Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

elevator is not available in build mode?

DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
this is the last thing that make me worry is the elevator, if is not available then is very disappointed for me, I REALLY needs the elevators to place my venues lot.

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    We don't know for sure yet. But, from my own experience, I wouldn't count on it (that way you won't be disappointed in the future).
  • DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    the gurus still unanwering this question in twitter, how desperate and worrying for me... :s
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's 99% likely not a real object but part of the world and the shell buildings.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm going to say no- because it's coded, from what I can see with my novice eyes in a trailer, as part of the "public/common space" of the lots in the neighborhood shell. It's not truly a building but the typical shell surrounding neighborhoods as we have them now redesigned to look like walls instead of trees and sky. The hallways, lobby, festival plaza are the common space that all neighborhoods currently have but redesigned to look as they do in this current pack. In fact, I'll wager they used most of the "rental" coding from OR to build these new vertical neighborhoods. That said, you'll no more be able to use the elevator then you can a tree in the current neighborhood common space set up. Now, there are mods/CC that have replicated the common area trees in the game AND you can find the special tree that leads to the hidden lot in Willow Creek in buydebug- however that tree is designed just to go to the hidden lot and I suspect if the elevator is available in buydebug (it probably won't be) then it will only lead to the lots that it was originally programmed to lead to- that's why I think it won't even be available though.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The ones in shells have to be coded into place because of how the buildings are made. These are placed on public space.

There is no reason why they couldn't be moveable when placed on lots though.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They may not be available in build after your sim have moved in. But they could be in build when your are just building a place in your because at present all things in the game are unlocked in build/buy mode. Now here's the kicker, since we can not build apartment buildings. Elevators maybe not available in build/buy for this very reason. So the only thing that we can do is just wait and see, or hope that we can get a SimGuru to answer this question.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think the elevator is just part of the shell mesh and coincides with the spot your sim will spawn at like how they do outside their doors now on normal lots.
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think the elevator is just part of the shell mesh and coincides with the spot your sim will spawn at like how they do outside their doors now on normal lots.
    That could very well be! ;)<3
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Quick question but what is the odds of an elevator also having a loading screen from going yo different floors? Is that a little bit too extreme?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I have a vision on where a sim will appear after the returning home loading screen clears. I see one of my sims standing just outside the elevators out in the hallway of the floor that they live on. Now they could have made animation of sims riding in the elevators. But I highly doubt that.
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Quick question but what is the odds of an elevator also having a loading screen from going yo different floors? Is that a little bit too extreme?

One of the gurus confirmed that the elevators won't have a loading screen, just visiting a neighbor. But as for the rest of the building and the festivals will be loading screen free.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

There are only loading screens between different lots. The building itself, lobby, halls aren't on lots, they are public space. You only hit a loading screen if you visit another apartment, house or venue.
    I would say that the odds on that are very good!
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Oh please tell me they haven't restricted elevators too.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

There are only loading screens between different lots. The building itself, lobby, halls aren't on lots, they are public space. You only hit a loading screen if you visit another apartment, house or venue.
    The hallways, and the commons area are just going to be like the sidewalk that's outside your sim's house now. But they didn't say anything about whether or not if elevators will have loading screen. So the best answer to this no body outside Maxis or EA knows yet.
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    In the trailer you see someone redecorating a penthouse. The elevator is fixed.

Next to that, don't hope for it. We won't get what we want. No toddlers, no apartments the way (it seems) the entire community likes them.. Need I say more?
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The hallways, and the commons area are just going to be like the sidewalk that's outside your sim's house now. But they didn't say anything about whether or not if elevators will have loading screen. So the best answer to this no body outside Maxis or EA knows yet.

Actually they said elevator never have loading screen.
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member

Well actually a Guru said there is not going to be a loading screen for elevators.

40e2562c8df85e472deb01490980cc75.png
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh hey. So, that means either our Sim disappears from view and the camera goes down/up anyway or we get to be in the elevator with our Sim. Which would be awesome. I'm not going to pin my hopes on it, or at least I'm going to try not to.

Okay, I kind of am. I shouldn't have thought of that :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Taquanda wrote: »

Well actually a Guru said there is not going to be a loading screen for elevators.

I remember them saying that. But was that for when the sim is out on the street though? When they said that there's no loading screen when going to a street fair. We need to keep in mind that SimGurus are not always clear on what they say. They do this to avoid sharing to much information on the subject. Again this is another case where one needs to be specific when asking a SimGuru about loading screens. Now if there is or isn't loading screens on the elevator, that's fine by me. Because I'm so very use to playing The Sims with loading screens by now.

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »

I remember them saying that. But was that for when the sim is out on the street though? When they said that there's no loading screen when going to a street fair. We need to keep in mind that SimGurus are not always clear on what they say. They do this to avoid sharing to much information on the subject. Again this is another case where one needs to be specific when asking a SimGuru about loading screens. Now if there is or isn't loading screens on the elevator, that's fine by me. Because I'm so very use to playing The Sims with loading screens by now.

He said "never" to the question "Do elevator have a loading screen?"
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    If we wont be able to use elevators in buildmode I´am leaving thes geme. It´s not about the elevator, it´s about they are not listening to us at all or what we want. We wanted apartments, we can´t build ém. It would not suprise me if we got toddlers but they are like one size bigger then newborns and are stuck to a object. They will be like "yeah, you wanted toddlers and we are listening. What´s the point?".
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well if it really is a portal rather than a spawnpoint, there is some hope.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    On the positive dreamy side of my brain-
    The reason as to why the Gurus did not answer the question is that they are the free items and they can not talk about them this quarter.