Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSITIVITY!

Okay, no one seems to be talking about the new cool stuff revealed in the new City Living trailer. Just "oh, less features" and "oh, I can't build my own." Let's take a moment to talk about the cool things in the new EP. For example:

I like how your neighbors can pop by at random to do things, as well as giving a friend a key to your apartment. I find the traits for apartments interesting as well. I generally think that, unless you can't go into other apartments, these apartments will be even better than The Sims 2's and 3's!
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Okay, no one seems to be talking about the new cool stuff revealed in the new City Living trailer. Just "oh, less features" and "oh, I can't build my own." Let's take a moment to talk about the cool things in the new EP. For example:

I like how your neighbors can pop by at random to do things, as well as giving a friend a key to your apartment. I find the traits for apartments interesting as well. I generally think that, unless you can't go into other apartments, these apartments will be even better than The Sims 2's and 3's!

I would like to know all the traits for apartments in this EP. And if we can apply them not only to the residential lots but community lots?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Game consoles is back! I'm also excited about how the apartment will work.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    I'm really excited for the festivals especially!
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I am positive :smile:

I am positive that I won't be buying this EP ;)

But seriously though, I do agree that there would be some good points I just think that some players are disapointed that what they where hoping for the most has been omitted.

savage

but yeah im buying it for sure i cant wait
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I would like to know all the traits for apartments in this EP. And if we can apply them not only to the residential lots but community lots?

They already confirmed that residential lots will be able to get the traits.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options

Thank you great! Do you know if we could use them for community lots say like for club meetings? That might perk up some things! Good or bad.. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Apparently Lot Traits are being patched in (I'm honestly surprised about that) so everyone will get them, though some will be pack exclusive. They can add to them in the future. They also transfer on The Gallery.

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

Thank you great! Do you know if we could use them for community lots say like for club meetings? That might perk up some things! Good or bad.. :D

One of the Sim Gurus said you could use them on almost all lots -- special lots (like the Von Haunt estate and probably the festival grounds) would be the exception. So yes, your restaurant could be filthy and your retail store haunted (maybe). At least that's what I gathered.

• Options
    I'm actually more interesting if we can edit the festival lot more than the apartment.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Apparently Lot Traits are being patched in (I'm honestly surprised about that) so everyone will get them, though some will be pack exclusive. They can add to them in the future. They also transfer on The Gallery.

Awesome!
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Cool! I wonder if we'll get more lot traits with every new EP.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

This is awesome!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    @Keylimepie I think even the old EP will already have some traits, like the "you can't put a spa object" traits and "gain wellness skill faster" will only appear if you have spa day. Or that's what my understanding of lot trait.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Thank you for making this thread. All this negativity is killing me and I need a breather.

What I liked in the trailers:
    Karaoke, making graffiti art, all the cool decorations, the penthouse, the festivals, the fact that apartments have traits, game consoles, not really a fan of this but roaches and rats (I know a lot of people have been wanting this, not me tho, but at least I hope some players will be happy about this added feature), the new careers.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    Ya no. positivity is what ruined us in the first place ; if players expressed their disappointment & actually stuck to not buying the raw stuff that the devs release maybe we would've gotten somewhere better than this.
    It's been 2 years I don't accept anymore excuses.
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm positive someone is going to come in here and ruin the positivity of this thread. Oh, never mind. Already happened.

Anyway... don't let the forums ruin what looks like a great EP coming our way in roughly five weeks. I love how it has a lot of the things I bought from the The Sims 3 store back in the day.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Oh I'm definitely positive. This looks like it will be my favourite EP since TS3 Seasons. This is gonna keep me entertained for a loooooong time.

I'm excited for apartments mostly. The fact that I can't build them or have them in other worlds doesn't bother me, because that's how I played in TS2. I just played the pre-made blocks in that hood (forgot the name). Apartments are going to come in handy for so many different households. I would like to make a young family who move to the city because one of the parents gets a new job and the kid takes time to adjust (think Inside Out). I'd like to make a single parent and their kid(s) who finds love down the hallway. I'd like to make a young couple who meet by living in the same building. I'll try a rags to riches moving on up scenario too. And an apartment full of very different roommates. Then it also offers new opportunities for my existing families, like one of the kids grows up and moves to the city, one of my Sims has a sister who lives out in the city and they don't see each other very much. So many stories.

I think that a lot of the new features are going to help flesh out the personalities of some of my Sims. I'm so glad we finally have a sport in basketball, for my athletic Sims and my kids/teens. I can add one on the (fake) drive of my Sims' home back in suburbia. The GeekCon is going to give my nerdy Sims something fun to do. I'm excited for the festivals quite a lot. My city dwellers will love them but also my Sims living in other hoods who drive out to the city to visit them. My Sims have more to do on dates and nights out with the karaoke. My artistic and rebellious Sims will enjoy the new street art. And then there's all of the beautiful new CAS and Build/Buy items. I've not even thought what I'll do with the new careers and more culturally diverse options. Bring on November!
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    Does anyone know if you can have roommates? That would be a positive for me.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    spivoski wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can have roommates? That would be a positive for me.

You can make Sims who aren't related or romantically involved in CAS and they're called roommates, but this EP isn't adding roommates as a feature no unfortunately.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I'm looking forward to making a slob sim with the cockroaches and rats, and dirty home. :)
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to making a slob sim with the cockroaches and rats, and dirty home. :)

Yeah me too. That's like the forat thing I planned to do. Or make the Broke family and move them into a rundown place.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member

Yeah me too. That's like the forat thing I planned to do. Or make the Broke family and move them into a rundown place.

The Broke family would be fun to make again.

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    This pack is like so many packs stuffed into one with new ideas stuffed in too. Im excited about the clothes and the festivals and elevators (New place to woohoo?).
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

How about a neat Sim that's stuck there, lol. >:) And a slob in a nice, posh penthouse. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.