Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your questions to the gurus on City Living

Comments

• NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Can we build our own apartments from scratch?
    Can we build apartment buildings in other neighborhoods?
    Can we fill the apartments with characters we have designed or will the apartments be filled we pre-made NPC's?

Nope
    Nope
    Yes, but we hit a loading screen every time you visit a neighbor's apartment. :/
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Will we be able to change the traits of a lot? For example if I give the Goths' house the traits Filthy and Haunted so it has that Fall of the House of Usher vibe, could I remove those traits later?
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    What were you thinking for doing this?

Honestly, I want to know because not being able to build our own apartments sounds absurd to me.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    @Gurus I'm not trying to incite drama, i'm genuinely curious, did you honestly expect we would be pleased with the apartments being developed this way?

If it's really the case that you did then it's shocking how much you misread us as a community.
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Not being able to build our own apartments is such a huge missed opportunity for the creative builders we have in the community. I just don't understand how they justify not allowing us to build our own. Why? It's so uncool.

I didn't think I could be anymore disappointed with this game. And loading screens between neighbors in the same building it just shouldn't be that way.

I was really hoping that I would want this pack so I can get back into playing TS4.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    It'd be nice to have one lot in the city where we could build our own apartment from scratch and become a landlord. But they could probably add that later. I don't think it's all that big of a deal. I can see how builders would be a bit disappointed but I'd just be placing other people's lots there. I don't see why we'd need to be able to build from scratch on every lot. they could even just add apartments later as a lot type and people could build them in newcrest or something.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    You don't hear us....you do what you do, players don't matter.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    How many sims will be able to play on the video game console at the same time? Will other sims be able to watch them?
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member

This.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Why have you left the feature of building our own apartments out? Why we cant build in other neighborhoods or worlds? Why the loading screens for visit a neighbor on the same lot in apartment? WHY.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Why cant we build rental lots in other worlds, forget the tall builds and apartment shells - why cant I use those rental doors/mailbins/trash chutes in other builds to make my own rentals in other worlds - we have a rental category on the gallery after all. I really thought for sure this was being saved for City Life apartments.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »

This.

I haven't posted on The Sims 4 forums since July 2014 if anything, and I have never been active here anyways. I have been playing since my dad introduced me, as a child, to this game back in 2003. This has finally made me understand. The Sims is ending. It's been sixteen years since the first game came out. Will Wright originally created it as a satire of American consumer culture. Ironically, it's become a cash cow. EA, as a corporation with no regard to anything but our money, has gradually tightened its grip over the game for years. There's no doubt in my mind that they have restricted the amount of time and resources allowed to be put into The Sims. I genuinely see a creative vision within The Sims 4. Its style hearkens back to the game's roots, but it's not nearly fleshed out enough. I saw hope until today. Being unable to build or edit apartments is the largest blow this game has ever dealt me. I always see the greatness that The Sims 4 can be, but it is constantly dashed by missing features such as this. The developers are stuck between a corporation, their fans, their paycheck, and a game I assume they love. It's a shame for everyone.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wow and to think I had such high hopes for this game, it looks like others are right, they are killing and ending this franchise, it is so sad to see, :(.
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    So Gurus....Do you hear us or do you just develop in a bubble? You use all kinds of creative tools to give us pre-fab stagnant worlds and then hold the tools back from us. The thing that made the sims Franchise so great was the ability to have amazing tools at our fingertips...to build the worlds we wanted and to populate them with our buildings, our sims and the lives we decided to give them. You are slowly taking away all the creative freedom this game gave us, the whole reason the franchise has lasted all these years is that the game was only limited by our imaginations, now the game is limited by you the developers. An open exciting world has become a restricted linear playscape ruled not by us but by you the developers. SO dissapointed.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    So Gurus....Do you hear us or do you just develop in a bubble? You use all kinds of creative tools to give us pre-fab stagnant worlds and then hold the tools back from us. The thing that made the sims Franchise so great was the ability to have amazing tools at our fingertips...to build the worlds we wanted and to populate them with our buildings, our sims and the lives we decided to give them. You are slowly taking away all the creative freedom this game gave us, the whole reason the franchise has lasted all these years is that the game was only limited by our imaginations, now the game is limited by you the developers. An open exciting world has become a restricted linear playscape ruled not by us but by you the developers. SO dissapointed.

Amen, I could not have said it better Myself, thank you.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    In the trailer it showed handing out keys to the apartment to friends. Will we be able to do this with other residential lots and possibly come home to visitors there?
  • CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 357 Member
    Maybe that's the stance they have right now and they might be able to put a few free build lots. They could just not want to give anyone false hope by saying you may be able to free build but then not have that feature. This is probably not at all what their doing, but I'm just hoping!
    fXMaueP.png
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2016
    If it's not already in the game, PLEASE let the Sims be able to capture a rat and keep it as a pet!!! <3<3<3
  • CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 357 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    If it's not already in the game, PLEASE let the Sims be able to capture a rat and keep it as a pet!!! <3<3<3

YESSSSSS! If they add that, I would soo take that as a hint for pets!
    fXMaueP.png
  • JDones94JDones94 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm so disappointed of what The Sims has become now is as if we can't do anything anymore with all these limitations you have given us @Guru ,why!? We love The Sims!! And enjoyed everything that came with it so why take it away? why now!? I really was looking forward to TS4 and all the EP in a new upgraded form but now you have started to keep people from fully enjoying all that the Sims had to offer. The different places, weird and crazy adventures and even changing a sim into fun creatures limitading all those thing that made The Sims fun.. you should really hear our part to .We love this game as much as I assume you do too.
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    How do elevators work in City Living EP?
    you walk to the elevators and enter it
    heres the trick
    you either go
    up
    or
    down

Omg I laughed way too hard at this.
    May we all chill like wizards
  • PalomaPlay1PalomaPlay1 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm a fan of the sims since 2007 and is the first time I don't want to buy anything else and stop playing this franchise. I am very disappointed with the game and with the content they provide. It was a game that had so much potential when it came out, and I was hoping it was better than the sims 3. At the end I realize that it is just as bad as the sims 3, because your incomplete and unnecessary packs. Open your eyes Simmers!!! Sorry for my Inglés!
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Careers: Are the new careers active? Do you need to live in san myshuno to have one of the new careers?

Festivals: Besides visually, how exactly do they differ from the club system? Right now in game I could create an outside "geekcon" or foodstand and set multiple clubs to show up.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    How many penthouse lots come in this world? Is it correct to assume one family per penthouse?

How many apartments are there in total in this world? Not how many buildings, but how many opportunites to move families in to the city? How many 'playable homes' in total?

Are there any other kind of lots introduced in this pack and will those lots be available in our other neighbourhoods?