Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current CAW Not Working In My Favor - Help!!

For the avid Sims 3 players and the former faithfuls of the Sims 3, I have quite an issue on hand.
As we (or most of us at least) all know - the current update version of CAW has problems with store items showing up in Edit In Game.
And I'm stuck on an impasse with CAW - EIG ; the darn thing just won't take it easy on me!!

Here's my dilemma:
I've been working on a world and in that world the landscape is flourished with island themed plantations - specifically Sunlit Tides trees (a world made available by the Sims 3 Store).
Everything seems perfect - but when I go into EIG, the trees are replaced with Black Gum trees and NONE of the store items are available in Build/Buy mode; regardless if I've downloaded them [store items] and they show up in the launcher.
EIG is just being a huge jerky and only makes basic, EP, and SP items available to my command - when really, I'd like to work with the store items as well...
And need I mention - the trees (and everything else) from Sunlit Tides do not show up in EIG, therefore I can't match the plantation on lots with the plantation used in the world. Which is extremely lame.

Does anyone know of a solution to my dilemma?
Or am I utterly screwed? :/

Find me on the Sims 3
Find me on Origin

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello @23kels89
    I sympathise with you - CAW and Store are not really compatible - I have to restrict how much store is installed in my game to use CAW as well as create my own collections of store sets to place on lots if I use CAW EIG to build lots. :(
    A recent suggestion was made to me by @Rflong7 and @flstrider to export my 'working' world into my Sims3 game to build lots, saving to library and later adding these lots (about four at a time) into CAW. For me, this is a great tip as no more crashing and access to store sets without creating my (duplicate) collections! :)

Is it possible, the last time you saved your 'working' CAW World, Sunlight Tides was not installed in your Sims3 game at the time?
    Between playing Sims3 with all of my store content (not much I don't have) and using CAW, I have to juggle the volume of store being used and I have forgotten some store items which end up being replaced.
    Are the Sunlight Tides trees (I recall a bent palm tree and cacti) not showing up in build mode/trees for you?
    I have Sunlight Tides installed and will be going into CAW to add some new lots to my current project, I will check if these items show up for me and update to let you know.
    Update: I found the trees located in World Objects and also in buy mode by room/outdoors/Sunlight Tides as well as in build mode by trees. My version of the Sims3 game and CAW is 1.67 should that make any difference?
    Post edited by LadysimPlayer8 on
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @23kels89 Unfortunately CAW 1.69 is messed badly as you have seen. I have the same problem with my stormwind world because I need the walls from Monte Vista. I am trying different things to get this to work but so far all experimentation has failed. Oh and building the lots in the game then saving them in CAW does not work as the store items will be replaced then saved on the lot. I am also waiting for a reply to my ticket which has been sent to EA but I have yet to get a reply (getting to the point of calling them on the phone) I will let you know if I hear anything.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    @LadysimPlayer8 - thank you for your response! You really had my hopes soaring -- until I read that you're patched with 1.67 :tired_face: I'm (unfortunately) patched with 1.69
    However, @Rflong7 and I have been going back and forth with how to overcome this hassle. I've been trying endlessly to find ways to work with the problem, but to no prevail. :disappointed:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

@flstrider - thank you for your response! I'm with you on the frustration of getting things to work out :confounded: Why must it be so difficult?!!
    I was wondering exactly that - if I save my lots to the Bin and then plop them down in CAW. But you solved that curiosity. Please do tell me if you have made contact.!! As far as I know, EA has no plans on doing any more maintenance with CAW or anything Sims 3 related (due to all the new Sims 4 stuff) so I'm hoping they would at least have a solution for those still sticking with Sims 3 projects.

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2016
    @23kels89
    I am sure I have read a solution on these boards about how to uninstall patch 1.69 and bring the game back to 1.67. You would then have to uninstall your CAW 1.69 and install CAW 1.67 taking care of your current world files (perhaps move to another location) before uninstalling.
    All things being equal, even if this new project was started or last saved on CAW 1.69, it should still work on CAW 1.67.
    I appreciate that the Sims3 1.69 version of the game has a lot of advantages - being able to select which Sims3 expansions to play which makes for a lot of diversity - but if you have CAW projects in progress, you are probably best to wait until they are completed before updating.
    I will browse for the thread about uninstalling and update if found.
    Update: this might help http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861587/how-to-get-the-sims-3-version-1-67-after-november-12-2015
    @LadysimPlayer8 -- That's exactly where I went last night... I did some deeeeeep searching into reverting back and fortunately -- IT WORKED!!!
    However, I accidentally deleted the latest backup for my world and had to do some redecorating. But no worries -- I'm back to 1.67 and everything WORKS!! :smiley:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin