Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be prepared

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Lol~ Like .... Be Afraid, be Very Afraid.

I actually expect them to have to do some of those... Maybe that's how limited the engine is. Well, not That limited but pretty much very limited in world size (Neighborhood!) and having to have loading screens for neighbors. It was always there, it will always be there.

My opinion has hit it's sell by date (paraphrasing) because my suggestions are outdated and I haven't bought any expansions/gps/stuffs. I've played TS2 to death and TS3 CAW overloaded. I was so looking forward to this New and Shiny game. Oh, well. . . :(
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    ravamaile wrote: »
    They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams.

Is it you, SimGuruDrake? :)

It's not a privilege. News, updates and engagement with players are their promoting strategy. No news or updates - sooner or later players are going to forget about this game and move on. Engagement - personally I think they enjoy it. They can post any random silly picture on their simguru twitter accounts and everyone will like it, share it and be excited about it. That is why one of the simgurus (don't remember exactly who) once said that they are surprised to see complaints about the game as they have so many likes on Facebook.

They're not obligated to offer you a product. Business is not a public duty.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I read the name of this thread and instantly thought of the Lion King.
  • ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams.

It's not a privilege. News, updates and engagement with players are their promoting strategy. No news or updates - sooner or later players are going to forget about this game and move on. Engagement - personally I think they enjoy it. They can post any random silly picture on their simguru twitter accounts and everyone will like it, share it and be excited about it. That is why one of the simgurus (don't remember exactly who) once said that they are surprised to see complaints about the game as they have so many likes on Facebook.

I didn't say they have to do so. They choose to do so, so it's not like they are doing a big favor to customers. It's a win-win, they get hype and excitement and money, players - hype and excitement.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    lol I did not even notice my own Lion King reference.

Guys, what an answers on my opinion. I went to sleep and came back with quite a lot to read.

First of all I really want to say that I do not hate the Sims. The only thing that seems quite important to me is that we are the costumers. I kinda disagree with the post about other developers that also "wouldn't" listen. They do. They do on a small scale, but it's still a bigger scale than what's happening here. Game developers are all about feedback.

Have you guys heard about No Mans Sky? A new game that was way overhyped and ended up really really bad? Now that's the perfect example of a game studio entirely not listening. EA does listen, but it's on a much smaller scale. People saying this is a business and they don't have to listen to us or whatsoever are wrong. Restaurants listen to their costumers, airlines listen to their costumers. They won't make any changes if it's just one person, but when it's almost the entire community, you better hope that they will do something's about it.

I will still buy CL. Sound lame, but there will always be a part in me that hopes that some day something will come and evens everything out. I'm still not ready to leave the franchise. I was just voicing my concerns and thoughts.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »

Guys, what an answers on my opinion. I went to sleep and came back with quite a lot to read.

First of all I really want to say that I do not hate the Sims. The only thing that seems quite important to me is that we are the costumers. I kinda disagree with the post about other developers that also "wouldn't" listen. They do. They do on a small scale, but it's still a bigger scale than what's happening here. Game developers are all about feedback.

Have you guys heard about No Mans Sky? A new game that was way overhyped and ended up really really bad? Now that's the perfect example of a game studio entirely not listening. EA does listen, but it's on a much smaller scale. People saying this is a business and they don't have to listen to us or whatsoever are wrong. Restaurants listen to their costumers, airlines listen to their costumers. They won't make any changes if it's just one person, but when it's almost the entire community, you better hope that they will do something's about it.

I will still buy CL. Sound lame, but there will always be a part in me that hopes that some day something will come and evens everything out. I'm still not ready to leave the franchise. I was just voicing my concerns and thoughts.

despite my constant complaining, I too, am going to get the EP (like always).
    not because i support or agree with anything. It's because it's better than nothing. I dont really have a choice. want <insert feature> ? Get this half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pack! take it or leave it!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    hafizchan wrote: »

despite my constant complaining, I too, am going to get the EP (like always).
    not because i support or agree with anything. It's because it's better than nothing. I dont really have a choice. want <insert feature> ? Get this half plum pack! take it or leave it!

