Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Push back the EP, make Apartments build-able

13...Next

Comments

• JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2016
    I am 100% ok with the way apartments look right now! I hated TS3's apartments but these ones seem to have more to offer. The neighborhood looks amazing with the festivals and apparently the first video on this barely scratched the surface.. There's more coming!

Edit: Not to mention this tweet!
    Which says "It allows us to make buildings that don't adhere to build-mode restrictions -- like height and shape."

Hopefully, the world will be amazing considering they didn't have to follow build mode restrictions!
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    JCsS1MS wrote: »
    I am 100% ok with the way apartments look right now! I hated TS3's apartments but these ones seem to have more to offer. The neighborhood looks amazing with the festivals and apparently the first video on this barely scratched the surface.. There's more coming!

Edit: Not to mention this tweet!
    Which says "It allows us to make buildings that don't adhere to build-mode restrictions -- like height and shape."

Hopefully, the world will be amazing considering they didn't have to follow build mode restrictions!

They could have done both!!!!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @leo3487 wrote: »
    at TS2 Apartment Life, you could place apartments building out of Belladona Cove?

Yes. :)

Make our own neighborhoods and build apartments. ;)
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    EA is in a no-win situation here. This half-baked feature (and who knows, maybe the other features of the EP are or aren't half-baked), gets released 10.5 months after the last EP, feeling undone, or they push it back to release what most would probably feel are acceptable conditions and they get called out for having so much time in between expansions (because as if 10.5 months is not already long enough.) I think, quite frankly, the Sims 4 engine is just too limited. I would rather them end it now than give us half baked seasons, university, vacations and pets. And I have never said that about any of the previous iterations of the series. What is done cannot be undone but what is not yet done does not have to be.

Either the Engine is limited or they dont know what they are doing. I am getting worried now that we are not going to see some of the more demanded eps (seasons, pets etc) due to the game engine/code. And if we do get those eps im worried weather for example will be like these apartments and be locked to a certain world like a vacation spot or something.

I have the same fear too (we'll see rain and snow in just a specific world; and if they didn't give us toddlers till now, I don't see pets coming). But the fact is that apartment complexes should be buildable. I don't understand WHY they thought the community would like it not to be buildable. It makes no sense.
    - I think apartment complexes should not be buildable and they'll be found only in San Myshuno.
    - That's a great idea! They'll love it! They do not care about building!
    - Weeeeee! So let's do that!
    O.o That was the worst idea EVER. Just my view about it.

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'd rather have an Expansion this year and let them add build-able Apartments later on through a Patch, at least that way we get the best of both worlds: Those who don't care about building Apartments can have City Living and those of us who want to build them will just have to wait - which we'd have to do either way.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    EA is in a no-win situation here. This half-baked feature (and who knows, maybe the other features of the EP are or aren't half-baked), gets released 10.5 months after the last EP, feeling undone, or they push it back to release what most would probably feel are acceptable conditions and they get called out for having so much time in between expansions (because as if 10.5 months is not already long enough.) I think, quite frankly, the Sims 4 engine is just too limited. I would rather them end it now than give us half baked seasons, university, vacations and pets. And I have never said that about any of the previous iterations of the series. What is done cannot be undone but what is not yet done does not have to be.

Oh yeah, let them give up on a game with a strong following, that'll really get peoples' spirits up and wallets out. Frankly, if they just ditch The Sims 4 like that, I'll have no faith that they can uphold The Sims 5.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    SimsTias wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Can this even be salvaged? They spent a whole year's EP budget on this, and it's total trash.

I don't understand how this took a year to make?
    What did they spend the money on? Apartment traits? lmao

No just the stupid ''emotions'' thing!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Can this even be salvaged? They spent a whole year's EP budget on this, and it's total trash.

If you don't like the EP, that's your opinion and choice. But don't discount the entire body of work here, it is packed with stuff.

They built an entire city!
    - 3 careers
    - apartments
    - penthouses
    - basketball
    - kareoke
    - bubble machine
    - apartment traits
    - FESTIVALS
    - etc, etc.

ya have to buy this EP to have those ''extra'' things that make the game more weirder and funny to see.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Love this thread title. Such passion
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I'm sorry but I don't see an issue with how apartments will function in the upcoming expansion pack.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member

It seems like they just spent most of it on FX like trains, cars and shell apartments xD What a good investment that was.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I want this to happen though I am afraid they never would push back the EP. Signed for solidarity anyway!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They are not going to push the EP back now as it is out very soon.

Literally, what you see now is what you are going to get :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Why can't they just kill the build mode restrictions for us, then we can ALL do things that don't adhere to them, like we wanted to all along.
    Uncharted 4, a game so coherent and amazing and can't really be compared to a sims 4 EP, was pushed back by 4 months if I'm not mistaken. There was an outrage but the game developers took time to have a smooth release with issues ironed out. So as much as I agree that waiting does suck, I don't see why people who've waited for +8 months can't wait a couple more for a better product. And remember, this is just an opinion, it's not like I have the authority to make them postpone a title because I made a thread about it.
    On the other hand, I don't get why it was so hard to make apartments buildable. In sims 2 you just placed the special door(correctly, with the doormat in the hallway), and the game would detect everything routable on the other side as an apartment. Using the same doors you would pick which is your apartment and voila, all the others would black out. I don't think the current engine is worse than that of TS2, but I think it's just an absurdly idiotic design decision alienating builders and limiting gameplay. And as I said before, it's not a proper expansion pack in the sense it doesn't expand the gameplay in other worlds. It's a world-specific thing and that's really sad.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited September 2016
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Uncharted 4, a game so coherent and amazing and can't really be compared to a sims 4 EP, was pushed back by 4 months if I'm not mistaken. There was an outrage but the game developers took time to have a smooth release with issues ironed out. So as much as I agree that waiting does suck, I don't see why people who've waited for +8 months can't wait a couple more for a better product. And remember, this is just an opinion, it's not like I have the authority to make them postpone a title because I made a thread about it.

Uncharted 4 was delayed by a year if I remember right, last year in March it was delayed till Spring this year, it was then delayed again before "Going Gold"

I personally do not want City living delayed till next year.

If they were to do that then, EA would be criticised for lack of content in that time and criticisms it took over a year for this Expansion.

If we are delaying it to add building apartments, heck why not third in vampires, why not go even further and throw in toddlers?

My point is there are always going to be people disappointed with certain features of each release. You can't please everyone.
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    I need to sign this. I agree, I like its just like sims 2 that I can build apartment anytime and place in any additional world. I like that feature. Why they make this limitation anyway. People just buy this expansion to add feature, they don't have to limit your choice to one world, seriously.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I don't think it will happen this close to release, but I could be wrong. Good luck.