Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simulation Tech Talk

Comments

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Like I said in a few replies above, you can think of apartment buildings like neighborhoods. We don't go back to shipped worlds and change the lot/neighborhood configuration, because that might negatively impact your existing lots.
    IngeJones wrote: »

Because they had to set up lots at different heights, which is part of the world data.

Which brings me to my next question...why do all apartments have to be shells? I could see only being able to use the shell objects in that one particular city (though that's still less than what we could do with the shells before) but why are shells a requirement to make apartments now? Why can't we build our own in other worlds/neighborhoods/whatever like they're regular lots?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    Right, that would make more sense if they are only 4 max to a lot rather than vertical stacking the apartments.

Have they given any indication if the 4 apartments are the only apartments or if they are the only playable apartments? Like, the building has 8 units but only 4 of them are unlocked for play kind of thing (so the others can be fully scripted and automated)

They've not given an indication on that, no. I've been assuming it's the case, though, unless we're getting a bigger population cap increase than we did with GT, and that just feels unlikely to me, much as I wish it wasn't.

The population cap will be increased by roughly 25% for EP03 (regardless of whether or not you buy the pack. It's patched in).

What!!! This is the best news I have heard all day <3<3 *throws confetti and dances*
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If a modder can possibly use the data for some sort of limited apartment system -- or for the creation of duplexes/triplexes in the other worlds (for example, I have a 2BR house with a 1BR basement "apartment", inspired from watching way too many "Income Property" episodes), that would be a good compromise. The main issue with multiple units on the same lot now is the shared inventory system -- pretty nice when it comes to bookcases because you don't need to buy more than one copy of the same book, but not so fun when it comes to leftovers in the fridge or valuables in a storage box.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited September 2016
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    I think the shells are objects, so I'm sure modders will find ways to "liberate" them and do crazy things. It's just not something we support in worlds other than San Myshuno.

But...why? What was the thought process when you guys decided that apartments should only be available in one area of the game? With the limited amount of space we have in TS4 apartments would have been perfect for people running out of space to put their households in other neighborhoods.

Like I said in a few replies above, you can think of apartment buildings like neighborhoods. We don't go back to shipped worlds and change the lot/neighborhood configuration, because that might negatively impact your existing lots.

Are you legit saying seasons is not possible?
    Won't you need to change the currently avaiable worlds to work with snow, etc.
    tenor.gif
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    So basically these "apartments" are just individual lots placed inside a shell/container. Aka the apartments are just modified neighborhoods which are vertical instead of horizontal and covered by a deco shell. Do I understand it correctly?
    And that's why we have loading screens between apartments. Because they are not really apartments but more like individual lots squeezed in a shell box.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think the shells are objects, so I'm sure modders will find ways to "liberate" them and do crazy things. It's just not something we support in worlds other than San Myshuno.

But...why? What was the thought process when you guys decided that apartments should only be available in one area of the game? With the limited amount of space we have in TS4 apartments would have been perfect for people running out of space to put their households in other neighborhoods.

??? Are you legit saying seasons is not possible?

Yeah I really get the impression that Seasons in TS4 will be tied to one world made with Seasons... I can totally see this happening. Since they need to go back to all the shipped worlds and make seasons work with them I guess? ..

Was no problem in previous series, but that's not only the case with seasons :/

EDIT: From SimGuruEugi: I have never said this and this is false. I have never talked about Seasons.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Are you legit saying seasons is not possible?
    Won't you need to change the currently avaiable worlds to work with snow, etc.

I think SimGuruEugi means number of lots per neighborhood, placement of lots, number of neighborhoods in a world, this sort of things. I don't think Seasons would need any of that.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yeah I really get the impression that Seasons in TS4 will be tied to one world made with Seasons... I can totally see this happening. Since they need to go back to all the shipped worlds and make seasons work with them I guess? ..