You're right. It is better than nothing. I agree.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Pets will have loading screens when sniffing the next door dogs' plum.

Why? Are you expecting he will vanish up the other dog's plum to access a magical hidden lot?

• auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member

Wait how will they earn money if they don't offer us products? It's literally their job, they're not handing people free games or anything.

I'm not sure if i'm understanding this right but seriously we don't owe anything to devs or the team it is their job to sell their products and satisfy their customers. They're not doing us a favor when they offer information about the game so ? ?
    auramaris wrote: »

Wait how will they earn money if they don't offer us products? It's literally their job, they're not handing people free games or anything.

I'm not sure if i'm understanding this right but seriously we don't owe anything to devs or the team it is their job to sell their products and satisfy their customers. They're not doing us a favor when they offer information about the game so ? ?
    As stated above, they've already recovered their investments, so they can freely return home and spend it on as many units of "Fisher Price Little People Garage" as they desire without any concern for legal consequence or your demand for toddlers. Even if they hadn't earned any money, they would still not be obligated to sell anything to you.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch

As stated above, they've already recovered their investments, so they can freely return home and spend it on as many units of "Fisher Price Little People Garage" as they desire without any concern for legal consequence or your demand for toddlers. Even if they hadn't earned any money, they would still not be obligated to sell anything to you.

Oh if that's the case it explains why they aren't even trying to make decent packs with actual content anymore.
  • SimmerForever2130SimmerForever2130 Posts: 3 New Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Yeah, that'll happen (or not happen as the case may be).

sorry but u watch doctor who, HI! xD
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited September 2016

Lol!

Of course they are not obligated to offer a product, but what business would BE in business unless they offered a product or service?

They're are beholden to their shareholders and shareholders only care about a return on their investment. Guess who provides that return? That's right, us meager peasants who purchase said product or service. And dare you guess what happens when a product or service stops meeting customer expectations? That's right, we stop spending money on it and those numbers shareholders care about evaporate, they sell off shares, and guess who's not in business anymore? That's right! So we puny little pushovers are important after all! Who would of thunk it!!!
  • profanedogprofanedog Posts: 108 Member

You're being obtusely over-legalistic here. EA owns the rights to franchises, one of which is the popular Sims franchise. While they aren't legally obliged to us the customers to develop it further, it's in their financial interest, and their duty to shareholders, to maximize profits from it by milking us for all we're worth.
    Oh if that's the case it explains why they aren't even trying to make decent packs with actual content anymore.
    I see plenty of decent packs with actual content and a long list of works in progress.

Imagine yourself in their place... persistently flooded with negative feedback regarding a product which you've once poured your heart into while having no professional reason to further its production other than 'doing your job' and 'earning money' as you describe. After personally earning millions, would you really care to tolerate the kind of abuse which you've witnessed throughout these forums? Especially after having achieved the social and intellectual status which are required for anyone to even consider creation of an entertainment product such as The Sims?

The Sims is a product of love, and those who receive only abuse in response to their expressions of love will eventually determine that there is no valid reason to continue sharing their perspective with a spiteful audience. Maybe I'm a bit over-sensitive, however, I can see in recent presentations that the Gurus have become 'less-joyous' about current developments and it's painful to see after so many years of delightful surprises from their team.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited September 2016
    I see plenty of decent packs with actual content and a long list of works in progress.

Imagine yourself in their place... persistently flooded with negative feedback regarding a product which you've once poured your heart into while having no professional reason to further its production other than 'doing your job' and 'earning money' as you describe. After personally earning millions, would you really care to tolerate the kind of abuse which you've witnessed throughout these forums? Especially after having achieved the social and intellectual status which are required for anyone to even consider creation of an entertainment product such as The Sims?

