Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So we can't build our own apartments.

What a disappointment. Every time i start gaining back my hope for this game something like this happenslessons.gif
. It's incredible that whey cut something so essential about the game; CONSTRUCTION. Seriously ? We cannot build our own apartments ? NYheadache.gif
And the fact that apartments are exclusive of the new world, makes it even worst. My heart is broken. I'm just gonna give up on this game already. It's time for me to let it die... What a waste of a saga. Honestly, truly! NYschooll.gif
tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
"Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
-"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Apartments though arn't the only feature of the ep.
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    I hear ya girl,

Like I said in another post,
    raw
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    Apartments though arn't the only feature of the ep.

Yeah, but the expansion won't have durability. You won't be able to explode its potential. Once you do everything and you already had lived in every single apartment, what's next ? Yeah, nothing else.
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    It won't die. Their new audience loves everything about TS4 - angry pooping, goofy walking and casually playing "woohoo with everyone" challenge.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    We can't build Apartment COMPLEXES. that doesn't mean we can't modify and rebuild apartments in the premade complexes, just that we can't build new complexes. Big difference. We will be able to have custom apartments, just have to have them in the spaces the game gives us for them is all.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I'm sure there will be a cheat. Just like in Sims 3 apartment shells.
  • Options
    pxelglobpxelglob Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree with you on this, I'm not very keen on the whole City Life thing, though I understand that some people are, I was just expecting the full experience. Meaning I was hoping we could actually build the apartments, but it looks like we`ll be getting some simple customization options instead. I even heard that we can't build apartments outside of San Myshuno. What a bummer :neutral:
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited September 2016
    maybe not easily but, there might be new cheats that let us have a hay day with apartments. I'm not giving up on remodeling other towns until I get my hands on the EP and, test it out, dig for cheats, etc... EA built those apartments on what was once an empty world so, there has to be a way to do it, just don't know how yet and, if it will be impossibly locked out, or if we can find it.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    So, we can't build apartments in our suburbs? That's ridiculous!
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    ikr? it's like they love removing the fun and important parts of the game
  • Options
    BraãoBraão Posts: 10 New Member
    EXACTLY, I really hate that
  • Options
    I really don't know how they expect us not to complain and be angry about this stuffs. It's really unacceptable. How after all what happened with the base game on its release, missing LOTS of IMPORTANT and BASIC features, we are still getting half baked stuffs ?. The excuse for the base game was that they didn't have enough time. What's the excuse now ? Don't tell us it's because it's really difficult to add certain stuffs, because:
    1- This is a NEW GEN game, and don't tell me that you can't do thing you did in the old gen game. Where is the thrive ? the evolution ? WHERE ? You guys are going backwards.
    2- You guys said you have a REAL POWERFUL GAME ENGINE. I'm still waiting for you to show off its potential.Because as far as i can see, this is the most limited game engine i've ever seen.
    I'm tired of excuses, tbh. There is always an excuse to exclude things we had before. Sims 2 is older and we were able to do MUCH MORE than with this "NEW" game. It doesn't make sense to me.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    rip1.gif
  • Options
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    rip1.gif

IKR... R.I.P The Sims.
    14445725_10210429684677223_1235391277_n.png?oh=ba087633a01e3a4bea379860cedc5e9c&oe=57E50D2E

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    According to this timeline with Britney, The Sims 5 is going to be ok :)
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    ravamaile wrote: »
    According to this timeline with Britney, The Sims 5 is going to be ok :)

If there is The Sims 5... And if it is, it better be as good as GLORY. LOL

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    We can't build Apartment COMPLEXES. that doesn't mean we can't modify and rebuild apartments in the premade complexes, just that we can't build new complexes. Big difference. We will be able to have custom apartments, just have to have them in the spaces the game gives us for them is all.

I don't like feeling I'm a rat in a maze that can't get out. Just round and round the same avenue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BTW! Can't wait for LGR's review. That's my favorite part when they release new material, because i know i will have a new LGR video. Sad but true... moorangu.png

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I have a feeling he's going to love this pack. Or should I say... What if He Loves it? :lol:
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Dissapointing. I was thinking of buying it today too with the sale going on. The festivals still sound kinda fun.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Some people are not willing to accept premade apartments, sure you can build within the shells, that is not what some people want. They want to build from scratch. from ground up. Another limitation is the fact you are confined to one neighborhood so if that neighborhood is full you can't built apartments in other areas. I rather wait for a half off sale or something because paying full price is not an option for me. Seeing what is going on here is not difficult to see what will happen with the rest of Sims 4 development. All I can do is laugh at the offerings of this EP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Like I said in another thread, this is another consequence of turning an online game into a PC game. No solid base and lots of limitations, as well as cutting corners and not adding little details and things from previous games. So nothing surprises me anymore. I'm going to start calling TS4 Olympus 2.0.
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    But guys, who has apartments in the suburbs? Like, apartments are found really in only cities IRL, why make things unrealistic.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    Wow they said that apartments can't be custom built or moved into other areas? Not that I had planned to buy this expansion pack because I still stand behind what I have said, until it improves I will spend not one more dime but I honestly had not thought they could limit this game anymore and then they do something to prove me wrong lol.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif