I can with Sims or CityLife or even Civ- and if I couldn't have some gaming for respite and stress relief I'd lose my mind. It would have cost a heck of a lot more than an Xbox to upgrade my PC to something that would even run the Sims 3 without issue, and this PC was high-to-top tier when I built it in 2010/2011 (can't remember exactly when).

I'm afraid I can't justify sacrificing rent, food, power or heat for the sake of having a PC that is "acceptable", or should I (and others who are worse off than me, as I can afford rent, food etc) be disallowed some form of enjoyment because those who can afford it feel they are missing out. High-enders get awesome stuff like Witcher and Fallout 4 (and I don't begrudge you that), let me have my sims :(

I don't want them to make a game for high end pcs , that's not what I meant. I meant they should've made it for average pcs and not for very low spec pcs. + You can always lower the settings if You run into performance issues on Your old pc
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    @Dramatic-Gamer these threads are so and I mean so old. Were you feeling like starting a flame war today?

I know that they are , but with the sacrifices that they made in sake of performance in their latest release made me really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off.
    Simanite wrote: »
    You're being a tad dramatic lately, @Dramatic-Gamer

I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off at the new expansion pack information. I don't accept it in anyway possible
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I like the cartoony look. I think it's much easier for them to execute well. I'm probably a minority, but TS3 style just looks very washed out to me, in TS4 the graphics are so clear and crisp, and I find that more appealing. TS4 is a life simulation game, but it's nice to see that they acknowledge that it is in fact, just a game. It much easier to pick fun at yourself when you see a realistic, idealistic sim then when you see a silly one.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Save yourself the problem, and just don't buy anything that makes you unhappy and move on to something that makes you happy. ;) Life is too short to be miserable about a game. ;)
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    I posted this another thread with someone who had the same attitude you have, so it will save me some time writing this out. Ahh I might as well add in a couple sentences for impact.

"And you know what? While I don't exactly know your system specs, I can almost guarantee you mine is better. In saying that, I can say that people with your level of PC, are holding people at my level back.

Sounds quite snobbish doesn't it? Talking down to some users because their pc isn't as good as yours, especially when your on the receiving end?

Fact of the matter is sims is rather unique in the world of games, in the sense that many here primarily just play sims, and have jobs, lives, families of their own. That money that many here probably make and work hard for could probably be spent elsewhere because they want to, but more likely because they have to."
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Wider audience = more money.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    The way I see it, Sims 4 is ok. Not that great but not that bad...but, in only a couple of months, when I get bored with it, I will have Planet Coaster to turn to! I just hope this game does not let me down...
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Tell me about it - I've reached acceptance, but I was depressed for quite some time, and I'm still a little sad when I think about the game...
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    The way I see it, Sims 4 is ok. Not that great but not that bad...but, in only a couple of months, when I get bored with it, I will have Planet Coaster to turn to! I just hope this game does not let me down...

Planet Coaster looks amazing! I'm skipping Sims 4 and buying that (buying has been the plan all along, but now I will have an extra $40)
  • Options
    beville wrote: »
    Save yourself the problem, and just don't buy anything that makes you unhappy and move on to something that makes you happy. ;) Life is too short to be miserable about a game. ;)

I grew up playing The Sims , I started playing when I was 10 years old , it's hard to move on that easily but I will stop buying packs unless I really like it.
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    beville wrote: »

I grew up playing The Sims , I started playing when I was 10 years old , it's hard to move on that easily but I will stop buying packs unless I really like it.

Believe me I understand, I have played the Sims since sims 1. But when a relationship becomes abusive, you need to leave it for your own health and happiness.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---