The Sims is a product of love, and those who receive only abuse in response to their expressions of love will eventually determine that there is no valid reason to continue sharing their perspective with a spiteful audience. Maybe I'm a bit over-sensitive, however, I can see in recent presentations that the Gurus have become 'less-joyous' about current developments and it's painful to see after so many years of delightful surprises from their team.

Im quite certain that those making "millions" aren't affected or aware of what goes on here. So long as they have those millions, they probably don't give a hoot!

The devs on the other hand, yeah I kind of agree on that. Insulting, abusive or hateful comments and behavior should not go on or be tolerated.

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2016
    Please log out for a little while and reflect on how what you are posting effects other people. When you learn to stop reaching and scaremongering, please come back. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Why? Are you expecting he will vanish up the other dog's plum to access a magical hidden lot?

Don't give them ideas, Inge!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

omg :joy: that is the funniest thing I've read all morning! LOL
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

hehhehe, that's one of your best lines yet. More please.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.

I agree that some of the comments can get too much but there is a reason they're receiving negative feedback on a daily basis. As far as the sims 1 and 2 goes they do feel like a product of love but i don't think it can be said about 4.
    I'm sure there are people on the team who love their job but the finished product shows me it is made for the money.

Get to Work could've made all the careers active, there is a mod for that and it works great. Get Together could've had more events for the sims, i don't imagine it'd be so hard to add since i'm seeing modders doing it a lot. In City Living we can't even build apartments and have real roommates and people are already wondering if there would be a mod for that. I wasn't even aware of culling since i was using a mod and it just doesn't make sense that modders can fix things like that and the devs can't.

A lot of the stuff packs could've been released together too, we have like 3 packs for backyards. Kids Room Stuff Pack had a lot of recolors of the same exact meshes which just seems lazy. There are 3 hairstyles in a pack and none for children sometimes while there are tons of cc on the internet for free which are superior to sims 4's basic look alike content. I don't think it'd hurt them if they made one or two more hairstyles or some original meshes for a stuff pack.

People have been asking for the content they loved from previous iterations and they did implement some of it like retails, restaurants and apartments but the problem is that they don't function like they used to. A lot of the features that made those things are taken out so it's no surprise that people are disappointed.

I don't mean to disrespect the work that's been put into this game but all of the things i mentioned and more shows me that sims 4 is not a product of love by any means.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @auramaris Well said :smile:

The negative feedback can be disheartening but as players are leaving that feedback out of love as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    The title of your post reminded me of this:
    http://youtu.be/Dmt45BF5SOM

I totally had Scar's voice in my head reading your post. I agree though. The frequent loading screens are one of my major killers to this game.
    :(

I was just thinking of this lol
    giphy.gif

• SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited September 2016
    This must stop. The product developers are the authority over their own intellectual property and they're not obligated to produce what is demanded by any specific community. They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams, and it's unbelievable that they've tolerated the fraudulent arguments and condescension from non-professionals who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices.

There is a well-defined limit to customer privilege and the behavior within this community has gone very far beyond. This is a good example of what has been referred to as toxic, and if this persists, you'll soon have no forums.

Giving my money away is a privilege to the person or company that gets it too. If the product doesn't meet my expectations they shouldn't have the privilege of spending my money anymore.
    How dare you say they've given us a privilege of news. Its a product just like any other product & consumers have never demanded
    suppliers provide news for their products.
    Fraudulent arguments and condescension from non professionals, that statement/ phrase is condescending in itself.

Fraudulent arguments ? A consumer says they don't like a product is not fraudulent (involving deception) that is how they really feel.

condescension from non professionals ? Saying how you feel about a product as a consumer is not condescension (meaning they feel superior or a statement of disdain) it is simple how they feel.

"Who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices" now that is a condescending statement !

"You have no idea what people know, where they've been, who they've worked for, so you don't know what level of comprehension they have or don't have.

A little less trying to shut people up and a little more letting people voice their thoughts, opinions please. That is what this forum is for.