That's not exactly what @SimGuruEugi said. They can't modify neighborhoods in the existing worlds because it will compromise the saves. Seasons don't really modify or alter neighborhoods in any serious way. Snow and rain are basically FX. They can be added to any world without problem. At least I don't see a problem adding them.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member

Sims 3 worlds were never patched either. Seasons worked fine with all worlds released before the EP without needing them to be edited. They were mostly just weather effects added on top of them. I don't think it will be a problem for TS4. :P
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I have question for you,two... @SimGuruEugi :smile::smile:
    1. i see there r building r high is evry flor of building have apartment r one apartment on first,second on 3,next apartment on fifth flor? how meny apartment per building?
    2. can we expect in future more worlds in som free patch like newcrest with buildings like in Sanmyshino?
    3. can we expect in future more public spaces like now thouse parks and streets in Sanmyshino with lot to do without loading screens?
    4. and if we now allow som roommate to move in with our sim in one apartment is he r she separate on some way
    from our sim r just like now when we add new household from galery to our household? for examle?
    Thank you for answer!
  • richieassyrichieassy Posts: 2 New Member
    @SimGuruEugi how is it possible to apply for a manager position for instance? (sorry for spamming here)
  • Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    Thanks for being awesome @SimGuruEugi !! :)
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    LykkeLeaf wrote: »

Sims 3 worlds were never patched either. Seasons worked fine with all worlds released before the EP without needing them to be edited. They were mostly just weather effects added on top of them. I don't think it will be a problem for TS4. :P
    The only thing I'm worried about are the backdrops, things like the 2D trees and such. Hopefully those can be made to change as well.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    SimGuruMax wrote: »
    Also, did you notice that Sims can pick up objects while seated now? This is something we just threw in once we had the core tech working and was only possible because we didn't have registration!

yes and thank you for that
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2016

Please do not spread false rumors. I have never said that. I cannot be replying to this thread if you're going to misquote me like that.

I never said I was sure it's not going to happen like that, I only said; I got the impression (it's personal, for me)

And The thing I mean is; your statement was that you cannot patch worlds without invalidating saves?

But what I get from this is that worlds don't need to be patched for Seasons to work, which is a good thing.

Glad to know I was wrong.
    I assume that I'm not getting an answer because I hit the bulls eye, but maxis can't really say "yeah you're right. We're giving you set-dressed lots instead of apartments."

• CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    THis is so cool. I'm going to look for any left handed sims now!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
    and sorry one more question
    r thouse careers active r just professions? @SimGuruEugi
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    @SimGuruEugi thank you for taking the time to answer some questions! :)

#1: will there be any cheats to add festivals to existing neighborhoods? (There is a lot of blank space in some of them that could be put to good use!)

#2: any chance we might get some neighborhood editing tools? For example, to swap or move trees, add trash cans, delete picnic tables, add basketball courts or play equipment?
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    No we stop getting answers when we start putting words in their mouth and twisting w/e they say to mean something other than exactly what they said. If you have a question, ask it.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Would it be safe to assume, if lot traits end up being a hit, we could see future packs expand upon them, like the club rules/activities in Get Together? Or is it more likely to be a City Living exclusive thing?

We will definitely be considering adding lot traits in future packs. And you won't need to own EP03 to use them.

Yay,that's awesome! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Would it be safe to assume, if lot traits end up being a hit, we could see future packs expand upon them, like the club rules/activities in Get Together? Or is it more likely to be a City Living exclusive thing?

We will definitely be considering adding lot traits in future packs. And you won't need to own EP03 to use them.

So, reusing the lot trait mechanic?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Java_JoeJava_Joe Posts: 21 Member

That doesn't make sense because you've clearly gone back and changed lot/neighborhood configurations in the past. Adding basements and additional floors to lots is a change to configuration in existing worlds. Adding new venue types to existing worlds also would require some kind of reconfiguration of lots and neighborhoods. None of those things had any negative impact on existing lots or game saves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top